Lao people!! Where are you??!

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
lol my mom makes thum something everyday, whether it's long string beans, cabbage, cucumber, papaya, vermicelli (kow poon), carrots, plantain, thai egg plant, sour mangos (my fav). haha but it gets quite sickening to eat it everyday seriously, i know some say they can eat it everyday... um if u live in my household u will learn to get sick of it lmfao because it's my mom's fav food.
wow. i can say i would agree. I'd get tired of it if it were everyday. I get sick if we eat fish the whole week cuz my dad goes fishing (cat fish one day, then carpie, then lap ba, then tom ba, etc, etc.) I like all the things you listed. Has your mom ever mixed any of those together to make Thum Sua? Sour grapes are good too :) One thing I don't care eating daily is rice.

noungning

Heartless
yeah haha i don't eat rice daily either because um yeah i get tired of it. yeah i tend to get bored with anything easily so food is also one of them. haha my mom doesn't make thum sua/mua... i think she did a few times, but if she mixes, it's usually cabbage with vietnamese vermicelli... kowpoon. or papaya and vermicelli. she doesn't do the sour grapes, but we eat the sour grapes with the sweet fish sauce dipping lol. that's the small small pickled grapes from thailand in a bottle type.

i2eminisce

sarNie Egg
Thought I'd revive an older thread... that - and because I'm new. :) Just discovered this site tonight! hehe. and from what I've read, I guess this forum is not very active. lol. ah well, check back in 3 weeks maybe.

anyway, I'm originally from Luang Prabang, Ban Sangkhalok... for those who care, and now I am currently a university student in the state of Ohio. :) - tae wa.. mee tae khon thai u nee. -_- bor sohne jai dok.

hooray for dual citizenship!

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
hmm... this section has slowed down again. Come on fellow Lao people, let's party in here! heehhee... oh who am I kidding, maybe you guys are too busy with the outside world while I am stuck on the net? :D

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
What part of Florida are you living in ladyofdarkness?

I live around the Tampa Bay area...