MOTHERS!

sallysosilly727

727 Soo HOTT
i can get along with mai mom more and more everytime i grow older. i can talk to her like im talkin to mai frens or sumtin.

like if she pushes out of the way i can be like "sheesh mom cant you say exuse me" and she will just laugh or when she says that the things she wears dont look good on her i'll be like" every thing looks good on you mom" and she'll say " i know it do you dont have to tell me" yeah me and mai mom have a good relationship

bugsy

sarNie Adult
ooh...sallysosilly...i wish i had that kind of relationship with my mom. sigh

As for me...my mom is more traditional than westernized, although she can openminded when it comes to her westernized kids. And just like alot of you gals..my mom scolds and yells at me too. The main subject for me is my lack of motivation to cook and clean. But the thing is...I LIKE to cook and clean..but only when its from my own freewill. But she's always after my butt about that....24/7!! I swear! It's like we eat every second of the day or something! Sheesh...its soo hard to want to do something when you're getting not only yelled at but getting put down as well. And now that im living on my own for the first time...Im doing perfectly fine when it comes to my health and cleaning my dorm. I'm not THAT bad...but boy..does she make it sound like i am. But even though she does that...I know shes only looking out for me. And I admit..I love my mom! She's my hero! She's gone through so much shit and I understand her. I know that she's not perfect and so even though i get crabby with her at times...i understand why shes doing what she is. Without her...I dont know where i'd be today. And that includes going to school and all. Without her...damn...I would not have enough money to even last a month in college.

And our relationship is just her: rules, and me: obedience. Sigh. I've never had to guts to reallly talk back to her. But im working on it. Even at this age. NOt really talk back...just negotiate or something.

ketusd

sarNie Hatchling
i think everyone has their ups and downs with their mothers...... for sure i am one of them,but luckily for me its more ups then downs... me and mom can be so close... and then bang!... i do something wrong (meaning i am wrong and she is always right) or if we get into a argument.. she won't talk to me for a day or two.. but i never stop talking to her... i could never do that, because then i would feel so sad and bummed out all day :( ...but then this situation only happens once in a blue moon... for the rest of the time she is like ur typical asian mom..meaning she is always nagging about cleaning and cooking, but espeically cleaning because everytime she tells me to cook i would just start to laugh.. because i cannot cook...(ok ..maybe eggs and noodles or something microwavable.. :lol:) .. but i can talk to my mom about anything..eventhough she is sometime very stubborn and quick th judge.. but me and my dad are like the only 2 people who tells her something abotu her mouth.. this is why i think me and my mom are so close.. because i talk alot with my parents... my mom even told me that i am different from my sister and brother.. becuase i talk to my parents about everything, but my brother and sister would rather talk to me and dad then "lastly" talk to my mom about a problem, but then i am also the baby of the family so this also a reason why i can get alone with everyone in my family so easily.... to me the best way to avoid getting mad at your mom is just to ignore her and think about it as she is old and it is apart of her nature to fuss like this...eventhough she fusses.. i don't kare because she's ma mom.. and i love her that much just to sit here and listen... i don't kare how much she fusses at me because imma sit there and listen (most of the time, i might be sitting there mocking r sreaming back at her.. but it is because i am a joker and i can't sit there with a serious for a longtime :lol: )... but at the end of day.. i'm just happy she is here with me...if she was away for a vacation or a trip... it would ok, but for a long period i would go crazy.. and i don't wanna know whats gonna happen to me if she was gone :shock: :wavecry: :shock: :wavecry:...shooooo i would miss her that much.... :)

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
My mom was a nice person when we were growing up. Until the day we lost our dad. She turned into alcohol. She would b!tch, cry, swear, yell, etc. So it wasn't good living with her at age 18 and my sis was 16. Just us 2 girls. Everything we did was bad, the ppl we hung out with were bad ppl. We were never good enough for her. We both got married, but my relationship ended cuz the guy would beat me and have cheated on me 4 different times. Of course, when my mom has alcohol in her system, i was the reason why the guy left me, for in fact, i left him. According to her i was the bad wife, never cook, clean, and didnt satisfy. But i did cook, clean, and worked 9 hours a day so he can spend my working money on drugs and other girls. My sis just also ended her marriage, but they just dont love eachother anymore and the guy feels the same. But she too was a bad wife, thats why he doesnt love her. I was always the one who took my mom in, and even her bf who i can no longer stand. I found a small apt for us to live in, it wasn't big enough for her. This year, my fiance and I just bought a really nice size house, its larger than the house my dad had for us, but yet, she's still isnt happy. Just last weekend, i woke up hearing her talking crap about me BEHIND my back to her bf, who i dis-like and living in my house for free. So it hurts more at the fact that she can't say all this to my face, and she's saying all the wrong things about me without knowing why.
Example: she said she will not help buy anything for the house to decorate it, cause i dont know how to talk nice to her, we also like to live messy, and that i dont know how to decorate.
Well, i haven't decorated the house is because i just bought a new house and really dont have the money right now to go out shopping to buy stuff only for others to see, nothing that we really need. Grrrr....was i so mad and upset at her. But because i respect her, i didnt confront her about it. My sister says i should, but i know it will lead to more fights.

darvil

sarNie Adult
~Sandy~ said:
My mom was a nice person when we were growing up. Until the day we lost our dad. She turned into alcohol. She would b!tch, cry, swear, yell, etc. So it wasn't good living with her at age 18 and my sis was 16. Just us 2 girls. Everything we did was bad, the ppl we hung out with were bad ppl. We were never good enough for her. We both got married, but my relationship ended cuz the guy would beat me and have cheated on me 4 different times. Of course, when my mom has alcohol in her system, i was the reason why the guy left me, for in fact, i left him. According to her i was the bad wife, never cook, clean, and didnt satisfy. But i did cook, clean, and worked 9 hours a day so he can spend my working money on drugs and other girls. My sis just also ended her marriage, but they just dont love eachother anymore and the guy feels the same. But she too was a bad wife, thats why he doesnt love her. I was always the one who took my mom in, and even her bf who i can no longer stand. I found a small apt for us to live in, it wasn't big enough for her. This year, my fiance and I just bought a really nice size house, its larger than the house my dad had for us, but yet, she's still isnt happy. Just last weekend, i woke up hearing her talking crap about me BEHIND my back to her bf, who i dis-like and living in my house for free. So it hurts more at the fact that she can't say all this to my face, and she's saying all the wrong things about me without knowing why.
Example: she said she will not help buy anything for the house to decorate it, cause i dont know how to talk nice to her, we also like to live messy, and that i dont know how to decorate.
Well, i haven't decorated the house is because i just bought a new house and really dont have the money right now to go out shopping to buy stuff only for others to see, nothing that we really need. Grrrr....was i so mad and upset at her. But because i respect her, i didnt confront her about it. My sister says i should, but i know it will lead to more fights.
[post="90869"][/post]​
That sounded quite tragic Sandy. I'm glad you're here with us now and is doing good. Most people tend to dissolve away in those kinds of situations but looks like you've manage to haul thru. Thumbs up.

About your mother, I admire you for doing what is the right thing to do even though it does suck that your mother is unfair to you. That kind of thing I see all the time. You will get alot of karma points for that. :)

dfemc

sarNie Adult
~Sandy~ said:
[post="90869"][/post]​
sandy girl, u've come a loong way. if i was half the woman u are, i would feel like i have accomplished something in this life time, and walk away from this life knowing that i have built character.

dayam...u the biiig momma for sure. so gracious. -_- ... i hope someday i will have some of ur strength. :)

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
~Sandy~ said:
[post="90869"][/post]​
OMG sandy, i thought i had it bad. you are definitely much stronger than i am for having to endure all of this. much love and respect to you, girl.

kying89

sarNie Hatchling
hey guys!!how are you guys?anyways, it's been kind of long since i been here...so wasssup?lol..j/j...
hey are you guys on spring break yet? we are and it's ending soon..that sucks!!
anyways about this topic...
my mom is very nice and easy-going...she doesn't really get into our business like most mom out there...sometimes she can be very childish but yea most of the time she can be very mature that you don't not want to mess around with her..you know..anyways...yea,lol...
for instance, our b/f...sometimes my mom will say stuff to us like don't date them b/c they're like this or like that but if she likes him, she would encourage us to continue dating him b/c it will be hard to find a guy like him..but that's a very small chance b/c most of the time those are the guys we dislike..you know...for example, on my other topic about that lao guy (lol)...i dislike him but my mom loves him and thinks i should go for him..but i'm like nope i don't think so...lol
i guess my mom can be very aggressive sometimes but mostly nice and pretty easy going..i love her!!~

Reagan

sarNie Adult
everbody should keep in mind YOUR MOTHER LOVES YOU, no matter the situation or even outcome perhaps, the person who cares for you most will be your mother and father, whether it doesnt seem like it at the time or during a long period of time they love you. if they dont say anything to you obviously they think your mature or dont care in other situations. you people should never 4get, your parents love you no matter what happens family is all you got and have. believe it or not majority of youths reflect there parents, you probly just dont know it yet, but if you do and see some faults and negatives fix it before you get too old and stubborn.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Reagan said:
everbody should keep in mind YOUR MOTHER LOVES YOU, no matter the situation or even outcome perhaps, the person who cares for you most will be your mother and father, whether it doesnt seem like it at the time or during a long period of time they love you. if they dont say anything to you obviously they think your mature or dont care in other situations. you people should never 4get, your parents love you no matter what happens family is all you got and have. believe it or not majority of youths reflect there parents, you probly just dont know it yet, but if you do and see some faults and negatives fix it before you get too old and stubborn.
[post="93179"][/post]​
If love solved everything, wouldn't that be great? Yet somehow, I doubt that love is enough to excuse some actions.

kristin

sarNie Egg
I have never fought or argued with my mother. Sometimes she gets on my nerves but I keep that to myself. My mother always takes care of me everytime I come home. Sometimes she likes to complain that I am messy, which I am. lol. I love my mother and I am so grateful that we get along great.

slee00

sarNie Adult
kitkat said:
omg i always dislike my mother for all of my life! even though she kept saying that she cares about me blah blah all of that crap. she always hurts my feeling without knowing that i'm hurt easily by her words.. i mean my OWN mother says that to ME! <_<

i always hold back with my feelings until she's done then i just went to the bathroom just to cry and express the feelings to my little brother and father... they couldn't do a thing for me because my mother always acts like that ever since forever! -_-

I Understand your situation....and I am glad that you are sticking around for your dad, your brothers and sisters..and yourself....I believe that the reasons many young girls ran away to get marry or away from home was one or both parents dont understand them...sad though...Keep the faith...

slee00

sarNie Adult
My mom passed away when I was very young ( we 7 of us...3rd child here) and I always dreamed my life would be better if my mom was alive...Dont remember much about her but people around her said she was very giving and kind...very laborous too... anyway...Love your mom and do everything you can for her when you still have her...cause I cried my eyes out growing up without mine!

You guys remember the story of Cinderala's wicked stepmother? ...my step-mom was sooooooo freaking wicked! and backstabbing greedy bitch you ever known!....Dont know why God put such wicked person on this earth! I never known such love or kindness from her...but I stayed at home because I need to take care of my little brothers and sisters...and my dad...but now...my dad passed away...brothers and sisters all married and have their own life...I have not been back to her house since my dad's funeral...that is 5 years ago...I cannot forget the pain we were subjected to...even now counseling doesnt help,,,,

Now I am a mother of 3 sons (teenagers, 18, 17 and 15)....I tried to be the best mother for them...( they can tell you I am not sometimes)I tried not to argue too much, and if I do scold at them, I I must give them an explanation. The thing that really bother me most when I was growing up was when mom get mad at one person then she drag everyone into it too...so I always take care of the situation and talk to the individual alone without bringing others into it. My step-mom was a very greedy bitch so if they show a bit of greed, I would say something...The best thing about our relationship is they ca always talk to me about anything without being afraid of criticized...Guess I never grow up!! still young at heart!

slee00

sarNie Adult
Sorry...didnt mean to write out my autobiography here!

I would love a chance to show my mom everything....my love, dressing, eating out...make up's, hair, and even would love a chance to watch a few LAKORNS with her too! But that is only a dream...

Those of you who still have mothers....advise...love your mother much much na! She is the many reasons you are who you are ....we love our children very much....

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
Yeah, gotta love moms...my mom and dad went through many rough times to give us the easy life here in the states...i remember it very well and i love them dearly for it...i love my mom even more now that I'm a mother myself...you literally know what all she's gone through for you...childbirth is painful but I wouldn't give up for the world...However much I love my daughter, that's how much more I love my mom.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
i love this thread :) *happy sigh*....i really do. it's warm chocolate with a bit of spice that sometimes burn but can be sweet n bitter all at the same time.

it's funny how one person, with or without her, can do so much to make us who we are today.

good? bad? evil turtles?.... i love this thread :)