[Movie] For Love or Money

cecilia

Staff member
Saw this trailer awhile back and just want to post it here .. I'm excited. Trailer looks good and Jihoon is just :wub:

Trailer: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bExYD9Cy5E4

Synopsis: The movie For Love or Money (露水红颜, in Mandarin, with working titles Roots of Dew and Difficult Love) is a romantic drama about a girl from a declining aristocratic family who has been forced to live a normal working life. She meets an impoverished but talented painter (who may not be as poor as he seems), and they slowly fall into a risky, mesmerizing, passionate love that she tries desperately to avoid. You guessed it, they are as star-crossed as all get-out.
There's the added pressure of another man in her life, danger, and a ton of secrets. The obstacles against them are tremendous.
Credit: dramafever

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Wow, she gets to work with Rain AND Song Seung Hun?! Lucky son-of-a-gun! Haha.
Is that my hottie Andy On at 0:23?? 

fun

Expired Sarnie
It's more like the other way around lol

I just don't do cross border movie/drama. The dubbing is something I am against.

cecilia

Staff member
^lol I don't like the dubbing too but hey, I get to see RAIN naked body -- that should be good enough for me lol

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
It's more like the other way around lol

I just don't do cross border movie/drama. The dubbing is something I am against.

You mean the boys are lucky?? :ghehe: I'm not really a fan of Liu Yi Fei, so I can't say. Haha.

I don't either! Haha. I hate, hate the dubbing. I just can't take it seriously. I've seen a few Chinese/HK films where the leads are Korean and I'm like...nope. No can do. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I will never understand China and their dub. I mean I can understand if they dub an American movie/drama or a Cantonese film/drama but to dub Mandarin drama to Mandarin is just wtf. Even if China has regional accent, you don't see a American drama/movie dub the different American accent. It really takes away one's credibility to act. I can never give LYF a fair judgement because nearly all her projects were and are dubbed. Well that goes to most China base Chinese actors and actresses lol does that make any sense.

Rain hasn't been picking any good project for the past years. I think his American film debut really killed it for me.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I guess China likes and will continue their dubbing just so the film can be understandable and clear.  I don't like it either but I've grown used to it.... of course not for Rain's dubbed voice though lmao!  I was totally picturing his voice but bam! the dubbed voice came on.

I actually really love Liu Yi Fei, so I am quite happy and exstatic to see her paired with Rain when I read the news way back... Yahhhooooooooo :D

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
I will never understand China and their dub. I mean I can understand if they dub an American movie/drama or a Cantonese film/drama but to dub Mandarin drama to Mandarin is just wtf. Even if China has regional accent, you don't see a American drama/movie dub the different American accent. It really takes away one's credibility to act. I can never give LYF a fair judgement because nearly all her projects were and are dubbed. Well that goes to most China base Chinese actors and actresses lol does that make any sense.

Rain hasn't been picking any good project for the past years. I think his American film debut really killed it for me.

Seriously right! That's what BUGS me a whole deal with Mainland tv series and a few films. They just HAVE to dub AND with different voice actors/actresses. I'd understand if they dubbed, but with the original actors/actresses just for better sound quality. Because HK cinema does that. For Mainland China, that's not the only case. They go on and re-voice everyone. I think it's crazy dumb and they should stop. I've not been watching Mainland Chinese TV series for that reason. I can't get over it. Haha. 

aikoden said:
I guess China likes and will continue their dubbing just so the film can be understandable and clear.  I don't like it either but I've grown used to it.... of course not for Rain's dubbed voice though lmao!  I was totally picturing his voice but bam! the dubbed voice came on.

I actually really love Liu Yi Fei, so I am quite happy and exstatic to see her paired with Rain when I read the news way back... Yahhhooooooooo :D

I couldn't take his voice either. Haha. 

saobomp

sarNie Adult
this is a sad movie. i cried lol...

had to read the subtitle agrrr. wish it was dubbed in thai or something...

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
saobomp said:
this is a sad movie. i cried lol...

had to read the subtitle agrrr. wish it was dubbed in thai or something...

I do not like Thai dubbed voice, seriously... It's ughhh...