Gran Torino Trailer

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
oh my god!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to see it and wow that girl is pretty and i think she going to be popular soon and do more movies with some american. i really like her looks

DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!! WOO!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

also i wonder if Brenda Song going to show up during the premiere or not

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
lmao.. Honda Civic.. thats wat im talking about.. lol..

anyways, seems pretty interesting but not my kind of movie.. :D

frog

sarNie Egg
I'm going to see this in theater when it comes out.

Man, just watching the trailer brings tears to my eyes because Hmong people are finally going to shown to mainstream America.

stephanie

sarNie Adult
ooo! are they gonna talk in hmong??? like some clips or so? haha

I'm so taking my mommy and daddy to go watch this movie...Clint Eastwood are one of their long time hero besides ROCKY. The trailer is awesome...hope it will take Hmong up one level but before it happen we need to love each other and support this movie.

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
i agree with you!!!!!!!!

tos li peb hmoob nce tsis tau mus siab ib yam li me kas cov movie because of peb tsis txawj sib hlub phej niaj hnub sib thuam xwb and we need to love and support each other so that we can be on a level like others

I'm so taking my mommy and daddy to go watch this movie...Clint Eastwood are one of their long time hero besides ROCKY. The trailer is awesome...hope it will take Hmong up one level but before it happen we need to love each other and support this movie.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
I glad that real hmong people are in a hollywood movie and it's about hmong people and such but gosh, the first time people will see hmong in hollywood movie and that's the side they show?
anyways...I'm excited to go see it

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
i dont know why im angry. :mellow:

the drive by is right. check.

but, for reals dough?
hmong people really give food on the lawn and all???

i guess im very protective of us hmong people,
and if one thing is off, i get really defensive.

this is a movie for the world,
i dont want people to get a bad image of hmong people.
a truthful image, but not something that makes us look like some food giving cult.

anyways.
sorry for my bluntness.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
it obviously is NOT a documentary of Hmong people..
so... we can't expect the movie to show what Hmong people are about..
it's a movie... with stereotypes:

Hmong people driving Hondas with like.. 5 guys in the back seats... lol
Hmong people mistaken for being Chinese...
and Hmong people seen as gangsters and violence...

so much more might be found in the actual movie...

frog

sarNie Egg
We used to give food to our American and Africa-American neighbors.

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
the gangsters are funny..
the girl's voice is kind of straight..
but i think i might want to go see this...
i know i was thinking that too, i know she doesn't have acting experience, but something about her voice really does giver her inexperience away.

lmao.. Honda Civic.. thats wat im talking about.. lol..

anyways, seems pretty interesting but not my kind of movie.. :D
oh yeah, i busted out laughing when i saw the Honda Civics too, but i guess i didn't spot any Toyota Tundras..hehehehe

^^^ my mom used to share recipes with my neighbors..
but hmong people don't bring food to people to show gratitude...
really, you don't? sometimes, my family and i make egg rolls to share and thank people too...but yeah we don't leave them on the lawn...they'd get cold...we hand it to the person personally....ahahahahaha...j/k about the last part! :D

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i know i was thinking that too, i know she doesn't have acting experience, but something about her voice really does giver her inexperience away.

really, you don't? sometimes, my family and i make egg rolls to share and thank people too...but yeah we don't leave them on the lawn...they'd get cold...we hand it to the person personally....ahahahahaha...j/k about the last part! :D
i was expecting it to come out more natural... that's all. lol.
ahaha.. we don't bring them food and say thanks... blah blah blah...
if we made something and they are out on their lawn..
we'll bring it over to them.. they weren't really home... lol.

gloria

sarNie Juvenile
im excited about the movie...i don't want to start anything with anyone in here..but i really wish u guys would just support the movie and stop criticizing it..i know its not up to our expectation of what we Hmong people are...but we have to keep in mind that this movie was directed by an American team and not Hmong...yeah, i thought the whole leaving food on the balcony was weird..lol..but its ok...hopefully they will do more research and turn to Hmong people for advices and help with traditions, beliefs, etc in the future...