Nero burning error

OnlyU

sarNie Elites
Hi Help please. I have used up 4 dis already and couldn't burn an episode. Everytime I tried to burn something I got this error "Power Calibration Error" I'm using Nero to burn. Does anyone know why I get this and how can I fix it? Please help. Thank you very much

OnlyU

sarNie Elites
Thanks Darvil. I tried what the site said but doesn't seem to work. I dunno what else to do....

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
I had the same problem as you did. I tried burning different blank cd-rs; I have 5 different brands lol (Phillips, Sony, HP, Fuji, TDK, and Maxell) with 3 different programs, still got the same error. In the end, the problem is your CD Drive is failing on you. Need to buy a new one. I'm sure you have local computer stores around your town, it's better to buy it there than rather at Best Buy or Circuit City... save you some money. I bought it for $25 and it worked for me.

Hope that helps.

sambathm

sarNie Egg
I had the same problem as you did. I tried burning different blank cd-rs; I have 5 different brands lol (Phillips, Sony, HP, Fuji, TDK, and Maxell) with 3 different programs, still got the same error. In the end, the problem is your CD Drive is failing on you. Need to buy a new one. I'm sure you have local computer stores around your town, it's better to buy it there than rather at Best Buy or Circuit City... save you some money. I bought it for $25 and it worked for me.

Hope that helps.
If you have the error reading from the cdwr or dvdrw, such as nero application. Try to reinstall and/or update the error message, carefully read the instruction. Some of the files of .exe may apply on certain of the installation. Be sure to uncheck the ISO exe when installing the ahead nero...what version do you use?

i hope i can help

OnlyU

sarNie Elites
Thanks Exp I had to buy a new one. I figured it's getting old and I have been burning almost everything on that burner. Thanks for everyone's help.

CrazC4u

sarNie Egg
Wanna add something. Its best to burn at a slower rate than to burn it at its max. So if you have a 32x CD-RW drive than its best to burn at a 24x or lower. Eventho its slow but it save time later than those Buffer UnderRun error.

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
Thanks Exp I had to buy a new one. I figured it's getting old and I have been burning almost everything on that burner. Thanks for everyone's help.
Now it works? :rolleyes: I told you so. lol

It was a big pain in the rear when it happened to me. sambathm, I never use the Rewritables, I don't like them.

Cee

sarNie Hatchling
I Need Help!!!
I Dont Know What The PRoblem Is SO Please Help Me. I Was Burning 4 EPisodes Of a Series On To DVD and It Fits Perfectly Leaving Some Memories Left Over That I Can Put Like Another Episode On (500mb or so) But While It Was Burning Like Towards The End Of The Episodes, Its Suddenly Stops Burning... I Tried It With Other Different Episode I Have And It DOes The Same It Stops and Freezes..So what should i do???

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
What's your computer specification? Either something in your computer taking all the RAM and CPU usage or you're burner just suck.

Btw, Can you burn a complete Audio CD?

Tips:

Its best to NOT do anything on your computer while burning esp. if you're burning a movie.

Scan to see if you have any adware/spyware becus those can eat up your memory n CPU.

Do a Disk Clean-Up. After that, DEFRAG the hard-drive.

Cee

sarNie Hatchling
What's your computer specification? Either something in your computer taking all the RAM and CPU usage or you're burner just suck.

Btw, Can you burn a complete Audio CD?

Tips:

Its best to NOT do anything on your computer while burning esp. if you're burning a movie.

Scan to see if you have any adware/spyware becus those can eat up your memory n CPU.

Do a Disk Clean-Up. After that, DEFRAG the hard-drive.
Nope notthing eating up the memory....disk clean up is it going to delete my hard-drive?

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Nope notthing eating up the memory....disk clean up is it going to delete my hard-drive?
NO. Disk Clean-Up just clean your hard-drive of junks (i.e. temporary internet files, junks in the recycling bin, etc.).

Just click on START. Then ACCESSORIES. Then SYSTEM TOOLS. After that, click DISK CLEAN-UP.

Do the same thing with DISK DEFRAGMENTER.

Cee

sarNie Hatchling
NO. Disk Clean-Up just clean your hard-drive of junks (i.e. temporary internet files, junks in the recycling bin, etc.).

Just click on START. Then ACCESSORIES. Then SYSTEM TOOLS. After that, click DISK CLEAN-UP.

Do the same thing with DISK DEFRAGMENTER.

how long this disk defragment take??? ryte now its been 8 hours so far and it finish but it defragted again so uhhh what this thing suppose to do and what should i do?