Help with gift idea for cambodia friend

jennisa

sarNie Hatchling
Hi, guys I just made a friend who lived in cambodia. i will soon visit cambodia but I want buy a gift for her and her mom. But I have no idea what should I buy. Some people recommend to buy lotion or perfume. But I have no idea what kind of popular brand name are being using in Cambodia. Can somebody give me some hint of what kind of brand name I should buy. They lived in Phomn Penh, though. Thanks in advance

XCappy

Mr. Char
Hi, guys I just made a friend who lived in cambodia. i will soon visit cambodia but I want buy a gift for her and her mom. But I have no idea what should I buy. Some people recommend to buy lotion or perfume. But I have no idea what kind of popular brand name are being using in Cambodia. Can somebody give me some hint of what kind of brand name I should buy. They lived in Phomn Penh, though. Thanks in advance
I was near the Sorya Mall and they have lots of perfume brand (Sorry I'm not really good with their names), but this is fake for sure. But you can be sure that your brand is a real product. Any brand is welcome then ;).

Some of my female friends like to go to Yves Rocher and Sephora. I bet you know better than me these shops so I have to tell you : Have fun shopping ;)

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
I think a purse or a handbag would do because don't they not let you carry on any liquid items? Unless that's over with.

A nice girl wallet thing would do...what are those things called? A clutch? and they can show it off to their friends.

Chanel perfume...I think.

When I go back to Asia I always bring food especially Ketchup...for some reason when I went back to Vietnam, everyone wanted Ketchup...but don't get them that.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
are you cambodian as well???
sorry. im just curious. ^_^

when i visited france, i bought my french family
something that was usa related.

im sure they probably already have american lotion/perfume there.
that's what i think. well, at least in france.

i bought my family a little hmong doll.
and 4 hmong heart picture frames.

i think it's most wonderful to share something about your culture.
i dont know what your culture is, but im sure that they will love it.

maybe a... quilt. or a sewed cloth.
i dont know.

sorry. not much help.

good luck!
i know you'll have fun in cambodia!
take care.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
I think you can bring liquid if you check it in. It's just carry-ons that have issues with that.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Well like lady sati said, I would probably get something from America that they probably won't have in Cambodia.
I think it'd mean more and they'll value it more. :D

I really think it's weird that people, for example, would fly from NC to Cali for a visit, and then buy something from the GAP store in Cali to bring home as gifts for friends in NC. o_O like NC don't got GAP. Hahaha