if you could make a movie

stephanie

sarNie Adult
if you could make a movie wht would it be about??? don't forget to tell us about the story and the setting... i personally like musicals... if i could make a movie, it'll be about a girl getting pregnant by her b/f and saying tht it was another guys baby... so her parents made him marry her and he dont wanna get marry so the day before the wedding the guy tht she blamed it on runs off to thailand or laos and he meets this girl and they fall in love. then his and the chicks family discover where he is at so they went to thailand/laos to get him back... i have the whole story figured out but i'm just being lazy n dont wanna type it all down... i wrote the same story for my creative writting class and ace it!!! but then i changed the setting... so tell about ur story... BE CREATIVE!!! I'M SO BORED!

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
i had started a story on my brother's computer but his computer broke down. I never had the passion to write it over again. but i wished i somehow had a replica cause i really like the story, just that there was too much that was already written and i can't remember everything that i had written. I only wish one day I can start writing it all over again and finish it. I have so much ideas on how to create the story, but i just need a motivation and inspiration to start it all over again.

here's a short summary.

The setting is set in an ALL HMONG student university (intact with a school and dormitory). The school is for selected hmong individuals who had done extremely well in high school and for the prestigious. In this school, everyone knows each other's business.

Characters: Main Girl, Main Guy, Best friends of Main Girl (a guy and girl)

The story begins when there is a new kid at the school. Everyone wants to see him. They all know about him. In addition, at this school everyone knows each other's businesses.

The main guy was a rebel in high school and was rumored to have been sent to live off with some relatives after high school graduation to be reformed and now he is back in town. He is very handsome and popular among the girls. However, he has a bad past. He was rumored to have killed his girlfriend in a rage of jealousy. However, there was not enough evidence to convict him of murder. He comes from a very rich family who has great power in the society since both of his parents are lawyers. A reason why he was able to enroll in the prestigious school and the rumors of him killing his girlfriend was easily set aside. (remember in the hmong community-- they live for gossips and rumors)

The girl is smart, open-minded, but very headstrong. She comes from an upper working class traditional hmong family that stress that her education is important above everything. the main guy will become an obstacle in her education.

Upon seeing him for the first time, she has a misguided judgement that he is conceited, careless, and arrogrant. The story unfolds when she bumps into the main guy and he unconsiously explains how he is continuously ignored by his dilligent working parents. She starts to see him differently; someone who is only in search of belonging and love.

His past will become an important theme for the story. The families of both parents will be important characters in the story as well.

The main girl's two friends (the guy and girl) will be the side story that will intertwine with hers.

Mine was inspired by dramas. I would assume my story would be like a two-part movie... don't want it to be too long, yet it can not be too short otherwise it would not have enough time for character relationship and development.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
over the summer i started my love story but since school started i lost interests. never got to finished it. my plan was to finish the story then write the screenplay out of it. maybe this upcoming summer i will try to get it done.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I want the pra'ek/main guy to be a mean a$$ but with a reasoning (which will make viewer understand why he is the way he is. Notice most popular drama like Devil Beside You, My Girl, Roy Leh Sanae Rai, Meteor Garden consist of pra'ek who are a being a bit rash. Those recieve high feedbacks.

I have a story in mind, using Somchai and Paj Zaub Vwj. After watching Somchai little acting in 80 xyoo tseem hlub, I think he'll fit the bad pra'ek character, and Paj Zaub Vwj for her innocence. I think I'll post the story at Wintrn Haven or Hmong Movieholic forum. So watch out for it.

agurl4u

sarNie Egg
wow such great stories...i've thought about some that sounds pretty close to ur guys stories too. maybe it is the dramas that we all watch.

okay here is mine. it takes place in 3 ifetimes. it's like a romeo and juliet.

first life is when the chinese people drove the hmong people out of China.
the main girl is the daughter of the hmong emperor who was murder and that is how the hmong lost their power. the chinese are also trying to kill her but she always get save by a chinese general, who was her friend before the war. he took her pretending she was his servant but they got found out and he got executed and she comitted suicide by hanging herself.
yeah this is what i thought so far for the first life but i might change some things around.

the second life is some what the same thing but now it's between the hmong and laos.

the third life is now in america and i'm still debating if it should be about 9/11 or not.

yeah i've had this storystuck in my head for almost a year now but i jus hasn't written it out yet.
okay hoped u guys like it.

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
wow...this is amazing...everyone has such great storylines.....but you know how it is, when you film it, it isn't always the way you wanted it...hahhah......anyways...here's mine...it's set with a bunch of people in mind already!!! haha.....

Title: Still debating on that...i want it to be attention-grabbing, so i have to think carefully....
Setting: America and Laos/Thailand
Actors/Actresses (in order of importance):
  • Pra'ek : Lao Moua (I might change that cause honestly, he's looking a little girly and I'm picturing a more buff and strong guy...haha...also, he must always be taller than the nang'ek and older looking...haha...)
  • Nang'ek : Paj Zaub Vwj (she's my FAVORITE actress.....i love her style and just how pretty she is...)
  • Pra'ek's sister: ME!!! aka Paj Kub Vwj(i don't wanna seem selfish, but i always wanted to direct a movie but also have myself play a role in the movie....i think that's the best part....i never wanted to be nang'ek though...that role is just too much for me...haha...also, i have imagined myself playing this role for many years...)
  • Pra'ek's friend: ET Yang (I get irritated when people play the same boring roles...like ET...he's always playing those orphan roles.....i hate it....so when or IF i direct this, i'd like him to play this role cause he's rich....)

and others...
i know my characters a bit NOT COOL.....but i believe having a strong cast isn't the BIGGEST part...it's about the talent.....as long as they have got talent and can portray their roles the way I picture, it's enough....

now, for the storyline...it goes like this...

Pra'ek's dad owns a huge company in America. His mom died when he was younger, thus leaving his sister and him in his father's care....they are smart and very independant......Pra'ek's dad wants him to go to Laos/Thailand and expand the company further over there (still thinking about that part..) so pra'ek and his friend goes and he meets the nang'ek....they fall in love, the father finds out sooner or later and sends the sister to Laos/Thailand.....the sister is ALL FOR the company....she cherishes it immensely and won't let anyone step over it.....she orders the pra'ek to go back to America while she handle's the business there in Laos/Thailand with pra'ek's friend......pra'ek refuses and the father goes to Laos/Thailand and tells the nang'ek off.....saying even though the nang'ek is not poor, he wants an educated daughter.....

the nang'ek and her family move to a different location and when the pra'ek finds out, he can't find them anywhere.....so, he returns to America broken-hearted.....but he couldn't give up so he went to go look for the nang'ek again....the dad isn't very happy and they make a bet...saying if he can't find the nang'ek in the alloted amount of time the dad gives him, pra'ek must listne to his father and marry the one his father will select for him....pra'ek agrees to the bet......

his sister finally feels sorry for him, agreeing to a bet that will affect the rest of his life...so she, along with pra'ek's friend help him find the nang'ek....which they do.....

iono about the ending yet but that's all i have so far.....i want it to be at least 2 parts...but now i'm thinking it might be like 3...hahaha.....i have already found the perfect spots to film the scenes here in america......i just hope i can carry out this...damn...it's like my ultimate DREAM!! haha....

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
if i could make a movie it would probably have to be about my life...although there at times in my life that is boring but there is many times in my life that i know other teenagers like me are struggling with today...maybe it'll be interesting seeing my life as a movie...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i got too many ideas..

here's the most recent story i got in mind..

~~~~>>>>Na'ek is a talkative, stingy girl who wants everything her way. Her father left her and her mother when she was four. Her mother loves her dearly but she feels her mother pays more attention to her half siblings than her.

Na'ek feels she's not being loved by her mother. When her close friend told her she had a cousin who was looking for someone to marry their daugther's boyfriend in laos. Na'ek accepted the offer & money due to running away from her parents.

When time came, Na'ek had to go to Laos and marry her friend's cousin's boyfriend. She doesn't tell her parents the truth because she didn't want to get in trouble. She made up a lie and left.

there, na'ek goes and experience the real world.. peeing in the woods, eating in the dark and meeting two prince charming who got on her nerves. Who will she choose? Prince Charming from America or Prince Charming from Laos? :)

purpose of this story: to learn a lesson & to entertain :)

- just a brief summary-

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
wow...everyone in here is so creative! now i'm so excited to read everyone's story.... :lol: i'm trying to create a hmoob dab neeg forum, i hope all you creative writer can share your story or movie script with us.... :blush: