Help with finding a person in France

SARY

sarNie Egg
I was hoping to just get word out that I am helping a friend find her sister. It has been over 20 years since they separated. Her name is Srey Hun and she is in her 30's. She has a sister who is about 2-3 years younger and they have a father who is in his 50's. Unfortunately her mom past away during the genocide era. Her father became gravely ill and he made the hardest decision in his life; to put his youngest daughter up for adoption (He felt he wasn't going to live and if he did, didn't know how he would be able to feed 2 sick children properly also.
The last time they had heard news of her sister was that she was adopted and taken to France. Hopefully she is living a happy, healthy and prosperous life with her new family. Since this year's Cambodian New Year, I felt I wanted to help find Srey find her sister. So that this chapter in their lives can be closed. Unfortunately I don't know what her name is but hopefully someone in France would recognize the family name HUN. I do have some pictures of Srey, but I must first ask her permission. Srey is now married with 3 adorable kids, 2 daughters and a son. She always wanted to look for her sister but felt saddened when she didn't seem to be getting any answer. I know that her dad's brother is also in France, but he doesn't seem to be able to contact her lost sister either.

If anyone has any info. that'll be great. I know this is a stretch especially with so little information about the person we are searching for. One other thing her father mentioned was that she has a permanent scar on her upper leg.

Thanks again to all who can help. Srey is like an older sister to me and I hope in the nearest future I can help her find her younger sister.

cathareeya

sarNie Egg
I was hoping to just get word out that I am helping a friend find her sister. It has been over 20 years since they separated. Her name is Srey Hun and she is in her 30's. She has a sister who is about 2-3 years younger and they have a father who is in his 50's. Unfortunately her mom past away during the genocide era. Her father became gravely ill and he made the hardest decision in his life; to put his youngest daughter up for adoption (He felt he wasn't going to live and if he did, didn't know how he would be able to feed 2 sick children properly also.
The last time they had heard news of her sister was that she was adopted and taken to France. Hopefully she is living a happy, healthy and prosperous life with her new family. Since this year's Cambodian New Year, I felt I wanted to help find Srey find her sister. So that this chapter in their lives can be closed. Unfortunately I don't know what her name is but hopefully someone in France would recognize the family name HUN. I do have some pictures of Srey, but I must first ask her permission. Srey is now married with 3 adorable kids, 2 daughters and a son. She always wanted to look for her sister but felt saddened when she didn't seem to be getting any answer. I know that her dad's brother is also in France, but he doesn't seem to be able to contact her lost sister either.

If anyone has any info. that'll be great. I know this is a stretch especially with so little information about the person we are searching for. One other thing her father mentioned was that she has a permanent scar on her upper leg.

Thanks again to all who can help. Srey is like an older sister to me and I hope in the nearest future I can help her find her younger sister.

It's very kind of you to try to help your friend.
You said the father put the youngest sister up for adoption but it means that she was adopted by a French family and she must have a new French name. Therefore, even if we recognise the family name Hun it is not going to help us to find this girl.
What i can suggest you is to contact the organisation who was in charge of the adoption and ask who adopted her.
However it is quite hard coz usually it is confidential but your friend can try. No harm of trying!
Does she have any pictures of her sister even old picture?
That can help as well.
Wish you and your friend good luck!