HmSA's 3rd Annual MR. HMONG Competition

Hello Hmong Community!!

Hmong Student Associatio - Fresno (HmSA) will be hosting their 3rd annual Mr. Hmong Competition this December. If you are a Hmong man or know a Hmong man who is a good role model, or has the potential to be a good role model for the community, has the personality and charm, and is determined to bring about change to our community then please send him our way!! We are currently looking for contestants for our competition. The qualification for this competition is as follow :

Male
16 Years or Older
Never Been Married
Hmong Background
Educational Background
*Other Restrictions May Apply*

This year we are offering workshops and training that will benefit and empower each and everyone of our contestants. Don't miss out on or let the men in your life miss out on this opportunity of a lifetime!!

This is the link to the online applications...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&pli=1&formkey=dHlZTE9IcklacF91UVM5Zm90WXZfX3c6MA#gid=0

Orientation is Nov. 26, 2011 at Fresno State.
Registration is due Nov.26
There is onsite registration as well...

For More Information Contact:

La Vang (Contestant Relations Director): 559.288.2412
Ge Her (Contestant Relations Co-Director):559.346.8252
Chorneng Yang (Event Chair): 559.367.3338
Samantha Yang (Event Co-Chair): 559.577.7686

We are also taking suggestions from our audiences and our community to help better our competition this year. What would you like to see happen this year at our competition. Thank you and hope to see you all from our actual event in Decemeber!!!

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
I think the biggest suggestion i have is to have the age limit 18+ only. What is the reasoning behind 16+, if u don't mind me asking?

cookielee

sarNie Egg
i think that for the talent act or whatever you called it, you guys shouldn't let the contestant play the piano or play the guitar. i've seen that for a few years now and that is not hmong enough. to be a true mr. hmong, they should have skill in some traditional hmong stuff like hais kwj txhiaj or play the qeej or something that have to do with hmong culture.

mommie_love

sarNie Egg
16+ MOST LIKELY SAME REASON THE GOVERNMENT ALLOW 16 YRS OLDS TO DRIVE?? THAT TALENT QUESTION IS STUPID?? I KNOW TOO MANY ASIAN GUYS PLAY THE PIANO AND GUITAR BUT SO WHAT? THAT IS THEIR TALENT YOU WANT THEM TO BE FAKE AND LEARN 1 TRADITIONAL SONG JUST FOR THAT NIGHT LIKE THE MISS HMONGS...THATS STUPID...I WANT MR HMONG TO BE REAL... JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE QEEJ OR HAIS KWV TXHIAJ DOESN'T MEAN THEIR NOT A TRUE MR HMONG, JUST AS US GIRL CANT BE JUDGE ON THE FACT THAT WE CANT SEW FLOWER COLTH OR HAIS KWV TXHAIJ...DONT BE CLOSE MIDED...WE LIVE IN AMERICA, WE HMONG BUT WE LIVE IN AMERICA THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT CHANGING AND ADJUSTING TO OUR NEW LIFE IN AMERICA YO...

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
i think that for the talent act or whatever you called it, you guys shouldn't let the contestant play the piano or play the guitar. i've seen that for a few years now and that is not hmong enough. to be a true mr. hmong, they should have skill in some traditional hmong stuff like hais kwj txhiaj or play the qeej or something that have to do with hmong culture.
I agree with partial of what you said. There's no point with the title Mr. Hmong if all a Hmong guy just have to play a piano or a guitar. Those things are most guys specialties. Too many guys know how to play those instruments. Not that I complain. Mr. Hmong should focus on some thing much more. Sure, guys can use their music talent to compete, but if it's going to be on music, we already have those singing competionss. For the Mr. Hmong, I like him to know at least one Hmong talent, looks, education, + whatever else talents he can show such as playing the piano or guitar or kungfu lol.

When I see the Mr. Hmong title, I just don't see him as the best Hmong musician. These two just don't go together. If it's going to be about how knows how to play the piano the best, then might as well change the competiton title to something else.

The competion needs to include multiple categories: 1. Hmong talent he possess, 2. Looks, 3. Intelligence, 4. Education 5. Other talents
The Mr. Hmong should win all of these categories.

Mae

sarNie Adult
When is the Nraug Hmoob competition???