Laos New Year

Leila

sarNie Juvenile
OMG!!!! I LOVE NEW YEAR!!! At school, we make it like a whole week long affair sinnce like all the New Years are kind of bundled to the same time frame. Well, we powder eachother and get eachother with shaving cream and just have a blast. When it's Lao New Year my family and I go to the Temple and "thuk bhat" and the after we power eachother and pour water on eachother, it a lot of fun!!

julie

sarNie Egg
yeps. i love it when they user powder and shaving cream. over here, they also use lipstick. lmao.

but yeah, this year, goin to the temple.

here's pix from this year's new years.

Nueng

sarNie Juvenile
haha i heard you only use lipstick when it's someone you like!! hehe...soo when i moved up to indiana...haven't done anything for laos new year!! been soo busy around that time!!

kyoko

sarNie Egg
does ne1 go to the miss lao pagent they have when the new year comes around? the ones that i go to is always ghetto, they say that it will start at 5 or 6 pm but end up starting 2 or 3 hours later, and the one you want to win and should have won didn't cause the winner knew one of the judge or they cheated and had their mom buy alot of ballons or flowers? do u girls know what i mean or is it me?

julie

sarNie Egg
kyoko said:
does ne1 go to the miss lao pagent they have when the new year comes around? the ones that i go to is always ghetto, they say that it will start at 5 or 6 pm but end up starting 2 or 3 hours later, and the one you want to win and should have won didn't cause the winner knew one of the judge or they cheated and had their mom buy alot of ballons or flowers? do u girls know what i mean or is it me?
[post="11578"][/post]​
ohh i kno exactly what yu mean by that whole balloon thing .. it's totally unfair. also the judges themselvez are unfair .. grr .

ladeemurda

sarNie Egg
^^ yeah i know what u mean! lol but i heard that they already pick the person who is going to win before they have the pagent.

hmmm laos new year at the temple is dangerous also the khmai temple too like last year this guy got shot in the head but i still go but iono if imma go this year probably not but forsure going to have a ballon, shaving cream, egg, water gun fight.

julie

sarNie Egg
ladeemurda said:
^^ yeah i know what u mean! lol but i heard that they already pick the person who is going to win before they have the pagent.

hmmm laos new year at the temple is dangerous also the khmai temple too like last year this guy got shot in the head but i still go but iono if imma go this year probably not but forsure going to have a ballon, shaving cream, egg, water gun fight.
[post="14359"][/post]​
omg ! shot in the head ?! that's skarryy.

lol. that's truee i really do think that pick the person before the pagent even begins lol

missjoy

sarNie Elites
I was in a pageant once and it was the 2 and last one.. lol.. they do the balloons and flowers because it is a big fundraiser. We made $10,000 from that alone. But whomever gets the most ballons and flowers wins miss popularity.

Then we have judges to actually pick the winner. The judges are the bias one that doesn't really know the contestant and is not really involved with the committe... and guess what? I won? :) I was the oldest too, but i think i present myself well and is more mature then the other contestants.. that's why the judges picked me....

then when new years parade came around and all the contestant was suppose to be in the float, all of them skipped out b/c they were mad that they didn't win... so that's why it was the last pageant.. the temple committee did not want people's feelings to be hurt.. so now they just select a "nang song karn" without the pageant.

kitkat

sarNie Elites
missjoy said:
I was in a pageant once and it was the 2 and last one.. lol.. they do the balloons and flowers because it is a big fundraiser. We made $10,000 from that alone. But whomever gets the most ballons and flowers wins miss popularity.

Then we have judges to actually pick the winner. The judges are the bias one that doesn't really know the contestant and is not really involved with the committe... and guess what? I won? :) I was the oldest too, but i think i present myself well and is more mature then the other contestants.. that's why the judges picked me....

then when new years parade came around and all the contestant was suppose to be in the float, all of them skipped out b/c they were mad that they didn't win... so that's why it was the last pageant.. the temple committee did not want people's feelings to be hurt.. so now they just select a "nang song karn" without the pageant.
[post="15140"][/post]​
wow, my cousin did these things.. yeah balloon thingy based for miss popularity then there's real winner later on. also my cousin won it, too...she's really young to win that since she was only probably 14 years old. about parade? wow all contestants skipped out? geesh show some respect. it's suck that your judges decided not to get pageant going on again. i have some pictures.. so i'll post it here. :D

missjoy

sarNie Elites
she's cute.. where was this at?

she looks older than 14 in that one picture in the gown.. i didn't look that HOT when I was 14.. lol..

kitkat

sarNie Elites
yeah she was 14 at that time. the reason she looked older because of her older sister's kind of makeup artist. that's why. =) without makeup, she really looks so young. that goldish gown is so gorgeous, her mom has a great taste of clothes. =p i'll try to find one of her without makeup pictures. =)

aww you weren't that hot when you were 14? cmon everyone has their own beauty. =p

ladeemurda

sarNie Egg
julie said:
omg ! shot in the head ?! that's skarryy.

lol. that's truee i really do think that pick the person before the pagent even begins lol
[post="14384"][/post]​
yeah scary like this man got shot for no reason he wasnt in a gang but that guy that got shot in the head was in a gang.....stupid huh have some respect its at the temple u know
even though its a good time to catch everyone slippin

oo kitkat ur cousin is pretty was she the youngest in the pagent?

julie

sarNie Egg
kitkat said:
march 24th-27th 2005 louisiana LNY

enjoy it. :D
[post="15255"][/post]​
ohh woww .. i somehow missed seein these pictures. hehe. it's pretty ! i've been to a new year in LA. it was awesome ! hehe. there was this one "community" juss full of lao people. and i think they had like roads with lao last names too. hehe.

missjoy

sarNie Elites
julie said:
ohh woww .. i somehow missed seein these pictures. hehe. it's pretty ! i've been to a new year in LA. it was awesome ! hehe. there was this one "community" juss full of lao people. and i think they had like roads with lao last names too. hehe.
[post="16005"][/post]​
The town is call New Iberia, LA. They do have streets with Laos name, it's kind of neat. Right now the temple is hosting a lot of the refugees that fled Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. I t's pretty sad, some lost their family and still trying to look for them.