Ka Nom Thai

PoWeR3FeVeR

sarNie Juvenile
watching Mart and Cherry's lakorn is making me want to learn how to make Thai pastries.

anyone know how to make them?

my mom's the same. :lol: after the cherry/mart lakorn, she whipped out the thai jello. woon i think it's called.

it's like making american jello except agar agar is used, coconut & eggs.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Yeah the only thing I can bake is pre-made... just opt to heat it up lol... now I really want to learn!!! Anyone has secret recipes share them!!!

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
Awww I'd love to know some too =) Cherrys ka nom looks so good! I love how they show recipes at the end of each episode, Sooooooo cute<3

CherryApple

sarNie Adult
Just the other day I tried for the first ka nom thong'ake it was very sweet and nice^^

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
my mom's the same. :lol: after the cherry/mart lakorn, she whipped out the thai jello. woon i think it's called.

it's like making american jello except agar agar is used, coconut & eggs.
Ahhhh I loveee Woon :D I haven't had some in a while!

I had some Nam Waan the other day it was goood.... :p

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Yummm Noy I had some nam wan last night! It was DELICIOUS! Also, kanom chan too! Can't wait to go get more LOL.

sphek

sarNie Juvenile
I know how to make sweet rice with coconut milk.
That the only easy dessert I could make. :D

Areeya

sarNie Adult
I also want to learned...If there is a skool I would like to register for it...I think this would be my next hobby...I really want to learned eventhough I dont know how to cook, but it would be great to know how to make khanom...

Ahhhh I loveee Woon :D I haven't had some in a while!

I had some Nam Waan the other day it was goood.... :p
The last time I had it was probably 10 yrs. ago! :lol: I guess I have the Cherry/Mart lakorn to thank for my recent woon eating fest. B)

Some girl was trying to sell my mom namwan the other day from the Cambodian store. It's the green gelatin stuff with coconut & syrup. My mom loves that stuff.

I'm all for pumpkin with coconut! :dude: Also haven't had that in 10 yrs. or more. :lmao:

PoWeR3FeVeR

sarNie Juvenile
Mung Bean Thai Custard Dessert Recipe
(Khanom Maw Kaeng)

INGREDIENTS:
4 eggs
2 duck's eggs
1/2 cup cooked taro or hulled mung beans, mashed finely
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup palm sugar

1/2 cup crisp-fried shallot slices
2 tbsp oil from the fried shallots
3 pandanus leaves

PREPARATION:
1. Break all the eggs into a bowl, add sugar and coconut cream. Mix thoroughly by kneading with the pandanus leaves until the sugar has dissolved. Strain the mixture through cheesecloth, add mashed taro or mung beans, and mix well. Pour into an 8"x8" baking pan.

2. Bake in an oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until the custard is done and the surface is golden brown. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool. Sprinkle with the crisp-fried shallot, and cut into 2x2-inch pieces to serve.

PoWeR3FeVeR

sarNie Juvenile
Banana in Coconut Milk Dessert Recipe
(Kluay Buat Chee)

INGREDIENTS:
10 ripe bananas
1/2 cup coconut cream
3 cups coconut milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
PREPARATION:
1. Peel the bananas, cut each in half lengthwise, then cut across to get 4 pieces.

2. Pour the coconut milk into a pot and cook over medium heat until it boils.

3. Add the bananas, and cook until soft then add sugar and salt.

4. After sugar has completely dissolved, pour in the coconut cream, then remove from the heat.

5. Serve the warm bananas in a dessert bowl.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
deres lots of recipes online all over da place. dere might be some on youtube too lol my friend found some thai recipes on youtube haha it wasn't dessert though

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Yummm Noy I had some nam wan last night! It was DELICIOUS! Also, kanom chan too! Can't wait to go get more LOL.
Ahhh... lucky... :( I want some... lol.

The last time I had it was probably 10 yrs. ago! :lol: I guess I have the Cherry/Mart lakorn to thank for my recent woon eating fest. B)

Some girl was trying to sell my mom namwan the other day from the Cambodian store. It's the green gelatin stuff with coconut & syrup. My mom loves that stuff.

I'm all for pumpkin with coconut! :dude: Also haven't had that in 10 yrs. or more. :lmao:
Ohhh Pumpkin with coconut is not least favorite. LOL. Goodness I loveee the the green gelatin! I'mma get my mama to make some. LOL. actually buy some. haha.

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
i need to watch this lakorn. so like they show you how to make desserts in every episode? YUMM =D i had alot of viet desserts (che) the other day hahaa well last weekend

fun

Expired Sarnie
I know there are plenty of dishes over the internet but I like the home cook version one- nothing too fancy but authentic Thai desert lol!!!