Need help figuring something out.

Iya

sarNie Adult
i've been wondering what a certain is called for a long time. what is that metal basket thing called, the one where you use to bring food to the temple or to work when you bring food from home (only in Asian country though). it usually comes with a few bowls that you can stack atop of one another and a carried where you stack it on so you can carry it around. does anyone know what it's called?

Iya

sarNie Adult
thanks you. for some reason, i thought there was different name for it. does it have a different name for the one you use at home and ones you use for occasions like going to the temple?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
The ones that sometimes have carvings on it on the outside? Yeah those are bento's also, but when a Thai person pronounce it it may sound like "binto" or "Pinto"

Iya

sarNie Adult
ahh. that's why. also, because i'm Cambodian, my mom always say sa'ra ans my friend called it something else in english. when i went to a water festival last summer, i heard some Thai speaking people calling it something else. so it's natural i'm so confuse. lol. thanks for helping. :)