Patriot Act Classifies Hmong as Terrorists

cecilia

Staff member
not sure if anyone see this yet..but the situations from listening to this is sorta akward..hard for me to judge and pick side..but i do understand that because of the PATRIOT ACT..some of the elder ppl dont' have their citizenship yet. I'm not into politics but my dad is and he serve in the war also. Hearing things like this upset me even more. I can't believe that they're denying us legal right to live and stay here. We fought for them. It's them that guarantee us this safety and now theyr'e turning their back to us all because of this PATRIOT ACT. Who's the real hypocrite now? This is very upsetting, but like one of the elder said 'I'M PROUD TO BE HMONG' and will fight this all the way if i have too. Terrorist or no terrorist, we're loyal ppl. Our own fault was that we got fool by such hypo ppl like them. I hope i'm not consider a terrorist by making this remark because this is upsetting if you're in my shoe.

02/18/2007 - The USA Patriot Act has classified many Hmong residents as terrorists, even though the only fighting they've ever done was for the US.
Related Links

* VIDEO: Patriot Act Classifies Hmong as Terrorists (Windows Media)
* Talk About This Story
* Watch Action News On Demand
* Watch ABC Primetime Online

This monument thanks the Hmong veterans for their service during the Vietnam War. But because of their participation, they're now being labeled terrorists, even though they were United States allies.

They fought as allies to the Americans during the Vietnam War. But now, they have a label they say they do not deserve and that label keeps them from obtaining greencards.

General Vang Pao, "We are loyal to the US government. Why would they be labeling as terrorists? Or falling under the category of terrorists?"

Va Ger Vang, Hmong veteran, says, "That's what they label us, but I served the Americans until 75. And to the present day, I remain loyal to this country."

Va Ger Vang and Noa Pao her now live in Fresno with their families. But, still have no greencards.

It 's a problem many Hmong veterans are having because of the definition of terrorist in the Patriot Act. The Hmong are considered terrorists because they were guerrilla soldiers even though they fought on the same side as American troops.

This weekend, Hmong veterans from across the United States met in Fresno, hoping to make the path to citizenship easier for Hmong veteran refugees.

Hue Vang, Hmong leader says, "We need our newcomers to at least have the chance to live as legal residents."

Even with the label, these Hmong veterans say they're proud of their service to the United States.

Nao Pao says, "Despite what they said I will continue my loyalty and my support to this country."

The Hmong leaders say they're also hoping to create awareness of the problems the Hmong are going through in Laos. They say people are dying, being persecuted for their collaboration with American troops.

Copyright KFSN-TV, www.abc30.com, and myabc30.com. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without explicit written permission.
Credit: Amanda Perez ll http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=...&id=5043637 <--there's a vdo clip of this news in this site.

watch it and judge it for yourself ..okie ..here's the shortcut to the VDO : HMONG TERRORIST

ntxhais

sarNie Hatchling
Why is it that they are only bringing this up now? Is it just the veterans or is it the whole hmoob community as a whole? Hmm? Interesting....

sweetyaj

sarNie Elites
wow..i don't knoe wat to say...i am completely shock. i feel so stupid and useless rite now...this is happening and i am only doing wats good for me....i can't do anything to help....all i can do is wonder and hope for the best....awwww....i hate all this i wish i can close my eyes n everything be better.....but i am not dat lucky....hey does this sound like the turning point in the hmong histriy or is it jus me...

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
HAHA...i just find it funny...because hmong people brought it on themselves for believing in the americans...greedy hmong people...tsk tsk tsk...and now they're whining about it...lol...so typical

Mae

sarNie Adult
HAHA...i just find it funny...because hmong people brought it on themselves for believing in the americans...greedy hmong people...tsk tsk tsk...and now they're whining about it...lol...so typical
It's so typical of you to make a comment like this....for it wasn't for our elderly fighting in the war and defending the Americans then you and I wouldn't be living the life we have right now. I know you're anti-hmong almost everything, but the least you can do is give respect to those who sacrificed their lives! Aren't you a little greedy for laughing at your own people when you should be standing up with us to fight this injustice!!!! <_<

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
lol...i didn't point a gun to the "elderly's" head and make them join in on the war so i can have a "good" life...i don't see any injustice happening...all i see are hmong people trying to get to a place where they are not wanted...but then again...i shouldn't be surprised because that's what they've been doing since they came into existence...trying to get china...but that didn't work out...so they tried laos...and that didn't work...then thailand...and that still didn't work out...and now the US...lol...tsk tsk tsk...when will they ever learn?...nobody wants them....*sniff sniff*...i'm gonna go have myself a good cry now =)

mai92

sarNie Adult
lol...i didn't point a gun to the "elderly's" head and make them join in on the war so i can have a "good" life...i don't see any injustice happening...all i see are hmong people trying to get to a place where they are not wanted...but then again...i shouldn't be surprised because that's what they've been doing since they came into existence...trying to get china...but that didn't work out...so they tried laos...and that didn't work...then thailand...and that still didn't work out...and now the US...lol...tsk tsk tsk...when will they ever learn?...nobody wants them....*sniff sniff*...i'm gonna go have myself a good cry now =)
I agree with you too..

the_one

sarNie Egg
so if the Hmong are at a place they're not wanted then that means they DON'T want YOU too! cause your Hmong yourself! You should be GLAD that your parents, grandparents have made it this far to give you the life you have today!!

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
Please no use in arguing with anti-hmong or it will turn out to be an flaming thread instead and it wont take us anywhere but a huge argument

Anyways...I think what they are doing is so wrong. Why are we falling into that category? Are we the ones who bombed the Twin Towers? No. Are we the ones who attacked the Pentagon? Didn't think so. Yet we are considered as Terrorists when we assisted the US army when they were fighting in the Vietnam war. What the fuck is up with that? It's totally wrong and unfair to us Hmong people because we have done no wrong. >;C

nekoyuyu

sarNie Egg
It is very sad to see that there are still lots of people like yourself around. I am not saying you are ignorant or anything, it just that you are still living in that limited world, and you are limiting your thinking. Please look at the world not as a Hmong person but as if you are not part of the Hmong community. Do you see anything wrong with the Hmong community? There are many Hmong whom I known through my distance relative that are not willing to get their Green Card or naturalization because they still have hopes of returning to Laos. Yet there are still many of other who already have their naturalization card or Green Card, and still have hopes of one day they can return to Loas once its peaceful. I think those people can have that hope, but its pointless if you look at history. NOBODY IS WILLING TO SURRENDER THEIR COUNTRY FOR ANYONE ELSE. Lets take India for example. I'm pretty sure that you are aware that India and Pakastain was once a united country. Indai fought for their freedom for several years, and finally got free from the control of British with Gandhi's leadership, India is separated into two country not short afterward: Indai for Hindu Indian, and Pakastain for Muslim Indian. Even today these two neighboring country still fought along their boarder. My point is if there is a possible of gaining a country (not that I will think is possible or impossible) but let just imagine that it happen, the country will be split into two just like Indai. It pointless to fight for a country when there are so much opportunity for the Hmong in the States, do limited yourself by thinking if one we have a country...

According to gossip and talks, I am not sure if this is true, but its one of the many gossip that the Vang in my community talks about: General Vang Pao did got the right to get his Green Card and the right to be naturalized but he refuse the opportunity. I remember this because I was many who were not born here in the State, and I become a US citizen back in 1998. The fee was $200 per person or so, and many Hmong were encourage to apply for, there were also programs that help non-english speaker with the whole process. Many of those who were offered help to refuse because they are afraid of the fee, and many still like I say earlier have hope of returning to Loas (very sad people right there).

My comment on the following qoute:

This weekend, Hmong veterans from across the United States met in Fresno, hoping to make the path to citizenship easier for Hmong veteran refugees.
--What are they talking about? Making the path to citizenship easier? It is already easy enough. Okay look, all one have to do is memorize about 32 questions and answers about the US history (plus there is a hmong version in type and audio). Many of the questions are one or two word answers, like: who is the first president? Name the year that US gain Indenpendent? Why does American celebrate the fourth of July? Questions like these, if anyone even uneducated person, just listen to them at least two question a day and have it memorize they can master all 32 questions. What more does Hmong people wants? Do Hmong want special treatments? I understand about Hmong's loyaltie to the US government, but one can not cut a short cut that is already short enough (ever saw the hyperbolic curve in Math class? y=1/x.)

Hue Vang, Hmong leader says, "We need our newcomers to at least have the chance to live as legal residents."--- What in the world, according to my knowledge all the newcomer to my town already got their GREEN CARD. Okay so my town is a bit small, our budget for the town itself isn't enough. But SOMEONE still manage to accomplish SOMETHING by getting newcomer their GREEN CARD, SSN, and Walfare (many of those who help out with the process volunteered their time and gas to help out). HELLO FRESNO, AND THE GUY WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT HAVING THE CHANCE TO LIVE AS LEGAL RESIDENTS. NOTICE WHAT IS WRONG? FRESNO ONE OF THE LARGER POPULATED HMONG CITY IN THE UNITED OF STATE SHOULD HAVE plenty OF GOVERNMENTAL AIDS. SOMEONE IS NOT DOING THEIR JOB. HAHAHHEHE!

Cecilia:::Girl according to your comment, I have to assumed that you do not know what you are talking about or yet, you are taking side with minimum information. Do your research before you post something so radical and forces other to side you. I don't like the idea of people generalizing using part of a fact or even worst false information. If I am wrong, what position does your father participate; this information will help me to analysis this situation. So is he part of the California State government office, or your county government or yet just part of the town council or is he part of the Fresno Hmong Community office, Hmong National Government office (this organization is one which I consider self-claim and self nominate also know as "Hmong 18 last name" something like that), or clan leader?

One more thing, everyone who live in the UNITED OF STATE is once immigrant, refugee are not consider immigrants because they are force out of their homeland. If you don't believe me look up immigrant and look up refugee, they are two different definition. I consider my self as Hmong American not Hmong by itself. One thing for you out there to know, if you live in the United of state and have a SSN you are an AMERICAN.

THERE IS NO REAL DEFINITION OF AMERICAN BECAUSE ITS A COLLECTION OF POEPLE.

not sure if anyone see this yet..but the situations from listening to this is sorta akward..hard for me to judge and pick side..but i do understand that because of the PATRIOT ACT..some of the elder ppl dont' have their citizenship yet. I'm not into politics but my dad is and he serve in the war also. Hearing things like this upset me even more. I can't believe that they're denying us legal right to live and stay here. We fought for them. It's them that guarantee us this safety and now theyr'e turning their back to us all because of this PATRIOT ACT. Who's the real hypocrite now? This is very upsetting, but like one of the elder said 'I'M PROUD TO BE HMONG' and will fight this all the way if i have too. Terrorist or no terrorist, we're loyal ppl. Our own fault was that we got fool by such hypo ppl like them. I hope i'm not consider a terrorist by making this remark because this is upsetting if you're in my shoe.

02/18/2007 - The USA Patriot Act has classified many Hmong residents as terrorists, even though the only fighting they've ever done was for the US.
Related Links

* VIDEO: Patriot Act Classifies Hmong as Terrorists (Windows Media)
* Talk About This Story
* Watch Action News On Demand
* Watch ABC Primetime Online

This monument thanks the Hmong veterans for their service during the Vietnam War. But because of their participation, they're now being labeled terrorists, even though they were United States allies.

They fought as allies to the Americans during the Vietnam War. But now, they have a label they say they do not deserve and that label keeps them from obtaining greencards.

General Vang Pao, "We are loyal to the US government. Why would they be labeling as terrorists? Or falling under the category of terrorists?"

Va Ger Vang, Hmong veteran, says, "That's what they label us, but I served the Americans until 75. And to the present day, I remain loyal to this country."

Va Ger Vang and Noa Pao her now live in Fresno with their families. But, still have no greencards.

It 's a problem many Hmong veterans are having because of the definition of terrorist in the Patriot Act. The Hmong are considered terrorists because they were guerrilla soldiers even though they fought on the same side as American troops.

Hue Vang, Hmong leader says, "We need our newcomers to at least have the chance to live as legal residents."

Even with the label, these Hmong veterans say they're proud of their service to the United States.

Nao Pao says, "Despite what they said I will continue my loyalty and my support to this country."

The Hmong leaders say they're also hoping to create awareness of the problems the Hmong are going through in Laos. They say people are dying, being persecuted for their collaboration with American troops.

Copyright KFSN-TV, www.abc30.com, and myabc30.com. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without explicit written permission.
Credit: Amanda Perez ll http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=...&id=5043637 <--there's a vdo clip of this news in this site.

watch it and judge it for yourself ..okie ..here's the shortcut to the VDO : HMONG TERRORIST

sweetrainee

sarNie Egg
WOW---i find that there are some Hmongs who dont have pride in themeselves....and i adore others who do. I feel sorry for those who are Hmong but cannot admit that they are just because there are bad judgements towards their own community. They have no courage to defend themselves and their community.

I agree--no point arguing with Anti-Hmong---she'he should feel ashame because she/he doesnt have the courage to say that they are hmong----so sad they cannot even consider being of the hmong nationality. what a pity. It's ppls like that that makes the rest of us look bad--no offense to Anti-hmong.