[OneHD] Songkram Nang Ngarm (Exact)

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Okay, so this is what I know from downloading the app on my sister's iPad lol.

After you download the app, you have to register. It can be through Facebook or just regular registration. Then you swipe through the "pages" to get to the last one where it asks you to pick the kind of beauty queen you like/want. It looks kind of like a slot machine where you pick the type of beauty, looks, and favorite pasttime/habit, and once you pick the kind of traits you like, you click on the button and it will show you the contestant your preferred traits matches up with. Once you get to that page, you click on the button on the bottom and a display box appears saying something like: "Do you agree to vote for this type of beauty queen? Yes or No." If you pick no, it takes you back to the previous page with the slot machine thing and you have to redo it. If you say yes, you move on to the voting portion. Just because you get a certain contestant doesn't mean you can't vote for other contestants, so don't worry about that. I'm not exactly sure why you have to pick a contestant if that's the case. Maybe they're just interested in knowing the type of person you think is qualified for the crown? :shrug:

Anyway, when you get to the voting portion, you're given 100 coins to start off. Each kiss is worth 1 coin, and each knockout is worth 5 coins. There's also a game portion where you can answer 10 questions for crowns. I think they update them daily, so if you complete 10 questions, you have to wait until tomorrow or whenever they put up the new questions to answer again. They ask you questions about the lakorn (stuff that happened in it, etc.) and real facts about the actors/actresses that pertain to the lakorn. I'm not sure what you use the crowns for, but so far, I've answered all the questions correctly and I ended up with 11 crowns, so unless I started with 1 crown, maybe there were 11 questions instead of 10? The questions were pretty easy for the most part (I thought), but a couple did stump me, like: What number did Bebe get when she made it into the top 30? It was multiple choice, so my choices were either 14 or 24. I could have easily looked it up, but I went with 14 because it seemed right, and I was correct. *whew* There was another one that I thought was kind of hard because it involved paying closer attention than you normally would, but I can't remember what it was now.

Then there's a comment section where you can make suggestions, comments, or ask questions about the lakorn, and they promise to answer all your questions, so it's worth a shot if you do have any.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
songielove said:
I know some made negative comments about the girls' appearances, but I think you have to see them for yourself. It's crazy how beautiful these ladies are! They modeled for a fashion show I attended, and the grace they have is love! So well-trained. I met some of them after the show, and they were so tall and even more beautiful when they're being themselves. So yes @lenlin, I can actually say that I can imagine these girls playing the original roles they were casted for. But since I've fallen in love with Yingying's emotional acting, I dont know if I'd feel the same for Wine as as I do now with "Bebe"'s acting.
You're so lucky to have met so many stars on your trip. You must have had a blast.

I think the person I have the hardest time picturing in their original roles is Aoey as Summer. Given how wacky, yet sunny and full of heart Pim plays her, I have a hard time imagining how Kwang would have played her since she embodies the role Aoey so well. I think the director made a good call in the switches. Eye (Bebe) comes a close second. Some people say they think Eye could have really nailed the role of Wine and perhaps she could have, but nothing in her acting so far that I've seen reaches the same depth of emotion that Yingying displays so for now I'll remain skeptical.

songielove said:
With 10 girls, plus the added drama of the higher-ups (like Alice), that's a lot of storytelling to do in an episode that's less than an hour. I'd say the pacing is just right. :) It's really the only drama I look forward to watching every week. They have the minority vote for favorite love line here, but I'm loving SNN for #kongwineteam. I share the same sentiments for them as @lenlin and wish that Kong would've waited until the competition ended. Yet, I think their relationship would still naturally take place since he was already interested in her from the get-go; the more you find out about someone, the more you either like or dislike that person. Besides, there would be no sense of secrecy nor urgency on Wine's part if she wasn't in a relationship with Kong. In terms of pace, their relationship development has been quite natural. Just be thankful we're actually going places with 10+ girls in the story. XD
I think they could have made this lakorn 1 and 20 minutes like their primetime shows, but for being roughly 40 minutes long minus all the commercial breaks, I'm impressed that they've been able to give everyone equal screentime. One person tweeted that instead of being called Songkram Nang Ngarm, they should have called it Kwarm Lup Khong Wine (Wine's Secret), but I didn't feel they spent more time on Wine's secret than the other contestants. It's just that the other ladies' storylines moved on, but Wine's secret remained a secret so it just seemed like they focused on it a lot. I guess you could say that of all the contestants, Wine's storyline barely moved or changed at all, but for someone whose storyline didn't move, she's had to portray the widest range of emotions.

Hanajungupup

sarNie Adult
Good, I'm gonna downloading the app now,..
I'm agree on the draggy story of Wine...With each episdose there a lot of focus on it but seems like it's still in the start @@@ 
I'm finished new ep just yet, and gosh Baikao and Itt are so cute, they're so freaking adorable I can't 

Why they don't air it on Sunday too?! It makes I think that there is only 1 ep each week, feels so short

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Okay, the crowns are points, and once you've accumulated enough, you can trade them in for real prizes.

Also, it says you can win 5 coins for every every clip you share (I'm assuming through the app) and every comment you make. You might get 5 coins for every correct answer you give as well, but I'm not sure about that part yet.

Hanajungupup said:
Why they don't air it on Sunday too?! It makes I think that there is only 1 ep each week, feels so short
I know. Their 2 episodes really only feel like 1 or 3/4 of 1.

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
@lenlin, so who has been getting your votes?! :lol: I like it that it's not simply a popularity competition, but is actually pulling data on society's criteria for beauty. At the same time, it gives some insight into what you think is ideal in terms of beauty. Wish I could join! XD

I think Kwang could've played Summer just as well because her natural personality is so out there already. Looks-wise though, I'm glad they stuck with Pim for Summer because she has that bubbly, sunshine face all the time, hehe. Kwang is actually most believable to me in terms of being a young professional careerwoman and going into this pageant so headstrong. Now I have a hard time imagining who would've played Aoey. XD

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I actually spread my votes between 7 of the contestants. Some got more votes than others, but I voted for 7 in total. The only ones I didn't vote for were Ribbon, Luksoh, and Bebe, while Ribbon and Luksoh are the only ones I gave knockouts to.

I don't normally follow behind the scene videos so I don't know how actors/actresses act offscreen. I'm sure Kwang would have been able to pull of Summer in her own way, but it's just that I can't imagine anyone else playing Aoey that I can't imagine how it would have been if she had played Summer if that makes any sense.

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
@lenlin, it makes sense because she fits Aoey so perfectly, look and posture and all. I dont follow Kwang as well, but just watching the girls do interviews, she's got a really fun and confident attitude just like that of Summer. I notice Aoey is the oldest of the group (appropriately), but I wonder if Kwang's actual age had anything to do with the change because she's totally the gal who takes the lead when they're all together. She just seems older than the rest, aside from her character.

Good strategy on the voting and knockouts! Wine is currently on top again, haha. I think the majority of the girls deserve the crown, but with the app going strong it really makes me wonder how far along the production is in writing the end result. Whoever wins, I just hope that Alice gets butchered!

Hanajungupup

sarNie Adult
The vote is going tough..I'm still not feeling Dear out of all character
I actually think Pim in real life is more calm than Summer, but that girl is super skinny, she needs meat
Still top 10 at this rate...My top 5 would be: Wine, Aoey, Baikao, Summer, Fah...Gosh but they all are nicer than Ribbon and BB, and Loogoh, it's like impossible.. At first I think Dr.Aoey will win the tittle but now I have no idea ...

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
Are you all excited for tonight's episode?! If Dr. Aoey finds out what the documents reveal, does that mean we will too? It could be the end of Wine T___T.. I love that girl. Speaking of which, not just Khun Kong, but hopefully I can accept her after the reveal too. XD

//Edit.
I haven't sorted everything out, but here are the better photos of some of the girls from the fashion show. It was an international carnival theme. :)

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Ouuu can't wait for tonight's episodes! I hope we also find out her secret and I still think I'll be able to accept her after knowing her secret, hehe.
Although, they might pull one of those "only Aeoy knows the secret and we'll find out later" kind of things =.="
I really wanna know her secret!

^ Thanks for the photos! The next episodes look super fun!

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)
I caught a bit of this live this morning. The vdo kept on buffering so I gave up. But I did catch some what of the beginning. Q asking Summer to be his gf was cuuute. Hahaha I couldn't stop smiling but I'm not sure if she agreed to bc she mentioned about Fah. I won't spoil what he did though but it was simple and cute

Wine secret, ok she must be an immigrant or an alien or something bc in the document it said they weren't able to detect her fingerprints in the population of Thailand. Which explains why she had to have a fake ID.

Hanajungupup

sarNie Adult
Bebe misunderstood that Summer seeing her with that Jirasak...Now it must be trouble for Summer, if she keep being so nice and doesn't want to involve anything with the contestant then It would be bad for her since those bitches won't stop themself..
Q's confession way to Summer is the way too adorable..He made the collection of her moment from the start and ask her to be his gf..
So Wine is not Thai or what?! I'm really tired of all this things going around..Dr.Aoey want to send the document for Kong but then I think she decide not to give him and keep it as secret again @@@

I actually like Baikhao. Lol. She's just too damn nosy! But then she's nosy for good reasons!

And...I hate their costumes. Lol. It's so ugly! If they were aiming for creative, they surely failed! Yet, the girls looks beautiful...just the clothes are ugly. Haha.

sarNie Adult
Baikao's my favorite person lol. Instead of getting all backstabbing like the other chics when they found out Piengfah was leading, she goes "I gotta practice some more". I like Summer too & the friendship between deer & lookwah.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I've been reading comments on Pantip that SNN will end at 30. I don't know where they're getting that information, but that doesn't seem possible because that means there are only 3 weeks left with 6 more episodes to go. Six episodes seem too short a time to bring all the subplots to a close, not to mention they still have to pick the last 10, then the last 5, and finally the winner.

I have faith that Baikhao will overcome this misunderstanding, but I'm less sure Summer will. Q might be able to help her clear her name, but if it gets out that they're possibly dating, his words won't mean a thing. As for Bebe, she's on my list to knockout now. That was a really horrendous thing she did there. Razors on the back of the paper? Now that is extreme. I only have until the 27th to vote, so I better start putting on my gloves.

From the beginning I knew Wine's secret wouldn't be revealed until at least after she makes it into the top 10, if not until after the pageant's over because if her secret is as serious as she makes it seem, there's no way it'll come out before then.

sarNie Adult
lenlin said:
From the beginning I knew Wine's secret wouldn't be revealed until at least after she makes it into the top 10, if not until after the pageant's over because if her secret is as serious as she makes it seem, there's no way it'll come out before then.

The doctor lady makes it sound like it's not a big deal.