i hate it when

buklaoboi360

sarNie Adult
call u chineese or jappaneese when ur not either one of them it annoys me when they think all asians are chineese or jappaneese

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
haha really? yeah I know it's annoying, but eh what can you do. You can try calling them jamican or latino's or salvadoran some gets offended LOL because those aren't the same thing as "african american" and "mexican' but then it'll just be racial profiling :p which I don't reccomend. people here has been calling me "Asian" instead of chinese or japanese; LOL ... Trust me you can't have it as bad as I do. I use to live in a neighborhood where everyone was either mexican or black and I even went to three schools where I was the only Asian. They literally torchered me through elementary because I was different :( when I first moved from cali to tx. It was horrible. ... Middle school they were a bit more tolerant ... in high school they were highly tolerant and they were actually fascinated by my Asianneess LOL

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i used to get that alot in UK when i went to study they was like oi japanese girl i was like im not japanese im thai chinese they say same thing so annoyin little grrrr

Kenshin

sarNie Egg
Well when someone does that to me, I just brush it off if I know they're kidding. If they aren't, I just say pretty much the same thing. "I'm Lao you albino black guy" or "you really dark white guy". Kinda mean, but they should know Asia is more than China or Japan.

koblo

sarNie Hatchling
call u chineese or jappaneese when ur not either one of them it annoys me when they think all asians are chineese or jappaneese
Oh yeah many people can relate to this but you just have to confront them and tell them that you are not either one and see the funny expressions they show.

Quarter

Tell me about it.
when i was at the thai airport last year EVERYONE thought i was japanese b/c my hair was super blonde. but yea i get call that alot. when im pmsing i usually just say "i'm not" in a rude tone then walk off. but days like this, i simply go with the flow. who cares. i can be any kind of asian they want me to be. if they say im chinese, i go "ne hao ma?" if they think im korean, i go "aneosayo", if they think im japanese i go "ohiO!" it's fun. i rarely get mistaken for thai though, i guess i just dont look thai. and like i say, who cares.

sirena

sarNie Adult
grr i know how it feels

most of the time i get confuse as khmer becuz i live around few cambodian and they think im khmer

other then that they think im chinese

i remember back in high skool this kid thought i waz hondorian i waz like wth?!? haha

but i dnt mind tho i can careless abt it

ChenrukNote

Goddess
when i was at the thai airport last year EVERYONE thought i was japanese b/c my hair was super blonde. but yea i get call that alot. when im pmsing i usually just say "i'm not" in a rude tone then walk off. but days like this, i simply go with the flow. who cares. i can be any kind of asian they want me to be. if they say im chinese, i go "ne hao ma?" if they think im korean, i go "aneosayo", if they think im japanese i go "ohiO!" it's fun. i rarely get mistaken for thai though, i guess i just dont look thai. and like i say, who cares.
LOL this reminds me of a month ago when I went to a Chinese restaurant at the airport and one of the chef asks me ni hao ma? and I go uhhh ni hao ma? Then he goes on and on in Mandarin and my uncle's like don't act like you care because he knows how to speak your language too but he likes to act cool and speak in Mandarin lol. Anywho, needless to say I was not nice to that wanna be Chinese Chef for the rest of the dinner despite the great taste of my favorite dried braise chicken.

On the other hand, my friends tell me I look like the owner of Tammy Nails who's Vietnamese. I should pose as her daughter sometimes ^_^, but I don't think she has any kids. Dang it lol.

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
lol...my professor this semester asked me and my friend if we were hmong. we said no...she's like are you lao (wow Laos is a country, it's Laotian durrrr!)? i'm like uh huh...err stop talking to me. yea then she had the odacity to ask what country we were from. it's like hello we already told you we were born here earlier today if you had been listening you'd know!! so frustrating sometimes.

i'm thai, chinese, viet, and laotian now what do you call that...an ASIAN mutt. Hehe. :p

mango

Lakornaddict ;)
people do something they werent asked to do and do it without telling me >___< very frustrating :angry:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I hate it too, but in a sense... they are kinda right. LOL...

Historically,(I could be wrong) thousands and thousands of years ago, many asians migrated from Indo China, forming different regions and asian ethinicities. I say this is because my Husband, he is Laotian, but his tribe is Lue tribe of Laos and their culture still has a lot of chinese influences, and Lue is actually the very first settlers in Laos. But as we all know, times have change and cultures and traditions have change, but unfortunately some people are still more ignorant than ever.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
i always get asked if i'm philipino, chinese, japanese or viet. & i tell them no.. i'm lao & what makes me mad the most is when they say "what's that?" & i just say to them, google it beezy.

i get offended when people call me chinese, simply because people are ignorant & assume that the only asian race that exist is japanese & chinese. <_<

some people are just plain ignorant, but i haven't ever encountered anyone like that personally...i've always lived in a really diverse city, and now, a really big and diverse city, so people generally don't make ignorant assumptions...

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
i always get asked 10 out of 10 peeps are you philipino
OMG me too. Or we are talking, then they ask what nationality i am, i say im laotian...then there's a pause in their face and they would say...oh i thought you were Philipino. Or even better when i was with my ex, he's Mexican, and we go to the Spanish store, right away they think im Mexican, but when he corrects them and tell them im Asian...oooh now i get the dirty look LOL whatever.

I normally just look at them and say, I'm not Japanese or Chinese...i'm Laotian...completely from a different country. Just call me Sandy...that's my name.

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
haha at least you guys get called an asian culture. People would start speaking spanish to me like 8 out 10 times. I'm like i can only speak a lil bit the rest assume I'm chinese 2. Damn ignorant ppl.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol funny..we all go thru this same ordeal!

how bout they dont ask you at all, but just starts speaking to you in their native languages!.. only to be surprised after you make that dumbfounded face when they are finish talking & waiting for you to reply!? its priceless! LMAO

i dont get offended anymore its more eager to know "what other nationalities will i be next?"..

when i was younger, i used to snap like a lil biatch when i was accused of something that i wasnt! *those were the days.. :lol:

diana507

sarNie Juvenile
haha i know what you mean!
back in highschool, i was the only colored one there and they thought i was mexican??! LOL, i sooo dont look mexican, but there are no asians where i live, so i guess they didnt know what asians looked like, so they thought i was mexican!

then there are other white ppl who think im chinese, or viet, or japanese...