is it possible???

lala08

sarNie Egg
hey everyone i was just wondering if it's possible for different race to go international like acting for different culture?

neena

sarNie Adult
i say no, because i think its very hard to break through into different countries, specially the U.S. because no matter what, people have so much pride in their own people that they would rather put their money on they're celebrities or athletes. people are too bias. I've seen many celebrities try to make it big in america but do american's really care, nah. I live in the states but i'm so into my hmong roots that i hate hollywood...i love my asian countries though!! other countries won't make it big here because the amount of exposure the american media show is too unlimited. i'm sure half of the population in the U.S. didn't even know that The Departed was a remake of a chinese trilogy because i remember they mistakenly named it a Japanese remake or something. i'm sure they never knew shutter was a thai remake also.

sorry for the rambling.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
it's gonna be really hard becuz other countries are picky enough just picking their own races...if u drop a hmong in there...a race where other asians barely kno, it'll be hard as heck...lol trust me! i've tried...lol

cecilia

Staff member
huh. this topic was post in the CHINESE section too ..
how funny.
anyway, i've answered some of my thoughts there already.

but it's possible --- not sure about hmong but in that one movie with CLINT EASTWOOD's production, there's some Hmong actor.
what i care the most is how much they get pay for playing them HMONG PARTS especially it's part of the hollywood film.

myser

sarNie Egg
Lol..what a FUNNY question. I think so..as long as you are dedicated then it is. Look at that henning korean fella. He went from being a 'korean' actor to an American actor. That famous india chick Ash went from doing Indian to American. It all depends on if you are dedicated and have the heart to allow yourself to be humble and learn their language and understand their culture. ;P

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
^ im with you girl.

i think it's possible.
as long as you speak the language, it's a good start.

dream big!!!!!

poryang

sarNie Egg
YES! YOU CAN!
There are actually spots... you just have to look up online...
You can be an ASIA Star. My big dream is to a korean singer! I love korean! I am Hmong and do appreciate who I am.
There are actually in the US where they do audition in the US. They do audition very year in the US & Canada, but not just there but everywhere. You just have to try and you can be there. Try showing your talent off, that's all.

Oh yeah... korean audition... if you live in California like I do, they usually do audition in San Fransisco & L.A because that is where mostly asians are and are big. I will one day go there and be the next Asia star for the Hmong people. ^_^

http://audition.jype.com/
http://smtown.com/ | http://audition.smtown.com/SmUsaAuditionWeekly.asp?lang=eng - they are currently holding audition in Korea. but they will audition in the US & Canada later.

If you are in other places, I suggest you check their websites. Those two korean company hold some biggest Asia star like TVXQ, Boa, SNSD, Super Junior, 2PM, 2AM, Wonder Girls etc. CHECK IT OUT! NO LYING!

~edit~

Some requrements they require of you...
You have to be Asian only I think, and you to have some talent with you. You can try the audition at any age... and believe in yourself a lot! By the way, I think they do require you learn korean if you trying the audition out. And one note to SM Entertainment try out... its pretty cool but they actually have WEEKLY TRYOUTS! THAT IS SO COOL! This is only in L.A,CA only or another way is by emailing them with a video and the stuff you needed (name, last name, nationality etc.). If you are having trouble in reading the website in korean, there is also in english... It is on the top tab. GOOD LUCK FOR PEOPLE WILL IS TRYING IT OUT!

aZn_FrEaK

*~JUNSU'S DORK~*
everything is possible. of course, you'll have to go through the whole culture transition and language learning. but yea...with this day and age, it's totally possible. just be sure to know the country's cutsom and rules. u know, things like being polite and all ^^

mokka

sarNie Adult
as of right now I don't think it's possible.
However in the long run, I do think it is possible, its just gonna take a long long time for someone to go international.