Hmong History

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
This news was on the front page of the Stockton Record today.

"New legislation would require the state high school history classes include information on the Hmong, including the Secret War in Laos."

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
i'm really happy about this and yeah our hmong history should be in some history class.

i remember when i was still in high school and i was in my history class and we were talking about the vietnam war and they forgot to add the hmong people in it, and our hmong deserve to be in it.

i'm so happy about this and thanks for sharing the news!!!!!!!!!

mokka

sarNie Adult
wow... i really hope it will happen soon... can't wait to see "Hmong" in the high school historty book. I'm excited about the news

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
what's so exciting about it?...you all act like it's so great and all that...and there's no way in hell it's gonna pass legislation...hmong peeps are like a speck of dirt to the americans...what makes you think one speck of dirt is gonna make a difference to the americans???....

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
what's so exciting about it?...you all act like it's so great and all that...and there's no way in hell it's gonna pass legislation...hmong peeps are like a speck of dirt to the americans...what makes you think one speck of dirt is gonna make a difference to the americans???....
Not too much expectations. Just a start. Not looking for future difference in how Americans view Hmongs. I believe this is strictly for educational purposes. Often, our classmates question us about our origins.

kulyia

RUK
This brought me a grin! Im soo Proud, because after years and years of suffering we finally made history! Now other races and or Ethnicity will now realize what Hmong is. Im going to tell Everyone the Great News!! Id careless of what others may think;low or high. We'll be seeing us Hmongs in text books!!..//=D

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
:loool: Dang! u sure like to talk a lot of crap..coming out every now and then juz to piss ppl off...well...i guess tat's wat your purpose in life is so go on ahead...

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
This news was on the front page of the Stockton Record today.

"New legislation would require the state high school history classes include information on the Hmong, including the Secret War in Laos."
This is great news and especially because it came out on April 30th...which is the 33 year anniversary of wen the American troops pulled out of Laos and the Hmong genocide started!! yes! finally the Secret War will start raising up to the surface..too bad i'm finish w/ history this year...but our AP US history text book do contain the Hmong ppl..and actually the last chapter acutally starts out w/ the hmong ppl...coolness rite? :lol:

greenapple2

sarNie Hatchling
My thoughts are which text is the bill referring to? Will it be a part of American History or be taught as a part of World History? I'm not swaying toward one or the other, I'm just pondering. :mellow:

mRs.BiE

sarNie Juvenile
ABOUT TIME!!! I did an essay on the secret war, my history teachers couldn't help much cause they didn't know much about it! I went on a college visit, none of the people there knew what Hmong is...I just hope the info is accurate, but then again, history is an abstract subject, even with american history, different text books tell different stories