Guilty

Joy

sarNie Hatchling
hi all,
I haven't written and posted fics in ages. I use to post at soompi back in the late 90's (yea, i'm hella old and don't ask how old). Honestly though, I've started on so many fics, but never actually finished any of them. While straightening things out, I stumbled upon my disk where i had stored all my unfinished stories, and this fic had always been one of my faves to write and always wanted to finish. I was kinda hoping that maybe if i started posting, i might get some inspiration and start writing again.

I was gonna change the characters to Thai characters, but decided against it cause this story is about the rivalry between SM and YG.
If you want to get an idea of how these character look like in my mind, just google them. haha, sorry i'm to lazy to upload pics. Or just picture whoever it is want.

anway, here we go...

Guilty©2000​

haha, i was such a loser, i even copyrighted my stuff. see how long ago i wrote this.

Chapter 1

“Oppa, did you?” Shoo asked her brother as tears started to flow from her eyes.
“Hee Jun oppa?” she asked again into the telephone when he refused to answer.
Her tears refused to stop flowing. They were now pouring down faster and faster. Hee Jun looked up at his sister. The two sat face to face with a window separating them.
“Oppa, tell me please. Please tell me you didn’t do it,” begged Shoo.
“Tell me what happened.”
Hee Jun slowly shook his head from side to side. Finally he spoke up.
“I…I..I don’t know what happened. I don’t remember a single thing that happened.”
“Oppa, I know you didn’t do it. I know you would never do such a thing. No matter what kind of situation you were in. I believe you’re innocent oppa.” Said Shoo.
“You’re the only one that thinks I’m innocent Shoo. Even I myself believe I’m guilty.” Said Hee Jun.
Shoo stared at her brother with disbelief as her eyes grew bigger and bigger.
“Oppa! Don’t say that!! You know you didn’t do it. Don’t let those people brainwash you into believing that you’re guilty.” Shoo said to her brother as more tears flowed down her cheeks. She looked up and saw her brother start to cry as well.
“How can I not believe them?” said Hee Jun as he started to laugh, mocking himself.
“I went to a party, hooked up with a girl, got drunk, and the next thing I know, I wake up the next day and found the girl’s bloody body sprawled next to me, who was holding a bloody knife! If I didn’t kill her then who did??!!” Hee Jun yelled into the receiver.
One of the gaurds quickly rushed up to him. Hee Jun apologized to for the sudden outburst. The guards returned to where they were standing.
Shoo lowered her head.
“I’m sorry oppa.” She said softly.
“Sorry for what?! You’re not the one that shoved liquor down my throat. You didn’t force me to go get drunk, rape and then kill a girl I don’t even know. You weren’t even in the country. Shoo, don’t blame any of this on yourself. You had nothing to do with this any of this. Now I want you to return to Japan as soon as possible. Study hard, don’t let what is happening to me get in the way of your studying. You hear me?” asked Hee Jun sternly.
Shoo looked into her brother’s large almond shaped eyes, and softly said,
“It’s because of me. I’m the reason why we don’t have enough money to get you a good lawyer.”
“No Shoo. Even if we did have money to get a lawyer, I don’t want one. I deserve to be punished. What I did was wrong, even if I don’t remember it.” Said Hee Jun.
“But oppa you’re innocent!!” yelled Shoo, “And I’m not going to let you get punished for something you didn’t do. I’m gonna help you oppa.”
“Shoo, listen to me, listen to oppa ok. I don’t want you to get involved with this all right. I don’t want you to have anything to do with it. You mustn’t get involved. I want you to go back to Japan and forget about everything.” Hee Jun said to his sister.
“But oppa! I can’t just leave you here.” Said Shoo.
“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.” Hee Jun said trying to reassure her.
He looked at her and saw that she was still crying.
“Hey, you said so yourself that I’m innocent. If I am innocent as you said, then I’ll get my justice right?” he asked trying to stop her worry.
Shoo nodded her head.
“You should go now. Study hard.” Said Hee Jun.
Before Shoo could even respond, Hee Jun had already gotten up and left. Shoo sadly watched the door that her brother had went through slowly close.
Shoo slowly replaced the phone back on the hook. Then she too got up and left.

Shoo wiped her tears as she walked out the corridor.
“Shoo! Well what happened? What did he say?” a guy asked as he ran up to Shoo.
Shoo looked at him. Then started crying again.
“Minwoo...,” Shoo started to say, but her crying made it a little hard for her to finish.
“Come on, let’s go get something to eat. You must be starving. I shouldn’t have brought you here right away from the airport.” Said Minwoo.
He then led her out the prison facility.

Minwoo kept his eyes on Shoo. Since they had left the penitentiary, she hadn’t said one word. Right now she was just staring at her food lifelessly. His heart ached to see her in such a state. He had known her since elementary school and has never once seen her sad. She has always been able to find the brightest thoughts for every gloomy occasion. But it was different now. Her beloved brother was being convicted of rape and murder. How can anyone find anything positive for this kind of situation? He hated to see her cry, but he himself didn’t know how to help.
“Shoo, please eat something.” He begged her.
Shoo shook her head and replied, “I’m not hungry.”
“But you haven’t eaten anything all day. You didn’t even touch your food on the plane.” Said Minwoo. He then pushed her plate towards her.
“How can I eat at a time like this? My brother is wrongfully accused, and there is nothing I can do to help him.” Shoo said.
Once again tears were starting to come down.
“Minwoo,” said Shoo as she looked at him wide big eyes, “Can you take me to her funeral?”
Minwoo stared at her. “What?!” he asked in disbelief.
“I want to go her funeral.” She said simply.
Minwoo remained quiet.
“Please?” Shoo begged.
“Why?” he asked. “I don’t think that’s such a good idea. I’ve heard about the girl’s family. They’re very powerful. I don’t think you should show your face.” Said Minwoo with a worried look on his face.
“Please,” Shoo once again pleaded. “I want to pay her my respects. And…and…and if Hee Jun oppa did do wrong,” she had a little trouble trying to finish, “Then I want to apologize to her, to her spirit and her family.”
“No.” Minwoo said to her.
Shoo stared at him, not quite believing that he would refuse to do her a favor. Before Shoo could respond, Minwoo continued,
“It’s too risky. You don’t know what that family is capable of doing. Whether or not Hee Jun is guilty, they are going to want him to pay. Not just him, but practically everyone that Hee Jun hyung knows. If they find out that you’re his sister, I’m afraid that they’re gonna come after you. Shoo, I care about you too much. I don’t want to see you get hurt.”
Shoo remained quiet.
“I shouldn’t have flown to Tokyo to get you. I shouldn’t have even told you about any of this. I promised Hee Jun that I wasn’t going to let you find out.” Minwoo said regretting his broken promise.
“How could you have not told me? I’m his sister. I have a right to know. About the funeral, with or without you, I’m going.” Shoo said having her mind made up.

“Danny oppa!” yelled out a girl with neck length hair dressed in black.
“I’m in the study!” Danny yelled in response.
The girl walked into her brother’s study and found him sitting at his desk holding onto a picture frame.
“Oppa?” the girl asked with concern.
“Do you need something Kai?” he asked his sister.
“Oppa? Are you ok?” she asked him as she approached him.
Danny shook his head.
“I failed.” He said as he stared at the picture in the frame.
His eyes became watery, but no tears came out. Kai remained still.
“I promised Mother, and Father that I was going to take care of you and Boa. And now…” he couldn’t get himself to finish.
“Oppa, please don’t blame yourself for what happen to our sister.” Kai said as her eyes began to water as well. “You did your best to take care of us.” Kai’s eyes started to overflow with tears.
She looked at the photo. The three of them looked so happy together. Danny stood in between his two sisters with his long arms around their necks. That was the last photo they took together.
“This was all my fault. If I hadn’t opposed to her seeing Woo Hyuk, she wouldn’t have left the house.” Danny said in a barely audible voice.
“No! Quit blaming yourself oppa! This is that guy’s fault! He’s the killer! Moon Hee Jun! That’s the guy that killed our sister. Not you oppa.” Kai said as she clasped her hands around her brother’s face.
Danny’s gaze became cold and full of anger and hatred. He tightened his grip on the frame.
“Moon…Hee…Jun. I swear I’ll get revenge. No matter what it takes, I’m gonna make you pay.”

ok, if you're wonder who they are,

Shoo - SES
Hee Jun - H.O.T
Minwoo - Shinhwa
Danny - 1tym
Kai - no one really, but when i made a poster i used Janie's pic.
Boa - is Boa from SM
Woo Hyuk - H.O.T

Joy

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 2

Minwoo parked his Honda CRV in between two BMWs. Shoo and him sat motionless in the car, neither making an attempt to move.
A feeling of fear washed over her. ‘Maybe it was a mistake to come here.’ She thought to herself.
Shoo gulped down the lump in her throat. Tightly grasping the bouquet of white daisies and calla lillies, she opened her door. Before she could even place one foot out the SUV, Minwoo stopped her.
“Are you sure you wanna go through with this?” he asked hoping she had changed her mind.
Shoo nodded her head. Minwoo unbuckled his seatbelt.
“Wait,” said Shoo before Minwoo could open his door.
He gave her a smile thinking she had changed her mind about going in.
“Can you wait here?” she asked him.
Minwoo looked at her, “What? What do you mean?” he asked not quite sure what she was requesting.
“I want to go in by myself.” Shoo said to him.
“…?…” Minwoo still wasn’t quite sure. “Why?”
“I…I…I think it’s better if I go in alone.” Shoo told him.
“Why?” Minwoo asked again.
“Just stay here ok. I won’t take long.” Before Minwoo could even respond, Shoo had already closed her door and halfway towards the building.

‘I can’t let you show your face Minwoo. You said so yourself that this family is very powerful. I can’t let them see you with me. In a few weeks I’d have returned to Japan, and be safe. But you, you live here. What if they come after you? I don’t want you to get hurt.’ Shoo thought to herself as she got closer and closer to the funeral home.
Shoo stood in front of the glass doors.
“Here goes nothing.” She said softly to herself.
She pulled the door opened and walked in.

Danny stood in the doorway greeting the guest that were slowly arriving. He tried his best to make himself presentable. He didn’t want a big funeral. All he wanted was some peace and quiet, but being Yang Goon’s nephew, and godson, meant having to do everything publicly and openly. If it were up to him, he would’ve kicked everyone out by now. More than half the guests there didn’t even know his sister. As he greeted an elderly man, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around and found his sister smiling wearily at him.
“Oppa, uncle wants to see you.” Kai told him.
Danny looked to where his uncle was sitting.
“Take care of over here for me.” He said to her.
Kai nodded.
Danny headed to his uncle/godfather (Danny calls him uncle though)
When Danny reached his uncle, he politely bowed and took a seat next to him.
“Is something wrong uncle?” asked Danny.
His uncle remained quiet for a while. Finally he spoke,
“The lawyers just called.” Yang Goon said to Danny.
Danny looked at his uncle.
“Moon Hee Jun is going to be released.” Yang Goon said looking straight ahead.
Danny’s eyes opened wide with disbelief. “WHAT???”
“There might have been someone else present at the time.” Said Yang Goon.
“That doesn’t prove anything. They can’t just let him out. He killed my little sister.” Said Danny with and icy tone.
“They tested him. They said he was knocked for about eight hours. They found traces of K.O.P (I dunno, just made that up, stands for Knock-Out Pill). From the coroner, Boa, was probably attacked and murdered at around midnight. Moon Hee Jun had supposedly only gone through half the effects of the drug. So he was knocked out at the time.” Informed Yang Goon. “SUPPOSEDLY.” He stressed a little bit louder.
“So they’re just gonna let him go like that?” Danny’s anger began to rise.
“They’re going to do some more investigating.” Yang Goon turned to face Danny.
“Fine. Good, this way we can take care of him on our own. It would’ve been harder to kill him while he’s locked up anyway.” Danny began to calm down a bit.
“No.” Yang Goon said sternly. “You mustn’t do anything. Let the cops take care of this.”
Once again Danny’s eye opened wide. “What?! You know those sorry ass cops can’t do sh*t!”
“Danny, we can’t do anything drastic right now. You know I’m running for office. I don’t need any bad publicity.” Yang Goon had returned his gaze elsewhere.
Danny looked at his uncle with wide eyes. He couldn’t believe it. Even at a time like this, his uncle’s reputation had to come first. ‘Selfish bastard.’ Danny thought to himself.
“That’s enough. We’ll discuss more about this tomorrow.” He stated firmly.
Danny’s anger once again began to rise. He looked away from his uncle. He stared at all the guest, cursing them under his breath. As his eyes wandered, he spotted and unfamiliar face walked through the door. He watched as his sister greeted her. The girl handed the basket of flowers to Kai.
Kai led her to the line of people waiting to pay their respects. The girl got in line. Kai looked up and caught eyes with her brother. He motioned for her to come to him.
Kai quickly headed towards her uncle and brother while holding onto the basket of white flowers.
“Yes oppa?” she asked.
“Who’s that? A friend of yours?” asked Danny.
Kai looked at the girl Danny was referring to.
She shook her head, “No. Maybe she was friends with Boa. But I’ve never seen her.”
She looked at the flowers and saw a card neatly tucked away inside.
“Here’s a card.” She pulled the card up and unfolded it.
Her eyes opened wide in shock.
Danny looked at his sister.
“What? What’s the matter?” he asked.
Kai remained quiet. Instead she handed the card over to him.
Danny reached for the card. As he read, his facial expression stiffened, then he glared at the girl who was now only three spots away from her turn to give her respects to the dead.
Yang Goon snatched the card away from Danny.

“We are terribly sorry for your misfortune.
We offer our sincere apology, and condolences.
The Moon Family”

Yang Goon read the note out loud. His gaze landed on the girl who was now next in line. Before his uncle could say anything, Danny jumped up from his seat, and quickly rushed over to the girl. He looked as if he was ready to KILL.

Joy

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 3

Shoo hesitated in reaching out for the three incense sticks that were handed to her. The old lady smiled at her. Shoo smiled back and slowly reached her hand out to accept the incense sticks. She held it with her two hands. She raised the sticks to face level. She was slightly shaking. For some odd reason she felt a chill run down her spine, but continued anyway. She bowed three times and took a few steps forward. She reached her hand out to place the incense in the incense holder (I dunno what those things are called).
Just as she was about to insert the sticks into the grains of sand, she felt a strong grip around her wrist pulling her fiercely away from the table.

Shoo was twirled around to face a pair of eyes glaring fiercely at her. The guy’s long fingers were tightly wrapped around her tiny wrist. Her face twisted in pain and fear. She silently yelped in pain.
“Oppa!” Kai yelled out as she ran to her brother’s side.
She tried to get Danny to release his grip on Shoo.
Danny pushed his sister away. Kai fell to the floor. One of her uncle’s bodyguards helps her up.
Danny glares at Shoo. Shoo looks back at him with fear in her eyes.
With one hand still tightly wrapped around Shoos’, Danny snatched away the incense sticks with his other hand. He angrily threw them to the floor.
Shoo looked at the incense sticks in fright. She tried to calm herself down.
‘Oh God! What did I get myself into? Why didn’t I listen to Hee Jun oppa and Minwoo?’ Shoo scolded herself.
“What are you to Moon Hee Jun?!” Danny asked slightly screaming at her, his expression becoming vicious.
Shoo flinched. She didn’t know what to do, or what to say.
She thought to herself, ‘What do I tell you? I’m the sister of the guy that is accused of killing your sister?’
Danny slightly twisted her arm when he got no response.
“Ow!” Shoo softly let out.
Tears were about to form in her eyes, but she fought them back.
“Danny! Let her go!” ordered Yang Goon.
Danny continued to twist Shoo’s arm.
“I said let her go.” Yang Goon ordered once again, but this time sternly.
All the guest had their attention on them. Yang Goon didn’t want to make a big scene. But it was already too late.
Danny looked at his uncle. Yang Goon looked at Danny adamantly.
Danny returned his icy glare back at Shoo.
He loosened his grip around her wrist and slightly pushes her away.
Shoo stumbled back a bit. She massaged her wrist trying to ease down the pain. She glanced at it and saw that it was red. Danny’s handprint was imprinted on her wrist.
Danny stepped up to her and glared her down.
“WHO ARE YOU???” he asked in an icy tone.
“I’m…I’m…” stuttered Shoo. She was afraid to tell him who she was.
“Did someone send you?” Yang Goon asked in a calm voice. In his hands was the basket of flowers that she had brought along with the note.
He sweetly smiled at her.
Shoo shook her head.
“What is Moon Hee Jun to you?” Yang Goon asked.
Shoo looked at Yang Goon. She didn’t dare look at Danny.
“Moon Hee Jun is my brother.” Shoo answered him slightly looking down.
Everyone looked at her in shock. Shoo could feel Danny’s eyes piercing right through her.
“I…I…I’m here to pay my respects and…and,” Shoo didn’t know what else to say.
Everyone was speechless. They all had the same thoughts running through their heads.
‘Who does this girl think she is? How dare she come here. Is she here to mock us?’
Before anyone knew what was going on, Danny once again approached Shoo. Shoo had her eyes on the floor and did not see him coming towards her. Danny grabbed her arm and started to pull (more like drag) her across the room. He headed towards the door as everyone quietly kept their eyes on them.

“You’re not welcome here. Don’t ever show your face here again.” Danny said to her.
He pushed her out the door.
Shoo looked at him with her big eyes. “I’m sorry for what happened to your sister.”
Danny glared at her. “And who’s to blame??!! This is all your brother’s fault.” Danny said practically yelling.
Shoo looked down.
“Don’t even think I’m gonna let him get a way with what he did.” Said Danny.
Shoo looked at him once more, her eyes showing signs of fear.
Danny turned around to go back in.
“What are you going to do? He’s already in jail and he’s very sorry for what happened.---“
Shoo was cut off by Danny.
“SORRY??!! It’s too late for apologies.” And with that Danny quickly went in leaving a teary-eye Shoo to stand outside by herself as she cried.

Shoo slowly made her way to Minwoo’s car. Minwoo saw her approaching and quickly got out.
Shoo quickly wiped her face.
“What happened? Did they do anything?” asked a frantic Minwoo.
Shoo shook her head and slightly smiled at him.
“Let’s go home.”

Danny wearily walks into the humongous mansion with his uncle and sister following behind him. Yang Goon immediately headed upstairs to his room. Kai slowly walked up to her brother who was standing motionless in the middle of the room. She sadly watched him. Danny reached out and embraced his sister.
Then one of Yang Goon’s men approached them.
“Boss wants to see to you in his study.” He said.
Danny nodded his head.
Kai tiptoed and gave her brother a peck on the cheek, “Goodnight,” she whispered, and then headed to her room.
Danny watched his sister. Then he too slowly walked up the stairs and headed to his uncle’s study.

“Knock, knock.”
Danny lightly knocked on the door.
“Come in.” Ordered Yang Goon.
Danny walked in shutting the door closed behind him.
Yang Goon was sitting at his desk smoking a cigar.
“You wanted to see me uncle?” Danny asked although he already knew why he was called.
“I want to talk to you about your behavior tonight.” Said Yang Goon.
“Do you have any idea how many well known people were there? I can already see the headlines for tomorrow.” Said Yang Goon as he thought about how this was going to affect his publicity.
Danny remained quiet. He was angry with his uncle.
“Sorry uncle.” Apologized Danny. “I should’ve tried to control my anger.”
His uncle looked up at him. Then he softly sighed to himself.
“Although I would’ve probably done the same thing if I were in you’re shoes.” Said Yang Goon.
“There’s another reason why I called you in here.” Yang Goon took a second to puff his cigar, and then continued.
“Moon Hee Jun’s sister.” Yang Goon said slowly enunciating every word.
Danny looked up at his uncle waiting for him to finish.
“I had Jinwhan get some information about this girl for me while we were at the funeral. He couldn’t find anything. Moon must’ve hid his sister’s identity to protect her from his debt collectors.” Said Yang Goon.
Danny stared at his uncle a little speechless.
Jinwhan was the MAN they could always depend on when they wanted to know about someone. There wasn’t anyone that he couldn’t get info on. Danny was somewhat shocked that Jinwhan couldn’t find any info on a simple girl. Danny stayed quiet and once again waited for his uncle to continue.
“I asked you not to go after Moon because right now the police are under strict investigation. If anything happens to him, it’ll right away lead to us.” Said Yang Goon.
Then he stubbed the remaining cigar in the ashtray. He looked straight into Danny’s eyes. He had an evil grin on his face. Then he added,
“Since we can’t go after him, we’ll go after his sister. No one should know about her. After all, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a sister for a sister.”

Joy

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 4

Shoo walked out the kitchen holding a cup of coffee in one hand a glass of orange juice in the other. She walked into the living room and saw that Minwoo was on the phone.
“Ok, I’ll take care of everything.” Minwoo said into the phone.
He looked up and saw Shoo smiling at him.
He nervously smiled back.
“Umm, ok, I gotta go. Bye.” He hung up and turned to look at Shoo.
“Hey, how long you’ve been standing there?” he asked with a weak smile.
“Not even two seconds.” Answered Shoo.
She handed him the cup of coffee and sat down on the couch next to him.
“Why? Scared that I heard you phone conversation?” she asked jokingly.
Minwoo laughed.
“Yeah, I didn’t want you to catch me talking on the phone with another girl.” He joked back.
Shoo rolled her eyes at him. “Puhlease! Why would I care?” she said as she turned her T.V. on.
Minwoo scooted closer to her.
“Because you love me, and don’t want to share me with another girl.” Minwoo said with a smirk on his face.
“Keep telling yourself that Minwoo.” Said Shoo as she kept her eyes on the TV.
“I know you love me.” He said with a smile.
“Whatever.” Said Shoo.

Danny sat in his office looking out the window. It was a great view, but he wasn’t seeing it. Right now the only thing on his mind was the conversation he had with his uncle the night before. He wasn’t sure what his uncle was trying to imply.
Did Yang Goon want him to kill Moon Hee Jun’s sister?
Danny was confused. He wanted to get revenge, but wasn’t quite sure how Hee Jun’s sister got into all this.

“Minwoo,” Shoo softly uttered, as Minwoo was about to walk out the door. “When are you going to take me to see Hee Jun oppa again?” she asked.
Minwoo blankly looked at her. “Soon,” and that was his only reply as he quickly turned around and left.
Minwoo stood in the elevator waiting to hit the first floor.
‘Shoo, I’m sorry for not telling you about Hee Jun being released tomorrow. But I just can’t. You can’t find out yet. I’ll tell, when you’re safe in Japan. Not now.’

~Next Evening~

“You hungry yet?” asked Minwoo as he concentrated on the road.
“Kind of.” Replied Shoo.
“I know this great Italian restaurant close by here.” Said Minwoo as he made a right turn.
“Italian?” Shoo asked.
“Yea, why? You not in the mood for Italian?” he asked.
“No, it’s just that there kind of expensive.” She told him.
Minwoo smiled at her.

Shoo and Minwoo walked into a very elegant Italian restaurant.
Shoo found out that Minwoo had already made reservations. They were seated in a dimly lit corner for privacy. Shoo glanced through the menu. The two ordered their food, and snacked on the breadsticks as they waited. They sat quietly, neither making an attempt to break the silence. Finally Shoo speaks up.
“Minwoo,” she called to him. He looked up at her.
“Is there something you want to tell me?” she asked.
Minwoo remained quiet for a couple of seconds. Then he reached into his inner pocket and pulled out an envelope. He handed it to Shoo. She slowly reached out for it wondering what was inside. She hesitated in opening it.
“It’s a one-way plane ticket back to Tokyo.” Said Minwoo.
Shoo looked at him, and then she slowly opened it. Sure enough inside was one, one-way ticket to Tokyo. She examined it. Her eyes opened wide at the departure date.
“WEDNESDAY??” she asked in disbelief.
Minwoo avoided her questioning eyes.
“You want me to leave on Wednesday? That’s two days away. It’s too soon. I wanna stay for the Hee Jun oppa’s trial.” Pleaded Shoo.
“The sooner you leave, the better it is for you, and Hee Jun.” Said Minwoo still making no eye contact.
“I can’t leave now! I gotta stay by Hee Jun oppa’s side. I can’t abandon him at a time like this. He needs me!” Shoo said as she tried to hold back her stubborn tears.
“It’s his idea. He told me to get you out of here as soon a possible.” Said Minwoo finally looking at her.
Shoo’s eyes widened. “You talked with Hee Jun oppa?” she asked.
Minwoo became speechless. “Ummm, I ahhh…”
“You what?” asked Shoo. She was starting to get suspicious of his odd behavior. He had been acting quite odd since the day they arrived in Korea.
Once again Minwoo turned away. “I went to see him this morning.”
“What? Why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you take me with you?” asked Shoo sounding a little angry.
Minwoo stayed silent.
Shoo turned away from him. “Take me to see Hee Jun oppa.” She ordered.
“What? Right now? I can’t.” Replied Minwoo.
“Why? If you’re not going to take me, then I’ll go by myself.” Shoo started to get up from her seat.
Minwoo quickly pulled her back down.
“Let go! I wanna go see my brother. I wanna know what’s going on.” Cried Shoo as she tried to get Minwoo to release her.
“Shoo, you can’t see him today. Visiting hour is long over.” Minwoo said quickly trying to calm her down.
Shoo sat still. She looked up at Minwoo with her large round brown eyes.
“Minwoo, please tell me what’s going on.” She pleaded.
Minwoo turned away. Shoo grasped his hand.
“Please,” she begged. “I want to know what’s going on. I know you two are hiding something from me. If you’re not going to tell me then I’m not leaving.”
Minwoo turned to her. He softly sighed.
“Shoo,” he started, “Everything your brother does, he does it for you.”
“What do you mean?” Shoo asked.
“Hee Jun…he, he’s got a huge gambling debt.” Said Minwoo.
“WHAT?!!?” exclaimed Shoo.
Minwoo continued.
“Although you got the scholarship, he still needed money to support you as well as himself. Sure you didn’t have to worry about paying for school, but what about your rent, your food, and other things? He didn’t want you to work because he didn’t want it to interfere with your studying. He never told you because he didn’t want you to worry about it. At first he worked odd jobs, but that didn’t work. I wanted to help, but he refused to let me help him. He said he can manage it on his own.”
As Shoo listened, her tears started to flow.
“I don’t really know how he got into it, but one day he was working at the Fix It Shop and the next day he told me he found a new way to make money without having to work like that anymore. One night he called me up. He was pretty drunk. He said he made a big mistake. He lost big time, and ended up borrowing money from some loan sharks, and ended up owing them even more money. I guess Lee Soo Man, the leader of SM paid all his debts. I don’t really know what kind of jobs he was supposed to do, but I’m pretty sure they weren’t legal. Hee Jun was like his left hand man. He did his best to hide your identity. So far no one knows who you are. No even knows that he has a sister. Not even Lee Soo Man himself. He didn’t want you to have a rep of having a brother that was involved in robberies and…and…” Minwoo started to stammer.
“Who is Lee Soo Man?” asked Shoo.
“He’s YG’s rival. Their family has a history together and basically, whoever is on good terms with Lee’s side is automatically considered enemies with the Yang’s.” Minwoo explained.
Then he quickly said, “If YG and Danny Im finds out that you’re Hee Jun’s sister they’re going to come after you. I don’t really know what goes on in the underworld society, but I do know that YG has been rivals with SM for a pretty long time now. That’s why we want you out of this country before anything happens. It’s for your own safety Shoo. We both love you very much.”
Shoo looked up at Minwoo with her teary eyes.
Shoo continued to cry. Her brother had gone through so much, and all because of her. How can she help him? What can she do?
As if he had been reading her thoughts, Minwoo says, “The only thing you can do now is pray that you get out of here safe and sound before they find out about you. If you’re safe then Hee Jun has nothing to worry about. You are the most precious jewel in his life.”
“Oh no!” she softly cried out.
Minwoo looked at her with worried eyes. “What’s wrong?” he asked.
Shoo looked at him with fear in her eyes. “They know who I am. I…I…I told them who I am!”
The two sat at the table in silence. Fear and worry had washed over them, causing them to block out the people around them. They did not notice the pair of eyes staring at them, and watching their every move, and hearing their every word.

Joy

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 5

Kai walked into the house and found her brother sitting in the living room. He looked up at her. She nervously smiled at him as she bowed.
“Oppa? What are you doing up so late?” she asked uneasily as she glanced at the grandfather clock.
It read one thirty-six. Danny saw her eyes wander to check the time.
“I should be the one asking you that question.” He said with a firm look across his face.
Kai remained quiet as she shifted her eyes to the floor.
“Where were you?” Danny asked his sister as he looked at her sternly.
“I…I…I…” that was the only word that came out.
Danny stared at her.
“Who were you with?” Danny asked as his voice became a little harsher.
“Ummm, I…I…I was out with a friend.” Kai finally said. She then quickly tried to go upstairs.
“Who?” Danny asked before she could get anywhere.
“Ummm, an old friend.” She replied quickly.
“I asked who?” Danny’s voice started to get louder.
Kai looked at the floor.
She finally answered, “I…I was with Woo Hyuk oppa.”
Danny’s eyes shot open.
“What?! What were you doing with him?” roared Danny.
The tone of his voice startled his sister.
“We, we, we just had dinner and talked. That’s all.” Said Kai as her voice became lower and lower.
“Kai, you know how I feel about that guy. I told Boa to stay away from him, and look what happened. He didn’t even show up to her funeral.” Danny was now standing in front of Kai.
Although she was standing on the second step, she only came up to his ear.
She looked up at him. “Oppa, he didn’t come because he was afraid of you and uncle.” She defended.
She quickly looked down. “I felt sorry for him. I was just trying to comfort him. He’s in a lot pain. He loved Boa.”
Danny noticed his sister crying.
“He blames himself for her death.”
“He should. It’s all his fault.” Said Danny looking away.
Kai stared at him. Her eyes were full of tears.
“If it hadn’t been for him, Boa wouldn’t have ran away.” Said Danny
“If you hadn’t stood in their way, she wouldn’t have rebelled.” Kai said boldy.
Right away she knew it was a mistake.
Danny glared at his sister. She started to tremble.
Stillness surrounded the two, neither making an attempt to break the silence.
“Oppa I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that.” She apologized.
Danny remained quiet. His eyes wandered around the house looking for something, anything to focus on other than his tearful sister.
“Oppa?” Kai said softly.
“Go to sleep. It’s getting late. You have an early class tomorrow.” And with that Danny walked past her up the stairs and to his room.
Kai stayed in her spot, “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry oppa.”

Kai quietly shut her bedroom door behind her. Without even bothering to turn the lights on, she tiredly made her way to her bed with the moonlight guiding her. She lay on her stomach, while recalling the events that had happened earlier that day.

~Flashback (earlier that day)~
“Woo Hyuk oppa! Please, that’s enough.” Kai cried out as she tried to stop Woo Hyuk’s drinking.
He swung her hands off of him, and continued to chug down the liquor.
“Oppa, if Boa saw you like this…” Woo Hyuk looked at her causing her to stop from finishing her sentence.
Woo Hyuk slowly turned away.
“B O A,” Woo Hyuk said slowly. “Boa…why did you leave me? I love you. WHY? WHY? WHY??!!!” Woo Hyuk’s sudden outburst, caused everyone in the stare at him.
“Oppa! Calm down. You’re making a scene.” Kai tried to get him to calm down.
In turn, Woo Hyuk started to drink some more.
‘Oppa, “WHY?” you ask? Well, WHY must you hurt me like this? I love you. Is Boa the only girl in your heart? She’s gone now, and still you only long for her. Do I mean nothing to you? Nothing at all? Don’t I exist in your eyes?’ Kai thought to herself. Her heart ached as she sadly watched Woo Hyuk drink away his sorrows and call out her sister’s name.
As she sat their staring at him, a waiter approached their table.
“I’m sorry miss, but it seems the gentleman, has had a lot to drink. He’s disrupting our customers, I’m going to have to ask that he leaves miss.” Said the waiter.
Kai nodded her head, indicating that she understood.
“Oppa, you’ve had a lot to drink. Come on, I’ll drive you home.” She struggled to get him to stand.
The waiter, tried to help as well. Woo Hyuk started to push them away, but being drunk, he passed out.
“I’ll help you take him to the car, Miss.” Said the waiter as he tried to support Woo Hyuk, as well as himself.
Kai started to lead the way to parking lot. As she walked tears started to roll down her cheeks.
~END of flashback~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Here ya go.” Said Minwoo as he handed Shoo the plane ticket.
She sadly looked up at him.
“Your plane is departing on time.” Minwoo told her.
She remained quiet.
“Shoo, please understand.” Minwoo reached out and got hold of Shoo’s hand.
“Minwoo? Please take care of oppa for me.” Shoo said looking into Minwoo’s eyes.
“Don’t worry. I’ll keep an eye on him.” He replied.
*“Flight 008 will be boarding at gate G23.”* Announced the intercom.
Both Minwoo and Shoo looked up.
They both got up and started walking towards a hallway labeled Departures.
Once they reached the corridor, Shoo handed the lady in a uniform, her plane ticket and passport.
The lady inspected it, smiled and returned it to Shoo.
Shoo walked in. Minwoo, wanted to follow her, but only passengers with passports and tickets were allowed to go to the other side. (don’t ask me, I just made this whole airport section thingy up to go with the story)
He sadly watched her walk away. Just then Shoo suddenly stops walking. She turned around, and ran towards Minwoo. She stopped just inches away from him.
Minwoo looked at her curiously. Shoo started to turn red.
“Umm, ahh, I uumm,” she stammered. “I just wanted to say, umm, take care of yourself ok. And…I…I…umm,”
Minwoo smiled at her. Then before she knew it, she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her.
“I love you.” Whispered Minwoo.
Shoo silently returned his hug.
Minwoo felt something wet hit his shoulder. He tightened his hold on her. Shoo in return did the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shoo quietly stood in line along with the other passengers waiting to board the plane. She smiled to herself, as she thought back to what Minwoo had said.
When she reached the flight attendant, Shoo handed over her ticket.
The flight attendant inspected the ticket. The smile she had on her face was now gone.
Shoo looked at her worriedly.
“Is something wrong?” she asked.
The flight looked up at Shoo, her smile now back on.
“This is flight, 008, your ticket says, flight 003.” Said the flight attendant.
Shoo slightly turned red.
She tried to take a look at her ticket. The flight attendant was still holding on to it.
“Umm, can I see my ticket please?” Shoo asked politely.
She was sure that her flight number was 008, and not 003.
Instead the flight attendant smiled at her. She waved her hand to another flight attendant beckoning him to come over.
“What’s wrong?” he asked.
“Nothing, it’s just that the lady over here is at the wrong gate. Please escort her to the gate where flight 003 is boarding.”
Said the female flight attendant.
“No problem. This was way miss.” Said the guy.
The lady handed Shoo her ticket back. Shoo slowly accepted it and followed the guy.
“Follow me. Your flight is taking off really soon so we’ll have to hurry. We’ll go this way. It’s much faster.” said the guy.
Shoo followed him.
She looked down at her ticket.
-Flight number- 008- she wasn’t wrong.
“Umm, excuse me, my ticket says 008 not 003. You’ve made a mistake.” Shoo said to him.
They both stopped walking. The guy reached for the ticket and looked at it.
“Umm it’s supposed to be 003. They must’ve scratched it when they printed it out making the 3 look like and 8.” Explained the guy as he continued on walking.
Shoo once again started to follow him.
“So how can you tell that it’s wrong? It looks exactly like an 8.” Asked Shoo as she walked behind him.
“Umm, the ahh,” he stammered, “The serial number.” He said quickly.
“Oh,” uttered Shoo still a little confused.
Through all the confusion, Shoo finally noticed that she was walking in a secluded hallway. There was absolutely no one around her and the flight attendant.
‘Being an airport, shouldn’t this place have people roaming around everywhere?’ she thought to herself.
“Umm, what gate are we going to? How come it’s so quiet here?” she asked.
“We’re almost there. See that door over there?” he asked pointing to a door.
Shoo nodded her head.
“It’s just through there.”
The two reached the door. The guy opened it for Shoo to go in.
Shoo looked in, or rather out. The door led to a parking lot.
Shoo’s eyes opened wide.
“We’re going to have to take the car (you know, the little car that they drive around in airports and when playing golf) to get there faster.” He explained.
Shoo looked at him. Something didn’t feel right. She started to get scared.
“Umm, actually, I’d like to speak with whoever is in charge. I want some more explanations on my ticket.” Shoo started to back away from the door. For some reason, she just didn’t trust the guy.
She started to head back to where they came from.
Before she could get far, she felt a hand clamp over her mouth and nose with a piece of cloth. She immediately started to struggle. Fear had taken over her. She tried to breathe, but with each breath she inhaled, she smelled a strong unusual aroma nauseating her. Her eyes started to get droopy. The grip on her started to loosen, as her knees started weaken. Her eyes wandered around the dimly lit hallway, until the only thing she saw was total darkness.

Joy

sarNie Hatchling
seriously?? five chapters already and not one critique??

Chapter 6

`RING! RING!`
Danny quickly reached out to pick up the ringing phone without lifting his eyes off the stack of papers in front of him.
“Hello?” asked with an irritated tone.
He hated being disrupted from work.
“Uncle?….
…Not really, just finishing up some work before I head out. You need to see me?…
………….A surprise? What do you mean?…..What is it?….Where?…….
……The family cottage? You mean I have to drive all the way down there?….
….What is it uncle? I’ll just send someone down there to get it then…what? I have to go get it myself?….Why?..
……….Ok….WHAT??? Today?? Can’t it wait?….Fine, I’ll go right away after I get out of work…..
…Can’t you just tell me what it is?…No?…I hope so….k, good-bye.”
Danny hung up the phone. He sat back in his chair wondering what kind of surprise his uncle had in store for him. What was it that was so important that he had to go get for himself? Danny pushed away his curiosity, and continued his paperwork. He tried to wrap things up quickly; after all, he’s going to have a long drive tonight.

Minwoo knocked on the door three times and waited for someone to open it.
“Who?” asked a voice.
“It’s me.” Answered Minwoo.
Minwoo heard a click. He turned the doorknob and walked in.
The person that had unlocked the door for him had made their way back to the couch.
“Hee Jun,” said Minwoo softly, “Are you ok?”
Hee Jun remained quiet.
“Hee Jun?”
“I know.” Hee Jun said finally speaking up.
Now it was Minwoo’s turn to be silent. He kept his eyes on Hee Jun.
“I heard everything.” Said Hee Jun.
“Heard what?” Minwoo asked.
“I followed you yesterday.” Hee Jun turned to look at Minwoo.
Minwoo kept his eyes on the floor.
“I heard everything that you told my sister.” He kept his eyes on Minwoo who didn’t dare look up.
Hee Jun became silent as he waited for Minwoo to explain himself. Finally he spoke up.
“I’m sorry…I…..I had to tell her something.” Said Minwoo nervously.
Hee Jun softly sighed.
“I understand. My sister can be very stubborn. Thanks for taking care of her while she was here and getting her to go back to Tokyo.”
Minwoo slightly looked up at Hee Jun, but not directly.
“So, umm, you’re not mad that I lied to Shoo?” he asked.
Hee Jun turned away and shook his head.
“Nothing you told was a lie. Everything’s true.” Said Hee Jun as he slowly took a seat on the couch.
He covered his face with his hands as his elbows rested on his lap.
“How did I get myself into this mess?” He said to himself more then to Minwoo.
Not knowing what to say, Minwoo took a seat next to Hee Jun.
“Don’t worry. Everything’s going to be alright.” He said as the patted his friend’s shoulder.

Danny pulled his Carrera GT into a secluded area just a few feet away from a dock. A shadowy figure stood motionless in a speedboat parked besides the dock.
Danny got out his car and started to approach the figure.
“What took you so long man?” asked the figure in a playful tone.
“Unlike some people, I actually have a job.” Replied Danny in a joking tone as he jumped into the boat.
“Hey! For your information, I have a job. I work for your uncle don’t I?” said the figure as he started up the boat.
“I wouldn’t call that a job Teddy. For you it’s more like a hobby.” Danny yelled over the roar of the engine.
“Call it whatever you want. I still get paid.” Teddy yelled back.
Danny started to laugh.
“So anyway, you have any idea what my uncle is up to?” asked Danny.
“What’s he got at the cottage that’s so important that I had to come pick up right away?”
Teddy smiled and turned to look at him.
“Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll like it. I went through a lot of trouble getting it for you.”
Danny curiously looked at Teddy. He knew it was no use trying to get Teddy to tell him so he stopped asking. He was just going to have to wait till he got there to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Teddy was checking to see if he had cut everything off, Danny tied the boat to a dock. Seeing that everything was secure, the two made their way over to a parked jeep that had been waiting for them.
“I’ll drive.” said Danny as he got into the driver’s side.
“You sure ya can find the way man? You haven’t been here in like, what, four years?” asked Teddy as he got into the passenger side.
“Don’t worry, I can find the cottage with my eyes closed.” Boasted Danny.

The two drove through a winding wooded path. Their only source of light was the bright moon from above and the jeep’s headlights. After about a thirty-minute drive and a couple of twists and turns, they finally arrive at a rather huge cottage. Danny pulls into a driveway next to a Landcruiser and shifts the car into park. He and Teddy tiredly got out the jeep. They’ve both had a pretty long day and now were really exhausted.
“My uncle is here?” asked Danny as he eyed the SUV.
“Yeah, he’s still waiting for you, and we have the other car.” Said Teddy pointing to the jeep that had brought them there.
Danny and Teddy started to walk along the lighted stone pathway that led to the door. As they are walking, Danny notices some marks on Teddy’s arm.
“What happened you?” Asks Danny as he gestured to Teddy’s long arms. “Your girls (yes that’s plural) giving you trouble again?”
“It’s a girl alright, but ain’t one of mines.” Answered Teddy.
Danny looks at him suspiciously, but remained quiet.

Hee Jun paced back and forth in front of the couch as Minwoo’s eyes constantly followed him.
“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Minwoo asked.
Hee Jun stopped walking. He looked straight at Minwoo.
“Why hasn’t she called?” asked Hee Jun.
Minwoo looked at him with a confused look on his face.
“She who?” asked Minwoo.
“Shoo! Who else? Her plane should’ve landed by now. Why hasn’t she called?” cried out a frustrated Hee Jun.
Minwoo’s face suddenly turned pale. He nervously looked up at Hee Jun.
“Umm, Hyung…I…I…” stuttered Minwoo.
Hee Jun looks down at Minwoo, waiting for him to finish.
“I sort of told Shoo not to call us.” Said Minwoo in a soft voice.
Hee Jun’s already big eyes grew even wider.
“What? Why? Why’d you tell her not to call?” asked Hee Jun.
“I thought it would be safer for her if she not contact you or anyone in Korea for awhile.” Minwoo explained.
Hee remained silent. From his facial expression, Minwoo knew that Hee Jun was confused.
“Hee Jun, you got the cops on your back as well as YG. This whole apartment could be bugged for all we know.” Said Minwoo.
“I guess you’re right. But how do we know if she got there safely?” asked Hee Jun with worry.
“Shoo’s a smart girl.” Replied Minwoo.
Hee Jun looked at Minwoo with uncertainty in his eyes. Minwoo reassured him with a smile.
Finally Hee Jun let out a deep sigh and sat down next to his friend.

“Can you tell me what the surprise is now Uncle?” Danny asked as he sat his tired self down on the expensive white couch.
“After all the trouble I went through to get here, it better be worth it.” He added.
“After all the trouble YOU went through?” Teddy cried out, “You mean after all the trouble I went through to get it here, you better like it.” He threatened.
“Don’t worry Teddy. He’ll appreciate what we’ve done for him. He’ll LOVE it. He’ll LOVE it to DEATH.” Said Yang Goon with an evil smirk on his face.
“You two are killing me here. Now can I see what the surprise is? Where is it?” asked Danny impatiently. He turned to Teddy, “Bring it out.”
Teddy looked at Yang Goon. Both had smiles on their faces. Yang Goon got up from his seat. He focused his attention on the wooden staircase. He looked back at Danny.
“It’s upstairs in your room. You get it.” Said Yang Goon.
Danny eyed the staircase. He looked at his Uncle in suspicion. He had to admit, he was getting rather excited and couldn’t wait to see what the surprise was.
He slowly got up. He didn’t want to appear anxious, and tried to keep his cool. He trudged up the stairs with Teddy following him. Yang Goon kept his eyes on his nephew. As he was about to follow them, one of his men came in.
“Excuse me sa jang nim, but Miss Kai is on the phone. She asks to speak to Mr. Im” Yang Goon looked at the guy holding the phone.
He slightly hesitated in accepting the call. Finally he reached for it.
“Hello?” He asked into the receiver.
“Oh, Uncle Yang Goon,” Kai cried out in surprise. “I didn’t know you were there. Umm, may I speak to Danny oppa?” she asked nervously.
“Danny is busy right now. What do you need?” Yang Goon asked sounding a little irritated.
“Umm, nothing, I just wanted to check up on oppa that’s all. He went there so suddenly, he didn’t even pack anything.” Replied Kai.
“He’ll be fine. Anything else? I haven’t got all day.” Yang Goon said trying to end the conversation.

(on Kai’s side)
‘Why are you so mean to me all the time?’ Kai sadly thought to herself.
“Umm, how long are you and oppa going to be there?” Kai asked as she tried to keep her voice from faltering.
“Why you ask? It’s not any of your concern how long we’re going to stay is it?” Yang Goon asked.
“N…no.” Kai replied softly.
“Well then, if there’s nothing important, hang up.” Before Kai had a chance to even respond, Yang Goon had hung up.
Kai slowly brought the receiver away from her ear. She vacantly stared at it.
“Miss? Miss?” an elderly lady called out to her trying to get her attention.
Kai snapped out of her thoughts. She saw that her personal maid had been trying to get her attention.
“Miss, did you not get a hold of Danny shi?” the maid asked.
Kai sadly shook her head.
“I talked to Uncle.”
“Oh, he’s there too?” she asked.
Kai only nodded in response.
She slowly made her way up to her room. The maid followed her.

Kai laid on her bed tummy side down and rested her head in her arms. The maid tried to straighten out a few items on the drawer.
“Auntie (is it ok that she call her maid auntie?) Ying?” she softly called out.
“Yes Miss?” replied Ying.
“Why doesn’t Uncle like me?” Kai asked as she kept her gaze on the wall.
Ying looked at her. “Why would you think such a thing?” she asked.
“Why wouldn’t I? He’s never showed any type of affection to me what-so-ever.” Said Kai.
“Miss, it’s all in your head. Sa jang nim loves all three of you. He just pays more attention to Danny shi because he is a guy and will take over.” As Ying explained all this, she knew in her heart Kai was right.
“How about Boa?” Kai asked feeling a little ashamed of herself for being jealous of her dead sister.
“You remember when Danny oppa went to England and brought me back that tea set? I told Boa not to touch it. But uncle placed in her hands and she ended up breaking four of the teacups? Then Uncle bought her another tea set. He told me that I was getting a little to old for it.” Kai tried to hold her tears in, but wasn’t doing a good job.
“Miss,” Ying wanted to comfort her, but didn’t know how.
Kai got up from her sleeping position and immediately wrapped her arms around Ying.
“Oh Ying! I’m a horrible person aren't I? I’m jealous of my sister.”
“No, no, no. You’re a great sister. You always took care of your brother and sister.”
Kai continued to cry as Ying softly patted her to sleep.

~~~~~

Danny turned the knob on his door. He couldn’t wait to see what all the fuss was about, yet he couldn’t help but dread the moment as well.