HERO Topic...

So sitting in English class we have to write an essay on who we think is an HERO to us. Well personally I dont have a hero at all... Butta i thought doing something Hmong related will get me thru this PICKY ENGLISH TEACHER I thought of two people who i can write as my heros. General Vang Pao and Mee Moua. I thought about it hard and the general has an bad image I probly have to write a book on him. Then I thought of Mee Moua. The first hmong to be a State Senator. I personally think that's powerful.. She is someone who i would most define look up to... So I am asking if i was to write an essay on a HERO would she be a good topic to write about... Or any suggested ideas...

candi

sarNie Juvenile
That sounds fine, if you really feel that she is your hero.

For me, I would pick my dad. My dad is my hero. He fought through so much to bring me to the US for a better life.

That sounds fine, if you really feel that she is your hero.

For me, I would pick my dad. My dad is my hero. He fought through so much to bring me to the US for a better life.
lol... Yeah I did pass that as a think of that too... My grandparents and my parents and uncles they all fought for us to get here. But our report had to be on people who are well know now, then, and etc... We couldnt do it on family, relatives, or imaginary people. It has to be people and we had to also CITE our refrences too... Yeah... Or else I would totally do it on my grandparents and family...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
my hero is my mom. she's hmong dawb n she married hmong leeg. n every leeg person hated her n didnt even like or speak to her n talked a whole buncha shit...but my mom, who is a smart kind hearted woman, endured it all. n guess wat, today everyone likes her n respects her..she's the best cook in my whole clan, cuz TRUST ME, they suck at cookin...well my mom is always asked to help cook cuz they aren't good at making papaya, pho, qhob poob etc..

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
So sitting in English class we have to write an essay on who we think is an HERO to us. Well personally I dont have a hero at all... Butta i thought doing something Hmong related will get me thru this PICKY ENGLISH TEACHER I thought of two people who i can write as my heros. General Vang Pao and Mee Moua. I thought about it hard and the general has an bad image I probly have to write a book on him. Then I thought of Mee Moua. The first hmong to be a State Senator. I personally think that's powerful.. She is someone who i would most define look up to... So I am asking if i was to write an essay on a HERO would she be a good topic to write about... Or any suggested ideas...
yeah you can. if mee moua has made a difference in your life..

tearsofautumn

sarNie Hatchling
You should pick someone who stands out from the rest...not in everything that they do, but everything that they are.

my hero is my mom. she's hmong dawb n she married hmong leeg. n every leeg person hated her n didnt even like or speak to her n talked a whole buncha shit...but my mom, who is a smart kind hearted woman, endured it all. n guess wat, today everyone likes her n respects her..she's the best cook in my whole clan, cuz TRUST ME, they suck at cookin...well my mom is always asked to help cook cuz they aren't good at making papaya, pho, qhob poob etc..
sorry that your mom had to go through that ....but hopefully that doesn't make you think every Hmoob leeg person is mean and spiteful...because there are some great and kind ones out there

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
man too bad for me....haha i didnt even know who MEE MOUA is.....i was like who is that!.....im not up to date with the hmong ppl

angelxtasy

sarNie Hatchling
I believe that's a great choice as well.
But it really comes down to who really is your hero, if she is.
Then you should write about her, if someone else more personal
in your life is, then write about him/her. It shows more emotion.
I'm sure you'll do awesome =)

Thanks for all the replies. I really dont know who Mee Moua really is either, I first heard of her at the Denver Convention with with Obama. I was watching it on TV and I was like WHOA... Then I got really interested with this topic for English came up. I havent done anything yet, just read a few things about her and its interesting. I cant really say she's my HERO but just someone I would look up to. She has taken a BIG STEP for the HMONG people in this country. That is why I wanted to do it on her. I think its a powerful thing to see a Hmong person in the US Senator seat.
I wanted to do it on family but we are not allowed to. My english teacher is PICKY PICKY PICKY. Its his way or no way... I know everyone sees their father and mother as a hero and I do too... They will alwaise be a HERO in my heart. I LOVE THEM THE MOST...

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
i suggest write about someone u feel strongly about...whether it is ur family member...or politician...they don't have to had made a tremendous influence in your life personally....i tink Mee Moua is a good choice because no she probably have touched you personally..but she sure helped and influence the larger group as a whole...

my suggestion..since no one have mentioned him yet...Blong Xiong (first Hmong elected to the City Council: Fresno)...i admire that man so much...after getting to meet him a couple times...and getting to see how he interacts and deals with problems between his colleagues and the public...he's just absolutely amazing!

mly

sarNie Hatchling
There are many Hmong people who has made a different for us Hmong.

Brenda Song - actress

Mee Moua - 1st Hmong & Lady senator

Dr. Yang Dao

G. Lindwood Barney began working on the writing system with speakers of Green Mong (Mong Leng), Geu Yang and Tua Xiong, among others. He consulted with William A. Smalley, a missionary studying the Khmu language in Luang Prabang province at the time. Concurrently, Yves Bertrais, a Roman Catholic missionary in Kiu Katiam, Luang Prabang, was undertaking a similar project with Chong Yeng Yang and Chue Her Thao. The two working groups met in 1952 and reconciled any differences by 1953 to produce a version of the script. - wikipedia (they'r not hmong, but they created the hmong letters (RPA) for us to use today. we didn't have any writings of our own until 1950.)

Shong Lue Yang
- mother of the hmong writing (pahawh)

Mee Hang

that's all i can think of, but there are many more out there.