here are some pictures i found

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
**credit to darla yang (i found these on her myspace page) she is a singer for apple video production

the ladies in the pageant

<< i love mai yeng's dress. its beautiful and the color is different... she looks like an asian barbie.. she's so tall >>

<< and i like hlee's thai costume. it makes you look rich when you wear it. lol. very bright and stand out a lot >>

and then.. mercedes won

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
i agree! maiv yeeb does look like the asian barbie! she is so pretty! she should have won. tall beautiful she got it all!

skies

sarNie Adult
girls are pretty
but it is not always about the look
hopefully she makes a difference in the hmong community if not the world
congrats to the winner

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
mercedes's mom was the person that took paj zaub to thailand. and they are already planning banquets for raising money for their humanitarian summer trip to thailand and laos.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
i was thinking that maybe thats the reason why the crown went to mercedes because i believed her mom is part of this Hmong Women Organization group in sacramento. so maybe connections?
seriously i think that all these hmong pageants are so corrupted! if you got high status parents, you're gurantee at least the top 5. sucks for people like me who would probably be elimatinated in like the first round.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
i was thinking that maybe thats the reason why the crown went to mercedes because i believed her mom is part of this Hmong Women Organization group in sacramento. so maybe connections?
seriously i think that all these hmong pageants are so corrupted! if you got high status parents, you're gurantee at least the top 5. sucks for people like me who would probably be elimatinated in like the first round.

haha.... :lol: if thats the case then i guess i should try out for next year pageant to cuz my brother is also part of their organization thingy too.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
if i was to enter a pageant.. it would only be for the experience that i tried something new.
who the hell cares about winning these days knowing that winners are selected before hand?

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
NOW THAT I KEEP LOOKING AT MERCEDES..
SHE LOOKS LIKE THIS ONE GIRL I USED TO KNOW WHEN I WENT TO SAM BRANNAN MIDDLE SCHOOL
AND WE USED TO TAKE THE BUS TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY.
HER NAME WAS MERCEDES LY TOO.
LOLZ

blink182008

sarNie Egg

RIGHT ON SISTA! If you sat down and actually watched the entire event then Mercedes robbed the crown from the north carolina girl straight up. I know that it was because her mom was Mai Ying or whatever her name is. Can you believe it that the judges did not even let the contestants see the scores to see who actually won! Some judges even say that the final five girls that were up there were not even who they chose. And to top that off even some of the judges say that Mercedes wasn't whom they chose. But once the score sheets left their hands then they had no idea what went on behind closed doors. Maybe Mercedes is a very nice girl but she straight up isn't the rightful winner. If you watched the pageant you will see that she stalled on most of her answers while some of the other girls were flawless in their mannerism, walks, and answers.

You know whats really sad though. A lot of hmong people who wasted their time watching the pageat also agrees that she should not have won and the reason she won was because of her mom. If they gave it to someone else then her mom may not want to help support the winner to go on that Paj Zaub Khang mission to Thailand so i guess they had to give it to her.

Oh yes, back to the sad thing. When they finally paraded Mercedes outside for people to look , nobody even bothered to clap or care. Thats unusual since from what I've seen in the past a lot of people usually run to take pictures or shake hands or clap when the newly crowned MIss is paraded out in the open. But noboy did anything. It was as if they all knew she was the wrongful winner and so nobody cared! Besides that she did not show up on the second day after she won to make her speech. Instead Teng Cha and Hlee the second and third place winners were there to give their speeches. So dod she think she was too good to show up or were they embarrased that people cought on to their cheating?

And if the Fresno Pageant Comittee was fair then why did they not allow the contsetants to see each other's score. I know for a fact that several of the contestants and their parents went to ask to see the scores but the commitee flatly refused them. So does that mean that if they finall allow them to see it then would that mean that they have already doctored up the scores? Whatever. There's always cheating involved in these things anyways. I hope that Mercedes can prove that she was worth the crown because unless she does everyone will know the real reason why she won.

I don't mean to put her down because she's probably a pawn in all this . Its just unfortunate that the mom is selling Mercedes soul/reputation and she may actually be innocent. But its just a few things that has been bugging me about this entire pageant. I really don't care who wins but PLEASE win it FAIR and SQUARE. In most people's eyes Miss Teng Cha of North Carolina should have been the rightful winner. And even if she did not take first then someone else should have taken first and not Merceds. Her performance was not a 1st place performance. She did not even deserve to make top five based on her answers.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
RIGHT ON SISTA! If you sat down and actually watched the entire event then Mercedes robbed the crown from the north carolina girl straight up. I know that it was because her mom was Mai Ying or whatever her name is. Can you believe it that the judges did not even let the contestants see the scores to see who actually won! Some judges even say that the final five girls that were up there were not even who they chose. And to top that off even some of the judges say that Mercedes wasn't whom they chose. But once the score sheets left their hands then they had no idea what went on behind closed doors. Maybe Mercedes is a very nice girl but she straight up isn't the rightful winner. If you watched the pageant you will see that she stalled on most of her answers while some of the other girls were flawless in their mannerism, walks, and answers.

You know whats really sad though. A lot of hmong people who wasted their time watching the pageat also agrees that she should not have won and the reason she won was because of her mom. If they gave it to someone else then her mom may not want to help support the winner to go on that Paj Zaub Khang mission to Thailand so i guess they had to give it to her.

Oh yes, back to the sad thing. When they finally paraded Mercedes outside for people to look , nobody even bothered to clap or care. Thats unusual since from what I've seen in the past a lot of people usually run to take pictures or shake hands or clap when the newly crowned MIss is paraded out in the open. But noboy did anything. It was as if they all knew she was the wrongful winner and so nobody cared! Besides that she did not show up on the second day after she won to make her speech. Instead Teng Cha and Hlee the second and third place winners were there to give their speeches. So dod she think she was too good to show up or were they embarrased that people cought on to their cheating?

And if the Fresno Pageant Comittee was fair then why did they not allow the contsetants to see each other's score. I know for a fact that several of the contestants and their parents went to ask to see the scores but the commitee flatly refused them. So does that mean that if they finall allow them to see it then would that mean that they have already doctored up the scores? Whatever. There's always cheating involved in these things anyways. I hope that Mercedes can prove that she was worth the crown because unless she does everyone will know the real reason why she won.

I don't mean to put her down because she's probably a pawn in all this . Its just unfortunate that the mom is selling Mercedes soul/reputation and she may actually be innocent. But its just a few things that has been bugging me about this entire pageant. I really don't care who wins but PLEASE win it FAIR and SQUARE. In most people's eyes Miss Teng Cha of North Carolina should have been the rightful winner. And even if she did not take first then someone else should have taken first and not Merceds. Her performance was not a 1st place performance. She did not even deserve to make top five based on her answers.

a hmong pageant can be compared to crimes. lolz

if you have money/rep/status.. you get to the top just like that and you get away with stuff easily