Laos New Year

che3ri0s

sarNie Egg
just came by this topic b/c i happen to be apart of it also. i love laos' new year b/c i get a chance to pray more. it's a good way to have "boon" but heres some piks. the piks above happens to be my boyfriends' cousin's girlfriend lol. anyways heres some piks from 2005 Laos new year in Broussard, LA:::

<--me wit my partner during the fashion show
cousin and i

there u go. have fun ^^

shubby

sarNie Adult
im going to the temple wtih my family and then party...lolz...i would like to be in LA for the Lao New Year....heard ...about it...and would like to be there as well......anyone wanna join me..lolz...hahahha

che3ri0s

sarNie Egg
lol thanks Reagan. i have mostly pageant piks but i'll try to find other events like the traditional dancing and water fights. but for now here are a few others:::

me and a friend
more ladies from the pageant of 2005

the Fashion show...i'm all the way to the right*

Mom and I

enjoy* ^^

Reagan

sarNie Adult
Nice.... gives me an idea, I wouldnt mind being one of those guys who walk the girls out! lol would be fun!

Keomany

Music.heal.All
shubby said:
im going to the temple wtih my family and then party...lolz...i would like to be in LA for the Lao New Year....heard ...about it...and would like to be there as well......anyone wanna join me..lolz...hahahha
[post="65699"][/post]​
yea i heard in LA they have the best boon for new year...for this year i have to travel back to the temple back home with my family and grandma....so we all do "boon" together

Saifah

bite me x___
OMG!!! I LOVE NEW YEAR!! ITS SO MUCH FUN!! HM.. WE GO TO THE TEMPLE OF COURSE. BUT DURING SCHOOL DAY, WE CELEBRATE TOO. BRINGING WATER BALLOONS TO SCHOOL AND USING WATER BOTTLE AND SQUIRK AT EACH OTHER... ITS FUN AND WE MAKE IT FUN!!

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Man i miss the water fights LOL In Chicago, its still too cold in April to have water fights. So its just the temple and dancing. We also have a festival where theres 100s of tents of ppl selling stuff and food. So its fun! But down south, we literaly sprayed each other with the water hose cause its so darn hot! Miss those days.

arissa

sarNie Elites
I have some pictures from Last year Lao New Celebration here in Providence, RHode Island...I will post it up..as soon as I finished scanning them......
:D I have to say that I LOVE IT when Lao New Year rolls around...because I get to "Thuk Baht"......always tried to get rid of all my wrong deeds from the previous years....and start off fresh with a new year......BUT one thing I hate about being in RHode Island during Lao New Year is...you dont really get to water each other......because the weather is STILL VERY COLD in April.....

dfemc

sarNie Adult
missjoy said:
The town is call New Iberia, LA. They do have streets with Laos name, it's kind of neat. Right now the temple is hosting a lot of the refugees that fled Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. I t's pretty sad, some lost their family and still trying to look for them.
[post="17725"][/post]​
wow....i've always been curious about the Southeast Asians, especially the Laotian, VietNamese and Cambodian communities who may have been affected by Hurrican Katrina. Many of them did not hit the publicity scale or nation's awareness as much as the other folks. Hmm...i wish ppl who were involved in helping out the other families or were directly affected by it or have families affected by it would post up stuff about their experience. that would be good to hear so that more could be done to organize assistant programs specific to our Southeast Asian Population.

but that's interesting to hear that there's that much history already being placed in a town called New Iberia in LA.

thnx for letting us know. that's sooo cool. :)