Her Pain, His Pleasure [CH 35-- END] [COMPLETE]

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Damn it!!! It's almost 2AM and I just got tricked! Noy, I saw that you posted so i thought you have updates lol!

duaxiong

sarNie Adult
So Good~~
Dennis was there Right..?
My Heart DROPPED when Hope was pronounced dead ~.~
But after reading more,i was relieved^^
Taha,Love it,update soon;]

Chewy

Natty's #1 FAN!
I can't wait for the final chapter!!! **while waiting...i'm already reading the squel** :thumbsup:

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
CHAPTER 35

this song plays throughout this chapter : )

Dennis beams with delight, gazing at the picture in front of him-- a picture of Kimberly and Hope. Photos are the only things he has of Kimberly and Hope. It helps keep his sanity. To make him feel closer to them, even though they're so far away. But all that will change today. He's finally back in town. Here to stay permanently. He couldn't wait to see Kimberly's sweet face again.

He puts down the picture and puts on his blazer. The smile on his face just won't disappear. It's almost as if his face is stuck like that. He's been wishing and praying for this day for a long time and now it's finally. His heart flutters at the thought of his beautiful daughter, Hope, who turns one years old today. It couldn't have been a more perfect timing.

It's funny how one year passes by with a blink of an eye. So much has happen within the years he's been away. He couldn't bare to miss more. He's been gone for too long and it's tormenting his heart to be away from his daughter and Kimberly. This time around, he vows to make things right. No more fooling around and letting the woman he loves slip away nor letting another passing day go by without being there for Hope. His daughter needs him in her life.

He fixes his collar, buttoning up his blazer. He thinks back to a year, when he visited Kimberly in the hospital-- the day she had complication with the delivery. His grandmother called right away and informed him of the mishap. Devastated and ravaged by the news. His felt his whole world fell apart. An emptiness in his heart. He took the next flight back home without letting anyone know beside his grandparents. He had them promise to keep it a secret.

When he saw Kimberly that day, sleeping so peacefully, he wanted to crawl into the bed with her and hold her tightly in his arms. His heart yearned for her so much, wanting to embrace her tightly and tell her, "I'm here, sweetheart... I'm finally here... I'll hold you tightly..." But something prevented him from going any further. Almost as if there was an wall in front of him preventing him to do what his heart desires.

All he could do was watch her sleep and caressing her arm gently. Once she starting moving, he knew he had to leave. He couldn't be seen yet. Now isn't the best time for him. He needs time to let her heart mend. Although he wanted to be with her so badly, he had to leave. Before he left, he planted a soft gentle kiss on her lips, whispering in her ear how much he loves and misses her. Her sweet lips, Oh how he miss them so much. He could kiss them forever. What he wouldn't give to have her beside him once again.

But today he will have that chance to hold her once again. He miss that sweet face of hers. Missed it terribly. He checks his reflection in the mirror, making sure his tie is straight. As he exhales deeply, he could feel his heart beating faster and faster. "Hope, sweetie..." he inhales deeply, "Daddy's finally coming home..." His heart's beating against his chest.

He couldn't wait to hold his precious daughter in his arms. He's missed out on so much he can't afford to miss out anymore. He thinks back to the day she was born. He was devastated when his grandparents told him the news that his baby was dead. Crushed. His whole body went numb by the news. It shattered his fragile heart. But thank goodness she came back to life. She truly is a miracle baby, being born once again. That day he visit Kimberly in the hospital, he got a quick chance to hold his precious petite baby girl.

All emotions ran high when he held her in his arms. Happy and excited to know that he's help create such a beautiful life. But sad that he couldn't hold her forever. For the first time in a long time, he shed a tear for his newborn baby. The beautiful little baby that he's help create. He kissed her once on her little nose and said, "Be good to mommy... she's been through a lot with daddy... I love you sweetie... I'll be back for you... I promise..."

He exhales deeply, feeling the butterflies work his stomach. "Finally..." he utters, feeling his heart beat faster. He quickly grabs the stack of photos, his wallet, phone and car keys, ready to go meet his daughter and the woman who has his heart-- Kimberly.

"I'm coming Kimberly... I'm coming Hope..." he utters under his breath as he walks out the door.

----------------------------

"Okay, one more picture! The last one!" Barry shouts to the small crowd, getting a group picture with Hope, the birthday girl.

Kimberly's been smiling all day. Photos were being snapped left and right. Everywhere she turned, she was being taken. She felt like a celebrity with all the camera flashing. She had no idea Hope's first birthday would be so ravishing and big. Dennis's parents went all out for their granddaughter. Spoiling her to the max with expensive gifts. They just can't get enough of her.

Once the picture was finally done, Hope begins to get fussy, wanting to get down, "Okay... Okay..." Kimberly puts her down, fixing the bottom of Hope's dresses.

"Don't worry Kimberly," Dennis's mom says, "I'll keep an eye on her." she smiles sweetly. Kimberly thanks her and watches as Hope wobble around like a wild animal on the loose. Dennis's mom following her behind. Kimberly can hear Hope's cute baby laughter from a distance. Her heart melts, thinking how wonderful everyone has been to her and Hope.

Kimberly can't believe Hope is finally a year old. Time sure did fly. Her precious baby is growing up so fast. She's changed her life drastically-- for the better of course. The past year has been hectic, but nevertheless rewarding. She wakes up everyday blessed for this beautiful miracle in her life. When Kimberly's stressing or feeling down, she knows she can count on Hope to put a smile on her face. It almost as if Hope is the missing piece of her life. She's almost complete.

From a distance she sees Barry and Yaya taking a picture with Hope. She smiles in envy. Jealous of their picture perfect photo. They look like a real family, smiling and laughing. Her heart aches. She's blessed to have Hope in her life, but deep down she knows she's missing something else. She's longing for something she can't have. Dennis. She's happy that Hope distracts her from thinking of Dennis. But with each day passes by, she can't help but see Dennis in Hope. There's no way she can escape from him.

She also can't deny the fact that she misses him terribly. Oh what she wouldn't give to see him again. Today's their daughter's birthday and he's not here to share it with her. Having Hope has made her learn so much about her. She's grown as a person, for the better. She's made some foolish choices in the past by letting her pride get in the way. But she vows that if Dennis ever comes back into her life, she'll never let him go. She's sure of it.

Kimberly exhales deeply, diverting her attention to her surroundings. There was so many people here, she didn't even know the majority of them. All belonging to Dennis's parents friends and relatives. Hope is probably the only baby here. And it's suppose to be a baby birthday party. She shakes her head at that idea and chuckles to herself. She walks around the party, making sure guest were comfortable and having a great time.

As she's about to walk over to get Hope, something flies by Kimberly's face, startling her. A paper airplane.

"What the..." she bends down to pick it the paper plane. She scans through the busy crowd, wondering who threw it. No one looked suspicious.

Kimberly noticed there was a picture stuck inside paper plane. She removes the photo, curious as to who's picture it is. Here jaws drop, heart stops, taken back by it as she stares at the small photo. It's a picture of her and Hope when she first carried her in the hospital. She could feel her eyes slowly welling up with tears but she fights back. she flips the photo around and realize there's something written on the back.

"Without you in my arms, I feel an emptiness in my soul. I find myself searching the crowd for your familiar face-- I know it's impossible but I can't help myself... I miss you terribly..."

"Dennis..." she softly whispers, feeling her heart beating loudly against her chest. she tucks the picture in her side and takes a step.

Her eyes slowly rummages through the crowd of laughter and loud conversations. Yet, still no one look like a suspect. She begins to walk a few steps closer to the crowd but stops. Heart pounding faster and faster, trying to pinpoint a familiar face.

"He has to be here..." She listens to her own heart speak, "I just know it..."

A tap on the shoulder startles Kimberly, flinching by the touch. Kimberly turns her head in the direction of the tap. Her face expression changes. Pale as a ghost.

"What's up with that scared look, Kimberly?" Yaya gives her a weary look.

"Uh..." she quickly crumbles up the paper plane, "Nothing... I uh-- Just thought I saw a familiar face, that's all--" she stumbles over her worlds, trying to act normal.

Yaya studies Kimberly hard, but shakes her head, "Forget about that-- The cake's being wheeled out here. Let's go before this crowd starts a riot!" she grabs Kimberly the hand and pulls her out. Once they reach the front of the banquet, Dennis's mom hands Hope back to Kimberly, who was excited to see her.

"Come to Mommy...." she makes faces at Hope, who's cooing with excitement. She tells Hope to cover her eyes for a surprise. It's something she loves doing.

The lights slowly begins to get dim, and the cake comes wheeling in. Kimberly's jaw drop in amazement. Ying told her she'll bake her a birthday cake to remember. It's almost as tall as Kimberly but nonetheless, very beautiful. It's a four layer white frosting cake with pink drapes cascading down the 4 layers of cake. Flowers and glitter sparkling in the dim light and at the top sits hello kitty with a sign that says "Happy 1st Birthday." Kimberly's impressed. Very impressed. Ying pulled through big time and Kimberly wanted to cry at how beautiful it looks.

"Thank you..." she mouthed to Ying, who smiles from ear to ear.

Kimberly looks at Hope who's staring at the cake with amazement, wondering what in the world is it. She smiles at Hope's young curiosity.

One of the staff comes by with a candle and lights the cake. The crowd circles around the cake begins to sing happy birthday to Hope, who's smiling with joy and clapping her hands with excitement. Kimberly's heart warms with joy, seeing her precious girl in smiles.

"Blow out the candle Hope-- Help her Kimberly--" Yaya shouts, as everyone's clapping their hands.

Kimberly and Hope moves in closer to the cake, getting ready to blow out the candle. She turns to Hope, "Come on sweetie... Let's make a wish together... and blow out the candle," she smiles at Hope, who's still staring at the lit candle in awe.

Kimberly closes her eyes for a few seconds, making a wish on behave of Hope. She smiles to herself, open her eyes and turns to Hope, "Ready, sweetie..." she says, facing the direction of the cake one more. She takes a big breath and blows out the candle. The crowd claps their hands.

She can't help but smile, holding onto Kimberly. But as she lifts her head, her face expression change drastically. Her heart drops to the floor. She's pale as a ghost. Stunned by who she sees standing on the other side of the table. Dennis. The room may be lit dimly but she can make him out anywhere. Her knees grow weak, unable to catch her breath. Heart pounding loudly against her chest. It's really Dennis, she says to herself. Unable to think clearly either. He's smiling at her with a bouquet o pink and white tiger lilies in her hand-- her favorite. She's speechless. It can't really be happening.

He's slowly walking towards her. Yaya swiftly interferes by taking Hope, letting Kimberly and Dennis have their moment.

"De--Dennis...?" She stutters as he stands in front of her. Suddenly the lights turn on and she can see him clearly now. It really is him. He's here in the flesh. The crowd watches on in amazement.

Kimberly's heart pounds faster and faster. Not wanting to blink her eyes in case it was her mind playing tricks on her. Her hand slowly reaches for his face. She touches him slightly. Chills ran down her spins. This isn't a dream. She's not fantasizing it. He's really here in front of her. That gorgeous smile, that perfect posture, those sweet lips.

"You're back..." she quivers in excitement. Her arms slip around his waist, hugging him tightly for dear life, "It's really you..." she cries, feeling the tears begin to well up. All her emotion runs out of control. He's finally back in her arms. She inhales deeply smelling that sweet scent of his cologne.

"I'm back Kimberly...just like I promise..." Dennis comforts her, "No more tears Kimberly..." He wipes her tears dry, "you've shed enough tears for me through the tears... I never want to see you cry anymore... I'm sorry for EVERYTHING, Kimberly... Truly sorry... " he caresses her cheeks, staring deeply into her soul, "I'm a changed man, I promise. From now on, I promise, I'll love you forever. I'll cherish all the times we spend together. I'll appreciate you more than I ever did. I can't see my life without you... I can't go on living knowing that you're not by my side..." he begins to choke up.

His eyes slowly welling up with tears, but he fights back, "The past years without you have been torture on me-- extremely painful... The truth is I need you more than anything... You and Hope... I've just been to stupid to see with through my own eyes, blinded by pride..."

He pauses, trying to catch his breath, "So what I'm trying to say is... Please, Kimberly... Please give me another chance...? Before i parted ways with you about two years ago, I was a man with the mentality of a teenage boy, unable to love you-- But today, I stand before you as a man... I've made the change and I want to be apart of your life and Hope's life... And I'm ready to love you with all of my heart..."

Dennis takes Kimberly by the hand, kissing it gently. Kimberly holds back the tears, realizing what he was doing as soon as he got down on one knee.

"Kimberly Ann Woltemus..." he reaches into his pocket, pulling out a small box, showing her a platinum and diamond ring with pave-set diamonds along the criss-cross band [CLICK TO SEE THE RING] "I fell in love with you the times we spent together but I fell even deeper in the past two years we were apart... Kimberly, I finally realize that you are everything I never knew I always wanted... Would you make me the happiest and the luckiest man on the face of the earth by marrying me...?" he chokes on his tears.

Kimberly wipes his tears away, nodding her head, "Of course I will Dennis Joesph O'Neil..." She plants a kiss on his sweet lips-- they've both yearned to share passionate kiss like this.

The crowd goes wild, clapping and hooting. Camera flashes as Dennis embraces her tightly, glad to have her back in his arms. They share another passionate kiss. He pulls away and slips the engagement ring into her finger. A perfect fit. Kimberly's all smiles, trying to get a grasps of what just happen. It seems as though it all happen in a blink of an eye.

"Finally you two!!" Yaya, carrying Hope, and Barry steps into the picture, Yaya's carrying Hope in her arms, who's still won't stop smiling.

"You--you knew about this Yaya?" Kimberly ask in shock, taking Hope from her.

"Only since this morning... When Dennis landed," she winks at Kimberly, "And congrats by the way! I knew you two will work out your differences..." she gives them both a hug.

Barry congratulates them too, patting Dennis on back, "I told you, you'd marry Kimberly!" he chuckles.

Dennis smiles, "Yeah... You were right... Hate to admit it but I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world..." he kisses Kimberly on the cheek. Dennis's parent then appears from the crowd, blessing them for the engagement.

They continue onto the cake, cutting it for guest. After all the cake was distributed to guest, everyone continues with the party. Having a blast and taking turns playing with Hope.

A live band plays and Dennis ask Kimberly to dance. Everyone claps at the couple, seeing how happy they look.

Dennis wraps his arms tightly around her slim waist. Happy to finally be with her again. Happy to see her beautiful face. They swayed back and forth, listening to the music. Everything's finally falling into place for them. She couldn't ask for a better birthday for her daughter. It's the last song of the night but it won't be the last song they'll ever dance.

Dennis and Kimberly bids their goodbyes to all the guest. Barry and Yaya are the last one to leaving behind just Kimberly, Dennis and Hope. Dennis helps gathers Hope's bag. Kimberly walks up to Dennis with Hope in her arms.

"Dennis..." she smiles at him, "I didn't get a chance to introduce you to our daughter, Hope-- Hope Marie O'Neil..." she motions Hope's hand, waving it at Dennis. She giggles with joy, trying to go to Dennis.

He smiles at her, holding out his hands to her. Without any hesitations, she goes to him, laughing and giggling as he tickles her. Excited to be holding his daughter again. Happy that she isn't afraid of him like he thought. He couldn't wait to start his life with his new family.

"This is actually my second meeting with Hope," he smiles at Kimberly.

"Second meeting?" she ask with confusion.

"I met her a year ago at the hospital.. When she became our miracle baby..." he plays with Hope's little hands.

Kimberly's jaw drop, "you mean...?" suddenly realizing that it really was Dennis who was in hospital room with her.

He chuckles, nodding his head, "I visit you in your room..." he takes his unoccupied arm and wraps it around her slim waist, "I didn't want to wake you.. I was afraid of what you would do if you saw me."

Kimberly notice the sorrow in his eyes, "I would have been happy..." she tells him, "I forgave you after you left for the second time..." she smiles sweetly, "I'm sorry for being so stubborn and naive. I shouldn't have pushes you away like that. I was afraid that if I give in to you, you'd hurt me again... And my heart couldn't take anymore pain..."

He gently takes a hold of her hand, "I never realize how much I've hurt you... until the day that I left. I realize in the end I was only hurting myself... But I promise there will be no more pain ever again... Just pleasure..." he leans in closer, giving her a slight kiss on her forehead and a gentle kiss on her lips, "I love you Kimberly Ann Woltemus...from this day forward, I'll always love you... I can't wait until you become Mrs. Kimberly Ann O'Neil.." he chuckles with a smile.

Kimberly caresses his cheeks, staring deeply into his soul, "Forget the past Dennis.We can only move forward in life so let's start today with a fresh new beginning..." she shift her eyes over to Hope to see she's a happy little camper in her daddy's arms. He puts Hope down and holds her hand. Kimberly's heart melts, thinking this is how it's suppose to feel like. The final piece of her puzzle is complete.

"We'll start a new beginning with our daughter, Hope Marie O'Neil..." she squeeze his hand, "I love you Dennis Joseph O'Neil... I always have and I always will... I can't wait to be Mrs. O'Neil..." butterflies in her stomach as she tells him, smiling as if she were a kid once again. He still makes her weak in the knees, even after all these years. She tip toes, leaning in to give Dennis a kiss on his lips. His lips still taste as sweet as it did when he first kissed her. Now she can kiss them whenever she pleased.

Dennis smiles at his two beautiful girls. Kimberly and Dennis both take one side of Hope's little hands. Together, the three slowly walks down the stretched corridor. Ready to begin a new journey. The previous journey has been a long time coming for Dennis and Kimberly--So many smiles and frowns, tears and laughter. Yet it's just another chapter added to their complex fairy tale story.

Kimberly finally capture the heart of her prince and Dennis finally realize that the princess he's bound to save was Kimberly this whole time. Their fairy tale story may not have been perfect but no love is perfect. Sometimes in love, They has their share of pain and pleasure. But like the saying goes, "in love you can't have pleasure without a little bit of pain..."

THE END.

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
What a happy and great ending.. thanks for your story.. Love it throughout the process of this story.. =D

good job.. can't wait to read love and lust.. ^.^

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
yay happen ending! thanks noy. i'll have to come back and read this ff again when i have time. i truly miss staying up till 1 reading the story lol

dreams_x

sarNie Oldmaid
Thanks, that was such a cute ending. At least Kim has Dennis back. And Hope
has her father back. Aww. so cute. Thanks again

cecilia

Staff member
what a beautiful ending ..
i love every bits of it ..
so sad that it end too soon :(
i'm so going to miss them ..
one of the best fic i read this year ..
thank you for making my addiction go high each time you update ..
the last chapter did no less -- i super heart your fic ja.
I will try to get on the 2nd one, although, i'm not the biggest fan of Tom & Taya ..
Perhaps, i can do role play in my head again lol

duaxiong

sarNie Adult
Awh,Truly Loved it! :thumbsup:
I love the ending,sad that it ended but another Sequel to it so YAY^^
So Sweet && ROMANTIC;];]Thanks for writing this FF,,;]

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Thank you for a wonderful/exciting/addicting story :)
You're very welcome :D I'm actually surprised I finished this FF :lolyup: This is the only second FF I've finished. HAHA.

*happy tears* thanks noy. that was one beautiful ending. love it.
Awee thank you for reading! I'm glad you loved it. :D

What a happy and great ending.. thanks for your story.. Love it throughout the process of this story.. =D

good job.. can't wait to read love and lust.. ^.^
Hehe thank you :D Love & Lust will be interesting to write I think.

yay happen ending! thanks noy. i'll have to come back and read this ff again when i have time. i truly miss staying up till 1 reading the story lol
Awee thanks :D I'm glad you enjoyed this FF.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Thanks, that was such a cute ending. At least Kim has Dennis back. And Hope
has her father back. Aww. so cute. Thanks again
Thanks for reading Jen! I gotta get caught up with your FF!

what a beautiful ending ..
i love every bits of it ..
so sad that it end too soon :(
i'm so going to miss them ..
one of the best fic i read this year ..
thank you for making my addiction go high each time you update ..
the last chapter did no less -- i super heart your fic ja.
I will try to get on the 2nd one, although, i'm not the biggest fan of Tom & Taya ..
Perhaps, i can do role play in my head again lol
Awe I'm touched Cecilia! :kiss3: i'm glad you enjoyed my FF :D
& no worries if you don't read Love & Lust :lol:
I'm not a big fan of Tom or Taya but somehow I keep picturing Taya as my main n'ek! hehe.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Aw...what a sweet ending! I swear I'm bipolar or something. When Dennis was gone, I got irritated with Kimberly for playing so hard to get and now that she easily gives in, I wanted her to pout a little here and there.

Thank you so much Noy for all your hard work. I've enjoyed this fan fic very much!

cecilia

Staff member
^probably b/c you don't want it to end and wants them to ngo each other more ^^
a part of me wants to see extension but i don't want it to drag either so i think noy did good with the whole one year gap thing, it did give times to kimberly to think through and make both of them grow to sulk in their pride.

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
I'm back to reread this story, Noy. This was addicting too. Now I'm addicted to Smooth Operator <3

Thank you for this story, na!