How/when did you say or to know to say the "L" word for the first time?

starrys

sarNie Hatchling
I was wondering if I was too corny when I told him on the phone, for my first time, "wo ai ni (meaning I love you in Mandarin)." Bear in mind he's a white American boy with no Asian relatives, so he said, "what does that mean?" I told him to google it when we hung up, but instead he did it while we were talking. Then he asked out of the blue, "do you really?" I played it cool and said, "I don't know what you mean?" Then he said we need to meet for lunch tomorrow and so I did. He told me at my favorite pho restaurant, "he loved me too." This was after 3 months of dating. Now it's been 3 years. :p

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
hmmm i say that word all the time to all my friends and family, i kno w/some ppl its so taboo haha they are afraid to use it, but i use it alll the time with everyone

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol gonnna copy and paste it from the other thread similar to this;

Ahh I was in this situation, but the thing is that .... it was I who didn't say those words lol .. I've never really been in a relationship where I was able to say those words openly... so When I got with Tim he told me he loved me all the time and one day I said... LLOL LOL OLOL this may sound mean but I told him, "Lets not say "Love" because we just got together and I don't know if we can feel that way yet." So he changed it to "I like you alot" I laughed lols then one day he was like "you have to say it back say it back!" I was like uhh... mm... then he goes "I know you love me cause I know I love you and even if we just got togehter I do because I've known you for a awhile and I've loved you before I asked you out.... so thats how I know I can say it! Now why can't you say it."
Me: I've never really said it before ... lol ....
Him: What?! But you've had lots of boyfriends
Me: So? You're the first person that I actually been with to where i want to say it but im shy!

i said it with a few boyfriends before when we were somewhat serious, but then things fell threw with them...and the term kind of lost meaning for me after a while...so with my current bf, i held off on telling him that i loved him until about four or five months into the relationship and that worked out better...lol...

starrys

sarNie Hatchling

Ahh I was in this situation, but the thing is that .... it was I who didn't say those words lol .. I've never really been in a relationship where I was able to say those words openly... so When I got with Tim he told me he loved me all the time and one day I said... LLOL LOL OLOL this may sound mean but I told him, "Lets not say "Love" because we just got together and I don't know if we can feel that way yet." So he changed it to "I like you alot" I laughed lols then one day he was like "you have to say it back say it back!" I was like uhh... mm... then he goes "I know you love me cause I know I love you and even if we just got togehter I do because I've known you for a awhile and I've loved you before I asked you out.... so thats how I know I can say it! Now why can't you say it."
Me: So? You're the first person that I actually been with to where i want to say it but im shy!
Aww...that's awesome, he's the first "love" lol. You go girl!!

starrys

sarNie Hatchling

starrys

sarNie Hatchling

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I was wondering if I was too corny when I told him on the phone, for my first time, "wo ai ni (meaning I love you in Mandarin)." Bear in mind he's a white American boy with no Asian relatives, so he said, "what does that mean?" I told him to google it when we hung up, but instead he did it while we were talking. Then he asked out of the blue, "do you really?" I played it cool and said, "I don't know what you mean?" Then he said we need to meet for lunch tomorrow and so I did. He told me at my favorite pho restaurant, "he loved me too." This was after 3 months of dating. Now it's been 3 years. :p

awww.. so sweet!

me, i dont remember.. lol..