My Car...My BaBy!!!

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
:lmao: $1500-$2000 for a rebuilt transmission... :lmao:

Skool is coming up in 2 weeks...no time to wait...Transmission Slipping...SO MUCH MONEY...I almost fainted right after I gave the word to do the work! :lmao:

You guys got car problems?

used to. i had a landrover freelander, & her transmission failed right after the warranty ended. the mileage was pretty low, but there's been lots of news from landrover freelander owners at edmunds.com having the same problems with theirs. so not a very reliable car. about $5000 for the fix. -_-

i had to sell her. :lmao:

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
OMG $5000...thats another car (used car that is). I drive a 97 Honda Civic and the millage on my car is only 117000 miles. It's not even that much...I hate car problems...I guess my transmissions been slipping for a while now along with the check engine light on. I kinda just held it off because it wasn't slipping all the time...only when the car gets really hot or when I'm stopped at a hill.

I thought about just getting a used transmission and doing a swap but there's no guarantee on that...so I say f*ck it.

wha! :eek: i just bought my brother a '98 civic for $3000. it has about 131,000 miles on it.

transmission & engine trouble are ugly stuff. -_-

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Yeah...I didn't want to throw away my car or sell it! I bought mine abuot 4 years ago for $5600 when it was at 97000 miles.

judyp

sarNie Adult
eeek. mileage on my car is high! 2003 avalon with 111k!! geesh. most of it is from commuting in town though. my car problem isn't as major as yours. i need to get my ac belt lubricated or changed. it squeaks everytime the ac is one and its pretty annoying. and then i need an oil change soon. and also i need to get my rotors changed. i hate car problems as well..it makes me depressed. :(

cecilia

Staff member
wow. you guys travel far and alot ..

the car problems i have is that i constantly hit my car with other things.
i end up having it repair here and there 100-500 too.
i did much damages to my car more than i wear out from traveling. Lol
i still need to replace the hood and last time i check, it'll cost me around 2k to get the scratches fix too :p

oh wait. i was once suppose to have my brake fix, but i didn't do it on time, keep running on the thing and finally decide to have it change, end up paying them technician $300 for fixing my it-- as well as the broken windshield, it was loose, didn't get it fix. when the time come, i end up paying the labor fee and a replacement for the wiper far more than i could get at retail store. suck ..

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
you guys could take it to me and supply just the parts :wub: I'd dooo it! Lol; I'm experimenting and learning different things.. ^___-" my latest was learning how to weld a exhaust lmao; well catalytic converter

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
you guys could take it to me and supply just the parts :wub: I'd dooo it! Lol; I'm experimenting and learning different things.. ^___-" my latest was learning how to weld a exhaust lmao; well catalytic converter
Omg Tina you work on cars...your the first Asian girl that i've hard that does car stuff...lolz...well my boyfriend knows how to do most of the stuff...he messes with cars alot too...like he does all the simple stuff in taking care of my car and his own. Like he does oil changes, brakes, radiators and what not and installs a whole bunch of useless stuff on his car. But yeah the swap that I was thinking about doing...he was gonna do it but i didn't trust the used transmission.

What would you guys have done swap in a used transmission for $425 yourself or pay $1500-$2000 for a rebuild???

My heart is still suffering....sooo much money...and I don't work either!!!

wow. you guys travel far and alot ..

the car problems i have is that i constantly hit my car with other things.
i end up having it repair here and there 100-500 too.
i did much damages to my car more than i wear out from traveling. Lol
i still need to replace the hood and last time i check, it'll cost me around 2k to get the scratches fix too tongue.gif

oh wait. i was once suppose to have my break fix, but i didn't do it on time, keep running on the thing and finally decide to have it change, end up paying them technician $300 for fixing my break -- as well as the broken windshield, it was loose, didn't get it fix. when the time come, i end up paying the labor fee and a replacement for the wiper far more than i could get at retail store. suck ..
Omg i would kill myself if constantly hit my car with other things lolz...replace the hood? you drive a convertible...sweeettt...damn 2 k to fix scratches? you know if it's not that bad you can go buy kits at the store and fix it yourself...buff it out or something like that...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Omg Tina you work on cars...your the first Asian girl that i've hard that does car stuff...lolz...well my boyfriend knows how to do most of the stuff...he messes with cars alot too...like he does all the simple stuff in taking care of my car and his own. Like he does oil changes, brakes, radiators and what not and installs a whole bunch of useless stuff on his car. But yeah the swap that I was thinking about doing...he was gonna do it but i didn't trust the used transmission.

What would you guys have done swap in a used transmission for $425 yourself or pay $1500-$2000 for a rebuild???

My heart is still suffering....sooo much money...and I don't work either!!!
Omg i would kill myself if constantly hit my car with other things lolz...replace the hood? you drive a convertible...sweeettt...damn 2 k to fix scratches? you know if it's not that bad you can go buy kits at the store and fix it yourself...buff it out or something like that...
Yes ma'am my husband teaches me. There are some stuff I knew how to do before him lol just basic stuff like oil change tire changes and etc but after I met him I learned how to work with some of the harder things as long as there are tools available; He and I have been thinking about doing an engine rebuild ^__-" right now we're planning to drop a honda civic dx engine into a new shell lol _^--^-" hahah most people look at me and don't think i know much about cars, but I'm pretty educated about some things when it comes to repairs

I think i would pay the mechanics becuase im lazy -.-" but doing it yourself is somewhat the same

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Yes ma'am my husband teaches me. There are some stuff I knew how to do before him lol just basic stuff like oil change tire changes and etc but after I met him I learned how to work with some of the harder things as long as there are tools available; He and I have been thinking about doing an engine rebuild ^__-" right now we're planning to drop a honda civic dx engine into a new shell lol _^--^-" hahah most people look at me and don't think i know much about cars, but I'm pretty educated about some things when it comes to repairs

I think i would pay the mechanics becuase im lazy -.-" but doing it yourself is somewhat the same
Wow...planning to rebuild and engine huh...too bad you live to far...you and your husband would be handy right about now...lolz...my boyfriends sister's engine blew up after driving to california. They didn't check her oil level and pretty much drove it to kali dry. Since she never changes her oil. But yeah so now her car is just sitting...and they are planning to swap her engine since no one knows how to do a rebuild and no one wants to pay for a mechanic...Who knows how they are gonna do that...trail and error they say.

I know how to change tires and i have an idea on how to change oil...but im too weak...can't get the bolt out lolz...!

Doing things your self saves alot of money...Labor cost is a B*tch...my boyfriend works a Baxter's AutoParts...so he gets good discounts on stuff. Need anything? hahaha..we don't have tax over here either...lolz ;)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
^__-" Haha we get a 20 percent discount and some 35 percent discount and some auto stores in Dallas :lol: we're only planning this rebuild because he found this shell he fell in love with :loool: so he has to have it as a car lmao