meditation

dfemc

sarNie Adult
i'm personally looking forward to a 10-day meditation course here while in nepal. in other words, i turn myself into a nun for those 10 days living without daily luxuries at the bottom of the himalayas. sort of practically what i'm doing as is. plus, i would have to abstain from killing, which is my hardest part. fuckin' mos-kitos, blood suckin' vampires from hell. n then of course, the purity of the mind, abstaining from havin' a potty mouth. eeks...this is where my battle against the self begins. a part of me is quite nervous about it all. i've worked on learning how to meditate before. but to do this 10-day course is real intense stuff psychologically, emotionally, and physically. but then again, life here in nepal is quite intense altogether. medical rounds, n rural camps every so often are all wearing out on my body n soul. n this is why i feel much need for it and am totally psyched to take part in it.

on that note, does anyone here have experience with meditation or is interested in it? if u have experienced it, could u share a bit about your challenges, highlights, and whether u were fulfilled with the experience or not? i'd like to know :)

for those, who are interested in the course, do check out: http://www.dhamma.org/vipassan.htm

it's free. and there maybe centers in ur country/states. it takes place all over the world. all the living, food, and shelter costs are all paid for by donations from those who underwent the course themselves and would like others to experience it. so if it's ur thing, this iss definitely a once in a lifetime must do. n goodluck to u if u part-take in it. as i will need the luck myself. ^_^

Jonnan

sarNie Egg
i've meditated.... but i dont think i've had the full experiance of a "real" intense one. i usually do it when i stress out... and it helps a lot.

they say meditating makes you happier, and helps you to focus with whatever you go through in life.

so yea, i just started ... the longest i've done it was for like 5 min.

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
Oooh I've tried this thing before I think it's actually really relaxing it makes me feel free and relaxed and help me get everything off of my mind =D