omg- STATE OF EMERGENCY IN BKK!!!!!!!!

`moey_

Siwon & Donghae =
LATEST

Thailand's militarys declared Thai Commander Acting Prime Minister and Declared Martial Law and revoked the Thai Consitution...

I will keep updateing with the lastest news on this...

------------------------------------------------

Thaksin forces the military to act

Former Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai told Associated Press that Thaksin had forced the military to act.

"As politicians, we do not support any kind of coup, but during the past five years, the government of Thaksin created several conditions that forced the military to stage the coup. Thaksin has caused the crisis in the country," he told The AP.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30014081

`moey_

Siwon & Donghae =
Fate of PM's men unknown ; wife in Singapore

Many politicians and those with links to caretaker prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra were spread far and wide on Tuesday night as the news of the coup broke in Bangkok.

First lady Pojaman reportedly flew to Singapore on Monday and it is not known whether Panthongtae, the family's only son, followed his mother on Tuesday night.

The whereabouts of the PM's daughters Paethongtae and Pinthongta were not known.

Thaksin is in New York at a hotel, where he has reportedly been watching the United Nations General Assembly and keeping abreast of developments here.

Many Cabinet members and other people deemed hostile by the "Council of Administrative Reform" have been detained.

Deputy prime minister Chidchai Vanasatidya and Supreme Commander Ruengroj Mahasaranont and proThaksin television host Dusit Siriwan are among them. Head of the Mass Communications Organisation of Thailand Mingkwan Saengsuwan was apprehended by anti-Thaksin troops at Channel 9 compound after it aired a statement of Thaksin, from New York, announcing a state of emergency and relieving Army commander Sonthi Boonyaratglin from his post.

Deputy Thai Rak Thai leader and caretaker Agriculture Minister Sudarat Keyuraphan reportedly flew to Paris with her family.

Defence Minister General Thamarak Isarangura na Ayutthaya reportedly escaped arrest narrowly and has fled upcountry.

PM's secretary general Prommin Lertsuridej reportedly made an unplanned landing in the Phillippines during a trip abroad while Bank of Thailand governor MR Pridiyathorn Devekula was in Singapore.

Deputy Thai Rak Thai Party leader Somsak Thepsuthin said he was shocked by last night's coup and never thought it could really happen. A number of TRT MPs may meet today at the party headquarters.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/09/20...es_30014082.php

EU calls for 'democratic order' in Thailand, tourists warned

Paris - European governments, airlines and travel companies expressed concern Tuesday at the military coup in Thailand, with the European Union demanding an immediate return to "democratic order."

Finnish Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen, whose country currently holds the rotating EU presidency, said Thailand needed to "revert to democratic order without delay."

"It is highly regrettable that democratic institutions seem to have been taken over by military force," he said in a statement.

The EU appeal came after Thailand's army chief said he had seized control in a coup and ousted controversial Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who is now in New York.

France urged some 6,000 French citizens resident in Bangkok to "stay indoors," according to the foreign ministry here.

"We are following the situation closely," the foreign ministry said in a statement, adding that hotels in Bangkok had been contacted to pass on the information to French guests.

Herman van Gelderen, spokesman for Dutch Foreign Minister Ben Bot, said the minister was "very worried" but could not comment further for want of information.

The Netherlands main airline, KLM, said it had made no changes to its flights to Bangkok for the moment, as the situation in the Thai capital appeared to be calm.

Britons traveling to Bangkok or who are already there should monitor all available information and avoid large crowds and demonstrations, the British Foreign Office said.

France's national Travel Agents union said it had set up a crisis committee and was in contact with the foreign and tourism ministries in Paris.

Rene-Marc Chikli, chairman of the Association of French Tour Operators said some 5,000 French tourists were currently on package holidays in the southeast Asian country, famous for its hill treks, nightlife and beaches.

"The situation is calm," he stressed. "Tour operators have made contact with hotels to check that tourists are safe."

The Scandinavian airline SAS said it would maintain regular services to Bangkok. "On the basis of the information we have we can do this quite safely," Jens Langergaard of SAS-Denmark told AFP.

He noted that SAS had served Thailand in times of crisis before and had not encountered any problems.

A spokesman for Finnair told the Finnish news agency FNB that the company was "constantly monitoring the situation", adding: "For now everything is operating normally."

Thailand's armed forces said Tuesday they had ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in a bloodless coup and imposed martial law to restore order after months of political turmoil.

Troops and tanks surrounded the offices of Thaksin, who was out of the country at the United Nations, while military leaders said they had suspended the constitution and the government.

Agence France Presse

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/09/20...es_30014083.php

NongMam05

sarNie Egg
that thai military is trying to oust the prime minister thaksin shinawatra... who is currently in new york right now

`moey_

Siwon & Donghae =
Bangkok streets empty after army coup By JOCELYN GECKER, Associated Press Writer

BANGKOK, Thailand - Bangkok's bustling streets emptied out early Wednesday from shopping stalls to red light districts after word spread that the military had launched a coup against Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and imposed martial law.

ADVERTISEMENT

Foreigners clustered in tourist areas, trying to make sense of the latest twist in Thailand's political crisis as bars closed early and sent many into the streets in the rain.

Across Bangkok, Thais trickled out onto barren streets, welcoming the surprise turn as a necessary climax to months of demands for Thaksin to resign amid allegations of corruption, electoral skullduggery and a worsening Muslim insurgency in the south.

Few seemed disappointed.

A few dozen Thais raced over to the prime minister's office to take pictures of tanks surrounding the area.

"This is exciting. Someone had to do this. It's the right thing," said Somboon Sukheviriya, 45, software developer snapping pictures of the armored vehicles with his cell phone.

"There's no blood. Everyone is on their side," Somboon said, pointing to the troops.

One woman handed out roses to soldiers at military headquarters, and other onlookers took a collection to buy food for them.

Soldiers guarded major intersections and tanks rolled through downtown Bangkok ahead of the late evening announcement, warning people to get off streets for their safety.

Bar girls in one of Bangkok's normally teeming red light districts tried to tune the televisions above the bar to the news. Most channels suspended programming ahead of the coup announcement, while the military took control of government run stations. File footage of revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej was broadcast on all stations, interspersed with announcements signed by military chief Gen. Sondhi Boonyaratkalin that the armed forces had taken control.

"Tomorrow, I'm not sure what's going to happen," said Mon Kamon, a 28-year-old bartender in hoop earrings and tight jeans at a bar called Playskool. "A long time ago, Thailand had problems. People died. I don't want problems." He was alluding to past military coups in this Southeast Asian nation that had resulted in bloodshed.

Most bars closed ahead of their 2 a.m. closing time because the tourists who fill them cleared out early.

"After happy hour ended at 10. Everyone left," said Mon.

Across town at Khao San Road, the popular backpacker's district, bars closed amid confusion. Many tourists had no idea what was going on.

"They just told us that to protect tourists they were going to close down," said Pascal Lehner of Berne, Switzerland, who was sitting at a bar when he saw all the Thais rush to a television set.

Many phoned home to let family know everything was all right.

"My mother was hysterical on the phone, but I told her not to worry, it's all right," said 30-year-old Diane McDonald of Ayshire, Scotland.

Laura Dyer, a 23-year-old flight attendant from Canada, landed just before the coup was declared.

"I called home to tell my family we had arrived safely," she said. "I talked to my father, he said 'Do you know what's going on there?' We said 'No, we don't have a clue.'"

Like so many in Thailand, Dyer wondered, "What's going to happen next?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/thailand_coup_scene
___

I think its over???? im not sure.. :wacko:

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
I'M SO CONFUSED!!!! WHAT'S HAPPENING!!! I READ ALL THE POSTS BUT STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!!
SOME ONE HELP PLEASE!

madeph

sarNie Juvenile
Like someone has already summed it up, i think the military/thai ppl wants the present PM to resigne because he hasn't done well as a PM, so they're surrounding his place with soldiers and whatnot to make a statement. Correct me if im wrong.

`moey_

Siwon & Donghae =
Like someone has already summed it up, i think the military/thai ppl wants the present PM to resigne because he hasn't done well as a PM, so they're surrounding his place with soldiers and whatnot to make a statement. Correct me if im wrong.

thats correct.. just like

madeph said.. the military and thai people.. wants PM Thaksin to resign.. but hes stubborn to do soo.. so I guess they have to take it back the hard way.. :wacko:

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
I don't watch the news but he must be that bad if the military had to go to such lenghts. Even my thai teacher is supporting the MP's resignition.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Thai ppl wants PM Thaksin to resign from office . A couple months ago ppl was protesting for him to step down but he refuse so dat y military is use . He acutally very very rich before he became a PM in Thai . He own dis large celluar phone company and stuff .

misszaky

sarNie Hatchling
I understand fully to whats happening in Thailand. The military there is very brave to staged an coup or however you call it. Something like that will never happen in the US even though dubya or pres. bush is doing an horrible job. From what I heard PM Thaksin used the country's check and balance to benefit his family company. A man like that should be ousted

vallapa

sarNie Egg
Don't worry. Right now, it's a peaceful between soldier and people. No guns were used.

I have been following the news since 9 am (PST) this morning.
I am one of those who are against Taksin so I pay a lot of attention to this situation.

My family in Thailand is fine. Nothing happens to them.

I am satisfied that finally the army do something to take down Taksin...

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
Question??? Is Thaksin the telecommuniation tycoon right?? I thought he resigned???
Good to hear that things seem to be under control. My aunt is going to Thailand tomorrow morning. Don't know if she's canceling her plans after what has happen.

lil_beckie

sarNie Adult
Question??? Is Thaksin the telecommuniation tycoon right?? I thought he resigned???
Good to hear that things seem to be under control. My aunt is going to Thailand tomorrow morning. Don't know if she's canceling her plans after what has happen.
Yeah Thaksin is the telecommuniation tycoon.From what i know he sort of resigned earlier this year but he was suppose to be "care taker" prime minister until another election in November (correct me if i'm wrong) :)

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
just get taksin out muahahha no one likes him really lol leave him in england or maybe bring him back and prosoucte him like they said man