Miss Hmong California 2007-2008

candi

sarNie Juvenile
I don't ever pay attention to these pageants, but may I ask... what do the contestant get out of this? Do they only get money and the title of "Miss Hmong __________" only?
they get a couple thousand...and then disappear...i think last year, miss fresno/cali (dont remember) got a new car..

candi

sarNie Juvenile
my bf:

most people are pissed off that she's from minnesota...but what really is the root of the problem? PISS POOR-PATHETIC hmong organization on the judging panel/administrative side...its pathetic that they would let anyone outside of CA enter a CALIFORNIA hmong pagent in the first place...if any blame or hate is to be lobbed around, it should be towards the organization.... this just shows yet another side of and another reason why hmong events arent up to par with the rest of the world...if you're going to print "constestants have to be 18 to enter" dont put in fine prints "unless with parental consent"...if you're going to run a Miss Hmong CALIFORNIA beauty pagent, don't let other people from other states enter...SIMPLE AS THAT...

pylhlub

sarNie Juvenile
i think tat if it's miss hmong in california then it should be only girls from califronia not from anywhea else!!!.........

lakorn

sarNie Hatchling
my bf:

most people are pissed off that she's from minnesota...but what really is the root of the problem? PISS POOR-PATHETIC hmong organization on the judging panel/administrative side...its pathetic that they would let anyone outside of CA enter a CALIFORNIA hmong pagent in the first place...if any blame or hate is to be lobbed around, it should be towards the organization.... this just shows yet another side of and another reason why hmong events arent up to par with the rest of the world...if you're going to print "constestants have to be 18 to enter" dont put in fine prints "unless with parental consent"...if you're going to run a Miss Hmong CALIFORNIA beauty pagent, don't let other people from other states enter...SIMPLE AS THAT...
maybe they just named it wrong.... they should named MISS HMONG not MISS HMONG CAL....
There everyone will have the right to complete and no one mad.... huh....

azxthao

sarNie Egg
In my opinion of Bao Xiong winning the crown of "Miss Hmong California" is nothing wrong. Because on the application of the Pageant. It did not say anything about you have to be from California, it only say that you atleast have to be 17. Know how to speak Hmong and one of your parents have to be Hmong if you're mix. So that's mean that anybody can enter the Pageant. For example the Minnesota and Michigan Hmong New Year pageant it say in their application that you have to atleast live in their state for 1 year to enter their pageant. Other than that you have to be a resident to enter their pageant. But the Sacramento pageant application didn't say anything like that, so there's really nothing to argue or to dissaprove of. If there is, then you guys must need to do some research before saying anything. And now a days the Hmong commites are looking for somebody who have high a education, speak hmong fluently and know what they're saying/doing. So they can have somebody to look up for and help the hmong commites in the future. As another example like Minnesota Metrodome Hmong New Year. The pageant was called "Miss Hmong American", but the one won last year is from China and she's not even from America, but she won. That's a topic to argue about, but to argue about this topic. There's nothing to argue about.
I AGREE!!! So stop with the complaining about it, if you have a problem, talk to the committee members!

143art

sarNie Egg
I honestly think they should just make these ($%$&$%^$) pageant NATION wide instead of statewide or even city wide. Honestly it like sharing title with the same girl. No real competition there! And I don't know how it done in other city but we need REAL JUDGES!!

herthao

sarNie Egg
Bao Xiong from Minnesota was crowned as Miss Hmong CALIFORNIA.

so... the public is mad about the decision and judging again just like last year's pageant.

paj zaub khab was not 18-years-old like the requirements said on the application and then this year... miss hmong california doesn't even reside in california.

i don't know how SHNY's panel decided on allowing a contestant from Minnesota join the California pageant.

they seriously need some help from some youngsters.. obviously.. a lot of young people attend the new years.. not that old people don't.. but anyway. they need to manage their new years better. they have a whole bunch of OG's trying to run a friggin new year that wasn't all that great.

one more thing...

i can't believe that they had people telling us where to stand in the ball tossing area. that was ridiculous!

you people might just say that if i don't like how the new year is going.. i don't have to go.. but i am speaking for a lot of people here. =D
Obviously somebody's jealous! I've competed with Bao Xiong before here in MN and she is actually the shit! I'm glad she took first!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
Obviously somebody's jealous! I've competed with Bao Xiong before here in MN and she is actually the shit! I'm glad she took first!
i'm not jealous.
there is nothing to be jealous of.
good for you if you competed with her before.
congrats to her for her accomplishment, but as i had said before,
there were a lot of comments that filled SHNY's guestbook regarding this.

choo

sarNie Adult
interesting topic!

--First of all, there's so many damn pageants these days to kinda keep track. LOL I know there's a Miss Hmong and then there's a Miss International Hmong? *what's the difference between these 2??* And there's the Miss Hmoob California.

---I seriously think that MISS HMONG CALIFORNIA SHOULD only ALLOW California Residents run in it. Because MINNESOTA already have their little pageants too. IT IS UNFAIR TO EVEN LET MINN/ETC STATES TO COME & TALK ABOUT INTRUDING..LOL

+++my add++++
i SERIOUSLY THINK THERE SHOULD ONLY BE ONE DAMN PAGEANT ONLY TOO. NO NEED FOR MULTIPLE ESP. HERE IN CALI. People running these things just want more money. There should just be ONE HUGE big Pageant. not 1-2 in the same damn State. *didn't it use to be only fresno who ran the pageants?

*and dude, seriously Bao Xiong got 2nd/or was it 3rd place in fresno? And she hahaha had the face to come and run again in Sacramento? Kinda sad. but yeah I guess she's glad to have gotten first..lol or else she'll probably keep on running again.

--

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
sorry to make up a story here well Bao Xiong didn't even do anything for CA because I haven't heard anything from her yet?

SHNY already know that they did something wrong about the pageant and now this year they will not let anybody out of CA to complete the pageant this year.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
sorry to make up a story here well Bao Xiong didn't even do anything for CA because I haven't heard anything from her yet?

SHNY already know that they did something wrong about the pageant and now this year they will not let anybody out of CA to complete the pageant this year.
let's just wait and see what she did for the hmong people...
she sounded really confident...
lol.

choo

sarNie Adult
lol i wanna see too..damn the newyears are just around the corner again..seriously....this is way it's a waste of money...btw, other than PajZuabKhang*lol i can't spell in hmong* what did the fresno girl do? the one that won last year too?* the year before this years*

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
OMG! i know her!! she's really nice!!! :) she reminds me of that girl that plays in some of xab's movies her name is tshiab (clear) or something...

stephanie

sarNie Adult
i think the whole miss. hmong california pagent is just way over rated. most of the winners only wins because they have connections to the judges. Other hmong girls who were born in california should also be allowed to enter, they all once was californians too.

hlee

sarNie Egg
Even though I don't care for these pageants, I do believe the organizers need to enforce the rules and regulations and be fair. I think they should do it like Miss USA or other pageants where the girl competes in her state and then goes national with other girls from other states. The title should be Miss Hmong USA where she represents all Hmong. This way there is less confusion.

laugh-out-loud

sarNie Egg
you've all said one good thing....

my point of view is...it's not Bao's fault for winning.... we shouldn't be directly mad at her, but at the people who
were running the event! I totally hate how disorganized they are...i wish i could stop complaining and tell them
to learn professional judging, but who would listen to a little me saying that.... it's the judges fault and there
have been a lot of problems in almost every new years for miss hmong cali. plus complaint due to unfair and bias
pick out. I agree, cali apps for miss hmong cali should have strick/enforce rules and regulations.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
you've all said one good thing....

my point of view is...it's not Bao's fault for winning.... we shouldn't be directly mad at her, but at the people who
were running the event! I totally hate how disorganized they are...i wish i could stop complaining and tell them
to learn professional judging, but who would listen to a little me saying that.... it's the judges fault and there
have been a lot of problems in almost every new years for miss hmong cali. plus complaint due to unfair and bias
pick out. I agree, cali apps for miss hmong cali should have strick/enforce rules and regulations.
they're not mad at bao xiong.
they are mad at SHNY.
lol.