CASTING NOTICE!

SEEKING:
HMONG PEOPLE
OF ALL AGES

FOR A NEW WARNER BROS
FEATURE FILM “GRAN TORINO�
SHOOTING IN THE MIDWEST SUMMER 2008.

Seeking the following roles:

TAO-15-19. A slight but very good-looking kid, he is quiet and keeps to himself.

SUE-15-19. Smart and confident, she isn’t afraid to speak her mind.

VU-40’s-50’s-Tao and Sue’s mother, she worries about her son. SPEAKS ONLY HMONG.

PHONG-60+ Tao and Sue’s grandmother, she is a tough, forceful matriarch. SPEAKS ONLY HMONG.

SMOKIE-18-20. A local gangbanger, Smokie is a tough guy with a dirty mouth and a violent streak.

KOR SHUE-60’s +. A wise older man, he is the respected local shaman. SPEAKS ONLY HMONG.

NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY

IF INTERESTED IN BEING CONSIDERED FOR THIS FILM,
please send current snapshot and contact information ASAP to:
torinocast@gmail.com
OR
The Post Factory/ 161 6th Avenue 11th Floor / New York, NY 10013

Please contact Amelia at 212.627.1662 x263 (NY or Midwest) OR Geoff at 818.954.

(LA/West Coast) with any questions
**Please note: if you have already auditioned or submitted yourself, there is no need to do so
again**

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
Something like this has already been posted, but thanks for sharing. Haven't heard about it for awhile nor from the casting directors.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
I wanna be sue, that's if I can learn how to act in like a few days!
this sounds interesting, someone should go try out...

DaH_LaDiE

sarNie Hatchling
I'M AUDITIONING!!!!
CANT WAIT!!
SO EXCITED!!! I CALLED AND EMAILED THEM... WELL IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED, THEN AUDITIONS WILL BE THIS SATURDAY.
I THINK IT WILL BE HELD IN FRESNO. HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
good luck but they will probably eventually replace you with a KOREAN, CHINESE, JAP, VIET ACTOR!! :)
u're hmong rite? y are u hating? always putting us down with all the oh they're just gonna replace us with other asians. u should be proud that they want hmong actors/actresses. and y u hating just cuz u know u'll never be popular.

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
I'm pretty sure there are decent actors out there who just haven't been discovered yet! Good luck to everyone this weekend!!!

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
I'm pretty sure there are decent actors out there who just haven't been discovered yet! Good luck to everyone this weekend!!!

BINGO! absolutely agreed!! there were tons....and it will alwase continue for the rest of the generation......cute people are still reproduce.....hehe....

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
they mainly only hold auditions in major cities..
like san francisco... los angeles... and other cities...
whenever i receive auditioning opportunities..
they are always in SF, LA, LV, and Concord
fresno isn't major.. but they just probably want to go there..
lol.

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
GOOD NEWS TWIN CITIES MY HMONG PEOPLE. THEY WILL HAVE AUDITIONS IN ST.PAUL, MINNEAPOLIS AREA. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND GOOD LUCK TO MYSELF ALSO...ALTHOUGH IT IS STILL A THREE HOUR DRIVE FOR ME.

xinga

sarNie Egg
I dont want to put your hopes down, but looks like Clint Eastwood has already found a girl to play the role of (SUE). He contacted Chinese actress, Crystal Liu Yi Fei, and ask her to fly to the U.S. for an audition. Crystal Liu Yi Fei is the girl in The Forbidden Kingdom that just came out with Jet Li and Jackie Chan. Looks like this film wont be an "ALL HMONG" cast as we had thought. Come on now, how many Hmong girls can compete with that? Lets just hope the other roles will actually have some Hmong people in it. HOPEFULLY HMONG MINNESOTA GIRLS CAN PROVE CLINT EASTWOOD WRONG AND EVENTUALLY STEAL BACK THE ROLE OF SUE! WERE COUNTING ON YOU SO GO OUT AND PROVE TO THIS OLD MAN THAT HMONG PEOPLE CAN ACT!
Heres the link to the information:

Gran Torino News

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Well that sucks! I'm not Hmong, but I feel like if they want a movie about a Hmong family, then they need to show the authenticity of it and use real Hmongs!
This so remind me of old American films where they have Asian characters in it, but instead of using real Asians, they used a white gal or guy and diguised them to look Asian. How lame is that?

fun

Expired Sarnie
Well that sucks! I'm not Hmong, but I feel like if they want a movie about a Hmong family, then they need to show the authenticity of it and use real Hmongs!
This so remind me of old American films where they have Asian characters in it, but instead of using real Asians, they used a white gal or guy and diguised them to look Asian. How lame is that?
Back in the days they had White folks to play Black people because they were not allowed to associate with the whites. In my US history class I find it funny even though it was in black and white you could tell they were White playing Black roles. I understand back then but if this is a different situation and I totally agree with you. I think it is just bogus to see a Chinese female play a Hmong role when they said they wanted Hmong actors and actress. I think Hmong people should step it up too by showing what they got. I believe Brenda Song should go for it if no other wants it. No offense I am not saying it is Brenda Song who should have the role. I meant at least they should have consider her over the Chinese gal.

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! I know who she is and she very pretty but no way for this role because she not hmong!!!!!!!!! I knew it that they are going to do something like this but hope she won't get to be that role and hmong girl will get that role

I dont want to put your hopes down, but looks like Clint Eastwood has already found a girl to play the role of (SUE). He contacted Chinese actress, Crystal Liu Yi Fei, and ask her to fly to the U.S. for an audition. Crystal Liu Yi Fei is the girl in The Forbidden Kingdom that just came out with Jet Li and Jackie Chan. Looks like this film wont be an "ALL HMONG" cast as we had thought. Come on now, how many Hmong girls can compete with that? Lets just hope the other roles will actually have some Hmong people in it. HOPEFULLY HMONG MINNESOTA GIRLS CAN PROVE CLINT EASTWOOD WRONG AND EVENTUALLY STEAL BACK THE ROLE OF SUE! WERE COUNTING ON YOU SO GO OUT AND PROVE TO THIS OLD MAN THAT HMONG PEOPLE CAN ACT!
Heres the link to the information:

Gran Torino News

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! I know who she is and she very pretty but no way for this role because she not hmong!!!!!!!!! I knew it that they are going to do something like this but hope she won't get to be that role and hmong girl will get that role

you know...it's not like they care. i already figure and say way earlier before that they were gonna use a chinese/korean/etc..besides hmong to play a hmong character. i'm not trying to put us Hmong folks down but i doubt any of us Hmong would get a role in it..seriously

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
yes true!!!! and i do understand you

you know...it's not like they care. i already figure and say way earlier before that they were gonna use a chinese/korean/etc..besides hmong to play a hmong character. i'm not trying to put us Hmong folks down but i doubt any of us Hmong would get a role in it..seriously

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
ok so i ask amelia if it's true that Crystal Liu Yi Fei got the role and she said that as far as she knows the role is still open.