Most Unsatisfying Lakorn of 2013

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I know there is a worst lakorn thread, but this one is a bit different. It only applies to 2013 lakorns, and the title is a bit different as well. A good lakorn isn't always satisfying and a lakorn that satisfies you isn't necessarily good.  I've seen a lot of lakorns this year relative to what I normally watch (I usually watch one or two every two years, yeah), any how, so this year I managed to watch a bunch of lakorns. Some were unexpectedly good, some were meh, while some were just awful. This year about 80% of what I watched were awful and just left a bad taste in my mouth. Here's a countdown of my top 5 most unsatisfied lakorns this year:

5. Raeng Pradtana (Barry N. & Kim K.) - 6.5/10
I really liked the beginning. I actually loved the beginning. Feisty Thae (Kim) was hot, haha, but then that made Pit (Barry) too weak, BUT it was okay because at least he had principles. And then we got to the later half. I FF from EP9 until the end. It kind of got boring and repetitive, and Thae became weak and Pit became indecisive and I gave up. The beginning, and Kim and Barry's pairing were pretty much the only satisfying aspects.

4. Fah Jarod Sai (Tui T. & Kwan U.) - 2.1/10
Very unsatisfied with this one. This lakorn totally murdered a great love story. I didn't see Tui or Kwan's chemistry, and everything was rushed. The only satisfying thing was seeing my dear Tui act as the lead despite his 40 yrs of age. Because I didn't anticipate this lakorn I wasn't nearly as unsatisfied as those who actually waited for this lakorn for a decade.

3. Paab Ataan (Pong N., Aom P. & Charabelle.L) - 2/10
I anticipated this one and expected good things because of Aom's LONG awaited comeback and because my Guy was in it, hehe, but I'm upset. I'm upset because Charabelle frustrated me to no end and because the storyline was crap. I was in three episodes and there was no progression whats so ever. They could've gone a different route, then I wouldn't be as upset. May I also add, I barely got to see my dearest Guy! He was in like 5/6 scenes out of 3 episodes?? What kind of crap is that? From my understanding his character wasn't unimportant.

2. Sud Sai Pan (Toomtam Y. & Vill W.) - 1.5/10
Isn't it sad? Yeah, this lakorn had potential to become my favorite lakorn of the year, BUT it failed. It failed me, it failed us! Like RP, I LOVED the beginning. Their love, the suspense, everything was building up and then at the halfway mark everything went downhill. Need I explain?? Toomtam and Vill had amazing chemistry, but even they couldn't boost my satisfaction! The reason why this is further up on the list is because I expected good things towards the end, but those expectations turned to frustration. 

1. Roy Lae Sanae Luang (Weir S. & Mai D.) - 1/10
Horrible, horrible...horrible. I stopped at a couple episodes in. I couldn't take the unnecessary drama anymore. Heavy drama, I like, but the drama in this lakorn was stupid heavy. It was to the point I wanted to strangle the producers. Like FJS, the only point in which I was satisfied in was seeing Weir look might fine in the lakorn. HAHA. Otherwise my satisfaction level would've just been zelch. And worst of all, I was anticipating this lakorn! I followed it until it aired, so twice as unsatisfying!

Just a bonus that I'd love to add and RECOMMEND! My most satisfying lakorn this year will have to go to:

Nang Rai Sai Lab (Peter C. & Margie R.) - 10/10
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lakorn. LOVE LOVE LOVE. That's how bad I LOVE it. HAHA. It's almost flawless. Mediocre storyline, mediocre performance, but absolutely satisfying. The only flaw this lakorn has is having those darn weird action scenes. If they were better played out this lakorn would've been flawless! Even so I'm 100% satisfied. :ghehe: Go watch it if you have time!

So, what do you guys think?? Any lakorn you waited and waited, and ended up being left unsatisfied? 

Mine has got to be...drum roll...Pahb Atan! Had high hopes and expectations for this one mainly because of Pong and Aom, most especially the return of Aom but what the chocolate fudge?! Watched barely ten minutes and concluded that I absolutely hate it! Dumb plot and Charebelle was a miscast. I used to love Charebelle but this lakorn made me hate her. I really do. I'd give it a 1/10 because if it weren't for Aom's stunning traditional Thai wardrobe, this lakorn doesn't even deserve a rating.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
thatsouthernasianchick said:
Mine has got to be...drum roll...Pahb Atan! Had high hopes and expectations for this one mainly because of Pong and Aom, most especially the return of Aom but what the chocolate fudge?! Watched barely ten minutes and concluded that I absolutely hate it! Dumb plot and Charebelle was a miscast. I used to love Charebelle but this lakorn made me hate her. I really do. I'd give it a 1/10 because if it weren't for Aom's stunning traditional Thai wardrobe, this lakorn doesn't even deserve a rating.
Omg, how did I forget Paab Ataan!? Haha. Now I have to change my list. PA is one of my most unsatisfying lakorns!

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
I was left very unsatisfied with Kularb Fai. Goodness gracious it was so boring!
The first 4 episodes were excellent! I was thinking it had an interesting storyline.
N'ek dies, and then comes back to life as a chosen one. Someone who has supernatural powers.
But what happens after that? DRAMA.
She's in the hospital 95% of the time and the remaining 5% she's getting her butt whooped!
What is that?! The action, CG, and whatever was bland. Like a dry desert without water!
Nothing but shooting... and getting shot.
I only watched it because Sara & Art actually has chemistry.
But I was getting infuriated with Saila's (Sara's character) stupidity.
... anyway, you guys get the point. I can go on and on with the flaws of this show.

Another let down was, Tiyda Payayom. Don't get me wrong, the show was good.
Just too many fillers and too many characters.
The bad evil god was so invincible, it was ridiculously such a lag.
The things I liked about it, and what kept me watching was Kwan & New's pairing + Grace & Aof's pairing.
To sum up this show... 'getting lost in the woods, while they look for a key (to stop all evil), that wasn't even used to kill the bad guys'.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I didn't watch Kularb Fai deep enough. Haha. I quit after seeing the scene her third eye popped up. That's creepy and weird. Not my taste. I didn't expect anything from it, so I'm not that unsatisfied. Haha.

Reactions: Iya

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
x0unerthanlater: I agree with all your statements for Kularb Fai. I was looking forward to it so much since I love Art and Sara but it was so disappointing.
Still love Art and Sara though, just hope they get a 'normal' lakorn next time as in no super powers or anything. :)

Also, Marn Gamathep was ... horrible. I was so hyped for this lakorn but it ended up being so pointless and blah.
I don't even know how I finished this lakorn, probably cause my mom loved it. She's a fan of Pong and Mo XD I, on the other hand, thought it was too dramatic and there were so many unnecessary characters.

hsdsfan

sarNie Hatchling
Can I just say that almost all 2013 lakorns that I've watched so far were unsatisfying? lol. All of them lacked one thing or another but if I had to choose, it'd be Roy Leh Sanae Luang. I'm not a fan of Weir or Mai but I thought they had chemistry in their first lakorn and the BTS pictures gave good impressions. However.. the actual lakorn itself was beyond terrible! The acting was bad, the directing and editing was horrific, the characters were all bipolar and inconsistent etc etc. Before that, I thought Ngao Ruk Luang Jai was one of the worst lakorns I've ever watched but RLSL sure takes the cake. 

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
Madam Dun - no matter how much i adore Ploy and like P'Chai as Jae Miang but i can't picture Mario with Ploy one of the extremely odd and awkward pair so far and the lakorn is starting to be so annoying 

Sovatana

sarNie Juvenile
There were a lot of expectations for me that 2013 lakorns would be great to watch but they were not. I gotta say Majurat See Numpueng is the best lakorn I've watch this year. Even though I don't really like Ken but this lakorn is good. Another one would be Nang Rai Sai Lub. This one is good. Love the casts and the story, the acting, the scenes are really great. The worst of all would be Kulab Fai. I don't know how to describe it, or would I say just bad, really bad...
I wish 2014 lakorns will be better!

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I was unsatisfied w/all the lakorn you listed....I attempt it and never finish....I took the bait but wasn't hooked -.-

Like you I do enjoy about 1-2 lakorn a yr (actually finishing, but they still lack something) I guess my love for thai lakorn is gone....I mostly watch old lakorn

Best lakorn this year, in my honest opinion, has to be Tong Neua Gao. Allow me to break this down. Lol.
Those of you who have seen this lakorn, what's not to like about it? I couldn't find not one flaw or disappointments. In fact, I was satisfied with every bit of this lakorn had to offer and enjoyed it to the extreme, mainly due to the acting from the entire cast. With such a large cast and large number of babies and children in this lakorn, I didn't think the little ones could display such an appalling performance. I was flabberghasted with Melik, our two year old Wanchalerm; even though his role didn't require much actual acting, I think his expressions are very natural. Now, on with the two older Wanchalerms... each time there was a crying scene, their tears trickled down so naturally and beautifully that I cried with them. I hate sad lakorns but I absolutely loved this one. Then, there is Noon, where she outshines the role of E-Lamyong, the irresponsible creature that her children calls "mother". E-Lamyong's character is not fit to be a mother and she possesses no qualifications, whatsoever, for any child to call her mother. And Noon did just that. She brought that character to life.
Apart from the wonderful acting from the entire cast, I would like to applaud the production crew for casts' dialogue. It was as if I was watching a reality TV series because the lakorn seemed so real that I was so "in". It's been awhile since I had this much love and hate for a lakorn.

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
Best lakorn this year, in my honest opinion, has to be Tong Neua Gao. Allow me to break this down. Lol.
Those of you who have seen this lakorn, what's not to like about it? I couldn't find not one flaw or disappointments. In fact, I was satisfied with every bit of this lakorn had to offer and enjoyed it to the extreme, mainly due to the acting from the entire cast. With such a large cast and large number of babies and children in this lakorn, I didn't think the little ones could display such an appalling performance. I was flabberghasted with Melik, our two year old Wanchalerm; even though his role didn't require much actual acting, I think his expressions are very natural. Now, on with the two older Wanchalerms... each time there was a crying scene, their tears trickled down so naturally and beautifully that I cried with them. I hate sad lakorns but I absolutely loved this one. Then, there is Noon, where she outshines the role of E-Lamyong, the irresponsible creature that her children calls "mother". E-Lamyong's character is not fit to be a mother and she possesses no qualifications, whatsoever, for any child to call her mother. And Noon did just that. She brought that character to life.
Apart from the wonderful acting from the entire cast, I would like to applaud the production crew for casts' dialogue. It was as if I was watching a reality TV series because the lakorn seemed so real that I was so "in". It's been awhile since I had this much love and hate for a lakorn.
yes Tong Neua Gao one of the best so far and the Lookmai Kong Por Series- First Part Tae Rom Bai Pak Peun Kanin and Sara Leggs they are so cute 

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
OMG DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON KULARB FAI ! Gah was I excited to watch Art and Sarah back on screen again *heart eyes They make a hot pair and deserve another Lakorn with a better script. Dammnn the script was poor and disappointing to the point where it dragged so much FF came in handy. Plus I believe it was their second magic:sci-fi Lakorn together. gah give them a slap/kiss Lakorn puhlesse !! When I saw the fitting pictures, I thought they both played as cops who worked together or something but eh no T-T

I'll also have to agree about Ruk Sutrit:( I'm enjoying Itt&Chon scenes excluding everything else. So sad how the Lakorn turned it's main focus away from the pra'nang throughout the whole drama. And it's not once but constantly. Smh that teaser was definitely false advertisement lmao haahah This is def the drama that made me fall in love with JJ. Never knew what his hype was all about and why people liked him so much until I found my own reason why. He's very likable haha JJ fever

I will always love Fah Jarod Sai...I had withdrawals from that Lakorn because I was very much in love with Shariffs character. The ost got me lost in a trance too ohh gahh I love love love the ost....so dreamy hehee HOWEVER, the ending got me screaming in disappointed. I was so angry at the rushed ending I even blamed my older sister for the cause of the butchered ending lmao sighs*

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Lmfaoooo ^

I'm waiting for my Winter Break to start before I even start on TNG^^ I'm excited indeeeeed (;

Hrmmmmm one Lakorn I enjoyed from start to finish was Khun Chai Rachanon. The very first Lakorn in a very long time that introduced me to NO FF :) Hrmm who was it that shared the uncut ending !? I forgot who, but when I went back to watch that clip, my eyes got teary because I miss Soifah and KCLek so much. Just everything about the storyline was perfect to me^^ So KCRachanon would be the best Lakorn of the year for me. ^^

AikOm^_^

Just an ordinary gal in an extraordinary world.
Whahahahaha! Aw, all your complaints and ranting are hilarious and adorable! :lmao2: :rofl: :lmao3: :grouphug: Even when they involved the lakorn(s) I did enjoy hehe! :coverlaf:

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
Lmao the thing is, I was looking forward the most for those lakorns but they pretty much all disappointed me.

- Raeng Pratana : you know you don't like a lakorn, when you're not rooting for the lead girl  :rant: something went wrong with all the characters
- Maya Tawan : Plot sucks, lack of chemistry between the leads etc etc
- Sud Sai Pan : Typical exact lakorn ...bipolar characters everywhere, too much drama  :annoyed: (i really liked ToomVill tho)

and the worst of them all goes to : Roy Lae Sanae Luang. I have no comment for that one, that is just how bad it is  :facepalm:

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
lol @ Maiko, this year has been a pretty bad year...but I did ENJOY these lakorn the MOST!

Sood Sai Pan
Khunchai Pawornruj
Ton Rak Rim Rua

I wasn't crazy about Tong Neau Ngao, but it was an educational/thoughtful lakorn. So, it made my list as a good lakorn with valuable information and life lessons.

Everything else sucks! LOL!

Heidi

♥Korean Obsessed♥
The most unsatifying lakorns of 2013 for me are:

-Maya Tawan (Aum A. and Yaya): I was so disappointed with this lakorn. I have long waited for Aum and Yaya to pair up, but this lakorn was nothing. The story line lacked a lot and there was barely any chemistry between pranang.

-Paab Ataan (Aom P, Pong and Charebelle): Cast was pretty good. The story line is just blehhhh. Lots of dragging and unnecessary stuff. Could've taken a different route. As much as I like Charebelle, she was VERY robotic in here. No expressions or emotions in her scenes or speech at all. She can do a lot better. Huge Disappointment.

-Kularb Fai (Art and Sara): I adore Art and Sara, but the lakorn got me very confused and frustrated. It could have been a lot better. I would never have finished this lakorn if it weren't for Art and Sara.

-Autumn in my Heart (Tik J and Aom S): Major disappointment. This remake is nothing compared to the original. No chemistry at all with the cast. I have loved Tik since Prisana and was looking forward to this remake, but sadly, I stopped watching after the second episode. Aom looks like a little girl with Tik, I really wanted to feel the chemistry/connection with the lakorn and cast, but nothing. I think this would have turned out better if they had found someone that either suited Tik or Aom and the setting seemed more happy, Tik and Aom together was a no-no for me. The lakorn is very gloomy too, so it made the lakorn a lot worst.