Heavenly Sword and the Dragon saber

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
aychenneres said:
i haven't seen the one with tony and kitty, but i've seen like 3 remakes. out of all of them, i prefer the one with alec and alyssa. the tvb remake wasn't that good, even though i like tvb.
[post="29487"][/post]​

The TVB is the one with GiGi right? If that's the case, then the star guy did not look that cute compared to Tony, geee what a difference. I think he would be better casting as a bad guy or something, eh maybe I am too harsh on the guy but yeah he's kind of eww! Hmmm, have not seen the one with Alec yet.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Well my fav version is the Tvb 80s Tony/Kitty. For one every girl in there was pretty and all the supporting cast like the 7 bros and the parents were awesome.

The tvb 2000 version? Lawrence was way too old, the parent's story was gag worthy, Gigi's version of Zhao Min was too mean, the 7 bros became a caricature instead of the distinguished brotherhood, the 6th brother story w/ Bu Hui dragged too long, and besides Gigi and Charmaine the other 2 chicks were fugly.

I won't even comment on the tawain version it was that bad. Alec and Alyssa's were ok but I don't really like non-tvb kung fu series because it becomes too soap opera-ish and concentrates too much on the lovey dovey stuff.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
jeanie said:
Well my fav version is the Tvb 80s Tony/Kitty. For one every girl in there was pretty and all the supporting cast like the 7 bros and the parents were awesome.

The tvb 2000 version? Lawrence was way too old, the parent's story was gag worthy, Gigi's version of Zhao Min was too mean, the 7 bros became a caricature instead of the distinguished brotherhood, the 6th brother story w/ Bu Hui dragged too long, and besides Gigi and Charmaine the other 2 chicks were fugly.

I won't even comment on the tawain version it was that bad. Alec and Alyssa's were ok but I don't really like non-tvb kung fu series because it becomes too soap opera-ish and concentrates too much on the lovey dovey stuff.
[post="32805"][/post]​
[/quote

Yeah, I know what you mean, sometimes it's almost like watching Dragon Ball Z, with all those colorful effects in there instead of some martial arts. Dont know if anyone else have noticed but the Taiwanese series likes to use a lot of the butterfly effects. Their plot of the kung fu series are getting better, some series has more interesting fight scenes than TVB.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
jeanie said:

[post="32805"][/post]​
hahahaha...i know exactly what you mean about some of the chicks being "fugly", and lawrence being too old-looking. actually, a lot of other things bothered me too, about the 2000 version. i just couldn't figure out a nice way to say these things (in case there were fans out there). LOL thanks! :lol: too bad, cuz i usually love tvb series too.

aychenneres

sarNie Hatchling
jeanie said:
[post="32805"][/post]​
i don't think it focused a lot on the lovey dovey stuff. at least not much more than what i remember from other remakes. and besides, isn't the alec and alyssa version a china production, not taiwan, despite its mainly taiwanese cast? because i thought it followed after the successful remake of the legend of arching hero.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Yeah Alec/Alyssa is a China Production. The tawain version I'm talking about was in the mid 90s, with Kathy Chow as Zhou Zhirou.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
LOL I just think they should stop with the remakes already, gee, they should focus more on how to come up with other original series.

Susie

sarNie Adult
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE HEAVENLY SWORD AND DRAGEN SABRE IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME I MEAN ALL TIME FAVORITES!!!I LOVE BOTH THE TVB WITH GIGI AND THE ALEC'S VERSION. BUT TO BE TOTALLY HONEST I GOTTA SAY THE VERISON W/ ALEC & ALYSSIA CHIA IS WAYYYYYYY BETTER!!!! THEY MAKE SUCH A CUTE COUPLE AND THEN CHANGED WHEN I WATCHED ALYSSIA AND VINCENT ZHAO PLAYIN IN WU MEI NIENG THE FIRST EMPRESS!!!SORRY OFF TOPIC BUT YEAH IT WAS FUNNY CUZ THE PRESS/MEDIA WAS MAKIN FUN OF ALYSSIA'S LIL VOICE COMPARING IT TO A CARTOON'S VOICE..LOL BUT I HIGHLY RECCOMEND WATCHIN THE ALEC'S VERSION OKAY!!

aychenneres

sarNie Hatchling
jeanie said:
Yeah Alec/Alyssa is a China Production. The tawain version I'm talking about was in the mid 90s, with Kathy Chow as Zhou Zhirou.
[post="34048"][/post]​
oh that one. yeah, the version with steven ma wasn't good. :wacko:

SunStar

sarNie Elites
*first of all... the Gigi version was okay.... it had a lot of things that made it very interesting!!! BUT!!!!.... the pra'ek in there is so damn ugly... and he doesn't look that young either.... eww...

i personally love the Alec version better.... flows nicely... and it had a lot of the stuffs that i'm really into... (love!)... ALSO... all the main characters were actually good looking!!! they were not ugly like the Gigi version...

I RECOMMEND WATCHING THE ALEC VERSION!!! YOU'LL LOVE IT...

rukmos

sarNie Adult
I'm so glad to here that many of you guys like the Alec/Alyssa version also...I'm thinking of buying, but I don't know if i want to buy the one that's dubbed in thai or the original one with the english subtitles since the english is really bad in there.

jackielee978

sarNie Adult
Actually I like the Gigi version way.......... more better. This version is more interesting and because it is TVB. I can't stop watching it.

ntelligent_mind

sarNie Hatchling
The only Version I have finish watching is the one that was made in 1994...and now i am currently watching the one with Alec and alyssa...I guess they are both ok.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
oh man, i thought ive seen all the different versions, but looks like i haven't. steven ma did one? don't care what anyone says but i like him...especially in legend of the eight immortals. LOL

rukmos

sarNie Adult
the very first HSDS was done in 1978 somewhere around there and Adam Cheng was the very first Zhang Wuji. I remember watching it a few years back and I really loved it and then when I saw the one with Alec Su. I didn't put the two together because it was so long until this weekend when I went over to my uncle's house and watched the one with Adam Cheng again. It's so such an old one because it was the very first one made and no one probably remembers it, but if anyone can get a copy of this to watch, it's just as good as the one with Tony and Alec. Besides, Adam Cheng is in there and I totally love this guy.

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
this movie is remake 12 time aready. i dont like how chinese people alway remake their move like that. it the same story but different people play in there.

Susie

sarNie Adult
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, I LOVE THE ALEC AND ALYSSIA VERSION FROM 2003 IT IS SO CUTE!!!! I GUESS CUZ ALYSSIA IS ONE OF MY FV ACTRESS AND ALEC IS ONE OF MY FAV ACTORS IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE!!!