Parents thought about me?

debbieyanglove

sarNie Hatchling
Why r u at his house??? Not to sound rude but u don't need to
Be over there. You guys r not even dating. He has no right to treat u that way. You deserve a ton better. It is also
Good to hear that u r distancing urself from him. In my opinion I think his parents
like u very much.

PeNgUIn*3o3

sarNie Egg
Its been 3 weeks since I last seen him and the family. My friend quit texting me; like I don't even exist anymore. I text him time to time to say what's up and hey but nothing in response. Sometime he just text "BZ" and "TTYL" That's it... I stood up to tell him how I really felt and in return this is what I get. I feel like I just destroyed my friendship with him. His mom just called me 5 minutes ago requesting that if I have time I go help them cook for a big family eating for the grandpa. My friend's mom wants me to cook this dish that I always cook for them. I don't know what to say or do. I feel really distant now. My mind is very toggled and I really felt like... I don't know how I feel...

MasterMind

sarNie Hatchling
This is really confusing. Do you have ANY family at all where you're at? Is it because you have no one that you use his family as a surrogate family?

As for his mom's request, you should explain to her that you and her son do not have that type of relationship. If she understands that and still wants your help, and you want to do it, you should tell her you're doing it for her and no one else because you care for her. Although, it probably will be awkward for everyone. Especially you.

Merit

sarNie Adult
Hmmm...call me selfish but I would not be assisting his mom with the cooking. The distance is already there not to add the awkwardness has play its part. Like Mastermind had mentioned you should explain to his mom what the situation is. Because if you go there who to say it won't be the same thing over again. Let the space be the divider and move on. If you let your feelings be known to him and he doesn't seem to care than that is your clue to just cut any ties with him.

From what you've mentioned this seemed to be a big concern for you. You may have lost a friendship that you don't want to lose but in the long run you've gain yourself back. You can't linger on something that's not making you happy. If his mom likes you she'll accept your decision with an open mind.