Mov Nplaum

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
:D i'm bored....so which kind do you prefer? i know it tasted kinda the same, but just want to know which kind you prefer....

i like the purple mov nplaum...but if muab ua ncuav, i prefer the white....

neena

sarNie Adult
white...tastes better i guess. i'm not a very big fan of mov nplaum so i hardly eat the stuff.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i like white sweet rice. but then at new years, they only have the purple ones. so at new year. shiet. its hella good with papaya salad and the hmong sausage. yum! and don't forget the pepper! ahhaha...

damn, i'm getting hungry...

kazee

Well both are good..but if it was for some fried stuff... like sausages or something.. i think purple would be better..also.. it just looks better... :p

princess87

sarNie Egg
for me... I don't see no difference between them except the color. They both taste the same. But I would chose the purple, just because it's so pretty.

calla

sarNie Adult
lolz, this is funny :loool:
i don't really like to eat mov nplaum but if i have to pick.....i will go for white.

oil_yui

sarNie Adult
i don't know. i think it do work. because i think i saw my mom do it once.

allitis16

sarNie Hatchling
I think I like both but sometimes you just gotta add that one color to spice everything up. Usaually the old folks would prefer the purple over the white and white over nothing at all but I guess that's how the culture is.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
You can make Mov Nplaum (sticky rice) in a rice cooker, but sometimes it comes out mushy, so I rather you steam it.

There's like White, Green, Purple, and Spotted brown sticy rice.

The green one people dye it and it taste sweet.

The purple one, it's a natural purple color, usually used at New Year.

The white one, natural one, you don't need to add anything to it, just soak them for awhile, and steam it.

The spotted brown one, usually eaten when the first batch of rice are brough from the fields (Mov Nplaum Mov Nplev Tshiab).

I only eat Mov Nplaum when I eat Laab Ngow or Pappaya. I don't eat much of it because it gives me stomach problems.

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
i like purple sticky rice better because it adds a little color to my food, but i agree about the ncuav...white looks better