laos holidays

babylakorn

sarNie Egg
hey do you guys know when the laos new years is and where or any other laos holiday, i want to go to one but don't know where or when.

noungning

Heartless
we are having a big festival at the wat here in rhode island, april 21st pageant day, 22nd parade day.

if u live near by come on over. lol :)

Ashi

sarNie Hatchling
i live in dallas we have a big parade here if you know alot of people now here its really fun

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
I think Boon That Luang is next in October or November... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
I think Boon That Luang is next in October or November... someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The Boat Festival (boon Song Huea) is in October ... As for Boon That Luang .. I believe that is in November or December .. There are other festivals in Laos but I don't know the name of the festivals

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
Man, I never know when there are Lao holidays. Other than New Years, I'm pretty :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :drool:
When I was smaller and I used to go to the Temple each week, my mom would say "oh today's a holiday" and then next sunday comes "today's a holiday" and it just seem like every weekend was like a holiday............... I'm so lost and clueless. I don't know the holidays are, I don't what's behind those days. I just :blink: :blink: :blink:
Can someone explain some of the major holidays for me so I don' look like :blink: :blink: when i'm talking to the grown ups.

Rakniran

News & Upcoming Events 2007
at Wat Lao Buddhavong

http://www.watlao.org/html/newsevents.htm

Saturday, June 23, 2007:
Boun Phra Vethsandon

Saturday-Sunday, July 7-8, 2007:
2007 Wat Lao Buddhavong Annual Festival
70th Birthday Celebration of Ven. Bounmy Kittidhammavanno
Independance Day & Family Reunion

Saturday, July 28, 2007:
Buddhist Lent Beginning Day