Hmongs New law

moonfaerrie

sarNie Hatchling
I don't consider parents asking for moeny as a way of selling their daughters off, well, a few parents really do sell off their daughters but the majority don't do that. You know the girls parents asked for money, but mostly, they used the money to put into the wedding or as a dowry or wedding gift bck to the couple. I admit some do want the money only, but the parents who loved their kids gives all the money back one way or another, they just wanted to know if the guy really loves their daughter enough that he will do anything they asked of him for her. I think it should be left to the parents how much they want to ask for.

I can tell you that I disliked my Bi-lingual teacher from middle school til now, that is over 10 years. He said that Hmong girls are so worthless. They were trained to do house chores from a very young age, then when they grow up, their parents asked for a little price for them, but the movie were given back in one of the three forms I stated above, then the girl has to go work at her hubby's house and he can treat her like shit, beat her up if he wants, treat her like a piece of trash if he wants, and if he don't want her, send her back, so worthless and a guy can always return the girl as if she's no good and then the girl will give her parents a bad name because she got sent back also. Gosh, after listening to him, I was like, f)(* guys.

moonfaerrie

sarNie Hatchling
nkaujhmooblauj, well, you are hmong too, if you are so smart and can do better, don't you think you should do something smart and make hmong better instead of just putting them down even more. or are you trying to say that you are dumb too. hey, i am just kidding around, i like to turn people's words around, but only as a joke, not seriously, don't be mad at me.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
hmong people... for example... the vang people that thought of the $5000 law... why is it that the vangs alwaise think they are like at the top of all the 18 last names? it gets on my nerves.... when a vang family marries a girl.... they bring up this stupid "law"... but when another last name marries a vang... they don't bring it up and make their own price.... that's some bull shiet forreals....

jekki2chipo

sarNie Hatchling
:p nkaujhmooblauj,
hmong people... for example... the vang people that thought of the $5000 law... why is it that the vangs alwaise think they are like at the top of all the 18 last names? it gets on my nerves.... when a vang family marries a girl.... they bring up this stupid "law"... but when another last name marries a vang... they don't bring it up and make their own price.... that's some bull shiet forreals....
dude girl, i totally agree with you.

no offense to vang peeps okay, just some of them. maybe because they share the same last name as mr. so called general vang pao, who peeps still think is the hmong leader (hmong leader my ass, can't do much anymore, can he.. now it's his sons who are embezzeling money from them hmong peeps up in MN).

i don't give a crap about this much, since i'm so white washed, i could pass for being white, just with black hair and a good tan. (no i'm not saying i don't wanna be hmong, i love my hmong side, but that love goes only so far). :p

leek18

sarNie Adult
well this is true. well peb hmoob txoj kev cai yeej ib txwm coj li no vim hais tias pug thaum ub tej laus yeej hais li no tab si zoo li tab si no peb sawv daws zoo li tsis txawj sib hlub lawv ces hmoob thiaj ua li no. well kuv xav mam, zoo li tej niam txiv zoo li ntshaw ntshaw ib tug vauv es yog lawyer los yog others thing mam, cov niam txiv ntawm mam muab tus ntxhais rau nws for 500 - 1000 hos peb cov es tsis tsim txiaj mam yuav muaj lawv cov ntxhais rau peb for 1000 - 9000 and yeej tsis fair li. yog vim li cas es peb hmoob thiaj ua li no well kuv tsis tau npaj hais tias kuv yuav mus yuav poj niam kuv tseem yuav npaj los ua kom tau raws li kuv txoj kev npau suav

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
hmong people are not dumb...well.. when you really do think about it.. they are stupid..the majority.. yea. i'm hmong too and i don't think it's wrong to say this...they are dumb.. :)

i use-to know these vang guys. they thought they were some-what kings or something.. swear like they rule this freakin world and shit! telling me they're the shit cause they hmoob Vaj.. no offense to vang pplz alrite..

good thing, we hmong people don't have a land.. Vang pplz probably be stepping on us - non- vangs.. no offense..

bugsy

sarNie Adult
damn..leek18...i had to slowly read that..haha...but i eventually got it. ^_^

And yall people hating on the vangs...does that make you any better? Every group, every clan, every race out there...there's people who are coinceided and ethnocentric. It just happens that some people around you (seems like they're the vangs) were raised up thinking the way they do. Not all vangs or last names or watever are alike.

And hmong people being stupid/dumb....dude! you guys are calling yourselves that. Yes, being a human being, we're all dumb cause we all gots our egos and pride...but hmong people are not dumb. If you're talking dumb as in asking for a dowry for their daughters, then all i gotta say is....it's tradition. Is it so dumb to follow something they believe in? And yes, there are parents out there who actually just want to sell off...and i mean sell off their daughters for money...but dont group those parents up with every other parent or the whole race of hmong. There's something called stereotypes. Don't help them get any bigger.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm not calling hmong people dumb because they're selling their daughter. Heck nah.. that's some hmong tradition shit there.. i keep my tradition going here but the reason i'm calling hmong dumb..those hmong people that made that Damn ass Law... making us girls 5 grand.. That's not right!!!!

**Screw them cause my parents ain't going for that shit!**
they didn't raised me..they didn't pay for all my expenses..
so Fawk thaT!

BuGsy? You're a male right.. your avatar.. tells me so..

So You probably don't understand BUgSY!!! cause you ain't a girl..
5 grand for a girl..? Aren't you surprised and happy?!? Of course you are.. the cheaper the better.. right?
Everyone wants a discount but not in this situation..
Human are priceless!!!!

bugsy

sarNie Adult
hahaha...wow...the first time someone called me a male! Hmm...YAY? HAHAHA...

Well, if you go into the picture thead, you'll find out that im a girl. ^_^ Hmm...i think i gotta change my avatar then... :lmao: S'ok...it's all cool..

Aniwaise...I didnt say that I like the so called "law". I'm just making a point to point out that not all people are alike...no matter if they're the same race.

And I strongly agree that humans are priceless. About the "law"....it's a yes or no issue. If parents like it..then they're gonna use it...if they dont..then they wont. This is what makes marriage soo hard in the hmong culture. And some girls cant escape their dowries...which is indeed very sad.

And even if i were a male I wouldnt be surprised and happy and i WOULD be understanding. I'm sure there are ALOT of males out there who disagree with the "law" too. I have alot of guy friends and we talk about this kind of stuff. They don't like it as much as you dont. There are some bastard guys out there who just wants a cheap wife but there are more and more guys saying no to that. If you read leek18's (and from the message, im taking that hes a guy from the "yuav poj niam" part)....you'll find this to be true.

Hahah..and when you said "discount"...it reminded me of that little dialogue from this one chick talking to her boyfriend, joker. have you guys heard that? It's funny as hell!

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
bugsy said:
hahaha...wow...the first time someone called me a male! Hmm...YAY? HAHAHA...

Well, if you go into the picture thead, you'll find out that im a girl. ^_^ Hmm...i think i gotta change my avatar then... :lmao: S'ok...it's all cool..

Aniwaise...I didnt say that I like the so called "law". I'm just making a point to point out that not all people are alike...no matter if they're the same race.

And I strongly agree that humans are priceless. About the "law"....it's a yes or no issue. If parents like it..then they're gonna use it...if they dont..then they wont. This is what makes marriage soo hard in the hmong culture. And some girls cant escape their dowries...which is indeed very sad.

And even if i were a male I wouldnt be surprised and happy and i WOULD be understanding. I'm sure there are ALOT of males out there who disagree with the "law" too. I have alot of guy friends and we talk about this kind of stuff. They don't like it as much as you dont. There are some bastard guys out there who just wants a cheap wife but there are more and more guys saying no to that. If you read leek18's (and from the message, im taking that hes a guy from the "yuav poj niam" part)....you'll find this to be true.

Hahah..and when you said "discount"...it reminded me of that little dialogue from this one chick talking to her boyfriend, joker. have you guys heard that? It's funny as hell!
[post="79796"][/post]​

:lmao: opps. my bad. i thought you were a male.. yes your avatar made me think you were a male.. sorrie about that.

anyways, true.. if parents like it.. they use it..but if they don't.. they don't use it.. but the point is even if your parents doesn't like it.. the guys family gonna bring that stupid ass issue up.. " we want to talk about the new law." fuck that shit!

it happened to my cousin.. so i'm just saying.. cause her parents didn't like it.. the vang brought the 5 grand up.. fucked up shit! excuse.. to pay less.. cheap ass fockerS!! (sorrie for my bad language.)

and yea.. i know.. i know some guys who are happy about the 5 grand.. that's bullshit!

:lmao: yea.. i heard that one discount Joker song b-4.. it's funny as Fawk!!! hahahaha... :lmao:

jekki2chipo

sarNie Hatchling
Okay, all i gotta say

To all my hmong chickas.

Doesn't matter if you agree with the new law or not.

This is my question.

Do you think you're worth $5,800.00 and only$5,800.00?
Remember there are no refunds or exchanges. Once you're bought, you're bought.

there is no arguing about who started the damn rule or law or whatever you guys wanna call it.

All I wanna say is, do you think you're worth $5,800.00. It's a simply yes or no.

gurlie

sarNie Egg
i personally don't think it's stupid or great about the law because to me, as long as i am with the person i love...it's all good...and if i see my brothers and sisters happy with the one they love, then i'm completely cool....... :wub: :wub: :wub:

but then again this is just my opinion. B)

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
Chor_Moua said:
YM_GURL
yeah, i know it's hmong tradition, but my parents don't really follow that as much as they used too.

I mean hello with a MA in ENGLISH, and making good money,with a steady job, you think i'm only worth 5 grand?

More like 500 grand.

My parents, if I was to actually marry a hmong dude, then they would have to think about that, they all already know i might not even marry a hmong dude, i got my thai dude, so they're just waiting to see what me and mr. frankie is gonna do. i'll let you know in 2 years, since mr. frankie and i mutually agreed that if no-one wants to marry us before 25, then we'll get married hehehe. gotta have a pact. :lol:

i just think that this dumb rule is pathetic and sad, cause i mean look at it, saying the rule is now law, hello umm hmong people don't have no congress or government to even vote. so funny.
[post="79478"][/post]​
couldn't have said it better myself chor!...

c'mon, you can't put a price value on a person whether they're one of those slutty girls who sleep around or whether they're a goody two shoes with a good education and is an all around "good" hmong girl...let's face it...like someone mentioned earlier...it's all about the money for the hmong people...this may shock some people...but life isn't about how much you have and how much i have...and if parents really love their daughter...they wouldn't care about the money...a cousin of mine just got married recently and her parents just gave her away...they know she's a good girl with a good education...and if they wanted a price...they would've gotten a pretty good sum of money...but they didn't do that...as long as she's happy with the one she's with...they didn't care...that's how valuable their daughter is to them

the way i see it...by placing a price value on a person shows how much that person is worth...and whether that price is 10 grand...100 grand...or however high the price is...it's not enough...by placing a price value on someone they're pretty much saying..."i don't care, as long as i get the money"....they might as well sell you off to the streets as prostitutes...i mean...that's all you're really worth...i'm probably exaggerating...but that's how i see it

where's your sense of self worth???

moonfaerrie

sarNie Hatchling
Like I said, most of the girls parents gave them money to "phij cuam." If the parents gave so much for them as a gift, why can't the guy gave some to them also. But yeah, to me, I think if I were ever to get married and can have it my own way, the wedding will be split into two, none of that money for me thingy. All I want from the guy is his help towards my side of the family and I will do the same towards his side of the family.

agirl

sarNie Egg
This is odd news! The bride price is your future husband's gratitude to your family. I don't think of it as selling you. I mean c'mon, when you get married yeah your parents want the dowry. But their gonna give it right back to you when you leave.

Think of it this way: They give you gold necklaces, money, car, clothes, blankets, pots, pans, they raised you, they provided the wedding and etc.....I mean, add all those up and their giving more than they get. So c'mon cut them some slacks!

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
agirl said:
This is odd news! The bride price is your future husband's gratitude to your family. I don't think of it as selling you. I mean c'mon, when you get married yeah your parents want the dowry. But their gonna give it right back to you when you leave.

Think of it this way: They give you gold necklaces, money, car, clothes, blankets, pots, pans, they raised you, they provided the wedding and etc.....I mean, add all those up and their giving more than they get. So c'mon cut them some slacks!
[post="79970"][/post]​
You're RIGHT!!!