Memory Help?

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Hey guys...i need some help here...so please someone help...:

Aiight this is my problem...i have a computer with low memory...this computer when i bought it came with only 40 GB of Harddrive space and 128 MB of Memory...which actually means i only officailly have like 33 GB of and 112 MB...so like most things nowadays require a minimum of 128 MB of memory to dl there stuff...well anywayz i recently just got comcast internet, but i don't get the full speed cause my computer doesn't meet their requirement....and when i installed their mcafee security system my computer went retardedly slow...due to my memory right? thats what i assume...soo i uninstalled it...what should i do? would it be better if i upgrade my memory by another 128 chip or just put a 512...but if i put a 512 would i have to upgrade my hard drive space too? Please help someone...im not good with computer...Thanks

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
ahhh i had that problem with comcast... hmm i think putting in a 512 would be a good idea because thats like a fair amount ... im not sure ab the memory space ... though .. and sometimes with comcast it gets slow for no reason because they are capping u for bwidth hahah boy don't i know lol ... cause when i upload i normally get 900kpbs upload and when they cap me i come down to 400 kpbs ...

but 33 gb officially? it would probably be a good idea if u download alot o____O because 33 gigs can easily dissapear and also the thing ab it is you'll have a hard time if that hard drive space gets smaller.. and its like with stuff like buring dvd's burning cd's and so forth .. at this point it probably isn't important, but if u download alot then it would be a good idea to upgrade memory also

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
what do you mean by when they cap you? don't understand that part...but shit...my comcast does seem like it's getting slower and slower now...in the beginning i was dl at like 400 kb/sec..now it's at like 200...!

darvil

sarNie Adult
512 is a good amount of ram. Thats should be the minimum if you're running windows XP..

Anyway 40 gigs seem ok to me. Are you a hardcore downloader? if that is the case, you should buy an external and save the stuff you download in it.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
nah...im not a major uploader or downloader...minor...aiight thanks yalls...i guess imma just get a 512...and upon that buy a laptop too..cuzz i want one...lolz!