need help joining sub

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
not sure if i should post this in the office or here, but i had problems joining my sub with my vid....though i did name my vid and sub the same and put in one folder, it won't show the sub. and when i join them using AVI Recomp, it keeps giving me errors......(note: this sub i create myself)...when i join a real movie with sub, it came out fine, but when i join my own sub with my own vid, it keeps giving me errors...how can i fix the problem?

fun

Expired Sarnie
not sure if i should post this in the office or here, but i had problems joining my sub with my vid....though i did name my vid and sub the same and put in one folder, it won't show the sub. and when i join them using AVI Recomp, it keeps giving me errors......(note: this sub i create myself)...when i join a real movie with sub, it came out fine, but when i join my own sub with my own vid, it keeps giving me errors...how can i fix the problem?

i have the same problem too... i was subbing benja keta kwam ruk theme song but it wont play after i subbed it... so i wasted 20 minutes of my life and i dont think i want to continue with the lakorn because i am only about 45 percent sure of what i am doing... so i guess it wont be subbed unless someone else is willing...

sarN

sarNie Granny
why won't u just do soft sub ?? like those k-drama where u d/l the vdo and den the sub and they play both in Gom or Media classic player .

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Are you guys playing it with WMP? if so, you need to have vobsub plug-in to make the subtitles show up. I'm not sure if I understand your question entirely though. Do you mean, you want the videos with the subtitles in one? If so, you need a program like virtual dub to join the subtitles with the video. You can get virtual dub and the vsfilter (vobsub plug-in) when you google it because its a freeware.

SunStar

sarNie Elites
i'm having the same problem too... i do have VobSub installed and has watched hundreds of series in the past with soft subs...

the problem:

i used Subtitle Workshop to create subs for a short clip for my sisters....got everything done and saved it as .SRT extension... labled it the same as the video and when i click on the video, the subs are loading like the korean or chinese ones... SO... do i need to get some sort of program to sync the subs to the video???

it works in when playing in Subtitle Workshop, but not in winamp or wmp player...

cecilia

Staff member
this is how i do mine.
01. when you are subbing .. make sure to use only subtitle workshop program to do soft sub .. make sure to save it to srt file. otherwise, you can save it as ssa file and resync the sub later with VOBSUB, which is super easy to fix too.

02. to make soft sub and raw vdo file into a hardsub vdo file. you need to do it through Xvideo Converter w/VOBSUB plugin or VIRTUAL DUB w/SUBTITLER plugin.

03. BUT TO SAVE TIME AND EVERYTHING .. I would suggest use CONVERTX something program to convert it into dvd to be hassle free of those problem. I'VE done it before and my best choice is to use this program, unless you're on your last resort and can't work anything out, then use XVIDEO CONVER and VIRTUAL dub to hardsub it or nero program.