khmer movies

gs

Sexy Back
i dont really watch that much but the one i do watch i have to say i like this one movie it really old....story is like janjera

menia

oh, I remember that movie. isn't play by Somdara and Chonchan Lakana? the title called romdo tung mea?(sorry i'm bad in w/ writing). I like that movie alot. anyway, I really miss Somdara. He is good at crying scene. I also like him in the movie called "no father". I love oldie movie and in 80 and 90, but now khmer entertaniment is getting better. the like the modern movie they make right now.

K

KawaiiTennyo

i think the quality sucks and the actor and actress has way to much makeup on.. but for the love of khmer people.. i will not go on .. talking crap =)

Twinky

sarNie Elites
Well, there's this one khmer movie that's been out for awhile and my sister said it's the best khmer movie she have seen so far...(considering that she usually hate khmer movies cause she can't stand the voice) but this one she actually recommended to me it call something like "Soya Reap Leap" (sorry not good with my khmer/english spelling either) but's it's suppose to be something about the sunset....hopefully I don't sound too confusing...LOL

K

KawaiiTennyo

Twinky said:
Well, there's this one khmer movie that's been out for awhile and my sister said it's the best khmer movie she have seen so far...(considering that she usually hate khmer movies cause she can't stand the voice) but this one she actually recommended to me it call something like "Soya Reap Leap" (sorry not good with my khmer/english spelling either) but's it's suppose to be something about the sunset....hopefully I don't sound too confusing...LOL
[post="5947"][/post]​
is there english subtitles for it and ask her for the summary please.. =)

Twinky

sarNie Elites
I'm not sure if there is an english subtitle for it but my sis told me it's a very very sad movie...at the end the pa'ke or the na'ke dies(when the sun was about to set.. sorry I can't remember the rest...but hey if she has time I'll tell her to come and write a brief summary for you ok...lol :)

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Twinky said:
I'm not sure if there is an english subtitle for it but my sis told me it's a very very sad movie...at the end the pa'ke or the na'ke dies(when the sun was about to set.. sorry I can't remember the rest...but hey if she has time I'll tell her to come and write a brief summary for you ok...lol :)
[post="6227"][/post]​

oh that movie? my aunt was watching it...I didn't watch it but I know the song from it..the girls name is Soriya....the song goes something like Soriya Lagneack Tagnai? Is that right Miss Twinky.

I don't watch Khmer movies that much...too many things gets on my nerve...the voice, the wardrobe same style...they need a new stylist; same tiara or crown almost all of them. That long hair one minute and short hair the next isn't doing much for me either. But I do like some...Oh forgot the unoriginal soundtrack... :rolleyes:

ok I'm mean but I'm honest...

Twinky

sarNie Elites
Bluemoon
oh that movie? my aunt was watching it...I didn't watch it but I know the song from it..the girls name is Soriya....the song goes something like Soriya Lagneack Tagnai? Is that right Miss Twinky.

I don't watch Khmer movies that much...too many things gets on my nerve...the voice, the wardrobe same style...they need a new stylist; same tiara or crown almost all of them. That long hair one minute and short hair the next isn't doing much for me either. But I do like some...Oh forgot the unoriginal soundtrack...
LOL I don't know how it goes because I haven't seen it for myself, but my younger sister and my best friend just recomend this movie too me also my aunt and mom...they seem to all loved it....hehehe and yeah I'm like you I don't watch a lot of khmer movie but I do watch a lot of their karaoke though...lol :lol: :lol:

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
lol my aunt has it so I might borrow hers just to see...

Did u guys hear about the controversy over Chan Leakeana though her name is everywhere....about her role as Noun in that one movie. I watched the interview from my uncles' house the other day. Wow I'm shocked

Twinky

sarNie Elites
BlueMoon
Did u guys hear about the controversy over Chan Leakeana though her name is everywhere....about her role as Noun in that one movie. I watched the interview from my uncles' house the other day. Wow I'm shocked
Yeah I heard about it but I haven't seen the interview yet...I wanted to but I don't think it's worth 10 or 12 dollars just for an interview that I will only watch onced....well hey I was just curious was she really naked in the movie because in the music video with her an I think his name is Lo man I thought that was soooo..... :blink: :blink: you know...hehehehe

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
I saw the interview. I guess the rumor was about her and her husband spliting up because of the movie. But it's not true, in the interview, her husband (Chany...spelling?)appeared as a guest and told everyone in the audience as well as others viewing that he and his wife aren't seperated, that they are still together and planning having a baby maybe next year (or at least he is). And he also said that he supported her and behind her 100% about the movie and the whole ordeal.

I thought it was really sweet of him to say all the nice things about his wife during that interview.

SARY

sarNie Egg
I don't know why everyone is so shocked, she's happily married it seems and this couple seems to be real because they always together, I am glad he is backing up his wife or supporting her because if the shoes was in the other feet it would be double-standard. I know Cambodia is still susceptible to scandals, but history dictates that khmer women have always been in touch with their sexuality. For example the Ankgor Watt apsaras, and also this is a movie, it is all acting with hundreds of people looking on, get over it. The couple have.

khmai_gurl

sarNie Egg
sorry to go off topic but when i watch the khmer movies with the english subtitles some of the words are the wrong translations lol i find it funny!

AF4aZns

sarNie Egg
Hahaha I was trying to sing Khmer karaoke the other day. You know the ones with the English subtitles? Anyhow it was hard for me to sing because the English words didn't make any sense. My mom was looking at me like "wtf is she trying to say". Lol I'm sorry to say this about my khmer peepz, but they need to learn how to translate better and write better too. It's unbelievable though when I sing in Thai. The English subtitles are so easy to read! Thank God for Grammy hahaha!!!

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
khmai_gurl said:
sorry to go off topic but when i watch the khmer movies with the english subtitles some of the words are the wrong translations lol i find it funny!
[post="10976"][/post]​

LOL yeah that's so true, but um not just Cambodian movies, but, also the Chinese movies that have subtitles...ughh the translation are kind of off sometimes. Maybe it is just me, but do you guys find yourself reading the subtitles even though the movie is dubbed in your language sometimes?

sheven7

sarNie Egg
its true...in khmer movies u hear the same words and phrases over and over again....makes khmer seem like a really undiverse language. They should really try to dub things better and give a better look into the capabilities of khmer. I mean theres just as many words in khmer as any other language, why not use them?

Mara Phang

sarNie Adult
I've only seen a few Cambodian movies, but the ones I would recommend are called Klaeng Datch Csaey (translation: Stringless Kite) and Tharunagum Doung Jit (translation: Painful Love). These two movies were sad and meaningful.