iPod video (80 gb) or Zen Vision M (60 gb)?

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Hi everyone,

Please share your opinions.

I hope you guys can help me decide which portable mp3/video gadget I want to get. I’ve narrowed my choices down to between an iPod video or the Zen Vision M.

I’m leaning more towards the iPod video as it currently offers the most memory (80 gb), except that I would like to ask for anyone that has it, how easy is it convert files to be playable on the iPod video?

I’m just a bit concerned because a lot of my video files are already in .wmv format and I tend to prefer that format above others, so going with an iPod means I’ll have to convert a lot of my files to something else, as well as find new conversion programs. And I’ve read around and I think that some people say it’s a hit or miss with the iPod video playing some files and not playing others even after you convert them. On the other hand, I like the Zen Vision M because it’s supposed to be compatible with .wmv format (and others that I am more comfortable with) and I like the quality/resolution of the picture a lot better than the iPod when playing around with it at the store. Yes, there are also many differences between the two gadgets, which I’ve taken into consideration (i.e. specifications, battery life, FM radio, voice recorder…etc.), but my main concern at this point is whether anyone has had any problems with converting files to be playable on their iPod video and which conversion programs work best? If it seems to be a hassle, I'll sacrifice the additional memory and get a Zen Vision M.

Thanks for your help!

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
i have a creative zen vision w, 30gb, and the conversion is super slow, it sux, taht's why i'm trying to sell it. but overall creative is good. i'm anti-ipod since everyone in teh world has it, but if you think you really want to watch video on it then i guess go for it. I invested in a samsung k5, the one with the built in speakers, and i love it, ipods are ok but i dont agree with them taking over the music market! you should look into the new microsoft mp3 player they're coming out with...just options that's all.

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
btw, the creative had great resolution it was like watching tv on a smaller screen, i really like it too, i used it for my long flight over christmas break, that's only when i actually used it, and you can hook it up to the tv if you're on the go; over your friendshouse and want to share a movie you downloaded off of sarnworld HAHA...but yeah so that's my input.