Learn Thai - Easy words and simple sentences

Step

Mrs James Ma
Sentences

I cant speak Thai - Poot Thai mai dai (Poot - Speak)

Do you understand? - Kao jai mai? (Jai can prounced as chai)

I dont understand - Chun mai kao jai (chun - I)

sarNie Adult
I can somehow understand some words when I hear it but I don't know how it is spelled. Like to marry which is said every 10 mins in Padiwarada I think hahaha it sounds like "Tenggan". Then "WHY" sounds like "thum mai?" (like when the girl rejects the guy, the guy would give an anguished "thuuuum maaai?!") then "jai rai" is "mean" like in Puttipat, I can't forget Chai Pee saying "P'Chai Pat Jai rai!!!" ("P'Chai Pat is mean!") over dramatically. That was so funny. I usually remember words through the dialogue. It's kinda funny.

Step

Mrs James Ma
Question words

What - Arai?

When - Mua (or meu) rai?

Who/whom - Krai?

Whose - Kong krai?

Why - Tum-mai?

Where - Nai or Tee nai? (Nai also means boss. It can also used for YOU. Its informal)

How - Yang ngai/rai?

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Nai, in romanization is spelled the same way, but it is pronounced differently and spelled differently in thai.

Pathiset = disagree/object/protest
mai hen duay = disagree
pathiharn = miracle
ubuthihet = accicent
hai = give or getting/got better
suay = pretty/unlucky (depending on how you say it)
mak gwah/nuea gwah = more than

sarNie Adult
Oh! N'Bieluvr, again I remember "Suay" when Palad Saran (Padiwarada) was talking sarcastically to his wife, Rin, since she kept on ignoring him, he called her"Khun Suay" which I think would roughly translate to "Ms. Beautiful" ("Yes Miss Beautiful, I'll keep my promise!"). Of course there is "Samee" and "Palea" (husband and wife). Then the words with repeating syllables. I dunno how to spell it but it sounds like "Jing jing" (really really?) and "maak maak" (very very) "di di" (good? Not sure) "keng keng" (I think this means well? Or not sick?) "lek lek" (I know lek means small.)

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
040156 said:
Oh! N'Bieluvr, again I remember "Suay" when Palad Saran (Padiwarada) was talking sarcastically to his wife, Rin, since she kept on ignoring him, he called her"Khun Suay" which I think would roughly translate to "Ms. Beautiful" ("Yes Miss Beautiful, I'll keep my promise!"). Of course there is "Samee" and "Palea" (husband and wife). Then the words with repeating syllables. I dunno how to spell it but it sounds like "Jing jing" (really really?) and "maak maak" (very very) "di di" (good? Not sure) "keng keng" (I think this means well? Or not sick?) "lek lek" (I know lek means small.)
Those words where it's said twice like that means "very" like jing jing means "very true/seriously true", mak mak means "very much", dee dee is "Very good". Keng means talented/gifted. Keng Keng means "Very talented" and lek lek is "very small". LOL Samee is husband and i think wife is spelled either "pariya" or "paliya".

Step

Mrs James Ma
FAMILY, RELATIVES NAMES - 2

SPOUSES (Koo somrot or Pua-Mia)

Wife - PhanRaYa. Informal word is Mia
Husband - Samee. Informal word is Pua

Thais pronounce R as L. PhanRaya is pronounced as PhaLaya

Step

Mrs James Ma
Day before yesterday - Meua Wan Suen Nee

Yesterday - Meua Wan Nee

Today - Wun Nee

Tomorrow - Prong Nee

Day after tomorrow - Maruen Ni (pronounciation - ma roon)

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
so i found this vdo that i think is the easiest vdo that can make actually really learn thai fast but i have a problem id idn't found the rest of the alphabet 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQEux3Fo1Oc

thai has soooo mannyyy alphabet :faint: :faint: it's really hard to learn thai i don't know if i still want to learn it it  takes a lot of time :facepalm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRVOVx6Ujjw

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
this is crazy they have soo many constant and they look verrrrryyyy extremely similar in pronunciation not only that you have to learn to associate the vowels to them too with themselves they have this similar difficult sound :phew: :phew: :phew:

this is th emost clear i think vdo of the vowels how they are written and pronounced  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bEjrBuHwYw 

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
i think this can be useful so will put it here
the abbreviation of the months in thai
ก. พ. - Feb.

มี. ค. - Mar.

เม. ย. - Apr.

พ. ค. - May

มิ. ย. - Jun.

ก. ค. - Jul.

ส. ค. - Aug.

ก. ย. - Sept.

ต. ค. - Oct.

พ. ย. - Nov.

ธ. ค. - Dec.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I always go to Learnthaiwithmod.com to understand Thai better, and of course to hold good conversations. lol I'm not good with Thai myself but I could make sense of the ongoing conversations in lakorns. I would translate for my sisters sometimes just to show off. Hahha!

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
this is exactly why i give up learning thai each time i try cause of thi exact reason 1:42 min , like how i suppose to get the right tone that they look the same how when i hear someone speaking how i can make difference between this 5 tones

pookkyz000

sarNie Egg
Nai, in romanization is spelled the same way, but it is pronounced differently and spelled differently in thai.

Pathiset = disagree/object/protest
mai hen duay = disagree
pathiharn = miracle
ubuthihet = accicent
hai = give or getting/got better
suay = pretty/unlucky (depending on how you say it)
mak gwah/nuea gwah = more than
s
middle tone - unlucky
rissing tone - pretty