Path of Love

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi sovatana i love it sm, ur story is great its three years later! I cant wait to find out who the potential employer is but can guess! im looking forward vm to read further love PoL vm! with appreciation, key.

Sovatana

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 5

Yaya was walking toward a copy machine when she heard a voice calling her name.
"Yaya!" called up a familiar voice, it was her old friend from university, Preem. She walked up to Yaya with a big smile and gave her a squeeze.
"What are you doing here?" asked Yaya in surprise.
"I've come to look for a decorator for my wedding and to see you!" replied Preem.
"Wait...did you say your wedding? You're getting married? With who?" asked Yaya.
"Let's find a place to talk! It's your lunch break, isn't it? Let's go for lunch together!" said Preem.
"I guess so..." said Yaya. Then Preem dragged Yaya into a cafe near the company.

"Now can you answer my questions now, Preem?" said Yaya, in urgent.
"Alright...I'm getting married next week!" said Preem.
"Really? With who?" asked Yaya.
"Grate! You might not know him but I'll introduce him to you later," replied Preem, "The good news is I requested my decorator to be you and I got it!"
"What? You're not kidding, right?" said Yaya.
"Do I look like I am?" said Preem.
"But how do you know that I work here?" asked Yaya.
"That's the advantage of having a husband-to-be whose friend works here too," replied Preem.
Yaya smiled. "Anyway, I'm happy to hear that you're getting married."
"How about you?" asked Preem.
"Me what?" said Yaya.
"Aren't you seeing anyone yet? Aren't you planning to get married too?" asked Preem.
Yaya looked the other way. "No!! I wanna focus only on my career! No time for that!"
"You said that again? When we were still at the university, you said you wanna to focus on your study and now on your career! Do you wanna be single forever or what?" grumbled Preem.
"If that's possible, I'll to choose to be single. I don't seem to need anyone rather than my friends and family," she replied.
"But it's...better to have someone beside you all the time," said Preem, "when you are cold, he'd wrap his arms around you and keep you warm. When you wanna cry, he has a shoulder for you to lean on. A person who you can share either happiness or sadness with. A person who is willing to hold your hand for his whole life," she paused for a short while and smiled as she remembered her time with Grate, when they were on a vacation together. She remembered when he wiped her tear from her cheek and comforted her with his embrace. "Wouldn't that add another meaning to your life?"
"Seems like you're the happiest girl in the world already," said Yaya with a wide smile at Preem. Preem smiled back shyly.
"You'll understand when you meet the one," said Preem.
"Ok! ok! So...where are you going to set up your wedding?" asked Yaya.
"Well, Grate and I have already bought a house in Pattaya..." replied Preem, "we want to keep it as our holiday house. So...we'll set up our wedding there. Just a small one actually."
"Seems very romantic..." said Yaya. "You're making me jealous."
"Find one then," joked Preem. And they both laughed and talked for the whole hour before Yaya went back to work.
---------------------------------------------
Two days away until Preem's wedding. Preem already brought Yaya to her house at Pattaya, and she was gonna stay there until the wedding ended. After giving a whole tour around her house, Preem led Yaya to the terrace which was in front of her house.
"Well....how do you like my house?" asked Preem, stretching her arms out excitedly while Yaya was sitting down for some rest. She was quite tired, the tour took like 20mins cuz sometimes Preem kept showing her the same rooms for several times.
"Very nice house, I must admit. You two are very sharp-sighted," said Yaya.
"Grate is sharp-sighted. He was the one who decided on buying this house. I am only following," said Preem.
"Speaking about him, where is he?" asked Yaya.
Preem looked out at the beach. "Oh, there he is!" Yaya turned and saw a man. He put one hand in the pocket, looking manly and handsome. Not more than 2mins, he reached and joined them. He put his another arm around Preem's shoulder, turned and smiled at Yaya.
"Hi! Nice to meet you, Khun Urassaya," said Grate. He held out his hand to Yaya and she accepted the handshake.
"Nice to meet you too. You can just call me Yaya." she replied.
"Ok! Preem has told me so much about you," said Grate, smiling widely.
"Hope it was all the good things," joked Yaya.
"Of course, it was!" said Preem, poking Yaya's shoulder.
"I'm so glad to be it," said Yaya, walking closer to Preem and took her hand, "And I'm glad that you finally find your happiness in the right one you love."
"Thanks, bestie," said Preem, giving Yaya a hug.
"Now, that's friendship!" said Grate, smiling at how close they are.
"Is he here yet?" asked Preem, urgently remembered something.
"Who?" said Grate.
"The special guest you told me remember? Now that mine is already here so where's yours?" said Preem.
"Oh! He should be here by now...if I'm not mistaking, he said he gonna be here by 12," replied Grate, looking the watch on his wrist." Not longer than 5mins, a car drove in. "See? There he is!" The car stopped. Preem and also Yaya were impatient to see who he is. The car door opened. Yaya was astonished. Had she picked up a bad luck charm? The familiar face of a man that Yaya would never want to see again got out. It was Nadech! Dressed in a simple suit but never crossed out his handsomeness, he walked toward them..
"Hi! Hope I'm not late," said Nadech, then he started to notice Yaya was there too and was frowning at him.
"What are you doing here?" they shouted. Yaya turned away and crossed her arms. Nadech did almost the same thing. He turned the other way and frowned. Preem and Grate stared at them then at each other. Had they been planning the right things?

Hard feeling were still going on between Yaya and Nadech. They didn't talk or even looked at each other. Preem and Grate decided to do something, maybe talked to them. They led Yaya and Nadech to their room.
"You're staying in this house tonight," said Preem, "But not only tonight, it's until our wedding end."
"Don't worry, there'll surely a room for you two," added Grate.
"What do you mean by 'a room'?" asked Yaya, intensely.
"What were you thinking?" said Preem, "We're not putting you two in one room."
Yaya rolled her eyes, a bit relieve. Preem took Yaya's hand and dragged her upstairs, a part of her plan with Grate to leave Nadech with him to they could take and she and Yaya could talk as well.
"Here it is!" said Preem, opening the door to Yaya's room.
"Wow!" said Yaya surprisedly, the room was perfectly decorated. Yaya dropped herself on the bed. "I feel like a princess in a palace!"
"Wow, really?" said Preem, pretended not to be so happy.
"What do you mean?" asked Yaya, getting up and looking at Preem.
She sighed. "May I ask you one question?" Preem said.
"Sure..." replied Yaya, not feeling so right.
"What's wrong with you and Nadech?" asked Preem.
---
Grate downstairs was asking the same question to Nadech. "What's wrong with you and Yaya?"
"Long story that I never want to talk about again!" replied Nadech, kinda annoyed by the question.
"Well, it's your problem but listen up!" said Grate, looking seriously at Nadech but he turned the other way, "My wedding is in 2 days! I'll tell you what, you gonna have to help Yaya prepare for it so..." he was interrupted by a sudden shout.
"No no no! Why me? Why don't you do it?" objected Nadech.
"I will, but I'm with my bride-to-be. And you gonna be with Yaya," said Grate. Nadech looked so frustrated and was speechless.
---
"Please Yaya, do it for your bestie," pleaded Preem while Yaya's feeling was mixed up, "I will not involve in your personal matter with Nadech but just please help me out."
"Not that I don't want to, I mean you hired me, I'll work for you anyway, I don't need any help. Just...cancel what you've planned, ok?" said Yaya.
"One thing, why don't you two just make up together already?" said Preem.
"NEVER!" said Yaya.
---
"Hell No!" shouted Nadech, bursted in anger, "I'm going back to Bangkok!" He turned and walked a step away.
"If you take another step out of this house, you're not my friend anymore!" shouted Grate, sounded very serious, Nadech paused and stood still. He turned around, "Alright, I'm staying but there will be no way...!"
Grate sighed, he didn't know what to say anymore, he knew that this Nadech can't be persuaded.
"I'll still help you with the preparation, don't worry but for one thing! I'm not working with or helping that girl, understand?" said Nadech, urgently even if he tried to slow down his anger, Grate knew he had no choice, he threw his head up. "Great!" said Nadech, "Take me to my room, I want some rest," Grate said nothing, he walked upstairs, Nadech sighed, picked up his suitcase and followed.
---
"Alright! Enough, that's that!" said Yaya, getting up and dragging Preem out of the door.
"But..." Preem couldn't win over Yaya neither. She stood opposite and stared at her. But Yaya pretended to ignore. "Good Night na, I need to go to bed early, for tomorrow I have to work a lot!" She closed the door, turned her back against the door. Could these days get any worse? She had to meet a face she hated. It was like everything was washed away but seeing his face again made it worse!

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi sovatana thank you love PoL vm. After the years apart the anger, hurt is still in yadech. Will be so interesting how yadech will work towards their friends wedding, certain things cant be avoided. i look forward next but take your time sovatana, with appreciation and ♥, key

MrsChum

sarNie Adult
Thank you Sovatana for the update!! So far it's getting pretty good...pls update soon.

Songkran or Khmer New Yr is coming up soon! Hope you have a blast! Be safe and don't eat too much of those yummy food.

Sovatana

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 6

Tension started. Yaya woke up in the morning. She bumped into Nadech in front of her room. A bad luck at the very early time of the morning? Her silly first thought was to find a horse shoe! They stared with hate.
"Why is he in front of my room?" thought Yaya.
"What is she doing near my room?" thought Nadech. They both didn't know that their rooms were next to each other. Yaya turned around first and intended to walk away. She hated him too much to even speak to him! Nadech stared after. "Feisty!" And he walked to the washroom.
---
"Alright, let's start" said Yaya as she arrived and joined Preem and Grate outside in front of the house.
"Not yet" told Preem, "Khun Nadech isn't here yet so we have to wait"
"Always tardy!" said Yaya, silently to herself, "Does he ever change?"
"What did you say?" questioned Preem, she heard it but not that clear.
"Blao, Mai Mee Alai!" answered Yaya, quickly, "Talking to the wind!"
---
Later, Nadech joined them. Like the same, Nadech & Yaya didn't talk or quarreled with each other. Instead, they avoided each other. But somehow, they took glances at each other secretly. They didn't know why they did it though.
At Noon, things were almost done with the preparation. Preem showed her best skilled of making some energy snack for everyone. With her large tray of glasses of orange juice and some delicious cake, she went and shared them to Yaya who was making some arrangement of the white luxurious sofas, and Nadech who was setting up the table.
"Drinks or snacks anyone?" called Preem which drew the two's attention. They leaned out their hands for the drink but both hands were on the same glass. Yaya's hand was under Nadech's. They looked with puzzled eyes toward one another. Preem looked at them with amazement. She knew there were something interesting more in these two. Nadech & Yaya both took their hands off quickly when they realized Preem were staring at them. Yaya moved her hand for the cake instead but history repeated! Preem became more amazed.
"Look at you two! Jai Trong Kan Mak!" alerted Preem, widely smiling at them.
"I think I'd better get back to work," excused Yaya. She was really wishing for a pillow to cover her face right now!
"I leave something undone, gotta finish it," said Nadech. He was wishing to cover his face to but please with the empty box instead.
"Hey, won't you have something to eat?" asked Preem with a teasing smile. She walked over to Grate who was pulling a curtain.
"It shouldn't be," said Preem.
"What shouldn't be?" questioned Grate.
"Those two!" answered Preem, throwing her eyes at Nadech & Yaya who was pretending to work with something while everything was already done, it was just to avoid each other. "They should rather be a soulmate more than enemies" continued Preem.
"It's their matter. You shouldn't meddle," said Grate while he was finishing his work.
"Why shouldn't I meddle? Yaya's my friend," said Preem. "Khun Nadech's your friend too. Don't you think we should get these two together?" She paused and observed them. "The more I look, the more I see them as a super lovely couple, like us!"
"All done!" said Grate, rubbing his hands together, "the curtain looked perfectly fit!"
"Grate! Are you even listening to me?" Preem shouted.
"Yes, dear! How dare I not listening to your words!" said Grate.
"You're always like this!" said Preem, rather annoyed. "About Yaya and Khun Nadech-"
"This two end up together??" interrupted Grate, "It can't happen, even in a dream!"
"How could you know?" argued Preem.
"Look! Just from the first time they met each other here, they were like-enemies from their last life-" said Grate.
"How much the hate, that much the love," said Preem, giving a smile but Grate wiped it off. "No, it's not gonna happen. You better stop dreaming about it!"
"You wanna bet?" said Preem.
"For what?" asked Grate.
"If Yaya and Khun Nadech really end up together, it means I win and you lose. You have to do whatever I say for the rest of your life!" explained Preem.
"What if they don't and you lose?" asked Grate.
"I will do whatever you say for...3 months." answered Preem.
"So Unfair!" murmured Grate.
"So?" asked Preem.
"Better not because I know I'm going to win," said Grate. This guy always trusted his own opinion.
"Why are you so sure? You'll never know what the future holds. Or are you afraid to lose?" teased Preem.
"Ok! Deal!" said Grate, "Just be prepared to do what I say, my wife-to-be,"
"It's not yet the time na ka so please do not be too hurry to say who wins, who loses, Khun Husband-to-be!" said Preem with a smirk. Grate returned a smile.
---
By the evening, they all sat by a table and had a party dinner.
"Thank you so much for today!" Preem stated with excitement. "We couldn't have done it without you two!" Grate smiled, agreed to his wife-to-be's words.
"No problem-" said both Yaya & Nadech at the same time. They looked at each other in surprise and annoy.
"No problem. I'm eager to help," Yaya took the turn to say it first.
"I assure that I'm more eager to help," said Nadech, kinda getting on someone's nerves, "I'd love to see my friend has the perfect wedding." But Yaya somehow bottled this up. She didn't want to pick a fight because of his slightly annoying attitude. It was best they didn't speak to one another.
Nadech pretended not to look at Yaya but he was actually waiting for her to talk back.
"I wish you two the best wishes in the world for your wedding tomorrow," said Yaya with a big smile at Preem and Grate and they returned their sweet smiles.
"I'll thank you tomorrow," joked Preem, and they all laughed. Well...except Nadech. He was amused at once. Why didn't Yaya talk back at him? This wasn't like her! Something urged him to be annoyed, and he didn't know what it was or why he had to feel like this!
He held up his wine and drank it up. Everybody was surprisedly looking at him.
"Nadech, are you thirsty?" asked Grate, "Want some more? How about some water instead?"
"No, thanks," said Nadech, "May I excuse myself to my room? I think I'm tired."
"Alright!" replied Grate. And Nadech was out of sight a few seconds later. Thanks God, he left! Yaya was wanting to say this but by some reasons she couldn't. And they continued dining until 8 o'clock at night while Nadech stayed in his room. He tried but he couldn't sleep. Finally, he sat up straight on his bed. "I know you expect me to care! But guess what? I don't!" These words came exactly from his one-side-thoughts.

Thank You For Reading :D

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi sovatana thank you for this update i really love PoL. yadech hate so much but underneath theres alot of attraction and curiosity for each other. i love to discover how they'll break the ice and get along with you, with appreciation, key

Sovatana

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 7

Wedding Day!

Sat by an opened window, was Yaya. It was 
3pm in the afternoon. Dressed in her casual outfits which was jeans and T-shirts, she looked out to the view of the sea, smiling from ear to ear.
"You've got to live here after you're married?" Yaya asked, eyes still on the sea.
"Mm-hmm" standing in front of the mirror was Preem, "I did tell you, didn't I?"
"Nice!" said Yaya. "I envy you," She turned to see that Preem was now spinning herself around in front of a big mirror in her little shiny wedding dress which was an inch above the knees.
"You can move here if you like," said Preem, eyes fixed on her-gorgeous-self in the mirror.
"No thanks. I don't like being a meddler," a little chuckle.
"Then find a guy who owns a beach house or a resort maybe."
"Alright, enough of that!"
"How do I look?" asked Preem, turning away from the mirror and to Yaya.
"Beautiful!" said Yaya.
---
After Preem had her updo done, Yaya helped her put on a veil which took her beauty to another level. Yaya, then, was given half an hour to get ready. Kanya, the bridesmaid, swung the door opened and told them that it was time.

------------------------------------

"Ready?" asked Grate to Nadech who was comfortably putting on his tied.
"Almost! Don't you see?" Nadech said with a playful smirk.
"Just asking," replied Grate, "And Nadech?"
"What?"
"How are you and Kim now?"
He hesitated a little before sadly replied, "I don't know where she is!"
"Listen, dude! I'm telling you this because I'm your friend," said Grate with his hand on Nadech's shoulder, "Do you really think she will come back? I mean she left you that heartlessly. If she loved you, she wouldn't do that."
"Shut up!" Nadech's voice went louder as his anger level.
But Grate didn't give up. "No, Nadech! I don't want to see you wasting your life waiting for a girl who never even thought of loving you or-"
"I SAID SHUT UP!" He yelled before realizing that he was grabbing Grate by the collar and was about to hit him in the face. He, then, managed to let go instantly. "I'm sorry. But it was your fault too. If you dare to talk like that about Kim again, I'm gonna punch you for real."
"No one knows her well enough, probably not even you," a little sigh, "I don't want  feel regret later for not warning you. Take it or not, I've done what I had to." Nadech turned his back as Grate left the room.

-----------------------------------

Preem came out of her room to Grate who was waiting outside.
"Where's Khun Nadech?" she questioned.
"Still in the room or somewhere else, I don't know," Grate simply answered. Preem just smiled accepting his answer without any more curiosities.
"My bride is so beautiful today," praised Grate.
"Thank you!" She put her arm locked with Grate as they proudly walked down the stairs.
They exchanged sweet stares and smiles when walking on the red carpets between the guests who was clapping and cheering till they reached the stage. Grate gave his bride a last smile before they exchanged the rings. They kissed at last. Yaya stood staring, clapping and admiring the newlyweds. The rest of the guests did exactly the same thing. Suddenly her eyes spotted Nadech. She watched as he disappeared into the crowd. She was out of controls of her legs and took a few paces after him before realizing herself.
"What AM I doing?" she stopped herself from moving any further.
"Yaya-" called Preem. Yaya turned around and see that Preem was now walking towards to her. Her mouth formed into a big smile.
"Thank you na Yaya!" she hugged Yaya then held her hands.
"You're always welcome!" replied Yaya, "besides, you're paying me for that!"
"It is worth to spend on," said Preem.
"Where's Khun Grate?" questioned Yaya, just to keep herself from thinking about what she'd been avoiding.
"With his friends. They meet and talk and I just can't stand there listening to the stuffs they're talking about, you know, men's stories," answered Preem.
"You should start to get used to that, now that you're his wife," teased Yaya.
"I sure will but just not today yet," replied Preem, "Come on, let's go eat something-"
"Preem!" called Grate, walking up to her and took her hand. "Aunt and uncle are here!"
"Sorry I have to go na Yaya," said Preem, "You can go ahead without me, ok?"
"Fine!" Yaya nodded with a little smile.
---
Some hours passed. Yaya spent most of the time sitting quietly and let thoughts crossed her mind. Most of them were about Nadech even how many times she tried to block him away from her head.
"I hate you!" But she felt the opposite of what she said.
---
"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!" greeted the host who was standing handsomely on the stage with the microphone in his hand. "Firstly, I would like to congratulate to our lovely bride and groom this evening!" The guests, including Yaya, applauded. "Now it's time for a little fun," continued the host, "Let's play this game, specially invented by our lovely bride and groom called 'Find your Soulmate'. Does it sound interesting?" most of the guests cheered. The host went on telling everyone the instructions.
---
"Yaya, come on!" Preem suddenly dragged Yaya who was sitting absent-minded from her chair which almost made her fell over. But a man quickly reached out with his hands around her waist to keep her body upward. She turned around to see who it was and was shocked to see that - it was Nadech! They eyes fixed at one another and finally Yaya got herself released.
"So SORRY!" apologized Preem, holding Yaya by one side and pretending not to freak out about what just happened, "How clumsy I am!"
"N-nevermind!" Yaya said as she tried to avoid Nadech's eye contacts.
"Thank you for helping Yaya na Khun Nadech!" thanked Preem, "I would feel so bad if I caused her any injuries!"
Nadech just nodded with the smallest smile and turned around intended to walk back to where he was before.
"Hold on, don't go yet!" Preem stopped him. "Since you're here, would you care to play a game, our invented game." said Preem. Just when he wanted to say no, Preem interrupted. "It's gonna be fun, trust me!"
"I'm sorry but I'm not in the mood for that!" He refused anyway and walked over to a terrace, the most quiet one. Preem watched him with little disappointment and then turned to Yaya.
"Yaya-" Preem whined.
"Don't ask! You know, I'm not playing!" Yaya quickly refused.
"Predictable!" murmured Preem but enough for Yaya to hear, "You wouldn't play without Khun Nadech."
"Wait what?"
"What? I saw how you guys were so close! He had his hands on YOUR waist!"
Yaya rolled her eyes. "It was an accident!"
"He tried to save you, not letting you fall. That shows he cares for you, in a special way!"
"No, he does not!"
"Yes, he does! It was a close call but he managed to grab you tight. He wouldn't do that if you were nobody to him! He must be watching you all the time."
"I know what you're thinking and I'm telling for the last time, he and I are NOTHING except hate-to-death enemies. Understand or not, I'm not gonna say it again. And don't ever make it a future subject to talk about!"
Preem crossed her arms. "Why are you taking it so serious?"
"Should I apologize then?" Yaya frowned. She always looked scary when she got angry.
"I guess not! Instead, dare you say you don't feel anything for him?" questioned Preem which seemed to be an insult to Yaya.
"I won't forgive him for what he has done to me!" She blurted out, regretting to say that out loud in front of Preem.
Preem rose an eyebrow. She was curious about what Yaya just said but decided it was better not to start another question with Yaya's mad face right now.
"I hate him. Ok?" Yaya calmed her down a little bit before saying another words. "Look, Preem! It's your wedding today. Let's just -"
"Ok! I understand. I'm sorry!" said Preem. "Let's join Grate and the other guests!"
"Umm you go ahead! I don't think I feel well enough right now!" said Yaya, sounding tired.
"You're ok?"
"I'm - I'm fine. Don't worry. I just want to rest."
"I'm sorry-"
"No it's not your fault. It's your wedding. Be blessed." Yaya said with a smile. She gave Preem a hug.
"Thanks, Yaya! And sorry." Preem said when she got released.
"I get it. Remember to be blessed and enjoy your special day."
"I will!" One last smile before she watched Yaya walked away. She, then, walked back to Grate and joined the game.

-----------------------------------

Yaya got to the house. She found herself gotten a bad headache so she searched around the house until she found a medicine box in a counter in the kitchen. She took some pills. But instead of going to bed or taking a nap, Yaya went outside. She felt like she could use some fresh air. She stood at the beach, letting the sea water touched her feet. She felt cold but just comfortable enough. She spent some minutes there. But just when she wanted to leave, her eyes spotted Nadech – by accident – sitting quite distant from where she was. She ignored and kept walking.
“Shouldn’t you say thanks to me?” Nadech shouted to make sure she heard him.
Yaya was pretty sure he meant her. Should she reply? Or just walk away? She picked the second choice.
“You still haven’t changed?” insulted Nadech, not even turned his face to her. “I shouldn’t have helped such a BRAT!”
“THANK YOU” Yaya couldn’t hold her anger any longer. She started storming towards where he was sitting, “Is that enough?!” As she got close enough, she could see bottles of beer next to him. For a minute there, she knew he was drunk. She backed off and started walking towards the house before this guy insulted her again. But just then, she heard a sound and she stopped.
“What was it?” She asked herself. Yaya turned around and saw Nadech’s body lying almost unconsciously on the ground. The fear and worry came together at once. She ran up to him.
“Nadech!” Yaya called, shaking his body. His eyes could barely open and she saw that.
“You know yourself! You can’t stand too much alcohol. So why did you drink that much?” She grumbled then looked around if there was anyone nearby that could help. But there was none. She had no choice but to help him herself "This will be the last time I involve with you," Yaya said as she struggled to get him to stand. She put his arm over her shoulder and tried to carry him onto the house ignoring how much he weights.
“She’s not what you think she is!” whispered Nadech, still unconscious. Yaya ignored what the heck he said. All she wanted now was to get him to his room and finally she made it! She threw him onto his bed and found where she could sit and gasped for a little air. She looked at Nadech.
“Let’s just leave you like this!” She told herself. “At least I have the mercy not to leave you outside.” She rose to her feet and walked herself to the door. But she then heard Nadech got out of the bed. Yaya turned around and he was already there in front of her. Before she could say something, Nadech already had his arms wrapped around her.
“What are you doing?” She struggled to get released.
“Please don’t leave me again...”

*Sorry if it's kinda confusing and   :thanks: you for reading 

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Sovatana

I miss you ! Its very nice to have you back and with this update thank you sweetie !

Preem is a nice friend watching out for her, Grate too for him. The difference Grate faces reality while Preem still believes they're lost soulmates. They're a very sweet couple.

Still hating each other, guess its got to do with pride, hurt and anger. Feel sorry for Yaya she is the most hurt party with Nadech still pining for Kim after all these years. She still has feelings for Nadech but masked it. In his drunken stupor if he took advantage of Yaya cant forgive him if he thought to release his sorrow through Yaya thinking was Kim ! No one can ever. What will snap him out of this ?

I love your PoL Sovatana. I want to know what happens next. Thank you for an interesting story, look forward to read further. With appreciation, key

Sovatana

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 8

“What the hell are you doing? Let go of me!” She started kicking his legs but that didn’t seem to help anything.
“No I’m not slipping you again. I need you! I can’t live without you anymore.” Nadech pleaded and started pouring his tears. His words got Yaya frozen and all confused. “Did he really mean it?” she questioned herself and tried to think it wasn’t true what he had said. “Nadech, you’re drunk. Let go of me already!”
“NO! I love you.” said Nadech, embracing her tighter. He placed his lips on hers. “Kim! Please come back to me. I need you. I really need you!” 
Then she realized. The sudden pain gave her strength to finally push him off her. She reached for the door but didn’t have the chance to pull it opened as Nadech dragged her into his arms again.
“I’m not losing you again. The pain is too much to bear. Please stay – with me ok? Just please!”
“I am not that girl. Just let me go!” She bit his arm. But he still didn’t let go.
“Don’t leave me, Kim. You can kick me, bite me or beat me to death but please don’t leave me!”
“You’re drunk! I’m not Kim. I’m Ya-“He pushed her against the bed with him on top of her.
“I love you, Kim!” his voice turned to a whisper. “I’m yours and you’re mine.”
“This is CRAZY enough. WAKE UP, Nadech!” she successfully pushed him to the side which made him fell down to the floor. She rushed her way for the door. But Nadech was quicker and pulled her back again.
“I won’t let you leave me again, Kim,” 
“This is stupid. LET ME GO!” With her strong fists, she hit his arms that were wrapped around her body. “For the 3rd time, I AM NOT KIM!”
“I know it’s you!” Her hit only made him stronger. He turned her around. Yaya looked up at up and saw his eyes were closed but tears were rolling down.
“N-nadech?” she called as he went silent. He, then, pulled her closer and kissed her again. This time the kiss was stronger and emotional. She pushed him off and slapped him but she got the same result, she was pulled back. She knew she was not as strong as him, but she fought physically and mentally. She was brought to his lips again.
“Let me go,” she whispered, her tears came out of nowhere down her cheek. At this moment, she realized she couldn’t fight anymore.
“Let me go... I hate you...”

------------------------------------------

Sat miserably in the bathroom, drowning in her own tears, was Yaya. Her back was against the wall and she laid her head on her knees, sobbing. The shower was on and the water raced down through her body but she didn’t feel cold – at all.
“No no no NO!” she shouted. She tried so hard to forget what happened but it was never easy. After a moment of silent, Yaya heard a knock and a call at her door.
“Yaya!” Preem called. Yaya quickly turned off the shower and kept as quiet as she could.
“She’s probably asleep by now, Preem,” said Grate who was standing behind her, “Don’t bother her.” 
“I just want to check on her. I think I made her angry,” said Preem, still hoping the door would be opened.
“She’s not angry at you, Preem,” said Grate, arms around Preem’s shoulder. 
“I hope so,” said Preem, quite sadly.
“Come on. Let’s go to sleep. I know you’re already tired. So am I,” said Grate.
“OK,” And they walked over to their bedroom which was just across Yaya’s.

--------------------------------------------

It was 6 am in the morning. Margie and her sister Marie were out grocery shopping.
“What do we need?” asked Margie.
“Let’s see here,” Marie took a list and read it out to her sister.
---
By 7:30, they finished shopping and were on their way to their parked car. Their hands were full of bags and boxes. Margie offered to give Marie a hand with her stuffs despite how many of them she’d already carried. 
Marie was adopted by the Balenciaga family when she was 10 years old since Margie’s parents acknowledged how much Margie wanted a sister. But because Margie’s mother lacked the ability of having another child due to having cancer, they decided to adopt. After her parents passed away, Marie was the only family she’d got.
“I’m okay, P’Gie,” said Marie. “You’re carrying too much already. I can handle mine.”
“Give them to me!” Margie ordered. She snatched half of Marie’s stuffs into her arms.
“You’re always like that!” Marie frowned, staring at Margie who was acting like she was all okay.
“Like what?” said Margie, chuckling, “Come on, and let’s go.” She turned around and continued walking.
“Bossy,” said Marie, “That’s what you are like,” 
Suddenly Marie dropped everything on the ground and ran up to the middle of the road. She pushed the little boy - who was playing with his kite and having no idea what could have happened to him - to the side of the road while she alone remained still and paralyzed in the middle of the road, staring at the car that was coming closer and closer. Two inches away from her knees, the car stopped and she – fainted.
“Marie!” Margie shouted and quickly ran up to her. The guilty driver came out immediately.
“I’m SO sorry!” said the man, unsure of what he had to do at first, “I-Is she alright?”
“Does she look like she is?!” shouted Margie, “Marie. Please be ok!”
“Let’s get her to the hospital,” without waiting for Margie’s answer, the man carried Marie into the car.
“Hey you-“
“Come on. Get in the car.” yelled the man. Margie did what he said. She only cared about Marie for now.

------------------------------------------

Sunlight shone into Nadech’s room by the opened window and woke him up. He sat up on the bed, feeling the ache in his head and his hand. He took a closer look at it.
“What bit me?” he asked himself and tried to recalled what happened last night. “Ya – Yaya!”
He got up quickly and ran to Yaya’s room and banged at the door.
“Yaya!” he called, banging the door. “If you’re in there, please open the door.” He found the door was not locked and let himself in. “Yaya!” But there was no sight of her in the room.
---
“Grate?” Preem called to him. They both were in their room
“Yes, honey,” 
“About the deal we’ve had...,”
“What about it?”
“I think-“
“Preem, you have a new message!” Grate interrupted, handing Preem her phone.
“It’s from Yaya,” said Preem, reading the message in her phone. “She’s gone!”
“What? When and why did she leave so early in the morning?” questioned Grate.
“She said in here that she had an urgent business to do,” said Preem, “She didn’t want to bother us so she just left.”
“Grate. Khun Preem.” Nadech called, banging at their door.
Grate went to open the door for him. “What is it?”
“Where’s Yaya?” questioned Nadech, looking very anxiety. Preem followed and stood beside Grate, observing Nadech.
“I’ve just seen her message said she’s gone.” said Preem.
“Gone? Damn!” With that, he rushed back to his room to pack his belongings. Grate and Preem followed.
“What are you doing?” questioned Grate.
“I’m going,” answered Nadech.
“Going? Yaya’s gone. And you are going too?” Grate said, looking upset. “You’re kidding me.”
“I’m sorry but I have an urgent business to do.” Nadech picked up his suitcase. “I have to go.”
“Same excuses!” said Grate.
“We’ll send you to the airport,” suggested Preem.
“No, it’s alright. It’s supposed to be your honeymoon, isn’t it? Just enjoy your special time.” said Nadech. “Best wishes to you two. Good bye.”
“Yeah, bye.” said Preem. She and Grate watched as Nadech left.
Grate let out a big sigh then went to his room. Preem followed him and secretly smiled to herself.
“And you were about to say something, weren’t you?” Grate asked his wife.
“I was?” 
“You were gonna say something about the deal we’ve had.”
“Oh yes. I was gonna say that I’ll win,” She laughed proudly. Grate stared at her then just chuckled.

-------------------------------------------

“I am REALLY going to kill you for this,” scolded Margie at the man. They were outside of a hospital room waiting for Marie.
“I apologize for my carelessness,” said the man, calmly. 
“That easy?” Margie frowned. “You think you can just drive around, hit people and say sorry. And you’ll be magically forgiven.”
“P’Gie,” Marie was sitting on a wheelchair with a nurse’s help wheeling her towards her sister. “It was an accident. No one wanted that to happen.”
“Are you alright?” The man asked, looking concerned.
“Does that look ‘alright’ to you?” Margie pointed to her sister’s right forehead, the part which was bandaged.
“P’Gie!” whined Marie, frowning at her sister. “I’m alright, Mister.”
“Ms. Nurse! Does she has to stay at hospital?” asked Margie. 
“No, it’s not necessary. She can go home immediately,” answered the nurse.
“Thank you,” said Margie. 
“I’ll pay the hospital bill. It’s my responsibility,” said the man. 
“Wait. You don’t have to. We can take care of it,” said Marie, getting up from the wheelchair with the help of the nurse and Margie. 
“Please let me. I really feel bad for what I’ve done,” said the man.
Marie sighed then nodded. “Okay.” The man smiled in relief. Then he went down to pay the hospital bill.
“Come on. Let’s go,” Margie said to her sister. 
“But...,” refused Marie, touching her sister by the arm. “Shouldn’t we wait for him to come back?” 
“Why wait? Let’s go,” With that, Margie dragged her sister slowly due to her condition. They headed outside the hospital and called a taxi.
“Wait!” A voice called both of them to stop. “Let me be the one who send you home, ok?” 
“No way! We can go by ourselves,” refused Margie, reaching for the taxi door to open it.
“Please,” convinced the man, “I really feel bad. Let it be my responsibility to take care of you two.”
“Take care?” said Margie, anger burst out. “First, we don’t know you. Second, we don’t trust you. And last, we don’t know if you would drive and clumsily hit another person. You would get us in trouble with you.”
“Listen, Miss,” said the man, “First, my name is Boy. Second, I am not a bad guy. I am a gentleman and I will never do anything to hurt you. Last, that’s not going to happen again. I promise.”
Margie avoided his sincere eye contact, not wanting to believe his words.
“I believe you, Khun Boy,” Then Marie bent down at opened taxi window. “Sorry. We don’t need the taxi anymore.” The taxi driver drove off.
“What are you doing, Marie?” asked Margie, kinda annoyed.
“Getting a free ride,” replied Marie with a teasing smile. “Come on P’Gie.”
“Marie?” Margie frowned. “We need to go get our car.”
“Then let me drop you off at where you parked your car,” suggested Boy. Marie looked at her sister. Her eyes were pleading for Margie to say yes.
Margie rolled her eyes but couldn’t ignore her sister’s wish. “Fine! If that’s what you want.” The gentleman opened the front seat door for Marie and the back seat for Margie. He got in the car and drove to their destination.
“My name’s Marie,” Marie told Boy. “My sister’s Margie.”
---
“It’s nice to meet you, Khun Boy,” said Marie. She and Boy were saying goodbye when Margie was already out to fetch her car. She didn’t feel right about leaving her sister with Boy any longer but she dared not to depress Marie.
“It’s nice to meet you too. Both of you.” said Boy with a smile. “But I hope we could have met in a better situation.”
They could hear the honks from Margie’s car which was waiting for Marie.
“What’s taking her so long?” complained Margie, looking very impatient.

“Your sister’s calling you.” said Boy.
“Sorry about her. She’s just worried about me,” said Marie.
“I understand.” said Boy. They smiled at one another.
“Marie!” Margie yelled from her car window.
“I have to go,” said Marie. 
“I’ll see you later. Hopefully.” said Boy.
Marie smiled. “Broenner’s Café & Bakery,” she gave him the address. “Pay a visit if you’d like,” Another smile to him before getting in Margie’s car.
He watched as the car went out of sight. “Margie.” He chuckled. 
---
The car ride was unusually quiet which was ‘strange’ to Marie. One thing she noticed was the frown on her sister’s face. Margie had never been this quiet before, especially around her. However, Marie preferred to just keep silent through the whole ride.

-------------------------------------------------------

LONDON

“You’re sure you’re not coming?” asked Kim, in a not-so-concerned look. She was dropping Ananda off at his work which was at her father’s company. “You know I can ask Dad to give you a day off.”
“Better not, darling. I’m not comfortable in parties,” excused Ananda. He didn’t noticed how fiercely and angrily Kim was looking at him. “It’s time.” He leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek and got out of the car. Kim stared after him. 
---
“So she’s not here today?” asked Hannah, Ananda’s personal secretary a.k.a his mistress. She was sitting on his lap in his office.
“Yes.” answered Ananda. He went for a smooch but she turned away. 
“Someone might see us.”
“There’s nothing to worry about, honey.” said Ananda. “I’ve already locked the door.”
She smirked then gave herself into his lips.
The door suddenly burst opened making both Ananda and Hannah startled and pushed one another away. Kim walked a pace inside. She held the key up then dropped it to the floor. 
“Kim.” whispered Ananda. His eyes were full with fear.
“Look what we have here.” said Kim coldly. She glared at both of them.
“Kim! It...it’s not what it looks like!” said Ananda. “She...she tried to seduce me and I tried to say no. I tried to push her away. And I did. That’s when you came in.”
“You idiot!” shouted Hannah. “Mrs. Everingham. He lied. He paid me.”
“Get out!” said Kim. Without hesitant, Hannah ran for the door.
“What? You believe her?!” shouted Ananda.
“I see no reason why I shouldn’t.” replied Kim coldly. “Emma. Anne. Hannah. Don’t think I’m stupid!” She picked up a fountain pen from his desk.
“What’s that?” asked Ananda. 
“Just a pen...that can record what you were doing a few minutes ago.”
“You – you hid a camera in my office!?”
“Yes.” Kim smirked. She turned around walking towards the door.
“Where are you going?” 
“What do you think?” 
“I know what you’re up to.”
“And?” Kim turned around to face Ananda again.
“You’re not gonna succeed. If you’re gonna ask to divorce me, save your words.”
“I’ll show this clip to him.”
“You really think he doesn’t know what kind of person I am when he ‘forced’ you to marry me?” 
“You’ll see.” said Kim, unconfidently. He’d got a point, Kim knew.  She knew well what her father was like. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Margie and Marie arrived at their café. 
“Thank you, P’Gie,” said Marie as Margie helped her to settle in a comfortable couch. but Margie said nothing in return. She returned to the car and delivered the things they’d bought –one by one- into the café.
“What’s wrong with you?” Marie asked. “Are you angry at me?” Margie still kept her silence. “Say something. Please.”
“No. I’m not angry at you.” said Margie, finally.
“Then why didn’t you talk to me?”
“I thought you forgot I exist.”
“P’Gie?” Marie showed her upset face. “Alright! What’s your problem with Khun Boy?”
“He’s not a good guy! He’s not trustworthy! And you should stay away from him!”
“You’re just unreasonably and negatively judging him!”
“No, I’m not. I just...know it.”
“You just know it. How amazing!”
“What pill did he let you take that it makes you believe him so much?!”
“Oh, I’m tired of this!” shouted Marie.
“Where do you think you’re going?” asked Margie when Marie got up from her couch.
“My café is not closed today so...?”
“Rest. I’ll do the baking.” Marie watched as Margie disappeared into the kitchen. The realization of what she actually had said to her sister came to her along with the feeling of regret. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

LONDON

“I want a divorce, father. I’m going to spend another minute of my life with that cheater!” said Kim, furiously. 
“You can’t!” shouted Mr. Voltemas. That fierce look scared Kim a lot but not this time.
“I need a reason.” said KIm, holding her anger.
“I’ve only got one reason and that is you can’t divorce Ananda!” said Mr. Voltemas.
“Haven’t you seen what he has done to me?!” said Kim, raising her voice.
“What’s wrong with it? He’s a man!” said Mr. Voltemas.
“Yes! A man who cheated. That’s not the kind of man whom I should spend the rest of my life with!” said Kim.
“But he’s the kind of man I chose for you! Only him!” said Mr. Voltemas.
“You’re clearly destroying my happiness!” said Kim.
“Happiness? I’ve given you all the happiness, can’t you see? Look at your designers’ clothes. That grand of money in your bank account. This mansion you’re living in.”
“But it’s not the kind of happiness I want!” shouted Kim. “All you’ve ever done is keeping me in prison!” shouted Kim.
“Don’t you dare shout at me! Without me, you wouldn’t have this day. Without me, you would still be an uneducated orphan whom everyone hated!” shouted Mr. Voltemas back at Kim.
“You know what I wish?” said Kim. “I wish I had never been adopted by you. I don’t need your stupid money or mansion. I only need someone who loves me and I love him.”
“If you’re talking about that man in Thailand, forget it!” said Mr. Voltemas. “He’s probably married to another girl by now.”
“He’s not. He loves me and only me!” said Kim. “I’m going back to Thailand no matter what!” With that, she rose to her feet, grabbed her handbag and walked to the door where two guards in black suits blocked her way.
“Get out of my way!” she ordered.
“Lock her up!” Mr. Voltemas ordered his guards which made Kim turned to look at him in shocked. “You’re not going anywhere!”
“You can’t do this to me!” shouted Kim, struggling to get released from the guards’ strong hands. “Let go of me!” One of the guards snatched her handbag and reached in for the phone and gave it to Mr. Voltemas.
“You can’t call for help from anyone now, can you?” said Mr. Voltemas. He watched as she was dragged up to her room. 
“LET ME OUT!” Kim yelled, banging at the door which was locked from the other side. “You can’t do this to me!” At this moment, she regretted. She regretted that she let herself be forced to leave the wedding of her and Nadech because she was afraid to lose her fortune. She regretted she made herself looked like a doll who couldn’t stand up to what she really wanted. She regretted everything. 
“Nadech...I’m sorry...” she whispered with puddles of tears in her eyes. “I’m sorry...”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Get out of my head!” Yaya dryly shouted. After all, no tears were left to cry. She was at home, spending all the hours after arriving from Pattaya alone trying to forget everything. She wished him dead from her life. She wished for him to just disappear.
---
As soon as he arrived at Bangkok, Nadech headed to Yaya’s house. One thing he knew - he had to talk to her ASAP. He had to do something. 
---
Yaya walked up to the sink, splashed some water on her face and dried it with a towel. She
had made up her mind. Just then her cell phone rang. 
“Hello?” said Yaya, trying to sound normal.
“Yaya! Are you...? Are you free? I mean right now!” said Margie, sounding anxious.
“What’s the matter? What happens?” asked Yaya, starting to worry.
“I really can’t explain it to you right now. You have to come ASAP!” said Margie.
“All right but where are you?” asked Yaya.
“Marie’s café,” said Margie before she hung up.
Yaya rushed to the washroom and put on a little make-up to make herself not looked like
she was crying.
“Where are you?” grumbled Yaya, reaching for the car key in her handbag. She made her
to the gate and pulled it open. And to her shock, there stood Nadech right in front of her.
His eyes were saying a million times sorry to her as she was looking at with millions of hates. 
“Who are you?” she questioned, eyes fixed at him. “What are you doing in front of my
house?”
“Yaya...?” Puzzlement hit him. “No. What are you doing?”
In the state of speechlessness, she quickly turned around and ran for her car. Nadech came
to a realization and quickly grabbed her into his arms. “I’m sorry, Yaya.” he said as he tried
to hold her tight. “But we need to talk.” Yaya kept her silence and bit her arms until it
bled but he still didn’t let go. With a quick move of his hand, he snatched the car key from
her hand. 
“You’re not going anywhere until we talk about it,” said Nadech, trying to ignore the terrible
pain in his arm.
“Can’t you just leave me alone?” shouted Yaya, trying to hold her tears.
“It happened.” said Nadech, feeling guilty. “I can’t just leave you alone.”
“Nothing happened that night!” lied Yaya.
“I know it happened!” said Nadech. “And I’m very sorry. I was drunk. I was out of my mind. I
thought you were...”
“Stop talking!” shouted Yaya, tears racing down her cheek, a drop after another. Nadech
reached out his hand to wipe her soft cheek but she quickly backed up. “Don’t touch me!”
“I’m sorry,” apologized Nadech. “Yaya, listen to me! I need to get this right!”
“I said stop talking!” She pressed her palms to her ears, preventing his voice from entering her head.
“You can bite me, kick me or beat me, if you want,” said Nadech, “And if I survived
after that, I am willing to take responsibility over you.”
Yaya slapped him with all the anger she had when he said those words. “Just stay out of my
life!” she shouted coldly at him. 
“I can’t do that!” he paused and looked at her as she turned away from him silent. “Ya-?”
“I hate you,” she said in a low voice. “And you hate me. Then why don’t we just stay away from each other? Let’s do it like we never knew each other and never will. Let’s forget everything and back to our normal life. Do it like my name doesn’t exist in your world and your name doesn’t exist in my world. It’s very easy...it’s so easy for both of us.”
“I never said I hate you!” Nadech frowned, wondering where she’d known that from.
“It’s obvious, isn’t it?”
He sighed. “If it’s what happened 3 years ago, why are you still hanging on to the past? Why can’t you just forget it and move on?”
“If you could forget it so easily, why can’t you do it this time? What’s the word? Move on!”
“It’s not the same. This time I’ve done a horrible thing to you and I have to be responsible for it, for you.”
“What if she comes back?” She looked up at him straight in the eyes. The sentence struck him right in his neck, making him speechless but kept his eyes locked with hers until she turned away again. “You know who. What if she comes back? For you?”
Nadech had no idea how to answer. It went blur for him. What if she really came back for him? All these years, he worked and lived normally. But the hope of seeing and getting back together with her, and only her never faded but got stronger each day.
“Exactly,” said Yaya, faking the toughness. “Stay. Out. Of. My. Life. And I’ll stay out of yours. It’s the best and only thing can happen between us.” She wiped her tears, preventing him from seeing it.
“Are you sure you want that?” asked Nadech, his eyes seeking for the answer. 
Of course and of course not. Yaya’s heart was against her mind. “Yes.” She managed to reply with her eyes looking directly to his, showing that she really meant what she said.
He swallowed and slightly nodded, showing understandings. “Can I visit you sometimes?” he asked in a low voice, lacking the confident of getting a ‘yes’.
“I’ve made it clear. I don’t want to see you again,” she said mercilessly. Nadech looked down at the ground, looking very upset and regret. “I’ll leave, right now.” He placed her car key on a table. Give her his sorry eyes before he completely disappeared behind the half-closed gate. It was when she let her tears freely rolled down her soft cheeks. She limped lifelessly and sat herself by the table where she put her head down, sobbing.
“Is it true?” a shaking woman voice came to her head. She lifted her head. Her wet face lit up with shock.
“Mom...?”

Forgive me if there are grammar mistakes. Please enjoy!

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Sovatana
You did an excellent update ! I love your intro of the couples, very exciting and intense.

Boy sounds like a very nice guy.

Kim-A they both have an agenda? She is regretting her breakup due to her materialistic self. Wonder what she will do next to leave A or run back to Nadech.

A lot of hurt Nadech throws at Yaya. She trying to be strong, I do understand, his mind just screams for K, is the last straw when questioned about her possible return. He can't commit, feels alot of pain for Yaya.

Thanks so much Sweetie for the long update, I enjoy it very much, sure I look forward to read your story further, with appreciation, key

sharfa93

sarNie Egg
Can't wait for the next update! And i feel so much pain for yaya. How painful it must have been for her to have to give up her first time to a man who thought that she was someone else. And to think that she has always liked him but he has been nothing else but mean to her, she must've felt like she was being used. I hope nadech makes up for it big time.

Sovatana

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 9

“Is it true?” Her mom asked in a shaking voice.
“Mom...? W-When did you get here?” asked Yaya, trying to keep her balance as she stood up from her chair. 
“Some minutes ago, just in time to hear your conversation,”
“Why didn’t you tell me you were returning to Thailand?”
"That’s not what important. I need to know what happened...between you and Nadech. Tell me it’s not what I think it is!”
“Mom...I...um...” She didn’t know how to answer her mom. 
“Tell me, please!” said her mom.
“I’m sorry, Mom. But I need to get to Margie’s place. I promise I’ll explain everything to you later,”
“Yaya!”
“Margie seems to have a problem. I need to get there, mom. You have to understand,”
Desperate for answers but she let Yaya go. “Fine,” said her mom, “Just remember, you promised.” 
Yaya slightly and unsurely nodded then got in her car.

----------------------------------------

“Margie, what is it?” called Yaya as she walked into the café. But she saw no one. It was unusually silent. “Is anyone here?”
“Happy Birthday!” voices shouted. Mark, Marie and Margie jumped in front of her.
“What are you guys doing?” asked Yaya, looking annoyed rather than surprised.
“Throwing you a SURPRISE birthday party, of course! What else does it look like?” said Margie, holding the chocolate-frosted cake with 24 candles lighted up.
“You scared me! I thought you were having some serious problems,” said Yaya.
“We were! That clumsy Mark almost tripped on the cake!” said Margie laughingly.
“Hey, you were the one who pushed me!” Mark reclaimed.
“Oh, shut up!” she punched Mark on the shoulder.
Yaya chuckled. “Will you two ever stop bickering?”
“You know what? We will.” said Margie. “For only today; because it’s your birthday.”
“Thank you for that,” said Yaya laughingly.
“Come on. Blow the candles and become officially 24!” said Margie.
“Don’t forget to make a wish!” Marie reminded her. 
“What would I want to wish for?” Yaya said sadly to herself. Her smiley face faded. “I wish I could  just forget what I don’t want to remember.” 
“Well...you’re not supposed to say your wish out loud but yeah...it’s your day,” said Marie.
“Now blow your candles!” said Margie, holding the cake close to her face.
Yaya stared at the candles’ lights, closed her eyes and blew them. Next thing she felt was the cold  creamy frosting all over her face.
“MARGIE!” Yaya screamed out. 
“That was my present for you!” she laughed evilly. 
“Okay. Thank you.” She wiped some of the frosting from her face and reaching for Margie’s face. 
“Mark, help me!” 
Laughing uncontrollably, Mark got behind Margie’s behind and grabbed her arms and twisted them behind her back, keeping her from escaping. 
“Hey, it’s not fair!” screamed Margie. “It’s two against one---” Her face was covered with chocolate. 
Yaya let out a laugh with satisfaction. “Don’t blame me! You started it!” 
“Can’t you guys play later?” said Marie after she managed to stop herself from laughing. “Yaya haven’t seen my present yet,”
“Oh sorry, Marie,” said Yaya. 
---
Marie gave Yaya her knitted scarf. “Hope you like it!”
“Like it? I love it!” said Yaya, trying on the chain stitch scarf. “Totally love the grey color.”
“Thank you,” said Marie.
“No. Thank you!” She gave Marie the warmest hug. “You’re the sweetest girl!”
“Mark?” Yaya turned to him as she released Marie from her arms. “Do you have anything to give me?”
He smiled then took her hand. “Mine’s special. Must be given at a special place,”
“Hey where are we going?” asked Yaya as being dragged to the car.
“You’ll know when we get there,” answered Mark. He started the engine and drove off, with Marie and Margie staring after by the door. 
“Finally, he’s doing something.” said Margie, followed by a chuckle. She knew, even Mark never told her. She could see through his affection to Yaya. 

---------------------------------------

“Can’t you just tell me already?” Yaya said after 10 minutes of sitting in the car with impatience.
“Patient, lady. It’s a surprise,” Mark assured her while continuing his driving.
“Will you ever run out of surprises?” said Yaya, chuckling.
“Don’t worry. I will not,” said Mark. 
“So when will we get to your ‘special place’, sir?” 
“Probably another 15 minutes,” 
Yaya nodded and stayed silent. 
“Should I put some music on–” Mark braked just suddenly, causing them both to rock forth from their chairs, but thanks to the seat belts, they weren't getting any injuries. A car had suddenly stopped 10 feet in front of them. 
“What the heck?” Mark shouted angrily. “You’re okay, Yaya?”
“I’m fine,” answered Yaya, trying to calm down. 
“Does that idiot know how to drive?” Mark shouted as he got out of the car, storming towards the other car. Yaya removed the seat belts and stepped out. The car window rolled down, showing a face that shocked them. 
“I’m sorry for having to do this,” apologized Nadech, stepping out of his car and making his way to Yaya. “I’ve been following you and I’m sorry.”
“Nadech?” said Mark but he was ignored.
“Yaya, I...” said Nadech, “After I left this morning, I remembered that today is your birthday.” Yaya didn’t looked away but straight to his please-forgive-me face. Mark kept his distance and watched them. Nadech continued “So, I found my way to the nearest gift shop and bought you a present–” 
He handed a perfectly wrapped box tied with a purple bow to her.
“Mark, get me out here,” she said, still keeping death stare at Nadech. “Now!”
“Yaya, please wait...” but it was too late to grab her hand. She was already inside the car and the door was locked.
“What was all that about?” asked Mark as he started the engine, keeping his eyes on Nadech who was now standing in front of their car. 
“Just get me out of here, will you?” Yaya shouted at last. 
“But he’s standing–” argued Mark.
“Turn the car around. Get me home, please.” Mark obeyed her without any more questions but his brain was fighting his mind for answers.
Nadech watched as the car drove away. He never thought Yaya would accept his present anyway. There was nothing he could do to make her forgive him because the whole point was she didn’t want to see his face ever again. He wanted to take responsibility over her, he really did. He got back in his car and drove, just drove on without destination.

------------------------------------

“Yaya!” Mark called, stopping her from escaping his questions which finally blurted out from his mouth. “Can you please tell me what is up with you two? Why did he follow you like that?”
“It’s nothing!” She shouted at him, looking strangely angry to Mark.
“If it’s nothing, you wouldn’t be this angry. If it’s nothing, you would have accepted his present and acted normal.”
“I am not angry, okay?” said Yaya, trying to sound calm. “And I didn’t accept his present because I didn’t want to.”
“That was not a convincing answer. What did he do to you, honestly?”
“I’m sorry if it wasn’t convincing enough to you but that’s all I got. You asked for more and my answer is no,” she turned around but he moved quickly to face her again.
“I need to know, Yaya. I want to know what you’re facing, what you are so upset about so I can help you,”
“There’s nothing wrong with me and I don’t need help! Leave me alone, will you?”
“You know I can’t do that,” At that moment, he saw Yaya crying and her miserable tears. Slowly, he reached out his hand and wiped her cheek. “It’s okay. You can tell me. Whatever it is, you can always tell me,”
“It’s... it’s...,” She almost talked then she realized herself. “Why can’t you just get off my back?” 
“Because I love you!” Mark blurted out the words but not regretted for revealing his feeling to her. His words kept Yaya in a long silence. “I love you, Yaya. That was what I wanted to say to you. My special gift.” 
“What?" Yaya said, sounded almost like a whisper. 
"You didn't hear it wrong," Mark clearly said, forcing all the confident to his throat. "I said that I love you,"
Confusion filled her chest. Mark loved her? How was it even possible? She thought.
"I know it's hard to take in..." said Mark. "That your best friend whom you've known since childhood come and tell you that he loves you in such a desparate way... but I can't help it," Yaya pressed her lips together, still couldn't find a word to say. Her eyes met Mark's but she still said nothing. Tear formed in one corner of her eye.
"I understand if you need some time to think it over-"
"Mark," Yaya cut him off. "You're a great guy, like, a really great guy I've ever met. But..." She couldn't continued when she watched him holding his breath and waiting for her answer. She couldn't hurt him because she knew she had to refuse him. She couldn't...
"Look! It's okay. Just take your time," said Mark, who finally exhaled, "I can wait."
"No. I have to tell you now, otherwise...otherwise I'm afraid I will..." Her voice was cracking. Otherwise she was afraid she would hurt him more. The earlier she made it clear, the earlier he could move on, she thought.
"We can't be anything else than friends, Mark." Yaya finally said. "I'm sorry." 
"Sorry! I-," said Mark, his voice shaking "I... I know I'm probably not your type but if you could just give me a chance. Maybe we could work it out. You'll probably turn to like me-"
"I like you, Mark," said Yaya, "But always as the way friends do," She looked at him as he looked down at his feet. "I'm just... really sorry," she wrapped her arms around him, consolely hugging him.
"Yeah I... understand," he said in a low voice, almost inaudibly.
"I'll take the taxi home," she said, releasing him.
"I'll drive you until there," said Mark.
"No, no. It's okay," said Yaya. "I think we both need our time. Alone."
Mark slightly nodded.
"Be safe, okay?" said Yaya.
"You too. Careful," said Mark. He stole a glance when Yaya got on a taxi. He swallowed all the pain to his chest and got inside his car. "So this is how it feels like to be rejected." He would have taken Yaya to his set-up place: a table for two with candle lights in the center of the table and roses, red ones. He would have beckoned the hired-waitress and let her served Yaya her most favorite meal. 
They would have drunk champagne and talked until it was his time to pick up one rose which hid a ring in it. He would knelt down and asked her to be his girlfriend. It was a very good plan, if there wasn't an intruder. But either way, he knew her answer wouldn't be very different.

-------------------------------------------------

The taxi stopped in front of her house. "Thank you," Yaya said. She handed the driver the money and got out of the car. For a long 
moment, she stood and stared at the gate. She wasn't sure if she wanted to enter the house. If she did, she'd have to confront her mother and told her everything. Lying wasn't not a very good idea. She knew her mother would see through everything inside her mind, she always had. But fleeing could be taken as a consideration. Yes? No! Neither way would do any good. She took a long deep breath and pressed her finger to the button, ringing the door bell. There was no way back now. She had to face it. She knew she had to. Not longer that a minute, the gate slid open and her mother stood in front of her. Her expression was plain until she saw Yaya's face. "Yaya!" she said. Yaya didn't reply. Simply she just couldn't find a word to say, yet. "Where's your car?"
"I..." Then Yaya remembered. "I left it Margie's place,"
"Let's get inside," her mom said, without bothering to ask her why.
They walked inside silently. 
"Mom?" Yaya started.
"Sit down first then we'll talk," her mom said without looking back at her.

--------------------------------------------------

Kim sat on the floor with her back against the wall, staring at nothing particular. Suddenly, her attention was brought to the door. She rose to her feet and rushed toward the door as it opened, showing two faces she was familiar with.
"Mrs. Everingham," said one of the bodyguard. "We've brought you dinner."
"I don't need it! I want to get out of here!" Kim demanded.
He ignored her and placed the tray on a table.
"Ken," Kim said to the other bodyguard who was standing at the door. "Please,"
Ken looked at her without answer. 
"You're the only one who can help me. Please... get me out of here," she continued but Ken looked away from her pleading eyes.
"Drew, let's go," He said to the other bodyguard. After Drew got outside, he pulled the door shut and locked it. He ignored when Kim screamed for him to stop. Kim, again, turned hopeless. She dropped herself to the floor and began to sob. There was no way out. No, no, there was. There was gotta be a way of this hell!

----------------------------------------------------

"It was Nadech," said Yaya's mom. Yaya widened her eyes and looked at her in shock. "He visited again after you left,"
"What, mom?" asked Yaya in urgent. "Did he-" Her mom nodded. "He told me he was sorry and... stuffs."
"So you know," Yaya said though a part of her was angry.
Her mom nodded again sadly. "He offered-"
"I don't want it. I don't want to be near him. I don't want to see him ever again!"  said Yaya. She sounded almost like she was yelling, though she wasn't. "Please don't let me do that, mom."
"Oh, honey, I love you," She pressed Yaya's face to her chest, consoling her. "more than anything else in the world. I would rather die than making you do something you don't want to. I understand, honey,"
Yaya couldn't form the word 'thanks' from her throat. She burst out crying and squeezed her mom tight in her arms.
"You've been through a lot," said her mom, embracing Yaya. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I'm sorry,"
"You're here now. That's what I need," There, she cried in her mother's embrace. This was the only thing she needed right now. She felt so warm that she wished she could stay there forever.
"Cry it out, honey," said her mom. "Tomorrow will be a new day... to start new things,"  she gently caress Yaya's hair. Her sob went silent but her heart was still crying. Yes, tomorrow would be a NEW day. She would forget everything. She could start a new chapter. But she was not gonna wake up with amnesia, she knew that.
"Happy Birthday, honey," her mom whispered next to her ear.

----------------------------------------------------

Just as she was about to fall asleep, she heard a creak on the door, making her vision went clear toward it. The door swang open slowly, showing a tall and handsome body of a man. "Ken?" Kim said, in a low voice. Ken, who showed the look of disapproval of his face, had thick circles of robes in one hand and Kim's handbag, which was taken by her adoptive father, in another hand. Standing from the door, he tossed everything in front of where Kim was sitting.
"That's all I can do," said Ken, igorantly. "No one's in the backyard. Figure something out yourself,"
Kim reached her hand in her handbag immediately to find her phone. "Where's my phone?"
"With Mr. Voltemas. I didn't manage to get it without him acknowledging," said Ken, coldly.
Kim pulled up to her feet and smiled bitterly at him. "Thanks, anyway."
Without a reply, Ken shut the door and, as usual, locked it.
Kim didn't have her cell phone. She couldn't contact Nadech - or any of her friends to help her. "I'll figure something out. I will," Then she remembered about her window. She walked up to it and looked through the clear glass. It was dark but not dark enough to block her vision. There was no one in the backyard just like Ken told. If she could climb down - IF she could climb down, she would be free. FREE. She grabbed the robes and uncurved one circle after another. The robes was very long and more importantly, it was thick and strong, enough to hold her body if she tied one end to a strong firm metal. She rushed to her drawer and found her passport and credit card, and she stuffed them in her handbag. She had her plan; now she only had to wait until midnight to start.

------------------------------------------------------

Yaya lied on the left side of her body on the bed. She couldn't sleep. She stared through the window, into the silent and peaceful darkness, thinking about what had happened. Not more about Nadech but her dear friend, Mark. What had happened between her and him was unbelievable. "He's in love with me?" she asked herself. "How have I not ever noticed?" For the whole time, she looked at him as a friend. A friend who would do anything to stay on her side, a friend who would willing to be her bridge if she needed to cross a river, a friend whom she really appreciated to have with her. But things just went wrong. She rejected him. Now she didn't how to face him, to act like nothing had happened, though she really wanted to. Maybe he was now angry at her or so she thought. Was this 
the end of their gracious friendship? she questioned herself and found it difficult to answer.

-----------------------------------------------------

Nadech woke up in the middle of the night, gasping for reality to come to his vision. It was a dream, just a dream. He squeezed his eyes shut and tried to recall it. There was a figure of a girl, standing with her back facing to him and 6 feet away from him. There was no wind but her let-down slight-wavy hair danced as there was a breeze. 
"Who's there?" he remembered what he had in there. The girl didn't reply nor turned her face to him. 
She stood still as she was frozen.
"Is that you, Kim?" he asked once more. 
"If you don't know, then neither do I," the girl spoke. Nadech couldn't recognize the voice. The sentence echoed one after another, putting Nadech in great puzzlement till he finally woke up. He buried his face in his palm. It wasn't the first time he had weird dreams. He could get used to that. He lifted his head up and realized he was in his car. The seat next to him were, undoubtfully, beers. 
After he regained his thoughts together, he looked through the car window to see where he was. His car was parked under a big tree. Street lights shone the small street, showing Nadech how completely quiet it was. He searched for another can of beer to drink as he figured that he had to wait until the morning to drive. He took a sip as he stared at the half moon. It shared the similarity to his heart. 
They were both just half...

Thank you for reading :D

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Sovatana

Hope you're well. Thanks so much for this update I love it. Its a long one too, your time and efforts are so appreciated.

I love Yaya's mom, so supportive and loves her so much. Poor Mark but most of all poor Nadech. Thinking to be a responsible man and willing to take the brunt of his mistake but got flat out rejected.

Looking forward to read further your very interesting story sweetie, take your time. Ilu.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thank you so much Sovatana for writing Yadech FF for us to enjoy!

I have so much to catch up but just wanted to let your know that your time and efforts are very much appreciated!

MrsChum

sarNie Adult
Thank you for this long update. Poor Yaya, her bday wasn't the kind of Bday she wanted. So many things going on in her life that she didbt enjoyed her surprise. Also sad for Mark. He must be so sad? Can't wait for another update.