[KBS] Secrets

cecilia

Staff member
One complain -- it could have been better. I personally think MH and JS need more development in their romance as well. It looked like an one side love from MH to JS until the very last three episodes .. and like Phatman said, i don't know when she fell for him b/c she was so so occupied w/DH case and her baby chase.

The ending was pretty rush to me too .. i still don't get their collaboration, their first kiss, and their CONSUMMATION ... what was the meaning behind all those three? Anyway, it had potential to be great .. but failed to deliver at the end.

As for NICE GUY, i thought it was great  to me.  I didn't see any flaw yet.  

Off topic:
If anyone want a good kdrama to watch, go watch BRIDAL MASK! OMG, it was daebak!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC4lY8zvfC8
Credit: as tagged

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I've read good reviews on Nice Guy/Innocent Man and Bridal Mask, BUT not a fan of the male leads...

cecilia

Staff member
phatman said:
I've read good reviews on Nice Guy/Innocent Man and Bridal Mask, BUT not a fan of the male leads...
lol I didn't like the male leads too .. but end up LOVING them after the kdrama. You could say, my fever was high!!!

I really like MASTER SUN, BRIDAL MASK, KING OF 2 HEARTS, and NICE GUY .. to me, they're better than SECRET GARDEN of WONBIN/HAJIWON even though i have my bias on them, always.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
cecilia said:
lol I didn't like the male lead too .. but end up LOVING them after the kdrama. You could say, my fever was high!!!

I really like MASTER SUN, BRIDAL MASK, KING OF 2 HEARTS, and NICE GUY .. to me, they're better than SECRET GARDEN of WONBIN/HAJIWON even though i have my bias on them, always.

You enjoyed King 2 Hearts too?! HAHA. So funny that all the dramas you named, I didn't want to watch because of ONE reason, not interested in the male lead. I'm not a fan of Hyun Bin either, that's why I didn't watch Secret Garden. HAHA. BUT, perhaps I shall set aside my picky~ness and just watch it for the sake of the show. :ghehe:

fun

Expired Sarnie
I th nk the script writer loss his or her track after the baby was still alive being disclose.

I loved Bridal Mask but after episode 10, I was lost. The actress was bad and her character didnt help either.

cecilia

Staff member
fun said:
I th nk the script writer loss his or her track after the baby was still alive being disclose.

I loved Bridal Mask but after episode 10, I was lost. The actress was bad and her character didnt help either.
I find her really beautiful .. and natural looking (don't know if she did any surgery or not).  I thought the drama was good despite whatever happened in the end ... i love love LEE KANGTO assertive attitude!

Phatman, i love love KING OF 2 HEARTS .. super LSG fan girl -- He always have good project under his belt .. GU FAMILY was awesome too but a bit teeny like for me to enjoy it fully unlike KING OF 2 HEARTS, MASTER SUN, BRIDAL MASK, and NICE GUY. I didn't want to watch king of 2 hearts at first due to its north/south korea love story but b/c i like lsg in Brilliant Legacy and GU FAMILY, i gave it a try and end up loving it! 

I went to watch those drama up there b/c i have nothing in lakorn to watch.  Also, these received good reviews too so i 'literally' force myself to watch them. I end up doing marathon on all of them b/c it's that good for me ... and yup, i was not a fan of SJS, SJK, and JW but end up loving them in these dramas after i'm done.  

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
cecilia said:
I find her really beautiful .. and natural looking (don't know if she did any surgery or not).  I thought the drama was good despite whatever happened in the end ... i love love LEE KANGTO assertive attitude!

Phatman, i love love KING OF 2 HEARTS .. super LSG fan girl -- He always have good project under his belt .. GU FAMILY was awesome too but a bit teeny like for me to enjoy it fully unlike KING OF 2 HEARTS, MASTER SUN, BRIDAL MASK, and NICE GUY. I didn't want to watch king of 2 hearts at first due to its north/south korea love story but b/c i like lsg in Brilliant Legacy and GU FAMILY, i gave it a try and end up loving it! 

I went to watch those drama up there b/c i have nothing in lakorn to watch.  Also, these received good reviews too so i 'literally' force myself to watch them. I end up doing marathon on all of them b/c it's that good for me ... and yup, i was not a fan of SJS, SJK, and JW but end up loving them in these dramas after i'm done.  

Hehe, right now I have no lakorns to watch either and I finished with Secret, so I'm watching When a Man Loves with Song Seung Hun and Shin Se Kyung. As nice as the title sounds, I'm not feeling the drama at all. I don't even know if I want to continue. Haha. But anyway, after all finishes or...fails, I'll go check out those dramas you named.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Girl from BM is pretty indeed but I was referring to her acting. She didnt improve in 5 fingers (another potentially good drama). I swear there is a lot of good kdrama out there but the latter half just doesnt do it justice. Lakorns, majority of them has better endings.

Koreans are terrible at revenge genre ESP the one that include romance.

cecilia

Staff member
^I didn't think that she's that bad at her acting ... i'm actually okay with it ..

phatman said:
Hehe, right now I have no lakorns to watch either and I finished with Secret, so I'm watching When a Man Loves with Song Seung Hun and Shin Se Kyung. As nice as the title sounds, I'm not feeling the drama at all. I don't even know if I want to continue. Haha. But anyway, after all finishes or...fails, I'll go check out those dramas you named.
The plot sounded good but I couldn't finish it either .. i skipped to the end and watched the ending after starting at episode 1 lmao

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
cecilia said:
^I didn't think that she's that bad at her acting ... i'm actually okay with it ..

The plot sounded good but I couldn't finish it either .. i skipped to the end and watched the ending after starting at episode 1 lmao
The plot isn't that interesting to me, but I'm watching it because of SSH. Haha. Idk though it's getting really boring...haha.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
For me ep. 4-13 was good. Ep. 1-3 (boring, cuz she was still SO crazy about DH) 14, 15, 16 - by this time I was ready to get it over with. The luster was sort of lost after ep. 12. They had TOO many plot twists. It was good while I was watching it, but I really didn't like how they dragged the case all the way till the end. I don't think it's justified for the villain to be in jail for 5 mins in the finale. While the WHOLE time DH and SY was over there slapping people, throwing paper in Yoo Jeong's face, and always getting the last word. I was ready for a big turn-of-the-tables moment. But what did we get? SY going abroad, and DH going to jail. -_- DH's mother should have begged for mercy. I wanted YJ to slap her so bad. (Don't get me wrong, I respect my elders with the highest regards, but DH's mother is REALLY cruel)

Still a good script. There hasn't been too many good scripts  in 2013 besides, "I Miss You" & "The Master's Sun".
There were a few that were pretty likeable though like, Monstar, Nailshop Paris, I Hear Your Voice, & Flower Boy Next Door" (just my picks)

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Oh gee, I'm a bit scared to watch the last few episodes for Secret. But it is still one of my favorite kdramas this year :) I agree, I'm a bit iffy on how they came to love each other because they never really showed it through their actions & emotions. Other than that, I'm really enjoying the great acting from all characters.

As for kdramas, I'd recommend Bridal Mask and Baker King ^^

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
huajaikaungtur said:
Oh gee, I'm a bit scared to watch the last few episodes for Secret. But it is still one of my favorite kdramas this year :) I agree, I'm a bit iffy on how they came to love each other because they never really showed it through their actions & emotions. Other than that, I'm really enjoying the great acting from all characters.

As for kdramas, I'd recommend Bridal Mask and Baker King ^^

Didn't Baker King dominate in ratings during it's air time? I wanted to watch it, but idk got turned off by the 30 episodes. Haha. I know, it's not much compared to the 50+, but I like to watch dramas that are at the most 20 episodes.

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Phatman: Yeah, it had pretty high ratings and same with you. I don't prefer watching dramas with a lot of episodes but I'm so glad I gave this drama a try. I didn't care for any of the actors and actresses but it's one great drama and definitely one of my faves. It has a lot of morals and a great storyline. You should watch it :D I have a feeling you'll like it.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
huajaikaungtur said:
Phatman: Yeah, it had pretty high ratings and same with you. I don't prefer watching dramas with a lot of episodes but I'm so glad I gave this drama a try. I didn't care for any of the actors and actresses but it's one great drama and definitely one of my faves. It has a lot of morals and a great storyline. You should watch it :D I have a feeling you'll like it.
Oh really? Perhaps I should then. Idk, I'm not really a fan of Eugene, I mean I'm pretty neutral with her, and idk who the guys is...so...we'll see. Thanks for the rec though.

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
phatman said:

Well gee, you'll probably end up regretting your choice on watching When a Man Loves as the episodes go on, it's a total trainwreck drama, from the awful acting to the ridiculous plot. Save your time! XD

fun

Expired Sarnie
Baker King was decent but not great as what the rating the drama earned. It was popular nationwide but internationally, it was a miss. Again Korean aren't great in the revenge world of drama. Queen In Hyun Man still remains best drama, it defies cliche lol had one or two loop holes but definitely good story telling.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
Lol I thought King Two Hearts was a pretty good drama. I tried watching When a Man Loves but I found it really annoying and boring so I stop.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
queenyeon said:

Well gee, you'll probably end up regretting your choice on watching When a Man Loves as the episodes go on, it's a total trainwreck drama, from the awful acting to the ridiculous plot. Save your time! XD
Um, I gave up already. Haha. Started skipping at episode 5, gave up after episode 7. It's not going anywhere.

Didn't really like Shin Se Kyung before, now I absolutely do not like her. She is awful. Bad, bad. Song Seung Hun was alright being his usual self, er his usual role. Nothing spectacular.

saki

sarNie Adult
I've only seen a few kdramas but among those I've seen, Green Rose and Secrets are my favorites. It's funny because in GR, it's the guy who gets imprisoned for something he didn't do...whereas in Secrets, it's the girl! lol  Anyway, this was a really good drama. I got real depressed throughout but the ending made me happy again so I guess you could say the story affected me as a viewer. I wish this drama were a lot more popular, it's so underrated in kdrama-land. 

Anyway, I just loved the part where the bad guy cried and smacked himself in the end. I was so mad at him and it was satisfying to see him get what he deserved! Too bad his awful mom only got a short time in jail. But at least the lead couple got together. I think if there's one thing I would've changed or added- I'd have wanted to see what made the lead male's father finally accept the girl. He was dead set against his son getting together with the girl then all of a sudden he didn't seem to mind? Also, since the male lead was no longer president of KGroup hotel was he still in charge of the restaurant business? I think the ending was a bit rushed and wouldn't have minded just one more episode to address these questions. Not that I wanted 20 episodes because that would've been to long IMHO and they would've dragged it out too much.