My Bratty Assistant

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
when he was about to strangle her, raising his hand and made it to a fist... all i could see is chen in oum ruk! haha!

suksuk

sarNie Hatchling
Funny I keep imagining Aum as Dennis. Guess the BBK virus is in me. Hehehehe!!!
I think most of us do have that virus running through our heads. :D

Will try to update soon. ^_^

suksuk

sarNie Hatchling
Here's a quick update!

Chapter 7

Dennis pulled his car in front of Ann’s apartment. They stepped out of the car at the same time. Dennis stood by his car for a moment and looked around.

Ann glanced at Dennis guessing what he was thinking. She assumed he must think she live in a poor part of the city. It was true, but where she live wasn’t too bad. But she didn’t care what he thinks of her.

“In case you were wondering, yes, this is where we poor people live.” Ann said dryly.

Dennis frowned at her comment. He didn’t think it was that bad. Yes, the neighborhood looks like it can use a little clean up, but her apartment doesn’t look too bad.

“Ann?”

“Hi, mom.” She greeted her mom with a smile.

Dennis walked over and greets Mrs. Thongprasom. “Hi, I’m Dennis O’Neil, Ann’s boss.” He smiled warmly.

“Nice to meet you.” Mrs. Thongprasom returned a smile. “Would you like to come inside for something to drink?”

“No, mother…” Ann started to protest.

“I love to!” Dennis quickly said cutting Ann off. Ann shot him a dark look and all he did was wink at her and followed her mom inside.

Ann went to the kitchen to get Dennis something to drink while Dennis and her mom sat in the living room talking. Ann wasn’t too happy about having Dennis in her house.

“You have a lovely house.” Dennis smiled as he looked around the room.

“I am sure it’s nothing like your house.”

Ann was in the kitchen pouring some orange juice in a glass for Dennis. She stared at the salt container with an evil grin. ‘A little salt will make this the perfect drink!’ She poured the salt in the glass with the juice and stirred it before taking it to Dennis.

“Not even close, mom.” Ann said after hearing what Dennis had just said about her house. Both Dennis and Mrs. Thongprasom looked up. Ann walked in the room and placed a glass of juice in front of Dennis. “In fact, this room is the size of his bathroom.” She said dryly.

“Is that so?” Dennis arched his brow. “Since when did you see my bathroom?”

“I didn’t need to see to know.” She said flatly.

“Ann.” Her mother tugged on her arm.

Dennis smiled. “It’s alright, Mrs. Thongprasom.” Dennis reached for the glass and Ann’s eyes light up waiting for him to drink it. But he stopped. “By the way, I am surprise that Ann doesn’t know how to drive.”

Ann rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Mrs. Thongprasom frowned. “She likes to, but she hadn’t the time.”

“We are not rich and couldn’t afford a car and beside it’s none of your business.” Ann said harshly.

“Ann!” Mrs. Thongprasom gasped. “I am sorry for my daughter behavior.”

“It’s quite alright. I am use to it.”

“Good, drink your juice and let get back to work.”

Mrs. Thongprasom was not very please with her daughter.

Ann watched as Dennis reached for the juice and drank it. Dennis eyes widened as the salty juice hit his mouth. He didn’t know if he should spit it out or swallow it. But to spit it out would be rude so he tried his hardest to swallow it.

“What’s wrong?” Mrs. Thongprasom asked with a frowned. “Something wrong with the drink?”

Dennis glanced at Ann who was trying to contain herself from laughing out loud. He shot her a dark gaze. Putting down the drink, he cleared his throat and coughs a few times.

“The drink is fine.” He choked out. “It tastes like the person who serves it, sour and salty.” He glanced at Ann.

Catching his meaning, Ann became angry. “Why don’t you finish it?” She smiled.

“No thank you. I am more into sweet taste.” He smiled and stood up. He turned to Mrs. Thongprasom. “It was nice meeting you and thank you for inviting me in.”

Mrs. Thongprasom stood up and shook his hand. “Nice to meet you, too. Please forgive my daughter. I know she could be a little stubborn, but I know she’s a good worker. Please give her a chance.” Dennis nodded and walked toward the door.

“I’ll see you later, mom.” Ann hugged her mother and followed Dennis out.

When they got to the car, Dennis stopped and turned to Ann. “I’ll get you later for that salty drink you served me.” Ann just sighed. He held the door open from the driver side. “Let see if you can drive as good as you can argue.”

Ann scowled and get in the car. Dennis slammed the door behind her and walked to the passenger side and get in the car.

“Now, tell me you know what the steering wheel does and where the gas and brake pedals are.”

A black scowl crossed Ann’s face. “No, I don’t know because I am that stupid!”

“That’s not a surprise.” He said dryly. “Are you done playing?” He turned to her. “We already waste too much time.”

Ann held back her tongue stopping herself from getting in another argument with him. Just take a deep breath and drive, well, at least try to and be done with. She started up the car knowing it will be a long day with him.

Later that night Ann went out with her friend to the club for a drink. After that driving lesson, she thought she could use a drink or two.

“So, your mom told me you got a driver license!”

“You did?” Amy asked in surprised. Ann nodded. “Wow, that was fast.”

“And that was why I need this drink.” Ann said dryly.

“Your mom told me your boss personally teaches you how to drive.” Pat grinned.

“I nearly got kill because of him.”

“What do you mean?” Asked Amy.

“He kept yelling at me as if I was trying to kill him. Every stop sign we came across, he yelled out ‘Slow down!’ and I was only going 50 mph.” She threw up her hand with a sigh. “I get no break at all and he made me go get a written test and the minute they stamp ‘PASS’ on it, he dragged me to the other line for the driving test!”

“I guess he was determined to get you that driver’s license.”

“At least now you have a driver’s license.” Amy said brightly.

“I don’t know.” Ann sighed loudly. “I’ve only work for him a week and he is driving me crazy.”

“I knew it!” Pat suddenly said. “You are ready to give up?”

“Are you serious, Ann?” Amy tugged on her arm.

“As much as I like to, but to quiet now would be stupid. I need to hold out at least three months.”

“Not that again. Even if you hold out three months, he still has to fire you before you can collect money.”

“Yes and that’s the easy part.” Ann smiled brightly. “Enough about me, I heard you are seeing someone?” Ann grinned.

Amy blushed and looked down at her drink.

“Are you going to tell us who this lucky guy is?” Pat asked hoping Amy would give out name.

“It’s nothing serious.” She said shyly. “We have only gone out a few times and…”

“What is his name?” Pat asked moving to the other side of Amy.

“Jason.”

“That’s a nice name. Jason what?”

“Hmmm…Jason, huh?” Ann mumbled. “His name sound familiar.” She wrinkled her eyes. Before she could thought about it farther, her cell phone rang. “Oh, it’s my mom. I’ll be right back.” Ann walked out of the club to take the call.

shachibasha

psychotic
yay you updated! lol thats was so funny how ann put salt in dennis's drink lol wahh and i thought jason would like ann or sumthing

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
it's so funny when ann put salt in his drink.. lucky he's still fine with it.. or he have other things in mind to revenge for what she did...hehe...

suksuk

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks for reading, ladies!! ^_^ I will try to update as much as I could or as fast as I could. :p

Chapter 8

That night Ann got home very late. It was a one time thing for her to be out very late with her friends and she was half drunk. When she got home, all she wants was to find her bed and sleep. Just when she was about to falls asleep, her mom knock on her door and peeks in.

“Ann, honey, there’s a message for on your nightstand.”

“Mmmm…” Ann moaned from her pillow.

“It’s important.”

“Hmm..okay…”

After her mom left, Ann never got to the message. She was too tired and didn’t want to read any message. All she wants was to sleep and not think about anything.

It was mid morning when Ann stirred. Her mother came into the room to wake her. She opened the window and let a bright sunlight shine in. Ann immediately covered her face with the blanket.

“Ann, honey, it’s late. You should get up.” Her mother pulled the cover off of her.

“Mom, just five more minutes.” She moaned and turned over to her side away from the sunlight.

“No, you need to get up. Your cell phone had been ringing all morning.” She pulled the cover away from Ann again. She grabbed Ann’s hand and pulled her up.

“Mom…”

“Ann, get up.”

“Alright.” She sat up. “I’m up, mother.”

“Good, now you need to check your phone. It could be important.” She walked toward the door and turned back to her daughter. “Oh, did you check your message I left you?” Ann frowned with puzzlement. “You didn’t. It’s on your nightstand.”

“Thanks.”

After her mother left, Ann reached for the note on the nightstand. She lay back down on her bed and held the note up in front of her. Her eyes widened and she immediately sat up on her bed. Rubbing her eyes making sure she wasn’t seeing thing. She looked at the clock and back at the note. ‘Damn!’ She shot out of bed and into the bathroom.

About twenty minutes later, Ann come flying to the living room.

“Mom, why didn’t you wake me sooner?” She said to her mother while putting on her shoes.

“I did. What is it?”

“Work.” She quickly said and ran over to give her mom a quick kiss on the cheek before rushing out of the house. “I’ll talk to you later.” She yelled back to her mom.

Thirty minutes later, Ann pulled her car up in front of Dennis’s house. She quickly rushed inside the living room. She could see Dao and two women she doesn’t know standing before Dennis. Dennis appeared to be yelling and the minute Ann walked in the room went silent. Dennis’s eyes shot dragger at her before turning back to Dao.

“Go back to the office and have those files ready.”

Dao nodded and quickly made her way toward the door. She stopped by Ann and gave her a brief frown before exiting the room. The remaining two women also excused themselves leaving Ann alone in the room with Dennis.

Ann swallowed nervously and slowly took a step forward.

“Where have you been?!” He barked. Ann stopped and stiffened. “Did you not get my message? There is a reason why I gave you that phone!”

“Sorry, but…”

“No excuses!” He cut her off. “And where are the files I ask for you to bring with?”

“Files?” She stared up with puzzlement. Her eyes widened as she realized she had forgot about them.

Dennis sighed angrily and shook his head. “Unbelievable!” He slummed down in the chair.

Ann bit her lower lip not knowing what to do and afraid to say anything. She knew he was angry at her and didn’t feel like arguing with him. Her head was already pounding from drinking last night.

“Like I said I am sorry. I didn’t expect you to call me in to work on Saturday.” She said calmly. “It is my day off and the least you could do is not put the blame on me.”

Dennis busted out laughing. “Are you serious?” Ann scowled and suddenly became very irritated with him. “You are my employee!” He stood up and gave her a dark look. “You work for me and answering my call is part of your job! I thought I made that clear.”

“I guess not.” She mumbled.

“You have a problem with this?” His eyes narrowed.

Clenching her hands, she could not take it. She refused to stand there and let him win because she knew it wasn’t her fault. The least he could do was be reasonable about the situation.

She swallowed hard and lifted her chin. “Yes, I have a problem with them.” Dennis arched his brow. “I will not argue that you are my employer, but you are being unreasonable and too demanding.”

“Excuse me?” Dennis couldn’t believe what he had just heard.

“That’s right!” She said standing her ground. “If you would just be a little more patient, we…”

“Patient?!” He snapped. Ann shrinks back. “I don’t have time to be patient.”

“That is your problem. You only care about yourself and what you want.”

He took two long steps and was inches away from her. “You are my assistant,” he said with his eyes burning into hers. “You will do as I say. If you don’t like it, there is the door.” He pointed his finger toward the door while his eyes remain lock with hers.

It was very tempting for Ann to walk out of that door, but she couldn’t. If she chooses to quite now, it’s like letting him win. She didn’t know what to do and she was too stubborn to apologize.

She let out a deep breath and frowned as she looked down to the floor. Dennis lowered his hand feeling frustrated with Ann. He didn’t have to deal with her and all he had to do was fire her, but yet he couldn’t bring himself up to do it.

“I take it you didn’t want to quite.” He finally said stepping back. “If you want to keep your job, don’t let this happen again.” He said calmly. “You need to work on this tardiness.” Ann opened her mouth to argue, but decided to keep it shut. “Are we clear?”

Feeling defeated, she slowly nodded.

“Alright, good.” He turned toward the chair. Ann made face and stick out her tongue at him. She stopped when he turned to her and she quickly replaced it with a smile. “Don’t smile just yet.” He said flatly. “I am having my clients over for dinner tonight. I need you to get this place ready.”

Ann quickly wrote down what she need. “What about food?”

“You need to come up with that.” Ann frowned, but wrote down that as well. “There will about at least thirty guests.”

“You want this outside or inside event?”

“You can decide that.” He said and grabbed his things. “I will be back later to check on things.” He walked toward the door. “I trust that you will get these done by dinner.”

“Sure thing, boss.” She said dryly.

“Dao should be here later to help you. She also got the list of the guests.”

Dennis left without waiting for her to response. Ann stood there looking over her lists and didn’t know where to begin.

“Great! There goes my whole weekend!” She said while taking out her cell phone as she dialed her friend’s number. “Amy, are you busy? Great! I need your help and get Pat as well.”

In less than an hour Amy and Pat showed up to help Ann plan for the dinner party. Almost everything is ready to go when Dennis showed up. It was a long day and Ann was exhausted and she hasn’t eaten anything all day.

Dennis was not alone when he showed up. A woman was with him and with her arm wrapped around Dennis’s arm she walked proudly beside him.

“Hey, that’s Poo Priya.” Pat said leaning close to Ann. “Oh my, and who is that handsome young man behind them?” Pat giggled.

“Err…we are done here, right?” Amy quickly said. Ann nodded. Amy grabbed Pat’s arm. “C’mon, we should leave.” Pat frowned.

“Thanks for coming to help me, but I couldn’t take all the credit that you two did here.” Ann started. “His majesty probably questions why I managed to get everything together in such a short time.” She said dryly glancing at Dennis who was walking toward them.

“His majesty?” Pat chuckled.

“No problem, but I just remember I have something to get done.” Amy said quickly. “C’mon Pat.”

Pat stared at Ann with puzzlement. Ann was also confused why Amy was so eager to leave. But before they could response, Dennis approached them.

“I am impressed.” He said looking around. “You managed to do everything right this time.”

Poo moved closer to Dennis and was looking at Ann up and down as if trying to figure out who Ann was. She doesn’t look to please with Ann.

“If you weren’t too blind with your power, you would have notice a lot of things.” She said dryly.

Amy eyes widen and Pat’s jaw dropped in shock. Amy and Pat pulled Ann to the side.

“Oh my gosh, you are going to get yourself fire!” Amy hissed.

“He’s to full of himself to fire me.” Ann mumbled and glanced at Dennis who was giving her a sour look.

“I see you still couldn’t come to an agreement with your assistant?” His friend teased. Dennis sighed with annoyance.

“What kind of assistant is that to talk back to their boss?” Poo gave Ann a dirty look.

“I see I gave you too much credit.” Dennis said taking a step forward. “I assumed you called your friends to help you.”

Ann lifted her chin. “You assumed correctly and I never said I did it myself.” That comment, Ann got a pinch from Amy.

Dennis jaw tightened as he became very irritated with Ann’s attitude. But it was what she want, she want him to lose his temper in front of his friends. Well, he will not let her win.

“I don’t have time to argue with you about this nonsense.” He said as he waved his hand. “Go inside and get something for my guests to drink.”

Ann looked at both Poo and Jason. “I am sorry, but the party hasn’t started yet.” Ann simply said. Both Amy and Pat gasped. “Please excuse me; I have other duties to attend to.” Without waiting for any responses, Ann marched inside the house.

“I am sorry.” Amy quickly said to Dennis. “It’s a long day and she is exhausted.”

“Isn’t that what she get pay for?” Poo said bitterly and turned to Dennis. “You should fire her.”

Dennis didn’t response. His eyes followed Ann inside the house. Everyone could tell he was angry as he stormed in the house after Ann.

“Honestly, where did he find her?” Poo said making disgust face.

“Not the same place as you.” Pat said dryly. Poo gave Pat a dirty look for that comment.

“Amy.” Jason said with a smile. Amy returned his smile shyly and looked away. “You’re a friend of Ann?” Amy nodded.

Pat pulled Amy to the side and whispered, “You know him?”

“Err…yes, ummm…”

“I’m Jason and you?” Jason said extended his hand out to Pat.

“Jason?” Pat grinned and looked at Amy. “Nice to meet you. I’m Pat.” She took his hand.

Amy tugged on Pat’s arm. “We should go.” She pulled Pat away from Jason.

“I’ll call you later.” Jason called after Amy as he watched them get in the car and drove off.

“Oh my, I didn’t know your boyfriend was hot!” Pat smiled brightly. “And he appeared to be Dennis’s friend!”

“He’s not my boyfriend. We only date a few times.” She said shyly.

“A few times are enough for him to be your boyfriend. Gosh, wait till Ann hears about this!” She said with excitement.

“I just hope she doesn’t get fire.”

Pat frowned after remembering what Ann had said to Dennis. “Honestly, Ann still hasn’t change. She needs to control that temper of hers.” Pat shook her head. Amy nodded in agreement silently.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have to agree with Ann! Poor girl has to work on the weekend. I would be pissed off too. But who cares, she is working under Dennis. She gets to see him! LOL thanks for the update!!!

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
thank you for the update. lol. i love how both of them doesn't want to give in to the other and let them win. work on a sat. DANG. heehee amy and jason are dating :D can't wait for more.

suksuk

sarNie Hatchling
good job ann in telling aum..
^_^ I was confused as well, and wonder where did Aum come from. :lol: I think it was because of Ann's lakown with Aum (BBK).

Gosh, I am such a slacker!! I'll try to update this soon. So...sorry! ^_^

suksuk

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 9

Dennis stormed in the house looking for Ann. He found her in the kitchen examine some food on the table. He stood by the door looking at her. His gaze was filled with rage. Ann knew right there it was not a good time to argue or disobey him.

“Thongprasom!” He barked.

Ann stiffened. Now you did it, Ann. She thought to herself. As he advanced she retreated, holding out her arms as though to ward him off. “Mr. O’Neil, I…”

With two long strikes, he was right in front of her. “How dare you disobey me!” He said through clenched teeth and made a grab for her; she squealed and just managed to dash out from beneath his hand.

Ann backed up not realizing she’d backed herself into the kitchen counter. She looked around for an exit, but Dennis was blocking her only exit. He advanced forward.

“Please, Mr. O’Neil, it wasn’t my fault.” She started to protested. “You were the one who worked me all day and I am exhausted and…”

Dennis placed his hands on either side of her against the counter, leaning in close, making her stomach do flip-flops.

“So this is my fault?” He said his eyes piercing hers.

Ann leaned back as far as she could from him. She turned her head away from him so she doesn’t have to look at him. “I didn’t mean it like that.”

“I told you before and yet you still disobey me.” He paused for a moment as he stared at her. “Maybe I should punish you.” His voice suddenly changes. Ann glanced up at him.

He lowered his head, closing the distance between them with purpose in his darkening eyes. “Mr. O’Neil…”

“What’s going on here?” Poo said from the door way.

Dennis sighed in annoyance and moved away from Ann. Ann sighed in relief and quickly moved to the other side of the counter. Poo marched over and wrapped her arms around Dennis’s arm. Jason stood by the door with a grin on his face.

“You should fire her.” Poo said giving Ann a dirty look.

“Fire her? Come now, she didn’t do anything wrong.” Jason said in defend for Ann.

“If she acts this way at your party, she will scare away your clients.” Poo said to Dennis.

“As much as I like to fire her, I already pay her, so I’ll make use of her.”

Ann scowled at him feeling like she was just a material for him to use. She wanted to strangle him right there, but she had to contain herself.

“May I be excuse, boss? Because I have to get clean up before your guests arrive.” She said through gritted teeth.

“You may, but you can’t go home.”

Ann raises her eyes. “But I need to take a shower. I smell…” She started protested.

“I know.” He interrupted her. “You can do that here, upstairs.”

Poo gasped. “You can’t possibly mean!”

“I don’t have anything to change!” Ann continued.

“I already have everything pick out for you. The maid will take you to get clean up and change.”

“But…”

“No argument!” Dennis snapped. Ann became angry, but she knew she will not win this argument with him. Clenching her hands, but followed the maid out of the kitchen.

“Dennis, you honestly let her take a shower here?” She asked with disgust. “She is just a low class employee, why do you…”

“I don’t have time to argue with you, Poo.” He cut her off. “I have to get ready as well, you have my invitation, and I’ll see you later.”

“But…” She started to protest.

“Jason, can you take her home?” Jason nodded.

“But…Dennis!”

“Poo, I don’t have time for this.”

“Fine.” She said after he gave her a hard stare. “I’ll see you later.”

After Poo and Jason left, Dennis went outside and make sure everything are ready and place. Mean while, Ann was left in a room by herself. The maid showed her to the room and left. The outfit for her was on the bed. It was a simply black cocktail dress.

“I want this, and I want that.” She mumbles angrily to herself. “Hell, I don’t know if I can take more of this.” She slummed on the bed.

She was so exhausted and could barely keep her eyes open. It was a mistake to lay on the bed because she doesn’t want to get up.

It was an hour before the guests started to arrive. Dennis needs to get ready before they arrive. He hasn’t seen Ann around anywhere and went looking for her.

“Where is Ann?” He asked his maid.

“I don’t know. I show her to her room and left.”

Dennis looked at his watch and turned to his maid. “All right, I’ll go check on her. Go make sure everything is ready for the guests.” The maid nodded and left.

Dennis wondered what was keeping Ann. He marched up the stairs with irritation. The guests were going to arrive soon, he needs to get ready and Ann was no where to be found.

He stopped in front of the close door where Ann was. He didn’t bother to knock as he turned the door knob and opened the door. He scanned the room with his eyes. He stopped at the bed when he saw Ann lying on the bed. She appeared to be sleeping. He made his way to the bed.

For a long moment he stood by the bed staring down at her. She was hugging her black dress against her chest and seemed to be in deep sleep. Dennis wanted to be angry at her for slacking off, but he couldn’t help but smile down at her. She looked like a little kid fast asleep after a long day of work.

A slow wicked grin formed on his face. He could steal a kiss, it was tempting, but as much as he like they were running out of times. His guests should arrive soon.

With his hands on his hips he shouted down at her, “Thongprasom!”

Ann’s eyes flew open and saw Dennis stared down at her. She screamed and sat up holding her dress against her chest. “W-What?” She realized she felt a sleep.

“Sleeping on your job?” He leaned down at her.

Ann swallowed nervously. “S-Sorry…I didn’t think I would…err.” She stumbled on her words and didn’t know what to tell him.

With his hands on the bed he moved closer to her. “Go get readying before I change my mind and have you perform other duties instead. And trust me, I’ll surely enjoy it.” A slow, wicked smile parted his lips. Ann’s eyes widen as she catches his meaning. “Now!” He yelled after no response from her.

“Kha!” She jumped and scrambled off the bed, but didn’t get far because her foot got caught on her dress and she fell off the bed.

“Geez!” Dennis rushed to her side.

“I’m fine! I’m fine!” She scrambled up from the floor and hold out her hands. She flipped her hairs from her face so she could see him better. Dennis arched his bow. Keeping her eyes on him she quickly back up toward the bathroom. “I’ll be down soon.” She said while disappeared in the bathroom.

Dennis chuckled and head out of the room.

The guests arrived shortly after Ann had come down. Dennis was also down to greet his guests. Ann thought Dennis was extra good looking. From far away she stared, fascinated and appalled. He was devilry handsome.

As if knowing she was staring at him, Dennis glanced her way. The corner of his mouth lifted in a sardonic smile. Ann quickly looked away and walked away from her spot. She wasn’t looking where she was going so she bumped into Jason.

“Oh, oh, I’m sorry.”

“Are you all right, Ann?” Jason asked.

“I’m fine.” She smiled weakly.

With a drink in one hand he smiled at her warmly. “Nice party.” He said looking around. “You did a great job.”

“I wish a certain person would notice that.” Ann mumbled dryly.

“What was that?”

“Oh!” She smiled. “Nothing. Thank you.”

“You looked exhausted.”

“I am.” She let out a sigh. “You friend over there, doesn’t seem to think so. He thinks I am a machine.” She said pouting.

Jason chuckled. “He can get like that with his employee, but he’s a nice guy.”

“I beg the differ.” She said flatly.

“Dennis, khaaa…you should let your employee standing around and do nothing when there is lots of works need to be done.” Poo said.

Poo and Dennis were walking toward Ann and Jason. Poo had her arms around Dennis’s arm.

“My glass is empty,” Poo held out her glass to Ann. “Go refill for me.” Ann just stared at the glass for a moment. “Well?! You are one of the workers; don’t think you are a guest here. Get to work and get me another drink.”

Feeling irritated and tired, Ann smiled and said, “Excuse me, but this party is for Mr. O’Neil’s clients. Are you his client?” Poo’s face flamed. “Oh wait, maybe you are.” She claps her hands together. “After all, Mr. O’Neil is known to be a womanizer and it would be a bit surprise if you received…”

“Shut up!” Poo barked. She turned to Dennis. “Dennis, are you just going to stand there and let this…this…” She looked at Ann with disgust. “Ugly b*tch talk to me this way?”

Dennis was very irritated. “I don’t have time for this nonsense.” He pulled away from Poo and called for his driver. “See that Poo gets home safely.”

“Huh?” Poo looked at Dennis with confusion.

Dennis turned to Ann. “I’ll deal with you later.” He gave her a dark look and left. Poo ran after him.

Ann didn’t like that way Dennis said and the way he looked at her when he said he’ll deal with her later. She turned to Jason when he chuckled.

“Glad someone is having a good time.” She said dryly.

“It’s nothing. I am glad that Dennis found his match.” He grinned.

“You mean, Poo?” She said looking after Dennis and Poo. “They are made for each other.” She continued.

“That was not who I was talking about.”

Ann rolled her eyes and walked away. “I don’t even want to hear what you have to say.”

Jason followed her. “Why not? I think you and…”

“Don’t say it!” She stopped and cut him off. “By the way, shouldn’t you be calling Amy?” Jason frowned. “I know about you two. The way you look at her.”

Jason smiled shyly. “You do?”

“Amy is one of my best friends and since you are that man’s friend, I have little trust in you.” She complained and continued on walking.

“Nice to hear Amy has a good friend like you.”

Ann turned to him. “If you ever hurt her, you’ll have me to answer to.” She warned him. “Anyway, I got to get back to work and help clean up. I can see my boss is throwing daggers at me with his eyes.” She said glancing at Dennis. Jason could also see Dennis was watching them. Jason chuckled and watched Ann disappeared into the house.

It was a long night and after all the guests were gone, Ann excused herself to go change before she heads home. She went back to the guest room and change.

When Ann was done changing, she walked toward the door. When she opened the door, Dennis was reaching for the door knob the same time. They stood there staring at each other for a moment. Ann quickly took a step back into the room. She continued to step back when Dennis entered the room.

“W-What do you want?”

“We need to talk.” He simply said.

“Can’t this wait till Monday?” Ann protested. Dennis shook his head. “Oh c’mon!” Ann threw up her hands. “I have been here all day and it’s not even my day to work!”

“Stop complaining. I thought I made it clear that you’ll work when I tell you to work.”

Ann opened her mouth to argue, but decided to not. “All right, what is the problem now? What did I do?”

“Thank you.”

Ann frowned. She didn’t know how to react to what he had just said. Her eyes narrowed wondered if it was a trick.

Dennis smiled. “Don’t look so surprised. I do know how to ‘thank you’. My clients were impressed and me as well of how you handle the situation. I wasn’t able to attend to all my clients and you were there to entertain them.”

“Does that mean I will get a raise?” She suddenly asked. Dennis stared at her for a moment before busted out laughing. “I wasn’t joking.”

Dennis stopped laughing and smiled. “All right, you can have a raise and a day off.” Ann’s eyes light up. “You can have tomorrow off.” He turned to the door.

“Huh? But tomorrow is Sunday!” She rushed after him.

He stopped and turned to her. Ann almost bumps into him. Only a few inches from her, he stared down at her. Ann caught an odd heat in his eyes. Her heart suddenly pounded against her chest and her stomach was doing the flip flop.

“C’mon, I’ll take you home.” He said softly and left.

For some odd reason, Ann felt rejected. She quickly followed him out of the room.

pze

sarNie Adult
thanks for the update....

rr i agree with u too...he should have kissed her....lolz....

keep it coming it just gets better n better...