how to save subtitle after finish?

Wulusa

sarNie Juvenile
how can i save my file after i sub it? 'cause i try saving it, but it doesn't work.i use subtitle workshop..the one darvil post up in the sub forum.

darvil

sarNie Adult
did you get as far as

Do you see in the screenshot that there's a highlight at subrip. Don't click on "Custom Format". I don't know why people do that.. custom format is to make a custom format!

Just double click on subrip and it'll ask you for a name to save as. It'll be saved as an SRT file.

darvil

sarNie Adult
ok is the subtitle file name the same as the video file?

like file.avi and file.srt

2nd do you have vobsub installed?

if you don't have vobsub installed, do you have bsplayer installed? (bsplayer loads the subtitle without vobsub).

Wulusa

sarNie Juvenile
oh okay. i get it now. it work now. and one question again, can i join the sub with the video? like make them into only one file instead of the mv by itself and the sub by itself. lol i hope it made sense.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Yes you can.

You will have to use virtualdub for it. It might be virtualdubmod actually.

Its actually not that hard at all.

What is your video source?

The reason I ask is that you will lose some video quality.. because you will have to re encode the video after adding subtitles to it.. the problem is that SOME format can lose alot of quality.. such as RMVB (I like to stay away from this format).

Wulusa

sarNie Juvenile
i think the video is avi..i open up virtualdubmod but i can only load the mv not the sub.

-sorry, it's my first time, so please be patient with me. ^_^