Love...Is It Possible Again?

zienan09

sarNie Hatchling
hi! so..im kinda new here..lol..but i hope u read a bit of my writing..tho its not the best..nor is it finished lol. i have two fanfics..and i;ve written some one shots before..buts..

i started this story a long time ago..except i had a major writer's block..and then i just kinda left this for another story i started writing (which is unfinished as well) but i went back to this story because i didnt wanna leave it just hanging there. im in my first year of college now..but im sure i'll still have time here and there to write and to update..so please bear with me. and i have nagging friends waiting for the story to finish..so you all will get a finished story lol. also, i do not have any pictures/posters/banners/etc because i changed the name of my story actually. i dont know if i'll have any..but hopefully its still enjoyable without the pictures =)

i do apologize for mistakes. this is the one story that i have not gone back and edit (besides the title)..and i do not plan on editing it (because someone once told me that the "perfect" story is when it comes out original and fresh) and sorry for rambling on too long..but thanks for taking time to read ^-^ (one more thing..my stories..i go by the pen name of "twinkle"..just so you didnt think i was stealing someone else's work)

-zienan09

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love…Is It Possible Again?
By twinkle

~Prologue~

What causes love to fade away? Is it because those feelings are not there in your heart anymore?
What causes love to come back? How long does one have to wait before those feelings enter the heart once again?​

~Chapter 1~
I can’t wait to meet him. It’s been so long since I met him! Aish…but I wonder what he has to tell me. I wonder if he likes me, like I like him. Or maybe he’s going to tell me that he has a girlfriend. Or maybe he’s going to move back to the States. Or maybe he’s going to live forever in Korea. Whatever it is, it must be important for him to call me so late last night, thought Rita.

*Flashback*
Rita was listening to the sound of the ocean waves that was coming from her alarm clock. She had tried everything, but she still could not fall asleep. The sleepless girl looked at her alarm clock; the alarm clock was flashing 12:30am. A heavy sigh came out of her without her knowing it herself. Her day was as normal as any other day, and her brain was not loaded with any thoughts. Rita also knew that she did not have insomnia, so she did not understand why she could not fall asleep. Suddenly, her cell phone rang, and it brought Rita back to Earth. Rita did not keep an address book because she thought it was too much of a hassle to put in all the phone numbers she knew. When she looked at the number, it did not look familiar.
“Uhh…hello?” Rita answered hesitantly.
“Rita. I guess by the way that you answered, you don’t remember me?” asked the mysterious, yet familiar voice.
Rita could not think of who it was. The voice sounded so familiar but she could not pinpoint who it belonged to. She thought and thought, and it finally dawned on her; it was RyeoWook. “RyeoWook? Is that really you?”
RyeoWook chuckled. “Who else has a sexy voice like mines? I can’t believe you have forgotten about me already. Aish…you are still the forgetful one.”
“Yah! I am not forgetful! You are! You’ve been away for so long and you don’t even call once to tell me how you are doing. Is Korea not good enough for you? When are you coming back?”
“Rita. Going to the States wasn’t my idea. You should know that. It was my parents’ idea for me to go spend a month over there to see if I like it or not. And I‘m already back in Korea.”
“Oh?”
“Yea. I got back just a couple days ago.”
“How come you didn’t tell me? You know I told you to call me when you found out you were coming back to Korea. You know I wanted to pick you up from the airport. Why didn’t you call me?”
“I didn’t want to bother you. Anyway, my parents asked people to come and pick me up already. Don’t be mad at me okay?”
“Fine…but why are you calling this late?”
“What? I can’t? I just wanted to hear your lovely voice at this hour.”
“Yah! You know what time it is?”
“I do, but you don’t sound tired, so I’m guessing it’s okay to talk to you.”
“Fine.”
“You’re still as stubborn as ever. Still as cute as ever too.” Before Rita could say a word of complaint, RyeoWook went on. “And I think I want to see you in person tomorrow. Why don’t we meet up tomorrow at our old place?”
“So that was the importance of this phone call, right? Fine. I’ll meet you at the park at 4:30pm. Don’t be late!”
Rita could hear him let out a small laugh. “Okay then. Good night and sweet dreams Rita.”
“To you too,” and with that, they both hung up.
*End of flashback*

Her friends have been calling her name for a couple minutes now, but still she was off in her own world.
“Do you think she’s okay? Should we call someone?” asked one of her concerned friend.
“Hold on for a couple more seconds. I’ll try one more time.”
“You sure about this?”
“Positive that it’s gonna work. Don’t worry. Just a couple more seconds…okay.” Rita’s friend opened her mouth really wide and shouted, “RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!”
Rita jumped as she heard someone scream loudly. She looked over at her friends. Lily had a thank-goodness-you’re-okay (relieved) look on her face, while Mia laughed hysterically. Rita realized that she must have been daydreaming again.
“What?” asked Rita, pretending she did not know what was going on.
“You scared us! Why do you keep drifting off to outer space like that?!” screamed Lily.
Rita was quite surprised that Lily was so angered by this. “I’m sorry. It’s just that I’m supposed to meet RyeoWook after school today. So, that’s why I was kind of out of it today. Sorry.”
Lily and Mia both looked surprised. The two of them spoke at the same time, “W-w-what?! He’s back?!”
“Yea. He got back a couple days ago.”
“Are you excited about meeting him?” asked Mia curiously.
Before Rita could answer, Lily had started to answer the question. “Of course she would be excited. Rita had the biggest crush on him ever since grade school. Remember when he told her that he was going to the States? She was so mad and sad; she wouldn’t talk to anyone for days. Her face has it written all over it that she’s in love with RyeoWook.”
Rita put her hands up to her face. She was embarrassed by what her friend had just said. The dumbfounded girl did not know that her face had love written all over it. She was speechless and did not know how to respond back.
“Look at her! She’s speechless,” said Mia. Lily and Mia started to laugh at their dumbstruck friend.
Just then a bell rang, and it stopped the girls from having their fun.
“C’mon! We’re gonna be late if we don’t get going now. Class is about to begin. Let’s go!” urged Lily.
The girls headed towards the school building. Instead of thinking about school, each one of the girls thought of how things were going to go after school between RyeoWook and Rita.​

zienan09

sarNie Hatchling
rahut-rissaya: thanks for reading~ buts yea..i was in love with ryeowook back then lols. buts here;s the next parts:

~Chapter 2~
After a long restless day at school, Rita was off to go meet RyeoWook. For the whole day, she thought of what RyeoWook was going to say to her; it drove her insane. She just wanted to get to the park to hear the words that RyeoWook was going to say to her.

Rita was so deep into her thoughts that she did not see the car coming her way when she was crossing the road. Even as the driver honked at her, Rita did not hear it. She finally came back to reality as the driver slammed on the breaks and honked the horn for the last time. The car slid to a stop a couple inches away from her. Rita was horrified. For a moment there, she thought she was going to die and never see RyeoWook ever again.

“Are you crazy?! Do you want to die that badly to come and stand there in the middle of the street?!” yelled the furious driver.

“Mianhamnida. I’m really sorry,” said Rita apologetically, as she bowed her head.

“Aish! Kids these days,” and with that, the driver drove off.

“I said I was sorry,” and a sigh came along before she knew it. I guess I am taking this a bit too serious. What if RyeoWook just wants to chill with me? Gosh…I shouldn’t put my hopes up like this. Maybe it’s nothing big that he wanted to talk to me about. We’ll just chill and hang out like old times.

Before she knew it, she was at the old favorite hang out of RyeoWook and her. She looked around trying to find her friend. Left and right, she looked and looked. Over and Over, but still no sign of RyeoWook yet. She looked at her watch and realized that she was a couple minutes too early.
RyeoWook was that kind of person that would be there just on time. Rita found a bench to sit on and waited there patiently for RyeoWook to show up. A minute went by and already Rita was growing impatient. She decided to stand up and walk around for awhile. As she was about to start pacing, she heard a familiar loving voice call her name. Upon hearing her name called by that particular voice, her heart skipped a beat. Rita slowly turned around to make sure that it was RyeoWook. To her surprise, RyeoWook was standing right behind her; their faces were inches away from each other. Their eyes were lost in each other’s worlds. For minutes, neither of them breathed; they were waiting what the other would do.

Is he going to kiss me? Why is my heart skipping beats? It can’t be possible that I like him THIS much. It seems like he’s not breathing. Is he okay? But then it also seems like I’m not breathing. Am I okay? No wait…I hear him breathing heavily. Am I doing that too? At last we’re both breathing again. But why are we suddenly like this? We are looking into each other’s eyes, both of us lost in each other’s world. It seems like both of us are waiting for something. I know what I’m waiting for…a kiss. I want to feel those lips brush against my lips for once. I want him to wrap his arms around me and hold me forever. No wait! I don’t like him this much! Stop Rita stop!!

Wow. She’s even more gorgeous than the last time when we saw each other. Hmm…wonder what she did to look this stunning. I can hear her breathing heavily, or is that me who is breathing heavily? But why would we be doing so? I always looked at her as my dear dongseng. Is it possible that I am falling for her? My heart…my heart is beating too fast. Is that the feeling you get when you are in love? But could this just be lust tricking my mind and heart? But look at her! She’s beautiful, even if she still has her school outfit on. I could look into her eyes forever and ever. Why can’t I pull my eyes away from her? Is this some kind of trick Rita is using? Or do I really like her? Aish! Stop RyeoWook stop!!

As fast as lightning strikes, RyeoWook and Rita pulled their gazes away from each other.

RyeoWook decided to break the awkwardness between them. “Hey you! Long time no see, huh? How’ve you been?”

“Huh? Uhh…yea. Long time no see. I’ve been doing good, I guess. How about you?”

RyeoWook let out a small laugh. “Don’t be shy around me Rita! Aish…we’ve known each other for this long and still you’re not comfortable around me? Hmm…am I just that cute?”

Rita started turning different shades of red. “I…uhh…I…umm…”

Seeing how Rita was getting embarrassed, RyeoWook decided to stop. “I’m sorry Rita. I was only joking around. I didn’t mean to make you that embarrassed. Anyway, aren’t you going to ask me how I’m doing?”

“I was getting there. You’re still impatient as before. Humph!” RyeoWook’s smile broke into a laugh. “What?! RyeoWook! Don’t laugh at me! Aish!!” Finally he stopped laughing. “Thank you RyeoWook. Hmm…how’ve you been?”

“Hmm…doing well now because I finally get to see you!” and he smile the sweetest smile that made Rita’s knees go weak.

Once Rita regained her strength, she said, “I guess that’s good. But why did you want to see me?”

“What? I can’t see an old friend again? You know it’s been so long since we just hung out.”

“I know, but you called me late at night. So, what’s up?”

Rita kept looking at RyeoWook’s face. She did not know what to make of his facial expression. There was one thing that Rita could make out; that was that RyeoWook was deep into his thoughts.

How am I supposed to tell her? What if she gets mad at me and never wants to see me again? But she’s my little dongseng. I don’t want to lose her. Then again, I have to tell her. I have to no matter what, RyeoWook decided at last.

Before RyeoWook began talking, he took a deep long breath. “Rita…I have something to tell you.”

~Chapter 3~
She was walking down the road, recalling everything that she was told. She had so many mix emotions now that she could not even think straight.

*Flashback*
“Rita…I have something to tell you,” he said.

He has something to tell me? What is it? Could this be the moment that I have been waiting for? The moment he tells me that he likes me too. My heart is beating too fast. I think I’m going to have a heart attack. Oh no. Rita! Calm yourself right now! Calm down. He just wants to tell you something.

“O…o…okay. What do you have to tell me?”

“Rita…I, umm…want to tell you something. Umm…I don’t want to hide it from you. I guess this is the right time to tell you. Umm…I’m going to go live in the States.”

The world around Rita suddenly stopped. She did not see this coming. All the questions that could pass by her lips did not; they overflowed her mind instead. At last, she could only utter, “W…wh…what?”

Seeing Rita in total shock, RyeoWook knew he had to be careful about what be said because he had hit a soft spot. “Rita. My family wanted me go to the States to see if I liked the education there. And…and I do. I already enrolled in a high school there and was accepted just recently. I…I have to leave the day after tomorrow.” While saying all of that, RyeoWook kept his eyes concentrated on the ground. He knew that if he looked at Rita, she would be in tears. He was correct; when he looked up, tears were falling from her shiny, watery eyes.

Did I hear him correctly? But why? Why? Does he have to leave the day after tomorrow? Why can’t he just be sent to a school in Korea that has high standards? Why does it have to be across the ocean? Why? I can’t stop these tears from falling; I must be looking like a fool in front of him. Rita! You have to get yourself together!

Rita was trying to find her voice so she could ask him all the questions that were going through her head. All she could say was “Why?!”

“Rita. You know that I want to get the best education. That education in the States could help me out with my career of being a doctor. Rita…”

“Fine. When are you coming back then?”

“I…I won’t be coming back for awhile…”

“For how long?”

“I’ll come back once I am finish with college.”

“For that long?! But you can’t possibly go for that long! What am I going to do…,” Rita whispered the next words. “…if you aren’t here?”

She said “What am I going to do if you aren’t here?” Does that mean she likes me? Oh my gosh! But why would she like a guy like me? What if I broke her heart? Stupid me, stupid me!! Aish…why didn’t I see this earlier?!

“Rita. I am truly sorry. And…how come you never told me that you liked me?”

“Huh?” Rita’s face showed that she was puzzled. She looked at RyeoWook with those watery eyes of hers; tears started to come out of them pretty soon.

“Rita. I’m so sorry. Please stop crying. I didn’t mean to make you cry. Come here.” RyeoWook pulled Rita into his arms and hugged her. He kept saying “Shhh…”, trying to make Rita calm down and stop crying. After a couple minutes, Rita was only sniffing now. After she got herself together, she slowly pulled away from RyeoWook. Rita’s eyes that were looking towards the ground slowly found their way up to meet his shining eyes.

“RyeoWook. You did not know that I like you? Not at all?”

“Well…I…I…I didn’t know until now.” RyeoWook could not keep eye contact with Rita any longer. He looked away towards some passing cars.

“You never lied to me. I want you to tell me what you are thinking right now.”
RyeoWook hesitated. He didn’t know whether he should or he shouldn’t tell Rita the truth about what he was thinking; he knew that he could hit another soft spot.

As if Rita read his mind, she said, “Don’t worry about me. Just tell me what you are thinking. I promise I won’t cry if you tell me.”

Even with Rita telling him that, RyeoWook still hesitated to tell her; he had to build up his confidence to tell her what he thought. RyeoWook was quiet for several seconds; what was several seconds turned into several minutes, and he did not speak yet.

Finally he said, “Rita.”

Rita had been very patient waiting for RyeoWook to get his courage to tell her. “What is it?”

“I am truly sorry. You were more of a dongseng to me. I always viewed you like my little sister, nothing more. I…I never noticed any signs that
you liked me. Girls always told me that you had the biggest crush on me, but I never did believe them. I thought that they were jealous of you for some other reason, so I never took it to heart. I…I’m sorry. I was stupid to not know.”

“Don’t say sorry anymore. Don’t say that you are stupid. None of this is your fault. I guess…I guess everything happens for a reason. Look…I gotta go now. Call me later and tell me when you will be boarding the plane. If I don’t make it, good luck with your education. Good luck in everything you do. I gotta go. Bye!” and with that, Rita left the park at the speed of light.
*End of Flashback*

Throughout the whole conversation, Rita had kept as strong as she could. Now she was alone and could not hide her tears any longer. Her tears fell slowly down her cheeks; they kept falling and falling nonstop. Rita wondered when she was going to stop crying; she did not know that she could cry for that long.

As soon as she stopped crying, Rita felt more water upon her cheeks. She did not know where the water source was this time; she thought for sure that she had stop crying. More and more drops landed on Rita. At last, she looked up to find dark clouds above her head and raindrops falling down towards the ground. Before Rita could make a movement, it started to pour; she did not do anything but stand there. The girl standing there wanted the rain to wash all the pain and memories away; she did not want any of them anymore for they had hurt her too much. She did not care so much for her health at that moment; she did not care if she got a cold or the flu from the rain. She just wanted the pain to end. Her pain was not the first to go down; the first to go down was the girl herself.

~Chapter 4~

They saw her go down like that. At first they did not think much of it, except that she was a crazy girl standing out in the rain. Because of Changmin, they went closer to have a look at the girl to see if she was okay. As they approached the girl, JaeJoong realized that she was no stranger; she was JaeJoong’s dongseng. Everyone was in shock to find that it was her. JaeJoong quickly ran to her, grabbed her in his arms and tried to shake her awake.

“Dongseng! W…wa…wake up!!” JaeJoong kept shaking Rita to try to make her wake up. Rita opened her eyes just enough to see JaeJoong.

“O…o…oppa…mianhamnida…” and then Rita passed out.

~~~

It was the next day when Rita woke up to find herself in an unknown room.

“R…Rita!!” she heard someone scream. She slowly turned her head to the left to find her brother and his friends towering over her.

The first thing that came out of her mouth was the question that she had been wondering, “Where am I?…”

While JaeJoong was still trying to get over the fact that Rita was okay now, Changmin answered for him, “You are in the hospital. We found you out in the rain…in the streets. I guess you blacked out. How are you feeling?” YooChun snuck out of the room to go find the doctor while Changmin was telling Rita what had happened.

“I’m doing well. Don’t worry about me. Thank you everyone.”

By now, JaeJoong was listening to Rita. “What?! Don’t worry about you?! Are you crazy?! When Mom and Dad finds out about this, I bet they are gonna come on the next flight and see you. Aish! You know how much trouble I’m going to be in?! Why don’t you take care of yourself?! What were you doing in the rain, huh?! Aish…what a babo.”

“Oppa, mianhamnida. I didn’t mean to make you worry about me. Just make sure no one tells Mom and Dad that I passed out. I don’t want you getting in trouble…and I don’t want them to come back to see me. Oppa…when can I go home?”

“You may have to stay another day. We want to do some more check-ups on you to make sure that you are fine,” said the doctor that was coming into the room.

“Good morning doctor,” all the high school students said in unison.

“Good morning to you all too. This young man right here,” the doctor said, pointing at YooChun. “He told me that you have awoken. That was quite a black out you had. Are you experiencing any sign of nausea?”

Rita answered back, “No.”

“Are you feeling any pain anywhere?”

“No.”

“Can you tell me how many fingers I am holding up?” The doctor held up four fingers.

“You are holding up four fingers.”

“Okay. I have to check your heartbeat.” The doctor got out his stethoscope. He placed it on Rita’s arm and listened to her heartbeat. “Okay then. You seem to be doing well. We will run you through some test to make sure that your brain is fine too. We will come back in a couple of hours to get you. During that time, you can just relax.”

“Thank you doctor,” said Rita.

The others followed her action and said thank you as well.

“This is the job of a doctor. Do not thank me. I’ll see you in a bit.” With that, the doctor left the room.

Rita was the first one to break the silence. “Okay. Thanks everyone. You all can go home now. I’ll be okay alone.”

Before anyone could say anything, the door burst open. Two girls came into the room; when they saw Rita, there were so relieved.

They both yelled, “Rita!” and then ran over to give her a big hug.

“Thank goodness you are okay! We were worried sick when we heard about you!” exclaimed Lily.

“Yah!! Why don’t you take care of yourself? Aish! I thought you didn’t want someone caring for you? If you want that, then you gotta start learning how to care for yourself!” yelled Mia.

Rita did not reply to either one of them. All she did was puff out her cheeks and looked around the room, trying to avoid their questioning stares. Everyone knew what this meant; whenever Rita did this, it meant that something big had happened to her. Whenever JaeJoong or the other boys saw this, they were worried sick and they promised revenge if anything happened to her. Luckily, only the girls saw this face.

“JaeJoong? Why don’t you and the boys go home already? We’ll take extra care of her. Promise,” said Lily, trying to get the boys to leave as fast as possible so they could hear Rita’s story.

“Yea! We’ll take good care of her. We’ll send her home safe and sound too. JaeJoong, you must be tired. Hey guys! Take him home and let him rest up. Don’t worry about this babo here. We’ll watch her. Okay…now shoo shoo!” Mia had managed to shoo them out into the hospital hallway.

The girls were silent, for they listened to see if the boys were really going home or not. For several minutes, they did not hear anything; they knew that the boys had left.

Lily was eager to hear the story. “What’s up?”

Rita sighed and looked out the window before she spoke. “RyeoWook’s not coming back to stay. He wants to finish school in America. He’s leaving tomorrow. He never knew I liked him. He never knew till now. He only sees me as a dongseng to him. I guess it’s no good if he stays. If he’s gone, it’ll be better for me too.” Tears started streaming down from Rita’s eyes.

Mia never knew what to say in these kind of situations; it was always Lily speaking for the both of them.

“Rita. Don’t cry. There’s a reason for everything. Maybe this was suppose to happen. Maybe you two would meet back up after he finishes college and you two will fall deeply in love,” Lily said, trying to console her.

“And maybe…we were not meant to be at all.” More tears rolled down Rita’s cheeks. “You said it yourself, everything happens for a reason. Maybe him going away…it’s a sign for me to let him go…that we do not belong together.”

“Rita? Are you going to let him go just like that? You know…it’s not easy to let someone go. I doubt you will be able to get over him in one day.”

“But I must.”

Rita did not say anything more; neither did Lily or Mia. They all looked out the window. More tears started to form in Rita’s eyes. She could not hold them all in; she had to let them run down. The same thing with RyeoWook. She had to let him go. If he stayed by her side, he would only cause her more pain because their way of thinking was different from each other. It was likely that he would not change his way of thinking. If she really loved him, she had to let him go. She had to. There was no other choice.​

Until then~ thanks for reading! ^-^

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
awww that's so sad how Rita got her heart broken and what's worse is that he never knew how she felt :( hope you update this ^^