MOMOIRS OF A GEISHA

chewy_choua

sarNie Egg
maiv said:
no, i haven't gone yet but i'm planning to soon :)
[post="59727"][/post]​
umm....do u live in fresno...... well n e ways if u dont it came out on therater.....yesterday well have u seen it on commerical....
i think u should wat it...its took place in japan.....these littel gurls they got sold to this one man and they were to become GEISHA buh the sisters got seperated and of course the younger one becames a GEISHSA buh the older sister escape.... they were suppose to meet somehwere to escape buh some how wen the YOUNGER SISTER CHIYO hurted herself so she couldnt make it......... well this is only the part when they are little buh ill tell u more about it if u wanna know..........

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
I'm planning to go watch it. I read the book during the summer too. It is good. I saw Mad TV remake the commercial and it was hilarious. Bobby Lee was her. hehehehehe

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
i went and watched it yesterday i thought it was good and kinda sad but i was disgusted when that old american guy (Noble or something) was kissing her all over...yuck! but that guy that she met when she was a little girl was kinda cute!! hehe...

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
dang..i wanna go watch this soooo bad!!! dang.....zhang ziyi makes a lot of sex movies so nothing new there....hahahahah....

kry*star

sarNie Adult
my sisters and i went to watch it and we all also thought that it wasn't as good as what we expected too but then it wasn't bad. i think that it was okay overall especially the storyline. it definately can be better with the same storyline if they just change the way it was filmed.

Chewy

Natty's #1 FAN!
OH..i really want to see this.....i can't wait...i heard that he book is way better....but will see about that..

gurlie

sarNie Egg
save your money..this movie wasn't so good as i thought or maybe i just expected something better..the movie disappointed me...

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
i want to go see but cant go yet...i have the book...jux started to read it..

SweetAngel21

sarNie Juvenile
well this movie is good.....my brother got from netflix......I forgot how much he pay...he always rent them for us to watch it....they send like 3 everytime...when we finished watching sending it back to them then they will send 3 more for us to watch....hehe

mai_sai

sarNie Egg
chewy_choua said:
OHH MY GOD DID N E 1 GO WATCH MOMIORS OF A GEISHA today (dec.23.) cuz i did i thought that movie was really good....
[post="59680"][/post]​
this movie is a poor excuse for a 'japanese' movie and only reinforces the western views on the asian population. first off, this movie was based off the book that just so happened to be written by a white boy who was later sued for presenting inaccurate accounts about the geisha. not only that, but the geisha was played by a chinese woman...go figure huh? and as far as the costumes go, they were also inaccurate and too melodramatic. keep in mind, folks about what this movie does to the asian population....

don't be dragged into what the rest of the world thinks about us...

myang

sarNie Egg
I read the book and it's better than the movie...but...the movie is still okay..it doesn't contain many details like the book but it was nice. The young version of Zhang Ziyi was pretty

GAone

sarNie Egg
i have heard of the english one, but not the hmong one. Did thay translating it or what... and would someone post the cover. i haven't watch the movie.