GMM Grammy REMOVES MUSIC FROM YOUTUBE

suayrerdcherdsode

sarNie Adult
GMM Grammy Rebellion

For those who haven’t heard already, GMM Grammy has decided its going to delete all of its songs and music videos from Youtube, stop uploading anymore, and flag any that other people upload as copyright infringement. They apparently don’t like that people can listen to their music there for free and think it contributes to piracy. They don’t want songs of theirs to be available streaming online and for people to only buy the albums based on radio singles and 10 second teasers and want their videos to ONLY be available on gmember.com, which is not only completely in Thai so it’s hard for foreigners to navigate, but it’s a HORRIBLE, slow, glitchy site with loading problems that doesn’t work half the time and is so frustrating to try to use.
Obviously this is a way outdated marketing strategy and will hurt them more than help, as without a site that streams as fast as Youtube or has such a wide user base, their music won’t reach as wide an audience, and it cuts you, the fans (especially the international fans who don’t speak Thai) off from keeping up with a lot of the artists and new music. Streaming the music videos is an advertisement for the artist and can induce people to buy the CDs or mp3s while the company can still make a lot off advertisement clicks and views. The leaders of GMM Grammy need to realize that this is the technology age and the economy is bad, no one will pay for a CD they haven’t heard already and just hope it’s good, not when it’s so easy to find it streaming or for download elsewhere. Limiting the audience who can watch your music videos or hear your music is not going to help your company grow and will most likely contribute to online piracy, so the sooner Grammy realizes this, the better it will be for their artists, and thus better for them.
Many in Thailand have started a rebellion against Grammy for this, threatening to unsubscribe from all Grammy Youtube channels and boycott buying any Grammy albums, as well as thumbing down all the videos they upload on Youtube and leaving angry comments, so if you’re watching Thai videos from GMM Grammy and wonder why there’s so many dislikes or angry comments, this is why.
I’m not sure if it would be right of me to encourage you all to join in on this rebellion, but all I know is that I feel bad for the artists whose fanbase will be limited now, and I feel bad for you guys, all the foreign fans who now might be missing out on good new music or who will find it hard to keep up with releases from your old favorite artists since it’s not so easily accessible for you anymore. So I hope Grammy’s management will come to their senses soon and change their mind, and perhaps a global fan uproar would be what they needed to understand.
Anyway, just wanted to update anyone who was unaware or wondering why there is suddenly so much animosity on GMM’s Youtube channels/videos~

ARTICLE CREDIT TO: http://deungdutjai.wordpress.com/

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I know. I just saw this awhile ago. I'm so mad but whatever. Guess that means I'll have to go private mines now. Sigh.
Why must they make our lives so hard? Not everyone of us understands Thai or have the money to purchase them. That just means they better upgrade their stuff to international, English, for us to keep visiting their site and buy their songs online, and whatnot.

mintlovely

sarNie Hatchling
What the hell?! This is a stupid strategy for them to use. It would prevent international of foreign fans from listening to the music. As the biggest thai music company, I expect them to be smarter and wiser, but obviously they're not. I was outrage when I heard this news. I grew up listening to thai music through youtube, and many of my favorite thai artists are from Grammy. I'm glad that people in Thailand are rebelling against this, because I am too joining the rebellion.

suayrerdcherdsode

sarNie Adult
I agree with all of you on that. I grew up listening to Thai music not knowing what I was listening to sometimes but I just knew I like it. As I got older, Thai music became a huge part of my life. It's something that I can't live without. Now that there is a possibility that GMM Grammy might remove its work off YouTube, I am sad that I will no longer be able to follow those artists and continue to support them. :(

roselovesice

Heck. They're not smart. People doesn't just upload it on Youtube only. We'll find every way we can to upload their songs anywhere regardless. lol

suayrerdcherdsode

sarNie Adult
Heck. They're not smart. People doesn't just upload it on Youtube only. We'll find every way we can to upload their songs anywhere regardless. lol
I know right! I might just start doing that. I don't want to illegally reproduce their work but why not share something that others only wish to have. I introduced Thai music to most my American friends and now, YouTube is their source for Thai entertainment.

My computer is infested with Thai music and if I could share it to the world, I would. Grammy, however, doesn't think the way we do. I'm assuming that they're trying to increase CD sales by barring illegal music downloads but that's just hurting their artists because if people don't know what they're listening to, they're not going to buy it. Sharing music on YouTube is one of the most clever ways to gain international fans which only leads to higher sales and promotions. I don't see why they can't continue doing what they do.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Thailand is not choosing the smart way. First of all ch7 lakorns now this.....how sad.

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
I just saw this like 5 minutes ago on that website lol. No wonder why they got so many dislikes. I was like what the heck??? Well I'm mad about this but I can't do anything but dislike and comment which I won't do because i think I should stay out of the conflict. I'm still mad at the company but I can't do anything. Maybe I will rebel too but, I just don't know. I love all the artists contracted with GMM Grammy but this is just ridiculous. I grew up listening to Thai music. Doesn't the company know that it will also effect the artists too? Gosh. I'm so against this. I want to watch my free, fast, whole song, music videos by my favorite artists. Wow. I can write an whole essay about this lol. Same as channel 7 lakorns. I want my Chayachet and all my other channel 7 lakorns.

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)
maybe what they should have done was create their own YT channel liek what RS did that way, other ppl cant share tehri music but themselves....I'm mad for the public in general but I usually listen to most of RS songs and other record label that isnt GMM or RS so, I dont feel affected by this that much but still, doing this is kind a dumb but smart at the same time I guess but I still reccommend them creating their own channel like what RS and Kamikaze is doing

roselovesice

They do have their own Youtube account but Idk. I guess people download their videos illegally too and upload it onto their accounts instead.
For me, I make sure I buy their VCDs/OSTs first before I upload them onto Youtube. Haven't they heard of the phrase, "SHARING IS CARING?" lol