JYJ vs DBSK

Which group you like most?

• Total voters

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
why isn't there a button for both. i do not wish to compare them because i love them as a whole group: dbsk.
* i hecka miss them :tearybye:

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm not a huge TVXQ/DBSK fan, but I do listen to their music. I liked it when they were together. A both option would be nice. However, I find I really like DBSK HoMin's music slightly a bit more because I like upbeat & I love ChangMin's high notes. Damn he's good. And Yunho's dancing is priceless. PS Jaejoong is gorgeous.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Although I like upbeat songs, I like JYJ's music more. JYJ has written and compose most of their songs. But I like DBSK as a whole. Sadly though I prefer DBSK Japanese music over their Korean. =( Why Did I Fall In Love With You is probably the reason why I prefer their Japanese songs.

ntxhiav_vaj

sarNie Hatchling
why isn't there a button for both. i do not wish to compare them because i love them as a whole group: dbsk.
* i hecka miss them :tearybye:
I agree with you. Where is the button for both? I can't compare both of them because JYJ is still part of DBSK not matter what. I love them both. I hope they come back together soon.

cvang010

sarNie Egg
Honestly I nevered listen or really liked DBSK. But after the break up (to which some of my friends cried like buckets of tears) I stared to listen to JYJ, and I love them! JYJ are handsome and all have their own unique beautiful voices. After I found JYJ i started to review DBSK, I liked it but they didn't have variety or unquie songs. Many of there songs are similar and upbeat. JYJ leaving SM was probably the best because they stared with new songs that really show a different side of them. Even though JYJ was "blocked" because of SM influence, they beat records to show that they don't need to go on music shows and variety shows to promote. They have their own fans that will always stick with them. Not to mention first Korean Boy Group to hold concert in South America too.
But back to DBSK, even though there are still Y-know and Changmin, they had been on the dl. Not much promotion or new songs, albums, variety, etc. They don't ever even mention their old friends JYJ. I believe they are being kept quiet by SM which is pretty sad.
To summarize everything, I LOVE JYJ!

fun

Expired Sarnie
It really sucks that SME is the reason why JYJ hatdly ever achieve #1. When JYJ promoted in Japan, their concerts are sellouts and they chart higher. I personally like JYJ more because they have control over their music. They have more freedom and able to compose their own songs. As for talent wise, JYJ triumph DBSK. JS and JJ are more vocally skilled. And YC is the better actor among the 5.

sin2su

sarNie Egg
Old post, but I figured I would add my comment in after the vote lol

I love the group as a whole, since their vocals compliment each other (SME did a good job there).  I was probably one of the many people crying out about the split (not literally lol).

As individual groups…my vote is with JYJ (not because I'm bias).  As of late, JYJ's sounds have grown more polished and mature…when they harmonize *heaven*...although I do question some of their song choices…however their self-written and composed songs are more often than not…awesome, which makes them unique.  I still have their latest album on repeat.  DBSK (HoMin) on the other hand…since the group spilt…their music started to sounds similar to many of the SME new male groups or male songs.  I guess this could be due to the fact that SME is trying to find a genre that would better compliment their vocals without the support of the other 3 vocals. It could be that SME is headed in that direction with their music style as a whole…I really have no idea…but for now, music wise JYJ > DBSK.