Gonna be a mommy!

Kina

Dubsteppin'
Well, I got married 2 months ago. We didn't plan on gettin pregnant this soon! But hey...it happened, and there is no way to turn the time around. Anyway, that's not my concern.

I am about 4 weeks pregnant, and I realllyyyy do not know what to do! Like....I don't feel pregnant yet I am. I didn't even believe the doctor when she said the test came back positive. So I went to CVS and bought the home kit test and took it. And...it showed positive as well.

Anyway, my concern is that I don't know what to do as far as medical stuff. Are there any mommies in here who can help me? Like when do I start seeing the doctor. Plus, I just moved to Los Angeles where DH lives and I don't know where's a good clinic or medical place for pre-natal/maternity care. I'm just so dam confused?

HELP!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Awe... Congratulations! I wish I could help.. but I've never been prego before :(

But I do know, take extra care of yourself, stay way from cigarette smoke. the first 3 months are very crucial in the baby's development.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
congratulations! no need to worry, our body has made to hold child. it's normal if you don't feel pregnant at 4 weeks. you don't feel the baby yet, when he'll move, you'll feel pregnant.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
You need to see a doctor as soon as possible. Do a local search in your area for an OB/GYN clinic. When you visit an OB/GYN, the initial visit will be a series of tests, like blood test, urine tests, and cervical/pep smere to see exactly how far along you are, to see if everything is normal, and to see what kind of care you and your growing baby needs. They will provide you with pre-natal and other maternity and gynocological care afterwords. They will then start you on pre-natal vitamins to help you and your baby get all the important vitamins while you are pregnant.

After that, depending on your needs, your doctor will let you know just exactly how many times you need to visit him. Normally it will be every once a month, or if there are special cases, you could be seeing him every two weeks.

And as far as insurance goes, if you qualify, there is medicaid for pregnant women. They pay 100% during your pregnancy and the delivery of your baby.

Good luck and congratulations.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
whoa!!! wait a minute???? i have already experienced implantation bleeding so y the heck am i bleeding more than an implantation bleeding??? it cant be a miscarriage because it doesnt hurt, im not feverish or anything......omg. and i dont have insurance at the time being, im filing currently so i dont have the money to go to the ER. does anybody know!!! help!!!

lady0fdarkness

hmm.. sounds to me like you're just spotting blood, unless it's heavy bleeding? Cause it's normal if you are.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
yeah...i spotted blood. i was afraid it was a miscarriage bleeding but it lasted only 30 min

lady0fdarkness

^^ that is normal... it happened to me too... however, you should find an ob/gyn ASAP to make sure everything's fine. Try applying for medicaid for pregnant women. Normally, if you qualify they will approve it quick so that you can start getting treatments. In the meantime, you can visit one of the government funded clinics. They will help you find an ob/gyn and give you pre-natal vitamins.

good luck.

judyp

sarNie Adult
aww. congratulations!! i wish i had more info to help, but i am in nursing school and am barely learning about maternity nursing. :) usually prenatal visits are monthly through about the 28th week of pregnancy and after that, they're about every 2 weeks until the 36th week and then every week until birth. it'll be important that you see an ob/gyn asap because they'll gather all your history including medical and nutritional as well as obtain lab tests. you'll want to take especiall good care of yourself. foods high in irons is a plus. you'll want to avoid cigarette smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke because that can restrict fetal growth. all in all, take good care of yourself because it will reflect your baby's growth! with all that being said, i'd follow ladyofdarkness' recommendation--see an ob/gyn asap. good luck w/ everything!

water500cc

sarNie Egg
congrats~

about going to see a doc...hum...even if you don't have insurance..I would still suggest you to do so..after all...baby's health is everything
(agree with what lady0fdarkness said from the above)

don't panic ~ relax more and you'll be fine :D

congratulations! i'm sure you already know this, but stay away from alcohol...even a glass of wine isn't a good idea...relax...yoga (just the sitting positions...nothing too strenuous) or meditation for 30 minutes each day will really benefit you...and exercise...a lot of pregnant women tend to be afraid to exercise while they're pregnant, but you should...just walk, do some thigh/leg exercises and arm exercises...

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
you should buy a book on pregnancy, it'll tell you what to do, like when you should go see a dr. and how your body will change and what kinda exercise and food you should be eating and so forth...

noungning

Heartless
oh the blood spotting... it happened with a colleague... but her's was really bad. she was in pain also and she had lost a lot of blood... according to her, CHUNKS! yeah we were all scared that she was having a miscarriage... but fortunately it was a clot that built up in her body and was finally releasing and it was hurting her, i'm talking about bending down in a cringing position hurt, but everything was good. and she just gave birth today :)

anyway, i totally agree with all the suggestions to seek a clinic. regardless of being good or bad, getting some information about pregnancy is good... knowing that u are pregnant and able to use caution is good, but realize also that u are only pregnant and not handicapped lol! because this tends to happen when ppl abuses the fact that they are pregnant to get everything their way hahaha ^_^

don't forget to drink ur daily dose of milk! and typically u will not feel the baby moving til ur 3rd-4th month, but i'm not an expert, i'm just repeating what the docs suggested my colleague since she thought her pregnancy was abnormal...

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
oooowww ning that is a good one hahahaha pregnant not handicap i could throw those at a few folks

on with the subject, your maternal instincts will kick in and congrats

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
wah, this thread is so cute and new mommies are so funny! i wonder what being pregnant is like? i've never even felt a baby kick before. it sounds scary. so many people in my family have been pregnant before and almost all of the time, i would ask if i could touch their stomach. but every time i touch it, the babies would NEVER EVER kick!! so it's become a joke in the family. haha everyone in my family says that either babies think my touch is soothing or they just straight up don't like me. LOL wtf.

Sreymao

sarNie Adult
Amira, U felt just like me when I first got pegnant with my lil' boy I don't expect it to happen it just did . I got married last yr when my my lil' boy was 3 month old. when I first found out I was pregnant I buy lots of those pregnancy test to make sure after 5 postive I was shock :eek: I tell my BF he told me not to worry and my mom was kool. First time mom tend to freak out about anything, well I was :lol: during my pregnancy my husband is like my nurse he tell me everything, what to do, what not to do and lots of hospital visits. I tend to get mood swings too. as for the baby kicks we should feel it around 4 to 5 month it a great feeling when U feel ur baby heart beat and when he kick my lil' boy was a wild child he kick me like crazy I can't hardly sleep it like he having a party. After the baby is born U have a another awesome feeling looking @ the child U made his lil' hands and feet. It great being a mom. Rite now I'm having a another lil' boy I'm almost 7 month is this lil one is not as wild as his older bro behave in my tummy

Kina

Dubsteppin'
I couldn't visit any clinics today due to the fact that it's closed. Oh well, better try Monday. I just moved to Los Angeles as well, so if anyone here lives in the LA area and knows a great ob/gyn clinic then do do dooooooooo let me know!

Ok....Now to go through boy's n girl's names! I think I got it covered though.

I think my blood is low in iron so better stop by CVS or Walgreens or something to get some prenatal multivitamins.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
awww congrats sreymao! i feel excited to be a mommie! i can't wait to hear my lil one call my name out and to hold him/her....life is so precious now that im pregnant....but still vewy vewy scawed....lol

judyp

sarNie Adult
aww. im soo excited for you! and i've never even been pregnant. lol. i was at the hospital doing my rotation and i got to see a c-section and vaginal birth! pretty damn amazing i tell you! i think a pregnant woman is soo beautiful and enjoy it while it lasts because i've heard about new mommies missing being pregnant once baby is born! :)

Sreymao

sarNie Adult
Congrat 2 U too honey!!!! its great being a mom U will feel all tired and stuff in the beginning but with the love and support from Husband and family its worth it. and holding that baby in your arms ahh... ... it just a great feeling. see my bannernavater its my lil' NAthan he is 1 now. he scream out my mom He'll be like MOOOOOOOOmy lolz.. its just cute he spend alots of time with my grandma he would also yell out TOOOOUT and sometime she have to put him on a leash he never stay still lolz... now he will have a lil bro I hope he won't get jealous too soon. Don't forget to tell us your baby sex when U find out in a few month.