~IN WONDERLAND~ ::AUM/AFF::

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
LMAO…I totally forgot what this fanfic was about…so I had to re-read the last few chapters…so I haven’t updated this in a while…..here’s a semi-long one :D

Chapter 24: Revenge is Sweet?

(recap: Soriya is with Thun and a bang went off, Pat has left Por and returning home but she doesn’t know about her family issue, Poo finds out that she killed Aom (who is Chai’s brother, Tik’s fiancé), also I haven’t really put Harit in the chapter a lot, but he will come back in this one, to the vineyard when he finds out something happened ^^)

Poo looked at Tik in complete shock. Could this be true? Did she really kill Aom? Was Chakrit protecting her from this?

Poo: But the person had amnesia, I don’t. I remember everything about my childhood and my past.

Tik: Ha. The doctors told me that nothing it wrong with you. If you’re not faking it, then you must have blocked the event out of your mind, to get away with murder.

Poo: I don’t know what you are talking about. I don’t remember a thing, nothing.

Tik: Don’t lie to me! (anger and pulls out a gun) All these years, I’ve blamed myself for allowing Chakrit to pick her up. Then I realized that it was you two, both you and Chakrit plotted to kill her, just so I would go crazy and not inherit anything.

Poo: No. No, it’s nothing like that. Tik, think, please. Don’t do anything rash. What would Aom say?

Tik: Shut Up! Don’t you say her name! Her name is a saint, while you are a filthy slut. (fires the gun up in the air, and Poo starts to scream) Now, get on your knees with your hands over your head. (she does what she was told. Tik walks behind her with at 5 feet between them) Finally, you will feel what Aom felt, the unexpectedness of death.

Poo: I’m sorry. I didn’t know. (tears flowed down her face. She doesn’t remember any of this, no one ever told her. She heard the click of the gun, and she closed her eyes immediately.)

Tik: Farewell Poo.

**BANG**
*KNOCK KNOCK*
Pat waited outside her house. She forgot how long it’s been since she stepped on these steps. She wondered what would happen, her parents and So. She really wished that they would forgive her for being gone for so long. She knocked the door again, and this time she heard some footsteps. Her mother opened the door. She looked weary and tired, with rings around her eyes. She didn’t look like how she did the last time she saw her.

Pat: MOM! (hugged her)

Mam: Oh, Pat. You’ve come home, finally. My Pat.

Pat: I’m so sorry, I left so fast. I’m home now mom.

They moved to the living room, and Pat told her mother (almost) everything about what happened, about Harit, about Nat, and Por, Pimmada, and Khem. She left out the last day she spent with Por. It was hours talking about Pat, but then Pat notice that it’s almost nighttime and the house was quiet. Her father and So weren’t home. The house felt cold and dark.

Pat: Mom? Where’s dad and So? It’s dark and they aren’t home.

Mam: Oh. Why don’t I make you dinner, you must be hungry?

Pat: Mom, don’t avoid the question. Tell me. Where are they?

Mam: They won’t be coming home hunny. Now what do you want to eat? Chicken?

Pat: I DON’T WANT TO EAT!! Tell me now!

Mam: YOUR FATHER LEFT! SORIYA LEFT! IT’S JUST US!

Pat: Why?

Mam: Hunny, let’s not talk about it.

Pat: (pleading her mother) Please Mom, I need to know.

Mam: They---They found out that I love someone else, my first love. They found about because of Harit. Harit is his son.

Pat: What? How could you?!

Mam: You can’t help who you love. I’m sorry.

Pat: Did you ever love dad? Was he not important in your life?

Mam: He is. He is sweetie. I love your father so much.

Pat: But not as much as Harit’s father. Tell me where dad and So are.

Mam: Your father left. He’s staying at the hotel across his workplace. And---and I don’t know where So is. She left to---to destroy Thun.

Pat: Thun? Is that Harit’s father? Mom, I can’t believe you! I’m going to find Dad. He must be so hurt right now.

Mam: Pat, don’t leave me. Your father and sister already left me. Don’t leave me.

Pat: I have to, I have to find dad. He needs me.

Pat opens the door, and her mother clings onto Pat’s legs. No matter how much it hurts Pat to do this to her mom, she can’t be in the same room as her. She can’t look past that it was her mom’s fault for tearing up the family. Pat peeled her mother off of her and walked away, leaving Mam on her knees crying.

Pat wiped her tears as she arrived in front of the hotel. She paid the cab driver and walked inside the hotel. She asked the receptionist for her father’s room. She knocked on the door, and the door opened. Her father was in a mess, he looked worse than her mother. He hasn’t shaven for days, eyes weary, and he smelt awful.

(author’s note: LMAO I forgot their dad’s name…so I’ll just call him Petch…so Petch is Soriya and Pat’s father ^^ )

Petch: Pat? Oh sweetie, you’re back. (hugging his daughter) I’ve missed you so much.

Pat: I miss you too Dad. May I come in?

Petch: Of course. If I’ve known you would be here, I would have shave or taken a shower.

Pat: You’re still my dad, and I love you no matter what. But, are you going to tell me about mom?

Petch: (sigh) I don’t know where to begin.

Pat: I know you still love her, I mean look at you. You haven’t shaven, taken a shower, or eaten in so long. Just come back home.

Petch: It’s not that simple. Your mother, she----she doesn’t love me. Our marriage was built on lies. Every time I think of her, my heart aches. We can’t go back to where we once were, it’s different now.

Pat: How? You love her, make it work. You’re my dad, you can do anything. You can do this. Please.

Petch: My beautiful daughter, I wish I could, but I can’t. Even your sister left because of this. Just let it go. With time, I will be again to move on.

Pat: Don’t. If you don’t reconcile with mom, there’s no hope for me. How am I suppose to find love, if my parents lost theirs? I beg you, please come home with me.

Petch: Don’t make me do this. My darling, your mom and I are over. She chose this when revealed to So that she still loves him.

Pat: Dad. My heart hurts so much; everything is spinning out of control. This is like a nightmare, and I want to wake up. My family can’t be ruin, not like this. Come back with me, mom is miserable without you and So. Do it for me, for you and me.

Petch: I love you so much Pat. I am willing to give up the whole world for you and So, but this I cannot do for you. No matter how much I want to fix this, I can’t go back to get my heart broken again.

Pat: Just know that I love you. (kisses him on the forehead) Can I stay over? I want to make sure you’re okay, and make you some lunch.

Petch: Of course. Thank you sweetie.
A body falls to the ground.

Chakrit: POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Poo opens her eyes as she hears Chakrit’s voice. And something in her clicked. She could recall what happened that night.

*FLASHBACK*
Young Poo: (on the cell) Soriya, I’m coming as soon as I can, but it’s raining outside, I don’t want to get into an accident. Okay. I’ll see you then. Bye.

She was driving as slow as she possible could in her black bug. It was so hard to see through the rain. Poo decided that she should pull over, but she couldn’t find a safe area to park, fearing she would roll down the hill. She came to an intersection; and her phone started to ring, it was her mom.

Young Poo: Hello. Yes Mom, I’m driving really slowly. I picked up because you called me. Did you want me to not pick up? Yes I’m being careful. Oh, I’ll call you back, the light turned green. Mom…mom….hold on then…wai—wait---mo—mom….

Poo put the phone down on the seat and was going, then the person behind her honked at her for being so slow. The honk scared Poo, and she stepped on the brake, but it was very slippery and her car started to spin. Luckily she stopped, but she was in the middle of the intersection. The other car just kept going. By the time Poo finally got her car started again, it was too late, and her car hit someone else’s. She was wearing her seat belt, but still impact knocked her back, hitting her head on the headrest with a force.

The crash made a big noise, louder than a gunshot. The next thing she remembered was hearing man calling for someone, screaming for this person. Then everything went black. Her mother was on the phone still, hearing a big crash, thinking something happened screamed for Poo, but no answer.

Poo woke up at the hospital, being told that she fainted at Soriya’s banquet. She was never told that her car crashed into someone. And as for the car, her parents lied that her father borrowed it while she was in the hospital and some person crashed into it.
*END OF FLASHBACK*

Poo finally knows. She was the person who crashed into Chakrit. Tears flow down from her face. She turned around, she got up. Chakrit ran to her and hugged her, not letting go.

Chakrit: You’re safe now.

Poo: What happened? Where’s Tik?

Chakrit: He’s going to go to jail for a very long time. Don’t worry.

Poo: But I heard a shot? If I didn’t get hit, then who did?

Chakrit: Ha. Silly, it was Tik. The police were able to shoot his hand before he could pull the trigger.

Poo: I’m sorry. For everything.

Chakrit: It’s not your fault. It’s mine; I didn’t take good care of you.

Poo: Can—can I see Tik? Just for a little bit?

Chakrit: Why? He tried to kill you.

Poo: True, but I have to say something to him.

Chakrit: Let me go check.

Chakrit went to go talk to the police commissioner, and came back, nodding his head. He took Poo’s hand and led her to Tik, who was in handcuffs, in the police car.

Poo: (to Chakrit) Can I talk to him alone?

Chakrit: Are you sure? What if he hurts you again?

Poo: He won’t. I can take care of myself too. You can wait out here if you’re so worried.

Chakrit: I will then.

Poo entered the front of the police car, while Tik was in the back. She didn’t look at him, and Tik didn’t look at her, but at Chakrit, who was pretending to look away. When Chakrit saw them looking at him, he turned around and stared at the police officers.

Poo: I’m sorry Tik. It was my fault.

Tik: I know it’s your fault! And sorry won’t bring her back!

Poo: I know. But I just wanted to tell you that. All I can offer you is an apology. I don’t expect you to forgive, and I don’t want you too. Just know that it was my entire fault, your brother had nothing to do with this. Good-bye.

She was about to the door, when Tik said something to her.
------
Chakrit: Here we are, home. Are you sure you’re okay? Do you want me to get you something?

Poo: I’m fine. Thank you.

Chakrit: You don’t need to be brave. Just tell me if you need anything.

Poo: Nothing. Just some rest.

Chakrit immediately lifts her up and walks up to his bedroom. He places her on the bed and plants a kiss on her forehead. “Sleep tight okay. I’ll check up on you later.” He left and Poo gently touches her forehead, she smiled. She was happy, happy with him, but something inside her felt guilty. She didn’t tell him that she remember killing Aom, will this hurt their relationship?
Sai (the maid): What happened? I heard a gun shot.

Soriya: It’s nothing. I just pulled the trigger and it shot the vase.

Thun: Yeah. Just go back to what you were doing.

Sai: Yes. (leaves)

Thun: (waiting until Sai left before speaking again) Why did you miss?

Soriya: Because it would be too easy to just kill you. I want you to suffer. (places the gun on the desk and walks towards the door) I don’t think it would be that hard to find the strawberry vineyard, I’ll just ask Sai.

As Soriya leaves, Thun sinks into his chair. He is shocked at how mother and daughter look alike, but act so differently. She didn’t kill him; he was so scared that she actually would. He didn’t want to die yet, but just wanted to repay his sins. He has so much to still do, and the first thing that popped in his head was Mam.

Soriya: Oh Sai, Mister Thun asked for you to show me were the strawberry vineyard is.

Sai: Oh---okay. Here let me carry that for you Mam—no---I mean Miss Soriya.

Soriya: You can call me So, and I can carry this myself. You don’t have to treat me like Mister Thun and Madam Lin.

Sai: No, I must show respect to you because your mother was a wonderful person to me.

Soriya: Are you mad that I lied that I wasn’t Mam’s daughter in the beginning?

Sai: No, not at all. You didn’t need to tell me who you are until you are ready. But I am glad that you did tell early on, or else I would have gone crazy to see Mam here again.

Soriya: Sai, can you tell me about my mother and Mister Thun’s relationship?

Sai: My child that was the past. No need to go back and remember those memories.

Soriya: Please, I really need to know.

Sai: Oh, I suppose. Well, your mother and Master Thun had a magical love. Of course in the beginning, they didn’t really like each other, but time grew, and they feel in love. I was the only one else who knew about their relationship. They were really happy with each other. I could see it in his eyes that your mother was the love of his life. He would go meet her or call her almost everyday. Everything was perfect for those two lovebirds, until…..Madam Lin. She disapproved of the idea of marriage between her son and a worker. One day, she—she pushed your mother down the stairs, and she lost her baby. Poor child. We were forbidden to help her. If we did, we would’ve been sentenced to suffer a worst fate than her. No one dared to defy Madam Lin. I’m sorry Soriya.

Soriya: Was my mother happy…..when she was with Mister Thun?

Sai: Very much so.

Soriya: Does Mister Thun still love my mother?

Sai: (sigh) There is no one else in his heart, but her.

Soriya: I see. Well, are we there yet?

Sai: Just a few more minutes and we will reach the house.

--A MONTH LATER--
Soriya has been living here, pretending to be a nice and gentle daughter of Mam. But her real agenda is to destroy the strawberry vineyard. In a few more days, her hatred and revenge will be set. She wants nothing more than to ruin the people’s lives that had ruined hers and her family. Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock. It was Sai.

Sai: Oh, I’m sorry Miss Soriya. Did I disturb you?

Soriya: No, not at all. I was just thinking about something. What is it that you want?

Sai: Nothing. I just wanted to check up on you. You know, my whole life, I’ve spent here, never going out to see the world. I don’t regret it. I’ve got a roof over my head, food in me, a place for my family, and I’ve met the love of my life here. But the only thing I do regret is not helping your mother. It’s a burden I’ve kept for so long. I believe that I’m the reason why your mother lost her baby.

Soriya: Sai, it wasn’t you. You should know that my mother doesn’t hold any grudges against you.

Sai: But it was me. If only I could have protected her better.

Soriya: You did the best you could. My mother couldn’t ask for a better caretaker. Don’t worry, she still loves you. And don’t cry, otherwise I will start crying too.

Sai: I can’t help it. Just looking at you, it reminds me of my sins. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me? To forgive us?

Soriya didn’t know what to say, she couldn’t do it, but in this short period, Sai became a grandmother to her. Everyday, early in the morning, Sai would come and fix her breakfast. She loves Sai so much, but she didn’t want to choose. If only Sai had said just to forgive her, and not also forgive them. But Soriya nodded, and Sai was so happy she immediately hugged her. This warmness was too much for Soriya, this will cloud her revenge.

Soriya: You should go back. I’ll come in a few moments. I just need to change.

Sai: I’ll wait outside for you. I don’t want you to go alone.

Soriya: But---(she paused and just gave in to Sai) Okay. Just give me a few minutes.

When Sai left, Soriya got up and looked at herself in the mirror. Does she really look like her mother? She touched her face, and remembered her family, thought about her father, and all the hurt he felt. Suddenly, she smashed the mirror, shattering it into bits and pieces. Blood was oozing from her hand, but she didn’t care, it was small compared to the cut in her heart. She quickly put bandages on her hand, and got dressed. Sai noticed the bandage, but she didn’t want to say anything because Soriya look liked she didn’t want to say anything.

They arrived to the house, and Soriya went to the office. There was not only Mister Thun, but also Madam Lin. Mister Thun sat on the chair behind the desk, and Madam Lin was sitting on the couch on the side.

Thun: Sit down.

Soriya: What do you want to talk about you?

Thun: Um…we feel that—

Madam Lin: No! No, I don’t feel this way at all.

Thun: Fine, I feel that since you’ve lived here for a month already, I would like to give you a gift, for what we’ve done to you and your family. We discussed this, and I’m going to give you the strawberry vineyard. All you have to do is sign your name on the dotted line.

Soriya was floored. She didn’t know how to react. Today was not her day, everything she planned was turned up-side down. But a bright idea popped her head. A smile came across her face, and grabbed a pen to sign her name. Everything looked legit, with no hidden agendas.

Madam Lin: Hmph. If I had the power, and not give it to my son, I would kick you out on your ass.

Soriya: (ignoring the comment) Does that mean that I have full control of the strawberry vineyard?

Thun: Yes.

Soriya: Good. As my top priority, I will destroy the land and sell it to the highest bidder. Thank you.

Madam Lin: WHAT?!!!!! You little bitch! My son just gave you a piece of land, and you’re going to sell it right away!!!!!!!

Thun: MOTHER! Stop! What Soriya does with the vineyard is what she was. (he looks at Soriya, with a soft face) Soriya, I respect your decision. Just know that you are welcome here any time.

Soriya: Thank you.

Something inside her, felt guilty. He let her off so easily. Why is it all so easily? Is this all some plan against her? She got up and left the room, hearing Madam Lin scream at her son at the horrible mistake he made, and how he brought his own company to ruin. Soriya walked downstairs and saw Sai cleaning the stairs. Since she got the contract and everything, she won’t be here anymore, she’ll be going home. She’ll leave Sai.

Sai: Miss Soriya, why are you crying? Did they say something to you? Did they hurt you? If they did, I’ll go over to them and give them a word or two.

Soriya: No, Sai, no. I’m just sad that I’m going to leave you soon.

Sai: What? They kicked you out? This granny still has a few punches up her sleeves.

Soriya: (chuckles) They didn’t. No, I’m just leaving soon.

Sai: Why? You’re going to leave me Soriya?

Soriya: I don’t want to leave, but I—I—

Sai: Shhhhh…it’s okay sweetie. I understand. I know.
------------
Harit: WHAT?! My father did what? Don’t worry, I’ll be there soon. (click)

Bua: Who was that?

Harit: My grandmother. She called me telling me that my father just signed over a piece of our land to a gold-digger. I have to go back.

Bua: When are you going?

Harit: As soon as possible. I’m sorry, but I have to cut our date short.

Bua: Ow. No. Can I go with you? Please. Pretty please.

Harit: Are you sure? It’s in the countryside.

Bua: Oh. Never mind then. You go; I’ll wait for you then.

Harit: Okay. I’ll try to come back as fast as I can. Bye. (Quick peck on her cheek)

Harit left in a hurry, he need to go before some real damage occurs. Bua sat in the restaurant, with the other customers looking. She didn’t care, she was happy. Bua flipped open her phone and called Tye to meet her later.
---------------
Harit arrived after a few hours, it was already dark. Everyone was asleep, so he decided to wait until tomorrow to talk to his father. But he wanted to see the strawberry vineyard before he turns in to sleep.

TBC

spoiler: harit and soriya will both be surprise to see each other...
poo and chakrit's relationship is getting better except, poo tries to push him away since she feels responsible of breaking his family up
pat tries to patch up her parents, but when she gets time alone, she keeps thinking and longing for por...

akawhat

sarNie Hatchling
this is a interesting story....I think you should continue writing it.....please.....