Interview with Flim Maker Moua Lee (Golden Path)

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
he'll pick pov qaib dib over tub yaj anyday?! what kind of comment is that? honestly, if i was tub yaj, i would be every offended. heck! if i was an actress and moua lee said something like "i prefer so-so over her anyday. i should know because i worked with both." i would be so offended and felt so insulted to the bones. geez, maybe i'm just get offended to easily.

nevertheless,
i still do admired the guy. and the part about how he hope to one day wear on the director's hat. hopefully someday in the near future, i get to work with him in his golden path entertainment production. :D. director's assistant. LOL

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
lol mai.... i do agree with you too and be mad..... but i think that even though qaib dib doesn't have the look i think he is much better at acting than tou yaj... and one day i hope to be a director/screenwriter too and improve the hmong entertainment industry.... lol

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
honestly, i think that its a bad comparsion between tou yang and that chicken melon. its like comparing an apple to an orange (the first comparsion that came to my mind).
tou yang is the nice looking fellow who we usually see portraying that mr. prince charming whereas that chicken melon guy is the rejected fella who is always making perverted jokes. c'mon it will be very awkward to see tou suddenly portraying a role similar to those of the chicken melon's. and then suddenly chicken melon start sweet talking to all these pretty nice good looking girls.
of course, their acting is gonna be different according to their movie roles. people cant judge two different actors with different acting background on who's the better actor. if they both did a romantic comedy, they maybe people can decide. i think that tou yang havent done any yet. besides, i cant really imagine tou being the guy who's cracking up gay jokes but the handsome prince charming who saves the damsel in distress.
honestly, i dont even think that chicken melon butthead's acting is all that great. his acting is so limited. well no surprise.

snow

sarNie Egg
Qaib Dib is good at acting, but not in a p'ek role. I had a chance to watch the movie and I must say it was a big disappoinment. I, however, enjoy other movies of him in which he was only a supporting character.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
WHAT?!!! pov qaib dib over tub yaj?!!!

that's Beauty & the BEast! LOL... :)

they are both good actors.. no comment.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
i tink it's a bit harsh tat Moua Lee said tat...it's fact..but it shouldn't have been said...becuz surely he's someone ppl look up to..

I tink it's an okay comparison....even though i'm not a fan of comparing people....but becuz their both actors..and the camparison is of their acting ability..i tink Tuj Yaj gets his roles from his look..honestly..tat's my P.O.V....i've seen a lot of actor who can act much better but can't get as much roles as Tuj yaj...i tink his best acting wuz actuallie in Moua Lee's movie...probably from the help of Moua Lee himself...but i would like to see Tuj Yaj play one of Super Qaib Dib roles...see if he can pull tat off...cuz Qaib Dib alreadie played and pulled off the nice, sweet prince chamring role...even w/ out the look....

jenjen

sarNie Hatchling
i agree with u all..the way he said it makes Tub Yaj look bad..if i was him i would be bothered by that comment...but moua lee did say acting AND personality wise...i mean we dont get to see the real behind the scenes moments so like he meant that maybe Tsab Ham is easier to work with and better acting??? i dont noe but yea its his take since he is the filmaker...

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
If Moua Lee plans to have that man in his movies in the future, I will not watch. He's meant to entertain old people. I prefer Tou to him. Tou's acting is still not good compare to the older people, such as Nom Phaj, but he's yound and decent to look at. I have lost interst the moment I learned that Moua Lee had casted that guy in his Nraug Laus movie.

lovena

sarNie Hatchling
I think it is not that Tou Yang is not a good actor. I think it is the director that did not know how to direct. When Tou Yang was acting in Moua Lee movie, his acting was okay. I think if Moua Lee is a smart and intellegent man he would not say such thing to Tou Yang. We are all Hmong, we should support each other. If he think that Tou acting is not great why don't him cast Tou Yang more in his movies and should him how to act better. Why would he critize Tou Acting? To be honest, his comments made me think he is not professional enough. If Moua Lee is a professional director, he should suggest that maybe Tou Yand needs to do this and that to improve his acting skills instead of critizing.

Mae

sarNie Adult
I like Mua Lee's interview... I don't find anything offensive... Every director always has a certain person(s) in mind to cast, thus it's normal that Mua would cast Qaib Dib over Tub Yaj. I like Tub Yaj, but he is very or too overrated by most people and in our entertainment industry! His good looks tend to overshadow his performance on screen and his roles are predominantly the same and actingwise he hasn't really improved after so many movies... Although, it's no surprise he does act best in Mua Lee's film... Whatever Mua's preferences are, we all must remember that we have not had such great Hmong movies with strong angles, sceneries, etc. until Mua started producing! The more I think about it, the more I realize it's the quality and superb acting in a movie I appreciate instead of good looking who can't act well....

sweetyaj

sarNie Elites
i like it how moua is very clear about his thoughts. Tou and pov qiab dib, i believe wat moua had said. i don't really like tou;s movie neither do i like pov qiab dib. Moua did said he tries to find actors and actress who are not all about looks in movies. Tou is all about how he looks in movie i have not seem any improvement over all. everytime i watch his movie i think is the same one cause he dont seem to change his character or his acting. Pov qiab dib wasn't the best but i am pretty sure nobody else can play the role w/o shyness and old. noj phem and his groupies, mmm i don't like them all dat much...i only like noj phem when he plays in Xab's movies. not watching moua;s movies jus because he said he was targeting the older pple...i think i can take dat...cause he is only mentioning it because there are more elders who are watchin it anywaz....my closing words...i like this interview...wat is best about this interview is he didn't beat around the bush or lie....^_^

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
I have seen both of their acting and Tou's acting hasn't improve a lot... in my opinion i think his acting is not very natural so he can't really pull it off but his look over shadow that..... and i've only seen him plays the same roles.... over and over... where as pov qhib dib plays old perv guys but not always... i seen so many angles of him from being a perv to funny to sad.... and he does it naturally but because of his look people look the other way.... and nom phaj..... dude i'm tired of this guy... he always get the same role too.... gosh.... wife abuser or lying bastard!!!! if i were to watch a hmong movie i would only watch xab's movies. I'm not saying he's the best but he can play different angles and pull it off... i've seen him in his earlier movies and when he is mean he scares me out but not only that but he can be kind and sincere and loving but be funny too.... and in his movie nowaday i think he is trying to incorporate new ideas in there and i think it's good but yeah i am tired of his cheating on his wife movie too....

angelxtasy

sarNie Hatchling
he'll pick pov qaib dib over tub yaj anyday?! what kind of comment is that? honestly, if i was tub yaj, i would be every offended. heck! if i was an actress and moua lee said something like "i prefer so-so over her anyday. i should know because i worked with both." i would be so offended and felt so insulted to the bones. geez, maybe i'm just get offended to easily.

nevertheless,
i still do admired the guy. and the part about how he hope to one day wear on the director's hat. hopefully someday in the near future, i get to work with him in his golden path entertainment production. :D. director's assistant. LOL
HAHAHAH Actually i wouldn't pick Pov qaib Dib, I'd PIK NOMPHAJ!!! <--- he's the MAN!! hahahha

PajHavZoov

sarNie Hatchling
HAHAHAH Actually i wouldn't pick Pov qaib Dib, I'd PIK NOMPHAJ!!! <--- he's the MAN!! hahahha
LMAO Nom Phaj and Tsav NPis are great actors! ;) :yahoo:

Honestly, Moua Lee is entitled to his opinion though I don't agree with him. Besides, when Tub did a movie with him, he was pretty fresh...He'd hardly done Hmong movies, if any, right? (My Hmong movie knowledge is a little rusty...what was Tub Yaj's first movie?) Plus, Tub was an idiot to pick a similar script in playing the character for "Ua Neej Raws Txoj Hmoo" as he did in "Txij Nkawm Teev Kua Muag."

If there's anything to be talked about, it's Mr. Moua Lee's movies. "Kuv Leej Niam" is IMO his best work so far. "Nkauj Hli Txoj Hmoo" I only bought b/c Coob Thoj, brother of my fave singer Pov Thoj, was in it. It was OK, the storyline was kinda blah. And I'm not that impressed by "Nraug Laus." He has great cinematography, but you need good storylines, too.

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
Hey ladies and guys...it's been a long while since I came in here and see what you guys have to say. I appreciate you stating your honest opinions. For those of you who are a bit upset of what I've said about Tou Yang and Pov Qaib Dib...well, I like to say...don't let that ruin your day. I really, really wish all of you guys could get to meet these two gentlemen personally. However, keep this in mind: BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEP". And remember that I had nothing against either of these two famous guys. I was just stating my professional opinion. I got an ACTION film in mind that I like Tub Yaj to star in actually...hehe. But, I'm pretty sure by the time I'm ready to shoot it, Tub would have married a Hmong American lady and moved to the States already...which is a good thing. I MEAN IT IN A GOOD WAY...lol.

Well, I hope that after reading the interview in HMONGFILMS.COM, some of you will at least gain some insight into who I am and where my thoughts are. And I hope you guys still continue watching my future movies...lol.

Smile, be kind and make your own dreams come true...whatever yours may be.

Moua